my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Role Play Questions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Role Play Questions
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-01-2004 03:37 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey gang!

Ok, this is just a thread for people to ask role play related questions.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Freedon Naad

Sith Sorcerer Extrodinaire

Member # 321

posted 12-15-2004 05:24 AM     Profile for Freedon Naad   Author's Homepage   Email Freedon Naad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was debating whether or not to write this in the form of a PM or not, but then I figured that that's what this thread is for.

Is ShaRhylla currently occupying the Temple of Warriors on K'eel Doba? Because if this is the case then there are a few of my posts which I shall need to change. Thanks in advance Graysith.

--------------------

I am NOT a stone!

Posts: 119 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 66.65.0.37
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-15-2004 11:43 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, ShaRhylla is back at the Temple of Warriors, brought there from the Darker Realms when Gray went there to fetch her and "killed" the body of Darth Wicked, which Entaris was occupying.

ShaRhylla doesn't have much memory regarding her time with Entaris (thank goodness, heh) but has occasional "feelings" and the kind of nightmares that you wake up not remembering, but just know you had.

To my knowledge she doesn't know Roan is dead, either; at least no one has role played where she was told of this. It's up in the air then; Roan, remember, is "alive" in the Darker Realms, fyi.

Think of the Temple as this HUMONGOUS place where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, at least as far as the majority of the occupants. They go about their tasks; various and sundry servants have been training ShaRhylla, guided by Graysith, who through a lot of this has been off doing one thing or another.

Remember, she was aged via the Kaminoans to where she is, had no real childhood, and all that.

Hope this helps!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.196
Rogue_Trooper1138

Broken Back Button

Member # 588

posted 01-17-2005 08:48 PM     Profile for Rogue_Trooper1138   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue_Trooper1138     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know where to start my character out at. I'm a rogue clone trooper, and I don't know what forum I should start out in. Please help!

--------------------

Clone Commando turned rogue mercenary- no longer just a call number

Posts: 3 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2005  |  Logged: 64.217.132.104
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-18-2005 01:16 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sent you a PM you need to read before you get going. Hmmm... to make it easy, you need to "leap into" an open thread.

Currently, the majority of open threads deal with the unknown Sith worlds of K'eel Doba and Khar Delba, so those would not be very good ones to start out in. The thread "Minds Like a Sieve" is open in CSWU, the characters in that thread are currently on the planet Sullust. That would be a good one for you to begin in, since there are other characters there.

If you begin a thread of your own, you would have to wait until someone decided to have their character get to wherever that thread takes place, which is risky. Best to join in an open one where people are already role playing, figure out a quick explanation of how you got there, and let the fun begin.

Anyone else have any other ideas of open threads????

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 01-21-2005 07:27 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You could jump into the "On a Wing and a Prayer" thread too, I think, if you could figure out an entrance.

And yes, by the way, I am alive. I think I've read enough for school this week to last the year...

...longest reading week all semester, bleech...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 01-31-2005 05:36 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why is it not moving in the forum that Im apart of?

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 24.10.39.177
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-01-2005 09:39 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Send a PM to those in the thread which is stalling and see what the deal is....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.103.180.175
Kitiana

Member # 598

posted 02-16-2005 11:47 PM     Profile for Kitiana   Author's Homepage   Email Kitiana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This question has sorta been asked already, but I will ask in another way. You said just jump into a thread, many of the threads are already long, and popping in would seem...odd.
My question is not where to post, but more of, if somebody could help as to where my character would fit in best (Her description is posted) I've read the synopsis and some descriptions of other things already, but I will not pretend that I can remember everything....

