my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Dune Fans Unite!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Dune Fans Unite!
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-01-2001 10:23 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dune is second only to Star Wars in my science fiction worldview. My friend Jeff got me into it and even though he was a jerk in a lot of other ways I gotta thank him for it...The first book is awesome, but the sequels are pretty mediocre if you ask me.

Do you think they'll ever make a decent Dune movie?

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.146.135.187
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-01-2001 11:05 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know anything about Dune, but I thought they already made two Dune movies...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.165.245.220
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-02-2001 10:53 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I said a DECENT one...*grins*

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.157.239.29
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-04-2001 09:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, but I'm still for "2001: A Space Odyssey" as the all-around best sci-fi movie. This was the definitive movie which brought the genre out of mediocrity into "reality..." which of course led us straight into the "real" universes of Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune and so on...

As far as older movies go, I think "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and "Forbidden Planet" are the two best. Go watch them if you ever get the chance... and remember, they were made in the 50s....

[ 09-04-2001 09:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 63.253.218.154

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05