my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » The Enemy at the Gates...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: The Enemy at the Gates...
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 05-07-2003 02:25 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Continues from When the Night is Bright You Will Rise to Find Yourself in this forum, thank you.))

That sorceress be damned! Arandil thought, tightening his fists. I swear, I'll slit her throat myself!

Looking at Eirianna, helpless to what had befallen her, yet still strong, gradually eased the anger out of Arandil. The ranger released his fists and approached the elf. He held her arm with one hand and her back with the other, and gently lift her onto her feet.

"I am sorry, m'lady, but if we do not move soon I fear what the night might bring upon us."

[ 06-17-2003 09:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

An heir to the Kings of Men, it is a hard life to live by...

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 05-08-2003 03:23 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Assisted by the sure hand of the hunter, Eirianna rose gracefully to her feet. Once upon them, she shook her head, one slim hand reaching up to lay against her temple. She blinked, and blinked again.

"I feel this malady will in time pass, my friends," she said, now ranging her face back and forth to include all who were yet present with her. "And I thank you for your concerns... as well as for your keen accuity. Indeed, something wicked this way comes; hurry. I can direct us toward that spot within Wydde's Woods where I find succor from life's woes. Please, your assistance once again."

With that she held out her hand, waiting until Arandil understood her meaning and assisted her astride the back of the stamping Gorfynt. Firmly seated, and threw back her hair.

"Mount quickly, and let us make haste to that place of which I have spoken. Perhaps within the safety of it's hidden bower we might find a means to battle that which seems to have been laid before us...."

And to make recompense for my own terrible misuse of my abilities, the thought continued, although she did not speak the words aloud. They were still too painful; far easier for the time being to let these particular sleeping dogs lay, and find shelter from the coming evil. Only then would she perhaps find the strength she needed to face her own foibles...

...and to seek assistance in amending them.

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 05-13-2003 03:37 PM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The orc couldn't keep his eyes off the dragon. When he was just a child, the only remains of the race of creatures were the graveyard of bones decorating the bases of the Iron Hills...

And here's a living, breathing one here...right in front of me...

There was a horn blast in the distance, sounding the new morning upon Minas Tirith. Ulfhak finally took his eyes away to face the direction the sound came from.

"I could take this city in days." he spoke to the sorceress, his new master until the Dark Lord returns. "It will be awhile before my army arrives, but as soon as its here, this city will fall in half an hour."

"Unless you have another plan, milady..."

--------------------

The shadow is falling upon Middle Earth...the Dark Lord will return...and I will be his champion!

Posts: 15 | From: The Iron Hills | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 05-17-2003 11:43 AM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Feileacan quickly hopped up onto her horse and brought him beside Gorfynt so she could help her Lady as much as possible then waited silently for orders from the others - she never was very good at making decisions about such matters.

OCC: sorry I've been gone for so long guys - school is Killing me...

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 05-28-2003 07:17 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And so the party rode through the forest, with Eirianna leading. Though she was blind, Gorfynt knew where this place of sanctuary was and rode on towards it. Along the way, a question burned inside Arandil's mind, one he knew he would have to ask the Elf sorceress. To ask her now, when she was blinded, placed him to shame...

But I cannot wait any longer.

After an hour's ride, Gorfynt slowly galloped to a stop. It was a small, clear area of the forest. There was a strange calmness in the air; there were no animal sounds, not even crickets, yet Arandil can still sense life around them...moving...breathing...

After he helped Eirianna off her horse, Arandil unrolled his knapsack upon the ground. As soon as he was finished he looked back at the elf, who was turned away and seemed to be staring off into the forest.

"M'lady...it has been a long day of sorrow for all of us. And though it pains me to say it, I must ask of you..."

Arandil took a deep breath before he continued. "What has happened to my brother?"

--------------------

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Eridan, Steward of Gondor

Broken Back Button

Member # 470

posted 06-13-2003 05:00 PM     Profile for Eridan, Steward of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Eridan, Steward of Gondor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Minas Tirith...

"What could possibly be taking so long...?" Eridan, the ruler of the kingdom of Gondor, muttered under his breath. He had been pacing back and forth in his chambers all day, waiting for the call of the one who had aided in his rise to power.

Eridan made repeated glances towards the open window, expecting the visage of his ally. But he has not come, yet the Steward could feel something creeping closer and closer...

