my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » If I go MIA...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: If I go MIA...
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 05-03-2002 07:06 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I am scarce in these parts for the next week or so, I have several very good reasons, namely two major school projects, four abstracts, and two AP exams to study for. I'll post whenever I can, but if I can't be found on the boards, I am more than likely studying...*groans at her sad lot as an overworked high school junior*

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.134.233.99
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 05-03-2002 10:18 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I got a question about AP. I might take AP US History next year, but I was wondering what kind of class it is. I always forget to ask my counselor about it at school. Is it like a regular excel class, only you have an exam at the end of the year, or is it like, more work to do alone and out of class?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.174.60.160
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 05-03-2002 10:29 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*holds up thumb with pointer finger atop it, making small circles with the pointer just above the thumb*

This is the world's smallest record player playing "My Heart Bleeds for You"

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 146.201.36.85
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 05-10-2002 07:03 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It might be different in your school, but in my school, AP US History is a lot like any other honors class except for the special things you do to prepare for the AP exam. I think the hardest thing about AP US History is all the essays you have to write and the DBQs (document based questions). I'm pretty good at history, so I didn't find it terribly hard, and there wasn't an unreasonable amount of homework.

In my school you're not forced to take the AP exam at the end of the year (less than half of our class did) but your school might be different.

BTW, I took the AP US History exam this morning...either it kicked my butt or I did OK I'm just glad it's over with.

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.158.87.156
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-16-2002 10:02 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah - my school was one of those - you have a TON of extra work in the AP classes schools and the AP exams were mandatory if you took the class so I would check out your particular program cause it could go from either extreme to the other depending on your districts philosophy on the whole deal.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05