my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » I need your help!-

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: I need your help!-
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-08-2002 09:25 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, heres the deal, do to my outstanding poetry that i have submitted to this site, they have choosen me to be in a special "best poets of 2002" book, and i need to submit a poem that i havnt presented to them yet, so, im going to post some, tell me which one you guy's think i should send 'em!
------------------------------------
1)Piece of mind
Within a heart, of darkened mood
there lies the spark, of love and good.
A hope, a dream, to bring the change.
To take you far, from were you stood.
To make you whole, and true of mind.
A ringing bell, of ancient rhyme,
the love of hate, the hate of mind.
The bringing now, to current time.
---------------------------------------
2)Anguish

My heart is filled with anguish
My mind is filled with fears
And when I think these thoughts,
They always bring forth tears
Had I known this truth
That I now must see
Would I have still let you
Walk away from me?
3)Balance
I look within,
and search without.
To find my heart.
And lose my doubt.
To open truth,
And find the source.
The center found.
The balance brought.
4)Chaos calmed
light within, dark of night,
summoned fear, ancient might,
bring forth calm, to chaos storm,
feeling lost, is now reborn.
----------------------------------
4) Minds eye
The truth is told,
In my mind,
My heart is true
The pain is gone,
To feel these things,
You must release,
The problems we think,
The truths we deny,
All is known,
To my minds eye.
--------------------------
Please give me your vote, and remember, uncle sam wants you! *points* man, im so jazzed, this is the third book ill be in! *does a jig*
if anyone of you get bored, send your work to "www.poetry.com" its kinda a simply site, but its fun to enter stuff and see what happens

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.201
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-08-2002 09:44 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like chaos calmed...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 208.61.79.155
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-08-2002 09:47 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I choose 1 or 2.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-08-2002 10:36 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2 and 3 are my favorites, but in terms of overall flow AND content, I gotta go with 2.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-08-2002 11:23 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd go with piece of mind

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.23
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-09-2002 01:45 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Taehun. Thats was pretty nice...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Zephiyr

unregistered

posted 08-11-2002 12:58 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I prefer #2 (Anguish) and #4 (Chaos Calmed) myself.
Logged: 216.244.18.244
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 01:50 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know I prefer "Piece of Mind."

As the author of several published poems myself, I kinda have a "feel" for what these guys look for. They tend to like poems which make the reader ponder their intent, not ones that simply relate a mood or incident.

"Piece of Mind" is the most cryptic of the ones above... and the one which seems to key in most on human nature. I'd use that one.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.191
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-11-2002 10:03 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, ya, they told me i was being selected cause my poems make people think, and thanks everyone! i have dicided to go with piece of mind, and yes, i remembered you liked that graysith, i counted your vote before you made it. *chuckle*

Thanks again, if i win money because of this, well, im not gonna share it, but ill give ya'll a big hug... i should be able to afford a few plan tickets .

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.192
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-13-2002 07:01 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sthis for a poetry contest on www.poetry.com ?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-14-2002 12:21 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it is, why you ask?

thats probably why i said "if you have a chance, go to "www.poetry.com" in my first post

[ 08-14-2002 12:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.150

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05