"M'lord!" someone shouted, followed by several knocks outside his doors. The Steward, agitated by this sudden disturbance, swiftly threw the doors open and found himself facing one of his guards who quickly fell onto one knee.

"What do you want?" he snarled. "I thought it was clear that I do not want to be disturbed..."

The young man stood up, red-faced and breathing hard. "M-my apologies, my lord. I was sent to bring you ill news."

Eridan felt a shiver run down his spine. Ill news...why hasn't he warned him about this? "What is it?"

"We found some surviving Taunderon guards. They have made it clear t-that...the...the Elves were the attackers."

No expression on Eridan's face. He simply stared and waited for the guard to continue.

"Well, m'lord, several of your generals are calling for...for war against the Elves. But there are still men who say that there are other options."

That is when he came. A wind blew through the window as he pierced the mind of the old man, whispering evil intent and orders as to what to do...

Eridan blinked and shook his head abruptly. When he looked back, the guard saw that his face was twisted with anger, something he had never seen before...

"No, no. NO!" he shouted, causing the guard to step back. "There ARE no other options! The Elves...they...they attack our friends, our brothers in Taunderon. They have killed their king with a cowardly blow, and slaughtered his people afterwards. They will do the same to us, to every Kingdom of Man here!"

"And do you know why, soldier? I know...they fear us. They fear what Man has become; a force to be reckoned with in Middle Earth. After all, it was we who held the forces of Mordor at bay! It was we who banished Sauron from this realm! We, who have spilt our blood defending the realm of the Elves! We, who fought the barbarians of the north and south!"

"And it shall be us who will drive the Elves from their homes, burn their forests to ash, sack their cities and poison the rivers with their blood! Nay, I say to the cowards I call generals! The Elves were the first to bring this war and Man will be one to finish it!"

Eridan stepped forward suddenly and placed his hands on the guard's shoulders, looking him straight in the eye. "I want envoys sent to the other kings. They are to be informed that Gondor is mobilizing for war against the Elves, and I...we expect their full support. I will find a way to deal with the generals who think war is not the right choice."

The guard nodded, fear in his eyes which stayed even as he stepped away and walked down the hallway. Eridan turned back to his room and closed the doors.

"I've done what you ask. But without the other generals, we will fail in this war. We need to find a way to encourage them, the people, and the other kings to do battle with the Elf folk. What?" Eridan stared at the open window.

"You've already made arrangements? But how...yes your right. It must be kept secret...I will wait for your aid again..."

Another wind blew out the window as Eridan returned to pacing back and forth.

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 06-17-2003 09:48 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eirianna jerked reflexively as the hunter came up behind her. His words, though uttered softly, carried with them a note of sorrow, of pain long born, of confusion mixed with deep anger against the fates or any other entity who had burst into his personal life to wreak havoc upon it in the taking of his brother.

In the taking of his brother....

She turned to face him, although she could not see. For a moment she groped out with one hand seeking his shoulder, perhaps to maintain her balance, perhaps for the mere warmth of assured companionship. She found it, laid strong fingers there and squeezed.

"Your brother..." she trailed off in a contemplative manner. Then--

"I am shamed to say this, but I do not know. However, there is that here which may reveal to you what it is you seek."

Oh, how she hoped what he sought would not take him from her side. For much evil had been set afoot... and there was much indeed she had to make right again; she might be the powerful Daughter of the Moon, but she was not so arrogant to think she could travel from hereon alone.

Again she jerked herself from her momentary reverie, turned blinded yet still brilliant eyes up toward the place where she sensed Arandil's face was.

"Come," she said in a musical whisper. "Seek with me the One With White Hands, the Old One of the forest grove, for within the bowels of his roots there may be the answer you seek."

With that she squeezed his shoulder again and started turning away, not seeing that which was around her, but doing so that the hunter would understand the ancient Ent to which she referred was one of the mighty trees within this particular grove.

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 07-06-2003 11:59 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Arandil shook his head slightly, confused by the elf's somewhat cryptic response.

"I don't understand..." he said quietly, but by then Eirianna wasn't even facing him. She was again staring ahead into the forest, at something the ranger could not see.

Hoping to figure out what it was, Arandil looked off in the same direction, scanning the trees in front. Everything looked the same save for one tree, the closest one to them.

