my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » How to jump in....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: How to jump in....
Stella Relak

Broken Back Button

Member # 482

posted 06-30-2003 07:30 PM     Profile for Stella Relak   Author's Homepage   Email Stella Relak     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi I am new here and I have a small problem. My characters' description is posted but I doon't know which thread to jump into and how to do it. I am not exaxtly a good writer unlike others who's threads I read.

Any advice?

--------------------

I hate my job.... -Stella Relak

Posts: 7 | From: In Orbit.... | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-30-2003 07:43 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm... Flying into port where others are staying, or stumbling upon them on the street is a pretty simple move to do...

Or you could think up so mind shattering idea that makes everyone flock to you, either way :P

Its pretty much just meet people in a way that makes sense for your character... if your a cluts, stumble into someone... if your a scientist, be doing research and happen to cross paths... That kinda thing...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.141
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2003 07:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, and welcome.

I would suggest that now you know who your character is/are, you must now decide what your "goal" would be regarding that character. In what direction do you wish to take it?

Find an open thread and just "show up" in it. You could be sitting in a cantina in Mos Eisely, or in a spa on Sullust. You could be a stowaway on an Imperial ship. Let your imagination go, but begin in a thread in which there are others.

You could approach the "praxeum" (hehehe) on Tatooine, and run into the jedi. Just think of a personal history/goal, and go for it.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Stella Relak

Broken Back Button

Member # 482

posted 06-30-2003 07:48 PM     Profile for Stella Relak   Author's Homepage   Email Stella Relak     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats a good Idea. Thanks Graysith. Oh yea 1 more thing. People in the "Empire" and "Ancient Sith" can be killed right?

Since the Relak twins are bounty hunters.....

Do I need permission from "Empire" to kill just 1 imperial officer?

--------------------

I hate my job.... -Stella Relak

Posts: 7 | From: In Orbit.... | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 07-01-2003 03:48 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, they can be killed. But for the Sith, you should leave tthe Librarioan alone.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05