my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » "Despair"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: "Despair"
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-20-2000 02:02 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here is another piece of art which just pulls at me. The artist calls it, "Obelisk;" I refer to it here as "Despair." While it does not represent any planetary landscape, to me it represents the struggle that one of my characters, Galen, is currently fighting against.

The little figure represents Galen. The obelisk represents all the Dark Forces which are threatening her (and her companions). She has turned her back to it, but rests against it in acknowledgement of it's encroachment. Beyond, the landscape stretches away in empty despair: she wonders if things will ever turn out all right.

(Hehehe... you'll have to go to "The Specter of Khym Magroo" thread in SW Universe forum to see what I'm talking about, hehehe---subtle plug for storyline going....

Anyway, I just like the wild loneliness of this work, so I am including it here. Again, it's by the same artist as the other two.

And this is as philosophically deep as I'm gonna get!

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Graysith on September 20, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.159

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05