my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » I'm going to delete...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: I'm going to delete...
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-29-2003 11:11 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
If it is okay with the admins my post dealing with the leaving of the restuarant.

That is if it's okay with the admins...I'm waiting for one of your replies.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-30-2003 11:09 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No, actually, this is not okay. Once a post has been made in role play it is to stay; see the rules.

You'll just have to go on from wherever Lumbiasith is now, and move him where you want him to be.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-30-2003 11:14 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
All right... I see you went ahead and deleted nevertheless. THAT is a direct infraction to role play rules. Posts are NOT to be deleted after being made, especially after you said you were waiting for a reply in this thread and then did not wait to see what that reply would be.

This is not the first time this has happened, and will not be tolerated. Please read the rules once again, Rule #8 in particular which clearly states the policy concerning disappearing posts.

[ 04-30-2003 12:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-30-2003 02:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oops..! My bad! All that ruckus about Rule #8, hehehe.

I meant read Rule #10, which deals with posts remaining once posted, in role play.

Sorry for any confusion!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-30-2003 05:41 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You told me to eradicate or change that post yourself...um? What are you talkin' about? I simply deleted it because I was going to change it later, but at the time I didn't have time so I went on and deleted it so their would be no confusion about how I got off the planet.

Also, I deleted the post before this thread came up, since you told me to alter or differ it. Look above to see exactly why I deleted it.

[ 04-30-2003 08:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-30-2003 09:38 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ALL RIGHT.

If you deleted that post BEFORE this thread came up, then WHY did you start this thread and say you were going to wait to get an admin's reply to it?

That is the complete opposite of what you are now claiming. Quit making excuses.

You make a post. IT STAYS. PERIOD.

You'll have to write off of how things go from now on. SEE RULE #10.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-30-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Um, you don't read do you?

The deleting happened before hand because of the reason I was going to change it and I hadn't had time to do so. The simple fact that I hadn't had time and the confusion of the post that had been created drove me to delete it.

In which I thought it was okay since you said it should be differed or altered because the blockade of the Empire wouldn't allow anything out or in. Don't act like you don't remember...hmph.

Anyways, the reason I made this thread was if I could delete the whole Squib issue down to the root of Lumbia leaving and just leaving them back on the restuarant. Too much had move from that point and this created a jumble or problems.

This would isolate me to the point where I would be nonexistant and be closest thing in role playing to dead. I'd most likely have to wait about a week before I got a response from anybody...

It's like this...

This isn't an exuse, it is fact. I deleted it because I was going to change it in the future. The fact that no one other than you had seen it was one reasons. It wouldn't cause no confusion if no one was there other than you to be confused.

Second thing is that I created this thread because it was for me to know if I could delete the other post at the restuarant after Paul's.

Yes, I apologize for deleting, but I know that I can edit my post and that is what I was going to do. I was just going to wait a bit and recreate it.

In some form it is editing, and that was my persipective. I wish you could just for once be less rude toward me.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-30-2003 10:32 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I hope it is okay now that I have recreated the post, so we don't have to agrue.

Can we please just agree to disagree this time. It isn't going anywhere...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-30-2003 11:34 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Watch your tone, please.

And the simple fact remains that once a post is made it stays. Rule #10 in role play HQ.

It is not fair to other writers to up and delete a post. They may have been planning an answer, may have already written it out.

You seem to like to write your own story WITHIN a thread, not really posting with others but only with yourself. This is not role play, neither is writing a post and then deleting it when editing will do.

If you wish to continue along these lines, we have the DaVinci's and Hemmingways forums for you to place personal writings. Otherwise wait for others to reply.

'Nuff said.

--------------------

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05