--------------------

Life is only what you make of it...
http://www.geocities.com/reyven_tear/Kitiana1.jpg

Posts: 107 | From: Iraq | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 144.104.5.62
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-17-2005 01:18 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, first of all there is a discrepency in your description. Kitiana is half Pralius, half "Sith." From your description, and the fact that she is zooming about with a light saber, I assume you mean she is half "Dark Jedi," which would support the fact that her father killed her mother, and she then killed her father. (It's something a Dark Jedi would do; our Sith are fairly noble, and would not do such a thing. Ok, maybe a rogue or two, but... anyway, our Sith are magickal and use swords and spears and so on. They never had lightsabers.)

I recommend that you alter your description and say "Dark Jedi" where you have "Sith." Then, let's see...

"Minds Like a Sieve" might be a good entrance point. This is the Sullustan thread (takes place on Sullust; read up in descriptions about the planet). There are a few characters in that thread, some active, some "hanging around." (Yaoksi Joao is currently in the "Blue Asteroid," commiserating with himself as the author waits for something to happen, hehe. Oh btw, a running joke here is that ANY bar, pub, hotel, etc that one goes to is called the Blue Asteroid. Just something silly that got started and continued. Hmmm... I think there's an offshoot of that somewhere, the "Azure Planetoid."

Anyway, that would be a great place to enter. Please be certain to make an OOC at the beginning of your post: ((OOC: Kitiana enters into role play)) that kind of thing. And when you move into another thread, make a departing OOC in the thread you left (or last post you made there) and an entrance OOC wherever you leap into. (Different threads represent different areas of the galaxy, for the most part). This is helpful if another writer needs to backtrack the movements of a character.

Any more ideas, anyone else?

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
EchuuShinzon

Member # 609

posted 03-10-2005 10:01 PM     Profile for EchuuShinzon   Author's Homepage   Email EchuuShinzon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since I just so quaintly happened to land on this topic, I felt inclined to ask a question.

Where are the Character Biographies or such? Something to help me know what a rough Bio looks like, so that I don't over do it or anything. If there aren't any, that I would understand as well, in which case I feel obligated to ask a well

Can a Jedi start out as a Jedi? Or is it a requirement to start as a Padawan first? I can understand the prequisite for starting at Padawan, but I was wonder - seeing as how if I do die, if I would have to start as a Padawan again.

That SHOULD be all of my questions. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

--------------------

-------------------
Echuu Shinzon
Jedi Knight of the New Republic
"And so it is I vow, never to take a life rashly..."

Posts: 40 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 68.150.19.157
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-10-2005 10:13 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Eschuu, and welcome.

Go to the "descriptions" thread in this forum and click on the "descriptions" link there. You will be taken to our character/item/ships/everything else descriptions board, where you can read what others have written and write a description of your own character.

No one dies here unless it is at the hand of the author of the dying character, or unless that author gives permission that his or her character can be killed. (see rules n' regs) You can start out as a Jedi if you wish, or a padawan seeking a jedi to complete his/her training.

Currently the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4 is destroyed, and one is supposedly being started on Tatooine. No one is writing about this at the moment, however, so playing the part of either a wandering jedi or a padawan looking for a jedi would be logical.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you have fun here.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.170.169
EchuuShinzon

Member # 609

posted 03-10-2005 10:15 PM     Profile for EchuuShinzon   Author's Homepage   Email EchuuShinzon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Appreciated, and thank you very much.

--------------------

-------------------
Echuu Shinzon

EchuuShinzon

Member # 609

posted 03-10-2005 11:39 PM     Profile for EchuuShinzon   Author's Homepage   Email EchuuShinzon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't extensively checked previous threads, but for the most part, ones I have checked seem to indicate that when you move to another thread, it is still within the same forum. Is it permitted to ditch to a new forum? Or does that count as a different RolePlay, meaning your character is new.

