my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » And While I'm At It....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: And While I'm At It....
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-28-2001 12:53 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..."Pitch Black" has to be my favorite "nasty alien gonna eat you" movie. I LOVE it when the hero gets wasted, heh.... And those critters were really unique.

Only thing I thought was a bit farfetched was the initial crash. That ship should have been totally toasted.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.176
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 10-28-2001 03:25 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never seen or even heard of that movie...hmmm, wonder if Blockbuster has it?

I liked GalaxyQuest--great parody of Trek *ducks* Don't hit me!

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.150.238.37
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-28-2001 05:31 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Galaxy Quest ruled

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.158.10.105
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-28-2001 10:07 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I'm 100% agreed about "Galaxy Quest." That movie was hilarious.

However, it doesn't quite rank as one among the "nasty alien gonna eat you" movies... of which sub-genre I still say "Pitch Black" is even better than "Alien."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.153
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 10-28-2001 10:13 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Galaxy Quest too. I haven't seen Pitch Black

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.210
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 11-26-2001 07:25 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what are you all talking about? Aliens (not Alien mind you) kicked ass I mean those kick ass marines and the other good stuff it just ruled

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.160.60.4
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-26-2001 10:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Aliens was good... even though it had he whiniest marine I ever heard of in it!

And the good guys won in the end, so predictable... which is why I loved Pitch Black. Vin Deisel is the ruling commodity, I'd say... innocent look...

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.159
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 11-29-2001 04:30 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who was the whinest marine?

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.171.123.15
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 11-29-2001 10:37 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to agree with Gray on the whiny marine part... especially the last one. I've seen chick flicks with less sap...

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-30-2001 09:11 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course you agree with Graysith - we all knew you would...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-30-2001 06:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Methinks thou hast been in France too long....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.34
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 12-02-2001 09:53 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now why would you think that? I don't always agree with Graysith....now do I Gray?
My what a ....what word do I want to say....
pickle, yes that is it pickle!

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 24.4.252.103
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-03-2001 07:20 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sighhhhhssss....

OK, now where's a tree?

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.101.173
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-03-2001 04:54 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why are we talking about pickles and trees in here????

And I thought the RPG forum was getting weird...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 139.62.161.169
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-05-2001 11:14 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah Poh - wrong writer again huh... Sorry Roan - getting confused - I WANT OUT OF THIS COUNTRY!!!

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 12-06-2001 05:42 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why leave this country? It's the best country in the world.

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.135.148.13
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-06-2001 07:34 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Dash, she's not in the U.S. or of course she wouldn't want to leave...

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.154.237.190
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-07-2001 09:31 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No I'm in France right now - studying abroad - and I miss my good ole' NY home - I want my mountains and rivers and SNOW and lakes and towers and parks and Snowmen and LANGUAGE and it would be great to see my FLag - I walk by the Franco-American Institute just about everyday just to see my Flag - you never know how important something is to you until it's far away... I do have a tiny flag in my room though where I can see it at night from my Bed...

--------------------

Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 12-10-2001 05:16 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to agree with you Padme...I think that France is a beautiful country and the language.... But there is NO PLACE like home!!!

--------------------

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 12-11-2001 06:24 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly - Dorothy was right in Wizard of Oz - all those years ago - I guess people don't change that much - and home is still where the heart is - in hte Mountains of NY for me...

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-27-2001 10:36 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still want to know why we are talking about trees and pickles...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.53
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-27-2001 10:32 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We-ell-lll....

To learn the intricate relationship between trees and pickles you'd have to go to Germany, not France....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.213

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05