Compared to the others, this tree stood out as if it did not belong there. It was much skinnier than the rest, the bark had a darker color to it, and it looked like it was growing out of two different spots...

Could that...no...

Arandil opened his mouth to say something, but the tree shuddered suddenly and its two main branches extended upwards like arms stretching out. Then the ranger saw two holes in the tree open up into a yellow glow, and realized that they were eyes.

I don't believe it! It's an Ent!

Utterly surprised by this new discovery, he hadn't even thought about reaching for his sword as the creature yanked its feet out of the ground and took a single step forward. The Ent leaned over slightly at the group, as if it was trying to get a better view.

"Daughter of the Moon..." it said slowly with a voice that was neither intimidating or calm. Rather, it sounded curious. "I still remember you..."

"But you..."

The Ent pointed at Arandil, and its brow made of bark furrowed in suspicion. "I do not."

The ranger, still in a state of shock, found it a little difficult to form words to respond. "Ah...uh...erm...I...I am Arandil, son of Arungvir."

The Ent retracted its hand, but its face still had a look of uncertainty. "Arungvir...Numenorean, is it not?"

Arandil nodded. "We have come here to seek your wisdom, uh, Old One of the forest grove."

The Ent said nothing in response but instead returned its attention to Eirianna. "Daughter of the Moon, why do your eyes see so? What has happened?"

--------------------

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 07-10-2003 06:37 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The daughter of Gildur hung her head as a great rush of heat engulfed her in shame and despair.

"Wise one, I had not the wisdom to see," she began, faltering. "I rushed in when I should have crept, I misused that to which I am heir."

She paused as though studying the ground before her, even though she could not see it.

"I have fallen before the wiles of the sorceress, Adra Slavonik. I have brought war between Mankind and the Elven upon Middle Earth, and for this great error my vision has been taken from me."

She stumbled to quiet then, those unseeing eyes suddenly filled with visions of great floodwaters, of the brilliance of the moon in its fullness, of myriad bodies lying mute in death. Now those images wavered as though she was actually viewing them through her tears.

All because of her doing.

[ 07-10-2003 06:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 07-11-2003 09:10 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Adra let something of a smile grace her features, her icy blue eyes only for the Orc. Then, the look in her eye something just short of utterly wicked, she spoke up in a smooth and chilling voice. "As a matter of fact..."

For a moment she paused, if for nothing but effect. "This is a stealthy game which we play my friend; it would be utterly foolish to take this city by force. Instead we ride to tell them of the fall of Taunderon, and especially of how it fell. We shall offer our... assistance in protecting their own kingdom from the same travesty and then...

...we ride at once for Isenguard to..."

Here she paused again, making invisible quotation marks with her pointer and middle fingers, "... make assurances that the kingdom of man is well protected. Come now, as the morning begins in Tirith; they shall have visitors with a most grave and dreadful warning this morn."

Saying nothing more than this, the Sorceress then turned in one smooth motion and proceeded directly to the main gates of Tirith in all haste, leaving Ubel to cleave to the shadows caste by the gates of the kingdom. When she arrived at those very gates, Ulfhak no doubt behind her, she was met by gaurds who regarded she and her company in suspicion.

"I am the Sorceress of Taunderon, and I come with grave warning for your King. I pray you let me speak to him immediately. It is urgent, for the welfare of your peoples and for that of mankind."

Then, the move swift and smooth, Adra reached up a hand to remove the hood of her midnight blue cloak, allowing her flowing black hair to fall like the night about her shoulders and sending a pleading blue-eyed look towards the guards. "Please..."

For a long moment, not a word was spoken, but finally a guardsmen spoke up, his bass voice booming. "Very well," he spoke, looking she and Ulfhak over. "But he must leave his weapons outside the castle."

Adra looked to Ulfhak, and before he could so much as say a word she spoke up for him. "As you wish it," she replied.

"Then follow me," he said succintly as the kingdom gates were opened and a small band of guardsmen surrounded the visitors. "This way..."

[ 07-11-2003 09:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 07-12-2003 09:21 PM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ulfhak snarled as he followed the sorceress through the gates of Minas Tirith. To enter one of the greatest cities of Middle Earth without an army disappointed him...

