my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Star Wars: A Destiny Unfolds.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Star Wars: A Destiny Unfolds.....
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-20-2003 03:15 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dramatis Personae:
Xam Ngboohan - force sensitive individual (human male 19)
Kendrina - Xam's childhood sweetheart, FS (human female 17)
Barack - Crime lord (human male 32)
Russk - Leader of mercenary team (male Trandoshan)
Feranos - Former Jedi Knight, apprentice to Oonlara
Oonlara - Former Jedi Master turned traitor

Chapter 1: For Honour....

2000 years ago. During the Second Sith War...

A solitary ship exited hyperspace. The ship was a military one man craft, pock marked with blaster scores and dents. The ship's sole occupant, set his course for a space station.

Within the ship, Jedi Knight Feranos could see the looming shape of the massive space station Nespis 8. The station was very new, its construction was only just completed, and therefore it was still not occupied. Feranos did not know why his master wanted to meet him here. But obeying his master was of first priority. The message his master gave him sounded urgent, so urgent that Feranos had to go AWOL from the 5th Jedi Battalion just to meet his master.

He landed the ship and made his way to the rendevous point his master gave him. Feranos had not seen his master since he got drafted into the Jedi army, it had been three years.

Upon reaching the rendevous point, deep in the heart of Nespis 8, Feranos was disappointed to see no one. Then a cowled figure stepped out from the shadows.
"Good to see you again, my old padawan," the cowled one said.

Feranos smiled and greeted his former master, Twi'lek Jedi Master Oonlara. Oonlara was a female Twi'lek, and an expert at many lightsaber styles of fighting. She took young Feranos under her wing and trained him as her padawan. Not more than 7 years were they together. Then came the war.

"You summoned me here, master. What is it that sounded so urgent in your message?" asked Feranos.
"This war has been raging on for the last five years," said the Twi'lek, "tell me, what do you think are our chances of winning? Never mind, I can sense that you are not too confident of our chances. That is why I have called you here."

Feranos tried to surpress his thoughts. Maybe his master has found a way to defeat the Brotherhood of Darkness, some powerful weapon, or a new stategy.

"I.....have decided to defect and I want you to choose whether to come with me or not." said Oonlara.

Upon hearing that, Feranos shouted, "Master, are you insane, defecting? You will be executed for this. Please, you can't be serious."

"i am serious, "replied the Twi'lek sterrnly," I have seen our defeats at almost every battle, and I want to be on the victorious side when this war is over. Now choose, Feranos. Join the Brotherhood of Darkness with me, or I shall be forced to leeave no witnesses."

"NO! You traitor!!!" With that Feranos activated his lightsaber and charged at his master. Blade met blade andthe battle began.

Feranos knew some of his master's weaknesses. He swung his blue lightsaber in low, quick, horizontal slashes, to try to throw his tratorous master off balance. Thrust, slash, parry, slash.

Their sabers locked. "Give this up and join me Feranos. The Jedi will never win the war."cried Oonlara.
Feranos was now convinced that his master could not be saved from her obsession.
"You are just postponing the inevitable, my old padawan." Now Feranos gave in to his anger. He attacked with his all rage.

Seeing an opening in her opponent's defence, Oonlara's saber hit Feranos in the thigh. Feranos cried out in pain but did not falter. One cut was only a small injury. Oonlara, then followed through with stab through Feranos's chest.

Feranos fell. He could feel the life draining from him. He saw his master turn and walk away.
"I shall leave you here to die a slow, painful death." she said. With the last of his strength, Feranos picked up his saber and gave it one mighty toss toward the traitor.

Time seemed to slow down. The flying saber ignighting, the traitor turned around. A shocked expression crossed her face as the saber pierced through her head.

"I'mm.....sssory...master." With that, the Jedi known as Feranos, became one with the force. The lightsaber tumbled across the floor, rolled into an open circuitry panel and was lost among the tangles of wires. The bodies of the two combatants wasted away over time.......

[ 07-20-2003 07:18 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Xam Ngboohan ]

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 08-06-2003 10:39 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chapter 2: Reunion.

approx 5 years before Xam enters the RPs.

"Run, get out of here!" yelled Russk as he laid down covering fire with his Repeater Laser cannon. Next to him, 3 miners ran past him, their faces contorted with fear. Russk was a trandoshan. He knew little if not no fear. But this was an enemy he had not faced before. Around the corner of the mine passage came 3 of the aptly named "minemonsters". They were the size of R2 droids, were quarapedal, and were as viscious as Tusk-cats. Russk mowed them down with his cannon and beat a hasty retreat down the passageway and hopfully out of the mines.

The mission had been simple. Rescue a group of miners who were trapped in the mines on the moon Artus 4. Now the group was seperated and Xam was alone. Only 18 years old,he joined this mercenary team mainly due to influence from his friend Ahriman. Now here he was lost in a mine, making one last sweep of this sector for anyone left behind.
Xam heard a scream from the passage to his right. He dashed along the passage and came across 2 minemonsters tearing at a still spasming body. Xam shot both creatures with his dL-62s. Only then did he see the unconscious form of another miner, this one a woman half buried under rubble. Xam pulled her out. Thanks to her protective suit, no bones were broken only a slight concussion on the head. Xam could not wait for her to wake up. He swung her over his shoulders and ran back to what he thought was the exit.

Russk had made it out. Along with Ahriman, Cypher and "Skale" the Rodian. The only one missing was Xam. All weapons of their ship, "Blood Fang" were trained on the exit of the mines, ready to blow it close the moment everyone got out. A moment later Xam emerged.

"Are there any more" , asked Ahriman.
"No more, I did a last sweep, no more survivors". Replied Xam.

Russk took out his comlink. "Skale, blow it close." He yelled. at that moment, all cannons on the Blood fang opened fire on the mine exit, causing a cave in to prevent any more of those creatures comming out.

This was pathetic, thought Xam. Only 5 of the miners made it. Now the woman whom he rescued was waking up.

"Are you all right?" asked Xam, "do you need anything." Xam was saying this not out odf pure concern but of the fact that their employer wasnted the survivors in good condition.

"Xam come on lets go" yelled Russk as he walked up the ramp into the "fang".

Suddenly the woman said something, "Xam?"
Xam turned to the woman as she took off her helmet. Her hair was dark brown, her face, that of innocence. She was just a teenager no older than 16.

Surprise turned to recognition as Xam realised he knew this girl stading before him.

"Kendrina?"

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.53

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05