my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Most Complex Rp Character?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Most Complex Rp Character?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 04:27 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So who do you thing emotionally, or mentally is complex. Not hard to understand, but just plainly complex. Always having two sides to things, what do you think is the most complex out of all the characters?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-18-2002 12:20 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would have to say, of all the characters, either Entaris(have to mention my character)
or any of the All users... the fact that they have to be able to act good or evil and accept the fact that they have to go against there natural alignment sometimes, just creates for some interesting things.

but of course theres entaris, who while not complex in appearance, takes me a long time to get into the rite mood to post a good post with... because anything he does, is not necesaraly evil in appearance, but its more out of insanity, before i make a decision with him, i have to ask myself tons of questions, to simulate his inner thoughts, which are just a massed jumble of mindless nonsence, but in the end he's simple, cause he just does stuff in the name of evil

but truely, i think the most complex character has got to be Graysith, but this could be because she is the most well, and longest to be, developed, she actauly has a past, and has issues from that past that she has to deal with constantly, I.E. the wicked and roan clashings, and problems with her sister for a while...

galan as well i would have to say is complex. for various reasons that im to lazy to actauly think of and post

[ 08-18-2002 12:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.192
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 03:11 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I clearly agree with you on this side of things about Graysith, since she has been devolped so much to the point that she could be considered a movie character, for she has a past. Shayla I think is very complex, as she did the same thing as me, just in a different order. She once was to become a Jedi, while my character once had to become a Dark Jedi. Then previously flipped into the form of a Jedi. I find that a complex thing to work with, as once you have used Evil, now your on the good side. And which makes it more complex for a character like Lumbia would have to be trying to fight yourself in every post-or calming yourself. At the moment he is cleansed, and he thinks he choose his path, but at any moment the Darkness that was once in him could come to be. I think that was alot what Anakin was dealing with in the last movie, and now he leans back and forth from Good and Evil, but unlike my character he isn't noticing it until he achieves the power that he wants.

Now to Shayla, I find her character not as complex, but she actually has a past just like Graysith. As I stated before she was once to start as a Jedi Knight, and has suddenly changed. It is something that I must say could me hard to describe, for I did it myself-but Im sure it was much differen't doing it because she joined with Graysith & my character actually didn't join with anyone. She's probably one of my favorite characters out of the whole bunch. Also what makes it complex for characters that have devolped like Graysith and Shayla, you have to always keep in mind of the past. And it makes them complex for their past as so countered toward their present at times, so they have to keep in mind. Along with that, they always have to second guess their actions for anger may be in them, or over aggression, meanwhile they also have to put some sort of light and bravery in it. That is a task that Im sure it hard to grasp, or it would be for me.

Okay, Peace out....

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-18-2002 03:49 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bows to acknowledge compliment, then runs to place imprint of hand and foot outside Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood....

[ 08-18-2002 03:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.48
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-22-2002 03:38 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wait a tick! i just noticed something about lumbia's post!

you said shayla did the same thing as you only in a different order...but, she went from jedi to sith... she's still good, you went from DJ to jedi, are you implying that sith are evil? *growl* *chuckle* jus playing...bordem gets us all eventauly...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.67
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-22-2002 04:02 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me? Evil? *pretends there is a halo over her head*

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-22-2002 09:21 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wait a tick... no, I have no point...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-22-2002 09:33 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, i never thought the day would come that i would say this...but.... *drags it from his lips* lumbia is another very complex character...not truly, but you are trying hard to develop your character to be a complex character, with his own problems, and inner demons, and thats at least an A for effort, youll soon be up there with shayla, and graysith

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.24
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-22-2002 10:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said, Entaris. And I agree as well.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-22-2002 10:43 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude, you mean Shayla is actually up there with Graysith? *looks surprised*

And really Lumbia, good work!

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.218
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-22-2002 10:45 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My pinky hurts... oh, was that aloud?
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-25-2002 02:29 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and as for REALLY complex, id have to vote loban up there...if for nothign else but the fact that that boy has some serious issues... and if i never see a post that say's loban has no cloths on, again, it will be to soon... *shudders*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.86

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05