my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » Pronunciations

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Pronunciations
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-31-2002 03:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is how to pronounce the names/places I have introduced:

"Eirianna" = eye-rhee-AH-na (roll on the "r")

"Hecate" = heh-KAY-tee

"Gorfynt" = GOHR-fint (with a roll on the "r")

"Gildur" = GILL-doohr (roll on the final "r")

"Wydde's Wood" = WID-yehz Wood; "Wydde" is thus pronounced WID-yeh

[ 12-31-2002 03:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
E'rae Velic

Member # 402

posted 01-02-2003 11:11 PM     Profile for E'rae Velic   Author's Homepage   Email E'rae Velic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
E'rae velic:

Ear-ray (Think, What you you use to hear, turned into a "ray gun" )
Veel-Lek(Think Veel as in the food, and a wierd pronounciation of what you do with your tongue )

--------------------

--Beware seductive shadows, for that is where my blade shall hide.--

Posts: 17 | From: | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.136
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 01-13-2003 10:30 PM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think of 'Kronos the Child Eater'

or, for you trekkies... Kronos I, the Klingon moon from Undiscovered Country...

Posts: 46 | From: see Loban | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 65.80.162.47
LandiTheWhite

White Wizard

Member # 430

posted 03-03-2003 11:26 PM     Profile for LandiTheWhite   Author's Homepage   Email LandiTheWhite     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(Land*E)

--------------------

'A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to...'~Gandalf the Gray

Posts: 8 | From: see Loban | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 66.156.197.18
Albioth

Broken Back Button

Member # 604

posted 03-13-2005 10:30 PM     Profile for Albioth   Author's Homepage   Email Albioth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Albioth: Al-bee-oth

--------------------

"Love is a very powerful emotion, and when transformed into a corrent beam of distruction, is very powerful. I'm not sure how it works, but I hear every time I do it, divorce rates skyrocket." ~Blackmage

Posts: 3 | From: In the darkest pits of hate..... | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    De-Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e