my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Asumptions you make.....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Asumptions you make.....
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-19-2004 09:11 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A note has recently appeared from Graysith, in the belief that I Rykounagin, or Ragorian, have posted as each others characters (I posting as Ragorian or he Posting as Rykounagin). This has not occured. If the fact that he has posted "out of the blue" and I have posted in return speaks to you as odd, feel free to ask him yourself (MockeroftheShoes) Or myself (Rykounagin) on AIM. I look forwards tot he reopening of the thread. Thankyou.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 63.231.89.224
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-19-2004 09:26 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(as a note, in the event of a "NEEDS TO HAVE PUBLIC POSTING", Sa'kal has a note in his character profile. But I hope it wont ever come to that again)

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-19-2004 11:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am making no assumption.

In the "Flame" thread, the last post was by Keruda the Hutt, posting for Ragorian. This is clearly shown by the post in question.

Whoever the heck this is, when you post as Ragorian, stay in the thread the character is in. Is this character in the "Lost" thread, or in the "Flame" thread? (If indeed it is the real author of Ragorian who wrote the last post.) Where is this character? He must remain in ONE thread; if he is contacting another character in another thread (which has precedent) then put the post in italics to indicate such. Also, I am noting that people are showing tendencies to reply for other characters in their posts (reply how the character will move in response to what is posted, for example, which is a no-no, and quite different from a character BEING MOVED as a direct action/assault by another).

I know there have been authors writing for other authors' characters. The only one who really has the right to do so is Jebbua, who contacted me right away to get this straightened out, and has the right to write as Dash. This was established some time ago as Dash cannot be here steadily, and Jebbua needed that character continued so as not to interfere with his own.

But you guys are both here on the Pod and actively writing (Ryk and Sa'ak): write for your own characters. It is obvious when you change between yourselves, as the writing styles change as well.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-20-2004 12:23 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. I actually didn't notice that this "hutt" posted. I just went straight to your post..... This is confusing me. I'll ask Rag if this is his character is his. As for the "thread spliting" I honestly can't say for him. I'm kinda asuming/guessing that his main body (the sword) is in the lost. I think the shard is what puts him in the Flame thing. I don't know, ask him.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-20-2004 12:42 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... this tells me that perhaps you are missing other writers' posts as well.

I recommend that you read all the posts in the threads you are active in, beginning with your last post, in order to keep up with all that is happening in the thread you are in.

Again, be sure to read all that is happening in a thread you post in, as otherwise you might miss something someone else has written which reflects upon your character.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 65.101.171.87
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-20-2004 01:40 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I usually do. But my server sends me to the most recent post on a page, so I just saw yours, and kinda jumped to the conclusion. Well anyway, I'll keep that in mind!

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 10-20-2004 02:28 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the "conflict" is resolved. Hopefully Ragorian will correct it soon, and we can be off!

--------------------

Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 10-20-2004 02:35 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gray, to address Ryk posting for me, I don't believe he has in quite some time, which was when I started posting. He did this to get me into the storyline, as I have trouble starting just about anything, whether it be essays, characters etc. Anyway, I did post on my charater description for a couple of weeks that Ryk could post for me due to my unstable life, which was actually just a ban on using the internet for anything but homework. But I'm off that ban, so I don't need him to unless he has something specific he needs me to do, at which point I really don't mind. I know him personally, so I'm not too worried about anything he has me do, and plus, in roleplay his character is my cult master. But if this is not okay with you, just let us know and it will be fine.

[ 11-05-2004 04:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sa'kal'ishaalas ]

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05