my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » A Map

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: A Map
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-29-2002 12:07 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a map of Middle Earth. Those of you who are big fans might know the difference between different ages, I don't, but please share, as I'd like to. This map is from the 3rd Age. I added Helm's Deep and Rohan, which were both absent from the map.

There are three sizes: large, medium, and small.

The large is humongous, be prepared : http://forums.escapepod.net/ME/ME_large.gif

The medium is a little smaller: http://forums.escapepod.net/ME/ME_med.gif

And the small will show you the entire thing: http://forums.escapepod.net/ME/ME_small.gif

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.188.37
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-29-2002 12:15 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it should be pointed out this map doesn't necessarily show all of Middle Earth. If you've read the Silmarillion an entirely different map is used, so one shouldn't limit themselves just to this map while RPing.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 12-29-2002 04:29 PM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Taehun, the only problem with that is that Simarillion was the First Age and that whole part of Middle Earth now lies under the Sea - taking GS's description of the time period of the RP which would put us in the Third Age... I know I need to get my nose out of Tolkien but... well I can't help it his stuff's addicting....

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 216.238.138.70
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-29-2002 04:33 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah...that's right. My bad, for some reason I was only thinking that Numenor had sunk under the sea.

Still, the maps don't cover the area beyong Harad for example. One can assume there's land out there too, I think.

--------------------

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 12-30-2002 02:05 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going to kick you in your face.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.201.242
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 12-30-2002 02:13 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Blocks Anakin's kick with his right forearm*

Muahahahaha, chalk up another person annoyed today!

No seriously, if I sounded like an ungrateful bastard, I'm sorry. I like the map, really.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-31-2002 01:20 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ATTENTION!!

I want to point out that for the purposes of this fantasy forum, in which ARTISTIC LICENSE IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED, the map/s in question ONLY show the KNOWN BOUNDARIES of the known world.

Middle Earth contains the realm of man, right??? WELL. The Realm of Man has come to be known to contain a heck of a lot.

POINT BEING: THIS IS A FREE ROLE PLAY. We are NOT adhering STRICTLY to the world of Tolkien... just as our Star Wars role play forums tend to depart just a touch wee from the universe of George Lucas.

End of the story.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    De-Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e