my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Hey, Y'all~

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Hey, Y'all~
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-07-2002 06:03 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am writing a book!!!

[ 01-07-2002 06:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.29
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-07-2002 06:14 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.48.84
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-07-2002 07:23 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't want to divulge yet, but it has two apparent levels of action going on, and at the very end a third is revealed. It's a cross between fantasy and human psychology... dream states and so on.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.204
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-07-2002 09:55 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I'll make the movie

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.48.84
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 01-07-2002 11:45 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quiet, you

-Anakin

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.151.162.58
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-08-2002 09:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It will make a GREAT movie since it's full of special effects kind of things, all magickal and so on. Heh... I bet you'd make it a good one, Ani!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.192.164
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-08-2002 02:56 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.157.201.170
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 01-08-2002 04:04 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm Graysith - we seem to be thinking alike - I started a book in September - also a Fantasy - but no psychology - just old fashioned romance and battle... if you get yours published you'll have to tell us all the name and such - I'll do the same with mine - then we can all read each other's work...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 62.252.224.5
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-08-2002 05:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Works for me, Padme! And Ani... I WANT you to make my movie! Oh yeah, Padme... if you have luck with a publisher or an agent send him/them my way and I'll do the same for you!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.194
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-08-2002 06:36 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't sell the rights of your books to anyone! Or else it'll be harder for me to make the movie

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.152.160.73
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-08-2002 07:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HECK, NO!!! I'm keeping rights! How am I gonna get any royalties if I sell my rights? I'd rather go slow and easy and gamble, instead of falling for a check wagged in my face!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.27
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 01-09-2002 03:34 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Graysith, go to Tor.com (I think that's right address) they have the procedure on thier page for submitting stuff to them and they are a really well known publisher that has made alot of writers famous - it's actually not hard to submit to them and they seem really open from reading the site at least plus they have a bunch of security guarantees as far as how to insure that no one will steal your work type thing and such that you can link to from thier submissions page - basically you have to mail it to them at a certain address that differs for genre in a certain format - ie typed I think unbound but super sized paper clipped or some other fastening like that... That's what I'm planning on doing once I finish mine. It's a decent site for copyright laws and how they protect you as a writer in anycase so worth a visit.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 62.254.0.6

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05