my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Thread Splitting?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Thread Splitting?
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 11-30-2001 06:43 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A little bit of logistics in the RP Arena:

Role players, I'm sure it has come to your attention that the Great Temple at Khar Delba is becoming incredibly massive and growing exponentially to boot I just want to throw this idea out and see what y'all think. Should we:

1. Start a new thread?

2. (this is the part we need to discuss) Split the thread so that we have the action with Gray/Roan/Shayla/Erik/Cella in one thread and the action with Terrin/Galen/Jeroc in another? I know they are all on Khar Delba, but they're in different locales, and it might make the RPing flow more smoothly if we do this.

3. Do both? Or do neither?

Whatever you all want is fine with me...it's just becoming awkward to have a 9-page thread and I wanted to do something about it.

Peace out,
Rogue

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.151.131.143
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-30-2001 07:12 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, this thread IS becoming rather large. Either way you guys want to go, whether splitting off into one or two, is fine with me. But by breaking the character-groups into different threads I think it will help in keeping the size of the threads down a bit.

At any rate, I'm game for a "Great Temple at Khar Delba II" thread; here's my offical vote of assent.

...tosses ball into the next court....

[ 11-30-2001 07:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.34
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-30-2001 07:18 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, to make it easier I went ahead and closed up the "Khar Delba" thread. Whoever replies next just start a new topic. PUH-LEEEEZE don't take me literally with the "Great Temple at Khar Delba II" thing; SOMEBODY be more creative than that!

Anyhoo, when the new thread begins, I'll briefly open the old one to make a "follow us to..." post; then, alas and alack, it shall be closed for the duration.

WASN'T IT GOOD, THOUGH!!! (And really, still "is.")

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.34
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 11-30-2001 07:32 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll throw in my two cents even though I don't participate in the RP

I would think it'd be easier for someone new to navigate if you didn't have everyone in the same thread, yet on different parts of the planet, having their own conversations and actions....just a thought...

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.160.98.130
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 11-30-2001 09:34 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I like the idea of splitting the two sections up.

Maybe now I can remember what the heck I was doing with Terrin, and maybe the poor guy can finally get an answer

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-30-2001 09:38 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*snickers* I think I'll name the new Terrin/Galen/Jeroc etc thread "The Khar Delban Outback."

JUST KIDDING!!!

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-30-2001 11:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, the "Nar Khelban Nemesis" (has a nice ring to it, meesa tinks!) is the thread for Terrin, Galen, Jeroc, and all the other guys involved in that piece of our tale.

Someone else can start the thread from the Khar Delban side of things. Shayla's really not in a position to do much at the moment...

And Erik...well, poor guy don't know where he is in the first place...

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 11-30-2001 11:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snickers into hand....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.156
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 11-30-2001 11:44 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh-oh...

*SHUDDERS*

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.148
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 12-02-2001 02:08 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gray, you may need to start the "Great Temple II" thread, because Cella's kind of lying there unconscious, and she's not in a position to do much either...

--------------------

"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.128.211.7
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-02-2001 06:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's what I figured, too. I just have to be inspired. Probably later tonight.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.195.53
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 12-02-2001 09:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Adept waiting patiently and VERY HUMBLY*

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.74

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05