my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Role Play Guideline

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Role Play Guideline
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-23-2000 01:44 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, folks, this is not meant to be a hardfast rule. BUT... out of respect to one and all, I think this "guideline" ought to be adhered to by anyone roleplaying.

Here it is:

Takes a deep breath....

The forums within this Board are all realtime. All are occurring during the same timeframe in the same Star Wars Universe. Out of fairness to all then, any role player may at any time join into another's thread. That is what role-playing is all about: reacting to what has been and subsequently will be posted. It becomes a challenge when what one is writing is "thrown for a loop" by perhaps an unexpected event! And so on...

However!-- anyone so doing, PLEASE completely read the entire thread that one is considering entering. Ask questions, email the players. This is meant to ensure that one does not leap into play in an illogical manner, and is meant to protect the newcomer as well as the developing story. (For example, by knowing what is going on, a "dead" character or event will thus not be unwittingly brought into life, and so on.)

That is all. Feel free to shoot the Administrator now....

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on December 23, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.205.8

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05