my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » I KNEW there was a reason...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: I KNEW there was a reason...
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-17-2002 12:51 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...that I liked Isaac Asimov so well, heh. Not only is the man a physicist and a great science-fiction writer, just looky-here at the opening sentence of his short story, "Sucker Bait":

"The ship Triple G. flashed silently out of the nothingness of hyperspace and into the allness of space-time...."

Heh.

[ 05-17-2002 12:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.221.113.195
Sid

Member # 228

posted 06-13-2002 08:37 PM     Profile for Sid   Author's Homepage   Email Sid     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who is Isaac Asimov?

--------------------

"The girl didn't do anything...and the droid either. Let them leave...or you shall die!"-Sid

"Its not bragging if its true..."-Sid

Posts: 96 | From: Cali | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-13-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He wrote (among others) "I, Robot," some great non-fiction physics/astronomy-for-laymen books, and even some mysteries.

Did he write, "The Stars, Like Earth?" or was that somebody else?

*runs to look*

[ 06-13-2002 09:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.182
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 06-13-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only the third greatest sci-fi novelist in all time, atleast in my opinion. If you are intrested in him, read some of his short stories then the Foundation Seiries, and then The Gods Themselves. He is one of my favorite authors, I hope that ansewers your quiry.

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.199.52

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05