(IE: Traveling from Jedi Praxeum to Empire and New Republic)

--------------------

-------------------
Echuu Shinzon

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-11-2005 02:15 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can move from forum to forum as well. The forums indicate specific areas within the Star Wars galaxy, as the title of the forum states: Sith/Jedi forum are where everything Sith and Jedi occur: ie, Sith space (see "Diamond of the Sith," "Phrinnchatka," "Choyapenthe" in descriptions) and things that USED to be happening on Yavin IV. But since the Praxeum there is kaput, well... things primarily Sith occur in that forum now, and simce as far as the galaxy is concerned the true Sith are a big ol' mystery, it is not logical to have other players just pop up in there. Those who are there have gotten there by role play over several years, in the case of some....

The "Empire" forums deal with things occuring near Coruscant, for the most part.

The "CSWU" forums cover about everyplace else. Most people pop from thread to thread in that forum, which is why you got the misconception that you have.

Make sure whenever you move anywhere, that you put a departing OOC in your last post in the thread you're leaving, and an entry OOC in the first post you make in the thread you're joining. This helps the readers when they need to backtrack a character's doings over time (where he's been, who he has dealt with, etc.)

[ 03-11-2005 02:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 03-20-2005 12:03 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, after looking around, I'm still trying to figure this out; Does the Force Cage affect me using sith magick? Oh, and sorry about the bad wording in my post. I'll rewrite that in a better way.
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-22-2005 07:48 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, this is not going to be immediatly used, but would Darth Maul ever have gone to one of the sith planets? And he was an irthornain zabrak right? Also who can learn the sith magics?

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 05-02-2005 10:57 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can answer that one smarty: OF COURSE NOT!

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 207.224.66.78
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-03-2005 12:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually...

Hmmm.

Lessee... while not impossible, it would be highly unlikely that Darth Maul had ever visited any of the Sith worlds. To the majority of the galaxy, these worlds were nothing more than myth... if people realized there was a mythos about them to begin with. For nearly 4,000 years the term "Sith" was associated with the Dark Jedi, who as we know worked in pairs (one master, one apprentice) to finally culminate in running (for a time) the galaxy in general (Palpatine and Vader).

But I cannot say that Darth Maul would not have visited the worlds. He might not truly realize the importance of the worlds, perhaps just knowing of them through hearsay passed down (one darth to another) over the centuries. Darth Wicked, after all, who was a "founding father" of the role play here, DID live in the Temple on Khar Delba (at the time this was empty, since the race of Sith had not yet returned to existence).

Anyway, Maul couldn't access anything Sith-ish anyway. His talents lay in the Dark Side of the Force. Sith magicks were something INHERENT to the race of Sith (inborn), and not something readily learned.

The cult assassins could learn a bit of their magicks, but still had to rely heavily on actual weaponry (see "Rykounagin" in character descriptions).

Only the Sith (race) can use their magicks with ease, enough to imbue inanimate objects with it and create their wonderful devices.

(See "Chosen One," "Eye of R'lous," "Claw of S'slan," and so on in items/weapons/ships descriptions.)

And yes, Maul was a whatever you said, he just had his horns sharpened and his body tattooed.

[ 05-03-2005 12:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 05-03-2005 08:35 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't want to learn sith magic, (too complicated, probably miss use it) but I was wondering if it was possible that he would know of them. Mostly just curious about the sith magic though.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 207.189.214.70
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-03-2005 09:22 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In all probability, he would not.

But whether he did or not is moot. Our timeline is WAAAAAYYYYYYY past the time of Darth Maul.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 67.41.106.40
Hawke

Broken Back Button

Member # 650

posted 06-05-2005 09:38 AM     Profile for Hawke   Author's Homepage   Email Hawke     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been scanning through the rules and the what not for role playing, but I still grasp this idea of jumping in. How exactly can I get started here?

--------------------

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." ~ Douglas Adams

Posts: 11 | From: Someplace boring | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 24.14.137.183
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 06-05-2005 12:09 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Make a character that "works" for you, find the thread you'd like them to be in or that they can exist in and hop on in. They don't have to immediately be with the other characters, but who knows, perhaps they might bump into each other.

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 168.103.69.105

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05