my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Universal Motto

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Universal Motto
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 11-03-2004 01:00 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look, I recently made a "universal motto", and I was wondering if anyone else ever made one. A well known example: Hold a grain in the palm of your hand, ect.

But, anyways, here's mine (its my signature too):

For every single step you take,
A thousand words you may make.
For with that step a thousand worlds may die,
all for where your feet lie.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 12-10-2004 08:53 PM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Interesting...

So, it really all cancels itself out? We're really not creating any more than we're destroying?

That would mean we're stuck. Somethings gotta swing one way or the other. Hopefully, the creating does. I think it will, at least. It isn't fun to imagine otherwise.

Hmm. Encouraging and yet depressing. Darn you and your newfound philosophy, making me think and all.

[ 12-10-2004 08:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Blade of Chaos ]

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 67.4.100.218
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 12-28-2004 07:18 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's some creeds I found:

1. Success is measured in blood; You or your enemies.

2. Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none.

3. Learn well from the death's of others.

4. It is better to die for a cause, then for yourself.

5 (my favorite). Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truely judge what is sane.

6. Hatred is the emperors gift to humanity. (it refers to the order these creeds come from)

7. Mercy is a sign of weakness.

8. Only in death does duty end.

9. Forgiveness is a sign of weakness.

10. Serve your cause today. You may be dead tomorrow.

11. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of humanity.

12. Faith without deeds is worthless.

13. No man died in his service, that died in vain.

14. Success is commemorated. Failure merely remembered.

15. Only the awkward question; Only the foolish ask twice.

16. Death is the servant of the riteous.

17. Faith is your shield.

These may seem kinda wierd, but hey, to some strange degree, they make sense.

[ 01-07-2005 04:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.4.10.151
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-07-2005 01:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, just to have a bit of fun...

Pertaining to #14 above, please:

Define "success." Define "failure."

Such silliness to measure oneself by, methinks.

Oh yes, and just to stir up some ire and whatnot: brother, do all the above sound just like something a terrorist would adhere to. Martyrdom and all that ridiculous stuff...

[ 01-07-2005 01:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 01-07-2005 04:40 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes they do. heh, they belong to a universe spanning cult of the imperialis in a different universe. They all worship a holy emperor, the machine god, in a "holy" crusade to conquer all before them. It's been turned into a game, and the book that relates to one of the teams had a long list of their creeds. Another one that I didn't list is:

Our holy emperor is a great being of awesome power. Your life in his service will give only pain and suffering to your life, that will end in death in his service. But fear not, for each of you that falls, a thousand worlds will become his.

Yes, they do sound like terrorists and the like, which is kind of amusing. But still, some of them make sense, particularly:
2, 4 (things like the people in Les Miserables and things like that, not terrorists) 5, 14.

To answer your question about 14, it is true that it would be in the eye of the beholder, but if you think about it, it can refer to something as large as war to something as small as that science project you did in 8th grade.

--------------------

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05