my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » The wheel of time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The wheel of time
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-08-2002 09:19 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, anyone read the series? so far i think its pretty cool... any opinions?

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.201
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 08-28-2002 12:05 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the series - I've finished all 9 and am waiting impatiently for book 10 - come on - why mst we wait 2 years between each - it's torture Jordan torture!!!!!!!! Anyway I find they are very well written and believable considering the amount of work he puts into the characters and thier emotions - it makes them so compeling - if you make it through the first one - which can be tough and you start the second you will be trapped for life - it just puts in you this need to finsih to know that everything will turn out ok - for the majority of people at least. If you haven't read thenm and are just thinking about it I would definitely recommend them - but until I know what you have read I won't get into any more detail - don't want to spoil it for you!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-28-2002 12:18 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya, im about half way through book I, and i have to say, he does a very good job detailing his characters, with most every action they do, you can stop and relate to it, well, besides the whole beign constantly chassed by trollocs, but, what are you gonna do right?

hehehehe, im trying to time it just rigth, so i can finish with book 9 just as book 10 comes out...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.254
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 08-29-2002 04:47 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
good luck - I guarantee you'll want to go much faster than that once you get to like book 3 - I read all the rest in like a day each - they get that compelling!!!!!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-29-2002 11:28 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
good good... i can hardly wait *rubs hands together*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.149
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 08-30-2002 05:05 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey did you hear - book 10 is coming out early - it will be on Hardcover this November!!!!!!

--------------------

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05