But if she is following the will of Sauron, then I must heed her commands.

Before passing through, however, Ulfhak turned back slightly and threw his sword carelessly into the field beyond. The orc then turned to the human guards and thumped his chest at them.

"I don't need weapons to take on the likes of you." Ulfhak hissed. The guards glared at him, but stood aside as the orc followed Adra...

--------------------

The shadow is falling upon Middle Earth...the Dark Lord will return...and I will be his champion!

Posts: 15 | From: The Iron Hills | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155

Broken Back Button

Member # 470

posted 07-12-2003 09:37 PM     Profile for Eridan, Steward of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Eridan, Steward of Gondor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I AM NOT TO BE DISTURBED!" Eridan shouted at the doors, his cry echoing in the halls beyond. The silence that followed lasted for only a few seconds before it was interrupted by the nervous messenger outside.

"S-Sorry, my lord." he stuttered, trying to avoid his master's anger. "I-It is an e-emergency. T-Two s-strangers have come. One of them is an o-orc, and the other is a human."

Eridan blinked, then swiftly opened up the doors of the throne room. The move and the noise spooked the messenger a bit as he took a step back.

Yes...yes! the Steward thought, They must be the ones he sent! I must see them immediately...

"Go fetch them, servant, and bring them to the throne room. I will be waiting."

The messenger nodded and scurried off.

It was not long before a pale-skinned woman and an ugly orc by her side entered the room. Eridan rested on the throne, calmly awaiting their arrival.

The doors soon closed behind the two strangers.

"My servants have informed me you have come with a warning from Taunderon. Tell me, what else has happened to our friends there aside from the news that Elves had attacked and decimated the populace, hmm?"

I have to make sure they are the ones...

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 07-12-2003 10:01 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Adra slit her eyes miniscuely, regarding Eridan cooly with her electric gaze. For a long moment she said not a word, then finally, "I know nothing of what you speak," she answered in a soft yet firm voice, "And I am most interested in how you would know the fate of the peoples of Taunderon, considering I never spoke a word of it to your guardsmen."

At that she fell silent, her eyes never leaving those of the Steward's, her demeanor utterly unreadable.

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
Urthreides ShadowHand

Broken Back Button

Member # 487

posted 07-13-2003 12:46 AM     Profile for Urthreides ShadowHand   Author's Homepage   Email Urthreides ShadowHand     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The burning smell filled Shadowhand with satisfaction. Amid the immolated tents, he strode toward an injured man.

"Tell me where your leader is, bandit." It was more an order than a question. The man trembling with fright and loss of blood was too dumbfounded to answer. That, or he was already near death. Shadowhand plunged his sword into the man's head to make sure he was dead.

Suddenly an arrow flew forth from behind a tree and struck Shadowhand in the shoulder. Shadowhand could sense the injury but felt no pain. Imediately, his attacker sprang forth from the tree with a sword in hand.

Shadowhand was quick to deflect his blow and then literally disarm his attacker in one downward stroke.

He reconised the man's face. Yes, here was the Bandits' leader. Shadowhand allowed the amn to pass out from the pain, then he tied him up bandaged his severed arm and placed him on his horse. He would get a handsome reward when he brought the Bandit leader to Minas Tirth.

Shadowhand got onto the horse, made sure that his prisonner was securly bound and gagged, then he rode off toward Minas Tirth.

[ 07-13-2003 01:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Urthreides ShadowHand ]

Posts: 4 | From: somewhere in middle earth | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3

Broken Back Button

Member # 470

posted 07-16-2003 11:57 PM     Profile for Eridan, Steward of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Eridan, Steward of Gondor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"You know nothing of what I speak..." Eridan said quietly, a smile crossing his face. The expression froze there for a long while as the occupants of the room stared at each other, until the Steward finally leaned forward and spoke again in the same quiet voice, "You know nothing of what I speak..."

His fist rose and slammed hard on the arm rest, the echoes of such a blow drowned only by the screaming follow. "DO YOU TAKE ME FOR A FOOL?!"

Eridan was standing now, his face red and his hands still clenched into fists. "Do you truly believe Gondor trusts its allies so well that we would blind ourselves from the threat each kingdom poses? That we would ignore the vast armies ready to invade our lands?"

