my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » ATTENTION RPERS: Middle Earth needs YOU!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: ATTENTION RPERS: Middle Earth needs YOU!
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 07-07-2003 08:28 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings to all players of the Holonet Boards! I, Arandil son of Arungvir, am inviting YOU to become part of the struggle to aid in the salvation...or destruction...of the lands of Middle Earth!

Set in an unrecorded part of history between the time of the Last Alliance and the Fellowship of the Ring, this RPG deals with the stories of those who had fought in that time in deciding the fate of the world. Great battles were fought and heroes were discovered in the war to keep the forces of Mordor at bay.

Join the ranks of the Human Kingdoms of Gondor or Rohan (or make a nation of your own) and be at the frontlines of battle! Or be an elf, and become one with nature as well as wield great magic and have the ability to kill six orcs with one arrow! You can be a steadfast Dwarf, and help in the defense of your homes along with digging the earth for precious minerals (And who knows what else you might fine)!

Of course, you can always be a Hobbit and trek off towards adventure...

Ah, but you can also join the forces of evil as well! Serve the Dark Lord Sauron as a vicious orc, a haunting Ringwraith, or a terrifying demon (and in this time, there ARE demons roaming Middle Earth!). OR you can create your own race of sinister creatures!

To join, simply post your character in the "Tales of Middle Earth" forum right below the "Complete Star Wars Universe" forum, and you'll be good to go (if approved)!

Farewell, and hope to see you there...

[ 07-08-2003 01:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Arandil ]

--------------------

An heir to the Kings of Men, it is a hard life to live by...

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.48.135.155
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-08-2003 01:01 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, almost forgot about this. Well my character Talasti won't be participate, nor will I make any other ones. If anyone would be so kind to walk him into NPC, I'd be thankful.

I don't want him killed off though.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 07-08-2003 01:05 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's already done. So far most of our group are NPCs seeing as how their owners are no longer playing...

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-08-2003 10:04 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, thanks whoever did that.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-09-2003 06:13 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might want to join the LOTR RP. Is there a story synopsis I can read before joining as to understand what's going on?

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-09-2003 11:49 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No story synopsis yet. Basically there is Eirianna, the Elven, Daughter of the Moon, whose father Gildur is the King of Elven in Wydde's Wood. Talasti (an elf, who now is NPC, figures) was taken by the evil sorceress Adra Slavonik, who used one of his arrows to kill the king of can't remember the place, hehehe... anyway, made it look like the elves did it. Eirianna has set out with a small entourage (most of who are NPCs now) to rescue him; in the process she unleashed her magick against the orc defenders of Adra (and the men under her rule), and too late realized that Talasti was a ruse to get her to attack, to thereby usher in a war between elves and man.

Arandil is seeking his brother (heir to throne of... Gondor??? I think....) and was assisting Eirianna. They are fleeing from the devastation they left, an orc general (who was assisting Adra and whos army was decimated) has left, she has flown off on her dragon but has met up with the Orc General. Meanwhile, Eirianna has suffered a blow to the head and is blind... temporarily, we hope.

That's about it. The threads go consecutively rather than concurrently, so you read one and then follow with another. We decided it would be easier this way.

Hope this helps... and I promise to get going in it again, really I will!

[ 07-09-2003 11:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 07-10-2003 06:31 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be getting back with it as well soon too, I know it is rather difficult to keep going if the dreaded nemesis (Adra and co.) are not in the game! I'll get back to her ASAP, promise!

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 07-10-2003 10:23 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Concerning the LOTR RP. Can I be an original character. As in not mentioned in LOTR but still fits in.

Well here comes Uthreides Shadowhand. Description of this guy will be posted soon.

1 question though. Does a Wringwraith still retain his free will when he becomes one? Or does he mindlessly server sauron?

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 164.78.252.56
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-10-2003 10:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought ringwraiths were pretty much mindless servants of Sauron and his minions. However, LOTR is not my forte; perhaps someone knows the answer to this.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 07-11-2003 12:18 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're right Gray. Ringwraiths are enslaved to Sauron's will, so they are pretty much mindless.

--------------------

Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 07-11-2003 10:22 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
Urthreides ShadowHand

Broken Back Button

Member # 487

posted 07-12-2003 06:11 PM     Profile for Urthreides ShadowHand   Author's Homepage   Email Urthreides ShadowHand     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Darn. I sooooo wanted to be a ringwraith....

[ 07-13-2003 12:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Urthreides ShadowHand ]

Posts: 4 | From: somewhere in middle earth | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05