my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Role Playing..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Role Playing..
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-11-2003 11:40 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lately their has been very little activity around here. Could anybody lend a hand and tell me why?

I know, it's summer time, you want to go out to the pool, have a little fun. I can understand, that is something I'm going to have to do to. It's essential, but whoever said this role playing is fun.

I know a few who have lost motivation to come around and post, like Flacll, who've I talked to on that issue just as a fellow role playing who was interested and not at the supposed status of superior.

About a week before I left for Las Vegas the place was poppin with post after post. It was vairely active, with the chance of seeing about 6 people on at once around 8 o'clock pacific time. Now, the highest you'll see is 3...

Why is this?

I don't know, and that's why I'm asking. Not out of fear, but out of concern for the role playing and the pod.

We've seen a few lows, but I haven't seen lows in posting like this. The only people I've seen posting frequently is Dash.

Not even I, the quote unquote "active man" have posted much today and since I've been back from Las Vegas. I'll try to start new threads, but I alone can hype up the place..

I'm still advertising to some of my net buddies, which I got a nod from the moderators a long time ago, so I don't hope I'm going to be attacked for that one. Dash, maybe you should do the same, if you interested in the place beginning to get back to it's steady moving speed.

Like I said though, net buddies--don't go to forums putting down advertisments, because I once got in trouble for that.

I don't want to get in trouble for those, so I'll say sorry ahead of time, but I felt I was obligated as a loving member to say something about the slowness of the place in the last week or so.

See Ya and hope that I'll see alot of you soon on the boards.

Be active, now I'm out.

Peace

One Love

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2003 01:46 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortuanatly every person I recruit for the RP leaves after a couple of weeks. Or never actually posts. I've had like 6 people register and everything. One even went through the trouble of posting a character Bio. But where the hell did he go? Only God knows!

I still do try to recruit, but I'm running out of people!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 06-12-2003 04:24 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A few of us still have to work, summer or no.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.19.227.41
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-13-2003 04:08 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is hard. I have Work, Family, and school (sort of anyway. It's just one course I'm doing through the mail.) They are all time consuming. I'm lucky that we have the Net at work, or I might not even make it here some days.

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 06:05 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I'm sorry for seemingly not taking notice to the fact that you work, but I'm still not excluding the fact that the place needs to get back to the same pace it once was at.

Like Graysith said once to me, their are times that we go down and some that we have high. I think we need to create a balance between or maybe even a high. Downs are never good...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Capt. OBVIOUS

Member # 465

posted 06-13-2003 06:15 PM     Profile for Capt. OBVIOUS   Author's Homepage   Email Capt. OBVIOUS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree Lumbia. I have been trying to post as much as possible. Even outside of RP.

I wan't trying to snap at you. I was just pointing out my reasons for not poting as much as I should.

--------------------

The Doctor said my nose wouldn't bleed so much if I keep my finger out of there.

Posts: 50 | From: Anywhere something OBVIOUS needs to be pointed out! | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-13-2003 08:05 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There IS no "must" about this. The primary reason these boards exist is for people to have fun, not to feel obligated to write. Life in general always must come first; it's absolutely ridiculous to expect otherwise.

We have ups, and we have downs. But the good thing is that we are still here, after three years. That's not bad. So look at what we do have, and don't be negative.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-13-2003 09:23 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never feel obligated, I just want the boards to be more active. So I feel bad when I'm not helping out.

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-13-2003 09:30 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im gonna do my part to... *covers the boards in melted cheese* mmm...melted cheese... *drools*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.114
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 09:36 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I swear you've said that once before.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-13-2003 09:36 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Melted cheese fixes everything...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.114
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 09:40 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But it's not good without nachos

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 06-13-2003 11:09 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got the natchos! Dig in everyone! We'll eat our way out of this slow period at the POD!

--------------------

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05