my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » The Next "SW " Trilogy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The Next "SW " Trilogy
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2002 02:19 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just saw "Lord of the Rings...."

OMIGOD. THAT IS SOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!! It's shot right up there into the realm of SW, and maybe (yes, I said that!) maybe a touch wee beyond it.

IT IS THAT AWESOME. I can hardly wait for the "Two Towers" (or is it the "Twin Towers?") to come out NEXT winter.

I won't say anything about it specifically, other than the scenery was gorgeous, the action thrilling, the special effects so utterly realistic, and the costuming rich.

Ringwraiths are too too kewl... hehehe.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.181
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-06-2002 02:24 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to see it tomorrow

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.165.236.52
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2002 10:05 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I heard after that the movie has 17 "goofs" in it. You know, like inadvertently they have a car in the background, or a guy in modern dress walks across in the distance, or such. I didn't see any, because I was so enthralled in the movie.

Maybe you will look for them.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.194.189
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 01-06-2002 09:36 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everyone that I talked to either loved the movie or hated it. There was no middle ground, which to me signifies that I will probably fall absolutely in love with it when I finally go see it

I've been doing my homework on it too...started reading "The Two Towers" today. AWESOME. Why did I not read these books years ago?

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.49
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-06-2002 09:38 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought it was pretty cool...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.175.137.4
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-06-2002 10:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the trilogy somewhere...

AND I CAN'T FIND IT!!!

*sobs*

Now I have to go out and either buy them again, or wait in the line at the library!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.184
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-07-2002 03:16 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya know, that was a 3 hour movie, but it went by awfully fast, and a lot happened in the story. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that long and not asked myslef in the middle of it, "I wonder when this is gonna end..."

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.48.84
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 01-08-2002 04:00 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah WOW that was a good movie! And I saw it in a Broadway sized Theatre - in the front row Balcony - talk about HUGE Screen and Surround Sound!! I was so amazed - I had just finished the books a month before and I was so glad i had read them - if you haven't done so or seen the movie - do BOTH - but Read first!!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 62.252.224.5
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-09-2002 06:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... it's a tad wee late for me to "read first..." but I'm going out to buy the trilogy tonight so I can at least read the final two before those movies come out.

AND I'M SOOOOO GLAD WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT THREE YEARS IN BETWEEN EACH ONE!!!

Now I'm addicted to LOTR collectibles. I've got the Ringwraith action figure, Gandalf, Boromir and Lurtz duo (are those names correct?) and the Ringwraith with Battle Horse. The latter looks great next to my Headless Horseman and Horse... and General Thade with Steed from "Planet of the Apes."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.107.23
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-09-2002 06:40 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As you can see, I am having way too much fun with these wonderful colored fonts!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.107.23
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 01-09-2002 06:49 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lmao

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.134.183.162
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 01-16-2002 08:15 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I FINALLY saw it and LOVED every minute! There was not a single part that was not absolutely great--although I could have done with better characterizations, but that's minor.

I want a Legolas action figure He's my celeb crush until Ep. II comes out, then it'll be Hayden again...

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.175.98.166
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 02-05-2002 11:39 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with you on the Legolas thing Rogue - I even bought the Visual Companion though I didn't need it to read cause there is a nice full page photo of him in there - when my book is finished I'm gonna find someone to movie it and he has to be the lead - just too perfectly fits my character (well not the lead lead - that's my heroine - second lead her prince...)

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05