my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » To Explain, lol...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: To Explain, lol...
The All

Member # 144

posted 01-01-2010 12:08 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is to clarify the exact meaning of the All post put up today, New Year's Day, 1/01/10, in the Sweet Dreams Are Made of This thread in the "Jedi/Sith" forums, and in the Standing on the Edge of Forever thread in the "CSWU" forums..

Somewhere in the Galaxy, a star in a triple-star system went supernova. The singularity which formed began feeding on it's partners, devouring them and adding their mass to its own. Quantum physics now take over; without going into too much detail, suffice it to say that something like a wormhole, a "poke," or "rip," has opened up between space and time and dimensions. This weirdness exists between the Intergalactic space through which the Vong are passing, "our" Galaxy, and the Darker Realms (read here another dimension.)

The supernova would not have been yet seen, other than by systems close enough for the light of it to reach them so quickly. Those systems would of course, be destroyed. BUT the openings are instantaneous. We do not have to see the supernova to recognize the reality of the wormholes/rips/tears. They are there, while light tootles along dragging the message of the great explosion along with it.

SO, no references to the supernova, please!

[ 01-01-2010 12:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-10-2010 12:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Additionally, I thought I should put in some limits regarding the imps in the Darker Realms. Remember these little dudes exist in the Darker Realms in essentially a state of incorporeality. When they enter into our realm/dimension, they must turn corporeal in order to attack anyone; this is why they were so deadly. They could zap in, switch phase state, do their dirty, then basically turn ghostly again.

In keeping with our reality, the imps are sill in the Darker Realms -- where a wormhole has now been opened. But since all supernatural/supranatural powers have been temporarily blocked by That Which Is, these imps now cannot change form to cope with our reality.

In other words, they are stuck in their natural, ghostly form.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.234.81.9

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05