"I have eyes and ears in every castle and every village controlled by Man. I had rangers observing Taunderon from afar, when elves struck its fort head on and crushed its garrison." Eridan glanced at the orc standing next to the woman. "A garrison that included humans and goblins."

A sudden chilling wind blew into the throne room, from a window that has never been closed in months. The Steward stared at it as he continued. "And I have other...agents as well." He turned back to his 'guests'.

"Now...what news do you bring, if any?"

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
Urthreides ShadowHand

Broken Back Button

Member # 487

posted 07-20-2003 10:24 PM     Profile for Urthreides ShadowHand   Author's Homepage   Email Urthreides ShadowHand     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
By the time Shadowhand reached Minas Tirth, the bandit leader had bled to death. Riding through the city, he attracted many curious eyes.

There he was, the captain of the guard.
"Here is your bandit lord bound and gagged as you stated in your request." Said Shadowhand.
"I stated that he be brought back alive," replied the captain, "fine, here is 10 silver pieces."

Shadowhand felt betrayed. The reward was meant to be 100 silver pieces.
they have lied to you. You deserve more than this. Kill them, take your sword and kill them
It was the voice again. Shadowhand heard it ever since.......ever since the curse. It was this voice that gave him such a bloodlust that he had leveled the entire bandit camp and left none alive.

Trying his best to ignore the voice, Shadowhand said, "I deserve more than this."

"You should consider yourself lucky that I even paid you, filthy mongrel." shouted the captain.

Shadowhand could feel his palm grip his sword, wanting as if it had a mind of its own , to pull it out and strike the captain down.Do it......kill him....

The voice was too much, he had to obey. Shadowhand drew his sword and swung it.......into the corpse of the bandit lord. The captain looked on in shock. Shadowhand was relieved that he had managed to prevent himself from killing the captain.

Without a word, Shadowhand turned and left with haste, leaving the captai with the bloody corpse.

Posts: 4 | From: somewhere in middle earth | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 08-12-2003 02:01 AM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The ranger, finally looking away from the Ent, knelt beside Eirianna. He opened his mouth to say something, to comfort her, but the Ent spoke first.

"Cry not, Daughter of the Moon," its voice boomed, "For all is not lost. Indeed, you cannot heal what has already been reaped but hope still lies in the path ahead. For you are still strong..." Then it took its gaze to Arandil. "And you have loyal allies. Tell me Arandil son of Arungvir, what of my wisdom do you seek? The history of your people? The long forgotten prophecies?"

"My brother," Arandil started, looking back to the creature. "I wish to know his fate."

It was then that the One With White Hands was taken back, as if some invisible force had stretched out and struck it. The Ent recovered slowly and bowed his head...

When the city of the White Tree falls,

And the leaders of Men submit to darkness,

The King will rise once more,

Before his war with the Dark One,

In the last battle of Mordor.

At that, the Ent lifted his head and smiled. "A short poem, of a much larger journey." Suddenly, it took a step back into the forest, and the roots that make up its feet began to dig into the earth.

Arandil stood up, shaking his head in confusion. "I don't understand! What about my brother?"

The Ent did not respond. It simply closed its eyes and stood still, sleeping until the day comes where his wisdom is sought once more...

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 08-12-2003 01:08 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eirianna's lip trembled, but she did not know if it was a simple reaction to Arandil's gentle concern for her, or in response to the words spoken to them by the Ent. She remained where she was, staring blindly down at the loamy soil at her feet, her mind awhirl with questions to ask of the great spirit but keeping quiet, waiting for her turn to speak.

Surprisingly, it never came.

She jerked her face upward now, sensing that the One With White Hands had departed from their company, sensing likewise the confusion now rising within her companion, mixed with not a little despair. Her slender white hand groped about for a bit before finding a perch upon his shoulder, where it alighted and squeezed.

"Perhaps the road to a kingdom is marched by one other than expected, my friend," she said softly, understanding the implications within the mysterious poem. "It is bound to be a dark and thorny path as well; how I wish--"

She stopped, understanding that she could not go to her father seeking his elven warriors, for that would only substantiate what the Kingdoms of Man already suspicioned.

"Are we in this alone?"

She really didn't know if that question was directed to Arandil or to the Fates of Middle Earth in general. All she knew was that the road she spoke of was going to be difficult to travel, especially since they were now merely two.

