my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » I'm new, can u tell me if this is ok?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: I'm new, can u tell me if this is ok?
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-05-2002 08:41 AM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm new to forum RPing and this forum, i got my character all sorted out but he's a new species (not a super character don't worry) so until i get my model of him finished (its a model cause i can't draw for the life of me) i'm gonna have to but a pretty lengthy description and i think it would be best if i shove it on my web page an link to it on my profile, would this be ok? oh yeah and if anyof you admin have alook at my web page once i've got it up can u tell me where i can jump in cause its all to damn confusing to be reading all the posts at 2 am

[ 05-05-2002 08:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Veren Mechanica ]

--------------------

Some dream of Success and others wake up and work hard to achieve it....but i cheat, lie and steal, and achieve it

Posts: 49 | From: Astley Village, England | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.112.1
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-05-2002 08:58 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Read the story synopsis, that will give you the best shot at knowing most of what is going on without reading every single thing. But make sure to have SOME sort of character description so we know exactly who and what your character is. If you want to link the description from elsewhere, just start a thread in the descriptions forum with the name of your character as the title and put something to effect of "For description of this character, follow this link: www.blahblahblah.com.

Yeah, I think that covers all your questions.

And oh yeah, as far as jumping in etc., just realize that everything is going on simultaneously in all forums. You COULD start your own character story in a thread on your own (provided you fit the story in with current situations in the general scope of things) and then jump in whenever your character's path will cross with one of ours.

[ 05-05-2002 09:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.34.72
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-05-2002 09:10 AM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
k thanks i better get started on that description thne *goes and gets tanked up on coffee*

--------------------

Some dream of Success and others wake up and work hard to achieve it....but i cheat, lie and steal, and achieve it

Posts: 49 | From: Astley Village, England | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.112.1
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-05-2002 09:21 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeeeeeeees gotta have the coffee!

Now I better get my butt in gear and finish my lesson plans so I can go to Wally World and buy props that are really for me, I'm just USING them as props...

Hehehe, the fun of working with children...

--------------------

~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.34.72
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-05-2002 12:50 PM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
O.o wally world? children? cheese? what are you on about? i'm english i don't under stand this!!!!! *screams and jumps out the window* i need sleep

--------------------

Posts: 49 | From: Astley Village, England | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 194.117.151.68
Mara1Jade

Member # 68

posted 05-05-2002 12:55 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wally World=Walmart.

And I'm a music therapy intern and I work with kids, so it's easy to use getting props for lessons as a justifiable excuse for getting kiddy stuff.

--------------------

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.94
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-05-2002 12:57 PM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aaaaah now i underst- *falls asleep snoring before he can finish*

--------------------

Posts: 49 | From: Astley Village, England | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 194.117.151.68
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-06-2002 06:11 PM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok BIIIIG confusion, i've read the syn...sinoposis....you get the idea but i STILL don't know where to join in, can you help

--------------------

Posts: 49 | From: Astley Village, England | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 62.30.0.2
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-06-2002 06:41 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, welcome to thePOD. Since you've read the Synopsis, you should know pretty well whats going on. I think the best way to begin is starting a new thread.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.146.237.48
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-07-2002 12:47 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, Veren, and welcome! You will have to forgive my belated response: I have been away from my computer for the majority of this weekend.

I have been to your site; your character sounds most intriguing. If you want to begin your own thread, then you leave yourself waiting for other posters to respond in one of two ways: either they can get their characters into your thread (wherever you would be) in some sort of logical manner... or they can start new characters to respond to you.

It depends upon whether or not you want to get involved in the ongoing story -- which is kinda spread out all over, heh -- or if you want to begin your own in which others may or may not join. Hehe... while all the other writers here know of your existence, our characters might not yet be aware of you... ummm, that is, won't be until you arrive in some way to catch the attention of others.

I suggest that you try to keep reading the latest post in the current threads to know what's happening. My character is currently heading off to a special little spot on the planet she has been taken to by the Sith Sorcerer Aelvedaar (accompanied by her Adept and her tuk'ata.) So we're kinda out in the open there. Most of our other characters are in space heading places: a BUNCH are heading away from Kessel, but I think the last time I "looked' we were in hyperspace already. You could sort of pop into the thread by "shadowing" us... we do have a couple Jedi aboard our ships (we're in a sort of "convoy" going together) which I'm sure you'd be able to sense since your character hates them so, hehe. That might be a good way to join in: it's the "Space Is Around Us Cold" thread in SW Universe. Oh yes, my bad: my primary character -- Graysith --and her entourage are in the "Morniie Alantiie" thread in SW Universe.

Then there is a battle currently underway... whoops, I think it's over, heh... between a Sith and a Jedi on Yavin IV, a thread begun by another newcomer to Escapepod. That might be another place you may wish to join in. The possibilities of where things go once you get into play are endless, heh.

You could combine: begin an "introductory" thread, and then continue by leaping over into another ongoing one. But any way you choose, I suggest you just leap in -- and am looking forward to when you do!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.202
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-07-2002 11:35 AM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In case anyone wanted to know, i've made a new thread in SW universe called "a shockwave in the force". i hope some of you will post in it, i'm looking forward to finding a worthy foe.....

[ 05-07-2002 11:38 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Veren Mechanica ]

--------------------

Lord_Andromeda

Member # 184

posted 05-12-2002 10:01 AM     Profile for Lord_Andromeda   Author's Homepage   Email Lord_Andromeda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well the Lee... err Veren, you've just met your match. Im sure Lord Andromeda would love to face you.
Posts: 68 | From: Matleth | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 213.48.235.75

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05