my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Anyone? Incoming From DW???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Anyone? Incoming From DW???
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-11-2000 10:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey-yy-yyy--

I know DW has had shit-for-luck (pardon) in regard to his computer.

BUT:-

He was here, and now he is gone again. *sigh* Has anyone heard anything from him? Is he still in existence?

Just curious; mother-henning over an absent member of the Pod....

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.208
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-11-2000 10:57 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think he died...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 38.31.224.229
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 10-14-2000 09:04 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the boast of confidence there Ani... And no I'm not dead if you hadn't noticed. And thank you Graysith for noticing my shit-for-luck so to speak.

Had a wonderful bout with my brother, left my home and moved in with my brother. Left there and went with my dad, and then left there and finally went home. For reasons that don't matter at all really, because you haven't had to live this god forsaken life. Oh well. I lost my DSL modem connection, my motherboard is fried, and I'm broke.

*coughs, taking a Johnny the homicidal maniac tone* Welcome to my Hell.

Now, as for what I am going to do in further times... I will not have an internet connection on my P.O.S. computer until sometime after Monday. Maybe Tuesday, maybe two weeks, god only knows... that righteous pecker. Anyways. A few comments have made their way to me regarding my role playing. I'm glad, and I sure hope that those certain few (You know who you are) are also glad, for I would have raised hell. This in turn is why I started my other boards. I probably wont RP on this board anymore. I will still moderate, as they are my boards, but I will drop out of the Role Playing itself. And just make conversation as myself. I have a shit life going on at the moment, and so this wasn't the best thing to hear about what you thought of me. So I bid you aduea for who knows how long.

------------------
Darth Wicked

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 205.188.199.143
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-15-2000 11:57 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*SIGHHHHHHS...*

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.121
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 10-15-2000 06:01 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry DW...I know what comp trouble feels like lately...I've had to get most of my shit replaced in the last couple of weeks and now my modem will never connect cause I can't find the driver for it...

But your problems are way worse than mine at the moment and I'm sorry man...

C'mon RP wit us still

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.157
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 10-17-2000 09:38 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Computers just aren't worth it.....

Today, when I got home from school I turned my computer on, and I got an error saying my sustem registry was ****ed, and it said restart and it'll fix it, not realizing what I was doing (too busy enjoying my dr pepper ) it uninstalled the drivers for EVERYTHING, it was like getting a new motherboard. I had to install drivers for everything again. It was hell getting the modem to work. I almost lost my ICQ list, and AIM Buddylist. It rearanged my bookmark (I have no idea why that happened), then when I finaly did get online, I couldn't do anything, it wouldn't connect to AIM, It wouldn't re-register my ICQ number, and It took a year just to get here. But now everything is pretty much ok, except when I go to one of my favorite sites the damned thing restarts itself! This is why I swear to never work with computers when I'm old...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Anakin on October 17, 2000]

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 38.33.70.107

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05