my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Impending Doom to my Computer...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Impending Doom to my Computer...
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-29-2000 08:15 AM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've had a horrible week. My computer is finally alive and kicking again, but with two fragged and fried PCI Slots, and one that has IRQ Time Outs coming out the ass. The only PCI card that is working properly in this infernal machine is my DSL Modem...

And now a short story from the vault of really really really bad days...
09-26-2000
-Computers glitching, ctrl+alt+del freezes it, opening IE freezes it, Windows Media Player freezes it... and pretty much everything that could go wrong to a computer, has now. And so I turn to Formatting the Hard Drive... god this process is horrible. And as I said before, everything that could go wrong, has, and will... Lightning literally struck ten feet from the powerlines to my house, sending a jolt of electricity through my computer at the exact moment I typed "YES" to format the HD. And so, my entire hard drive was ruined. I thought... big deal, but sacraficable.... as long as only the HD was damaged. Continued with Format, Sound card froze the puter, thought it was the card so I returned it.

09-27-2000
-Life sucks, I install the new sound card which cost me an extra $74.96(fucking Best Buy) does the same thing, freezing my computer. I end up having to format three more times! HAZAAH! <~~~~~Sarcasm -_-
So finally I break down... and I call Arizona(me being in CO) to the person whom built the computer for me. Oh! Look! The lightning damaged my motherboard leaving me one clean PCI SLOT! OH HAPPY DAY! <~~~~Sarcasm -_-
And so I accepted the impending doom to which my computer has fallen. Until I have lots and lots of money to get a kick ass computer once more... you wont see me on ALL that much. And that is why you haven't gotten a single RP post from me. But I'm now back online after my week from hell. So, Salute, and below is something I need from all of you.

Could you please post a reply to this with your AOL/AIM Screen Name(s), or give me one and I'll bug you for the other(s) later(Ani!). Thanks guys.

Graysith: Have yours
Rogue Angel: Have yours
Ani: Need yours
R2: Need yours
Bob: Need yours
Gravin/Sorben: Need yours if you've got one
Gouyen: Need yours if you've got one

I would like to get back in contact with all of you. A lot of things have been happening and I just wouldn't mind bugging you all if you would so accept me. Thanks again.

------------------
Darth Wicked

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Darth Wicked on September 29, 2000]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.126.161
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 09-29-2000 02:41 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OHMIGAWD! Wicked! That's awful! Sounds like the only way to make your computer go fast now is to throw it out a tenth floor window (j/k).

The electronics tech in me has a question -- was the computer plugged into a surge protector? If so, and if you did the little song-and-dance registration the manufacturers require, you may be covered for a new computer. From your description, it sounds like the surge would have fried anything with a rating less than six figures.

As for AIM screen names, mine is robidougge. I also have a link at the bottom of my posts for an instant message.

Best of luck with your *&$%#@ computer.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.128.53
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-29-2000 03:19 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lmao, sorry, I know it musta sucked but I can't help it...My computer sucks too so you're not the only one, mine just doesn't suck as bad as yours did
Mine: TheSlickJedi
R2: Droid110

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.34.224
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-29-2000 04:53 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fine Ani don't tell him mine even though you know it

Mine is: Blakedogg69 or MrJigga2002(Blakedogg is a new one and sometimes I forget that I have it and get on Jigga...if I do sue me )

Good luck with your comp...mine sucks too...and I think I'm gonna have to buy a new one soon cause it crashes so much...so I know how it is

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.109
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-29-2000 08:35 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't say yours cause I didn't know which you wanted given out

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.166
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-29-2000 11:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh SHEESH! My good friend! And here I thought my life was hell!

My heart goes out to you (in the "For What It's Worth" department; wish I had something better to offer.) I agree with Gouyen, though; you may be able to finagle a computer if you had a surge fired up when the Big Gazoo hit and reduced your circuits to a pre-tabula rasa state! Check it out, friend.

But hey! We all know (at least SOME of us do, me having a mere lil 64MB, 10gig, 40X CD-ROM baby puter) how wonderful it is to have a kick-ass (pardon) machine; BUT if you can but get yours to link you to the world and let you type, you can still be linked with us and out RPing and such. And in my book, that is more important; I mean, not the posting, of course, but staying in contact with friends no matter what you're using.

So glad you've come back to life, though! I've missed you, and I'm sure others have as well!

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.21
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-30-2000 01:14 AM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah, such good advice, but why do things never work out the way you want? Why is that?! *mummbles about bad bad things always falling right afront of him.... wonders if he happened to destroy a Mirror factory in a past life..... o_O*

The computer wasn't under warranty.... a friend in Arizona(mentioned earlier) built it. And so, it was godly and then all this happened. So yes, no need to say it, I am thoroughly up shits creek without a paddle. *sighs..... and just drifts into the darkness*

------------------
Darth Wicked

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.126.161

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05