my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Mirror Image?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Mirror Image?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 12-22-2002 08:03 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you find yourself standing in a mirror when you role play? Yep, that'd be the question, do you have any linkage characteristic or event wise with ya character. I have many, but I'd rather see what you guys say first...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-09-2003 06:06 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes, indeed I do. Heh. Many aspects of my own personality come through loud and clear in the sisters Graysith and Galen; particularly Graysith.

Hey, my car's license doesn't read GRYSITH for nothing, you know.

Personally, I find it next to impossible for a writer to completely remove himself from the characters s/he is writing about. I think a bit of myself comes through in everyone I write for: Yaoksi's devil-may-care attitude, Galen's spunk, Graysiths flaring temper and steady love, M'wonBo'o's steadfastness to those he must care for, Sorben's tendency to switch horses in midstream, Aelvedaar's wisdom and teachings (Ok, so maybe I'm not wise yet, but I try to teach, heh) and so on.

Some writers DO manage to simply remain aloof from their characters (I am not referring to anyone here, but am referring to some books I have read). Alas; this comes screaming through in the stilted actions of those characters.

It is said that writers write best when they write about something they know about and have a keen interest in. What better than themselves, vicariously?

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 01-27-2003 12:20 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about the others, come on guys, I know it's something interesting about you and your characters that you can share?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 01-29-2003 10:46 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, with me its less of "standing in a mirror" and more of feeling my personality fit to the role...

"be like water" to state it simply, an expert roleplayer is like water, easily changing shape, bound by no rules of flexability...

I kind of just meld myself to my role...

Course the best one to play is Entaris, cause he's on bad mutha shut-yo-mouth it takes a lot of depressing music to play him...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.67
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 01-29-2003 10:49 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla is the most like me, though Terrin had quite a bit of me in him too...

*sniffles*

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.156.105
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 04-24-2003 10:28 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel for ya', even though it took me a long time to reply--I feel for ya.

Now lets jump back into some new replies from the new guys here..Shall we?

[ 04-25-2003 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 04-26-2003 01:47 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that DASH Exemplifies my personality completely. I role play him as I myself would go through life! I try to be honorable, even if I wasn't in my past. Don't get me wrong here... I've never been a criminal or anything. But I didn't always play be the rules.

I am very loyal to my friends and family, and I try to do the right thing, nomatter what the consequences!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05