my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Need to be Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Need to be Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:38 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I think we should be a bit more active in this forum, especially since it talks about at least half of the reason why we're here. So, I'm beginning a topic about a few things going on in the role playing right now...I hope I'm not bashed by the admins or anything.

I wouldn't expect it if I was..

Anyways, to begin.

How do you feel about the idea of the Jedi Praxuem being reestablished and what do your think or know your characters would feel about the situation if they knew?

[ 04-26-2003 06:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-26-2003 12:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmmm... that's a purty "personal" question you're askin' thar, pardner! I have answers... but I'm not stating them here, as it would "preview" to some extent the reaction my characters would be having. This would take the spontaneity out of role play, I think.

Sorry, I'm staying mum on this one....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 12:44 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hehe, that's okay, but if you want to just say your feelings as a persn on how you think it is good for role playing or something, that'd be fine.

Well Im on the run again...

**Dashes off to read about Squibs**

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-26-2003 01:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ummmm....

Points to the above.

As I mentioned, I don't think answering this particular question would be good in the light of role playing. What the author thinks is often what the character will think; others would thus be "forewarned," so to speak (not that it's a major issue or anything, but just the same....) and would be able to "forecast" what they would write in reply.

This smacks more of "collaboration" rather than true and spontaneous role play. At least in my opinion it does.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 03:47 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Very well told, I'll just think of another query. Hehe

Where does your character stand, Empire, Republic or Other/Neutral?

[ 04-26-2003 03:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-26-2003 04:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You persist in thinking along the lines of the "Empire vs. Republic" as in the days of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. That is not the current scenario in our universe at all, which has been mentioned more than once in peoples' posts in role play.

The so-called "New Republic" was a shambles, corruption ran riot; the "Empire" (so to speak) in the persona of Admiral Actar and his Reborn stepped in to bring order to an otherwise chaotic situation. The true threat is not what everyone thinks of as being an "Imperial" one... this "Empire" seeks stability for the galaxy, and if corruption has to be rooted out with an iron fist, then so be it.

The rising threat may be the return of the Sith race to the galaxy... not to mention the fact that the Vong are sending a scouting group to reassess the situation for possible invasion purposes (see "Standing on the Edge of Forever" in CSWU).

So the above query is a moot one. There simply "wasn't" a Republic to fall, neither was there the "threat" of an "Empire" to ruthlessly crush planets under an unfeeling thumb.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 05:44 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That doens't tell me much of anything I didn't know. The fact of the matter is that in this universe their still is an existence of Republic Rebels, if you think otherwise, just see Major Carlos' description. It isn't an idea about versuses here, but is your characters ideal world.

If he feels that the Republic would be a better leader at this time, than that was what their author would pick. If they thought the Sith were a better ruler, than that is what they would pick.

This isn't about a war, it is about what a characters ideal world would be governed by. Whether it be Neutral, which would imply they really don't care wether it was a Republic or anything else. You didn't have to come in here with this idea that you got from my query, because you never came to me and ask what it truly was about.

I know that the Empire isn't the Empire of the past, maybe my characters don't feel that way, but I do. If you got the idea that I'm like most role players and have all the same feelings as my characters it's very unlikely I wil have that giant connection with my character. I have a few similatiries, but I don't let what I see ever affect the persipective of my character.

If I was in the Galaxy I'd never picture myself like Lumbia at all. The fact of the matter is that it was a query that dealt nothing with the Star Wars movie, but what your character felt.

What their ideal world would be administrated by as I said above. I really am confusion why you didn't just wait to im me before you made the desicion to just say I had this persipective on things...

I haven't persisted to do anything, you thought that was what I felt.

I'm sorry if your offended by what I have said, but this is all the truth. I haven't had the persipective on the Empire in the RP as the "Old Empire" since my first month here..

That was nearly a year ago....

[ 04-26-2003 06:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-26-2003 06:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
And your point is what exactly? The initial question DID say: "Empire, Republic or Other/Neutral."

This question has no bearing as the answer can be easily obtained by the people as they role play. It is quite obvious who Davidov would adhere to, as it is Sorben or Gray or Dash... simply by how they have been written.

No one would certainly want to state anything which the author may be hiding back in secret or something; again that would disrupt the role play.

I'm not certain where you are going with all these questions here. This forum is merely for people who have questions about on-going role play situations, ie: "What did so-and-so mean when he said such-and-such" is an example of what this forum is intended for.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 06:14 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Actually, it isn't always seen in how someone role plays, or what their motive is. Dash might say that he is with the Empire, but we don't know that.

Another reason for the question was that it was to bring activity into this forum. I think you would have seen that in my first post.

Also it is to create a more social community. I haven't seen one person out of role playing talk about role playing on this type of level. We're here and such role play and I have yet to hear someone ask how you feel about this OOC.

Actually, couldn't everything you think this forum is about could be done through PM's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ 04-26-2003 06:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-26-2003 06:16 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In 2-10 I'll be deleting this thread, if you have a situation with it please inform me through Private messaging.

Thank you...

[ 04-26-2003 06:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05