my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » My Absence

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: My Absence
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-27-2003 10:04 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings all, especially role players! I want to apologize for my absence from posting; I am getting ready to go to Toronto, Canada for TORCON. This is the World Science Fiction Conference -- THE BIG ONE, where they give out the Hugo awards for science fiction writing among other things.

I am in a masquerade contest there; we've been working like dogs getting ready and finishing the costumes. I have also been working getting my Graysith costume ready for the Masquerade Ball and roaming the halls after, where I plan on handing out business cards to advertise the Pod.

Anyway, that's why I've not been here much lately, and why I will be gone some more beginning Thursday. I come home Labor Day; my labs begin the next day!! so I should be getting back into a normal routine again and get some posting done and help move the storyline in Jedi Praxeum/Sith Temple, which seems a bit stalled at the moment.

Sorry for this inconvenience, but things will get back to normal once this is over. I'll be sure to get some pics here from the con!

[ 08-27-2003 10:05 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2003 12:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, as posted elsewhere, I have returned.

The convention was great (World Science Fiction Convention), the costumes awesome, and the city beautiful. In costuming, there are three divisions: novice, journeyman and master. Once you make so many wins in one (or one biggie) you get "bumped up" into the next category.

Well.

We entered as Journeymen... and basically swept the division. We got Best Presentation, Journeymen; Best Workmanship, Journeymen; the Chicago Costumer's Guild's Choice Award for their favorite costume overall, and the special George R. R. Martin Award for best costume inspired by one of his books. (He was the Guest of Honor at the convention, and one of the masquerade judges). The latter award has a nice big cash prize with it, which really went a long way to help paying back the cost of materials. We were in costume from 6 p.m. until 2 a.m. what with the actual contest and various and sundry photo shoots before and after.

I'll get pics of us up here as soon as we get them. I'll post a link to the Torcon site as soon as they get anything up there as well.

Anyway, I really enjoyed myself at this convention: seeing a bit of Toronto, going to Niagara Falls. Great little bistros to eat in. Really a fun place!

No SARS, and yes we had electricity....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 09-02-2003 11:06 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What? You were gone? Didn't notice...

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-02-2003 11:09 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Frowns and sics the Beast on Panthar....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 09-02-2003 11:12 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Smiles at the nice beast and checks back pockets for a milkbone

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.177.67.59
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 09-02-2003 11:23 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just watches in confusion

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 09-04-2003 05:46 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is happy to be coming back to the POD. It might take me a while to read up on the current RP events, so be patient.

@GRAYSITH: Glad you had a good time in TORONTO! Congatz on all the awards and prizes!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05