my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » CONS RULE!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: CONS RULE!!
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-06-2002 01:57 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK everyone has to forgive me for my absence. I have been at Demicon, the Des Moines Science Fiction Society's annual convention. WHATTA WEEKEND.

Of COURSE yours truly made her debut... and put a couple of Jedi in their place while she was at it, heh. I am waiting for jpeg formatted pics to be sent to me, and will try to upload here if anyone would be interested. But one lil event occurred which was riotous enough to be made mention of, I thought.

While being my Sithly "Chosen Daughter" lil ol self, and accompanied by the two aforementioned and chastised Jedi, heh, we ran into the "big bad wolf" and a very realistic Spock. We all sat and began talking about physics of all things. Now, just sit back and picture this, if you will: two Jedi, a Sith, a wolf and Mr. Spock getting into a heavy conversation of why the electromagnetic force is stronger than the gravitational force... too, too incongruous!

OK I just wanted to make mention of this, and to HIGHLY RECOMMEND that if you ever get a chance to attend a con, DO SO. I shall be attending Arcon in St. Louis this October; our play troupe has been asked to perform. Of course Graysith will be skulking around there as well....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.196.48
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-06-2002 03:15 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Post some pictures!

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.135.125.55
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-06-2002 07:05 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too bad Graysith was minus an adept.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.29
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-06-2002 09:01 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll post what pictures that I can when I get them sent to me. Unfortunately, being a member of the group who put on this convention, I didn't have much time to take any pictures of my own. But someone is formatting the "Gray With Jedi" ones, and just the Jedi alone, too. I'll post them when I get them.

Yesss... I missed not having my adept, but I managed to squish the Jedi and fend off the wolf nevertheless, heh.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.208
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-06-2002 09:03 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speaking of squishing Jedi...

*grins darkly then opens a door through the All and vanishes*

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.29

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05