"Thank you for remaining with me, Arandil," she said suddenly. "I shall remain with you, for I feel you are my only hope of making right the immense wrong I have committed." Then she quieted, giving his shoulder another squeeze, and let her head drop downward once again as though scrutinizing the forest floor.

It hit her with avalanche force, a shining and supernaturally clear vision floating before her blinded eyes. The Steward of Gondor, speaking with the Orc....

As well as with the Sorceress.

Eirianna's lips fell open and she jerked her head up once again, her fingers digging into Arandil's muscled shoulder.

"It is She, with her evil Orc Commander. The speak with those in Gondor... the war is being taken to a new level."

Trembling, she fell silent, staring at this image only her unseeing eyes could truly discern.

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 09-05-2003 03:10 PM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"You are not alone, My Lady." Feileacan said stepping out of the shadow of the trees where she had been silently watching. "I will go with you where ever you need me. I am here for you as long as I am needed."
The elf waited for her friend's reply glaring at Arandil, daring him to tell her to leave.

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 09-08-2003 02:52 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I will not leave you, m'lady. None of us will..." Arandil said, glancing from Feileacan to Eirianna. At that, the ranger placed a hand on hers resting on his shoulder.

If the Sorceress intends to rally the forces of Men against us, then there is only one way to stop her...

Arandil knew what must be done, that the day he has both feared and longed for is now at hand. "Perhaps, Lady Eirianna, it is time for me to return to Gondor and to Minas Tirith...and claim the throne denied from me for so long."

--------------------

Albioth

Broken Back Button

Member # 604

posted 03-01-2005 04:28 PM     Profile for Albioth   Author's Homepage   Email Albioth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OOC: Albioth makes his enterance. I decided to get the party started again, so lets have us a good ole orc-bashing, witty line saying, good time!)))

Albioth smiled, watching the scene had provided him much amusement. An ent, an elven lady, and a man. What interesting company many people keep these days.

"It will be a very difficult road to walk to reclaim that throne, and even still as soon as you sit upon the stone it stands carved of, you will be beset by the vultures of your kind, the carrion birds that would seek to turn you into little more than their rotting corpse of a pawn."

He slid from the tree he had sat in, and came to the ground roughly, for it had been a distance he was not used too. It just shows how long I've been stuck in those crude streets of the humans.

[ 03-01-2005 04:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Albioth ]

--------------------

"Love is a very powerful emotion, and when transformed into a corrent beam of distruction, is very powerful. I'm not sure how it works, but I hear every time I do it, divorce rates skyrocket." ~Blackmage

Posts: 3 | From: In the darkest pits of hate..... | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
DarkLordBelur

Broken Back Button

Member # 670

posted 06-17-2005 06:25 PM     Profile for DarkLordBelur   Author's Homepage   Email DarkLordBelur     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Belur stairs at the fight and pulls out his sword and charges for the battle.He cuts the head off the one going for Eirianna.You ok m'lady?Looks back to see her shocked as she has never seen me before.contunies to fight as he see's he fells the eyes of Adra on him.

[ 06-17-2005 06:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by DarkLordBelur ]

--------------------

Pain is only weakness leaving the body

Posts: 10 | From: The tombs of the Dark Jedi | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 68.238.88.140
Miguel Tahel

I Grow Weary of Your Incompetence

Member # 714

posted 02-11-2006 06:15 PM     Profile for Miguel Tahel   Author's Homepage   Email Miguel Tahel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OOC I hope no one minds my entrance as well. This is the beginning for my character Miguel.

"I hope in time m'lady you shall trust me. I have not proven myself in battle nor politics, but pray I may prove my strong heart."

A figure had appeared, as he walked towards the ensuing battle, his rugged clothes would offer little protection in a fight. His sword was all he could give for justice.

"I am here to offer my services in protection. I will help you."

As the orc came running forth he turned at once with a strong stroke knoced the orc's axe from his hand with the ensuing motion the stab ended the warrior's life as the orc lay dead unbreathing now.

Miguel looked towards the group hoping to offer a promising smile them.

"My name is Miguel Tahel."

Miguel turned to help in continue the battle.

--------------------

Wisdom beyond your years

Posts: 19 | From: | Registered: Nov 2005  |  Logged: 68.75.161.100

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e