my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Regarding Role Playing...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Regarding Role Playing...
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-16-2000 08:24 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I have something serious to bring forward.

When I first started my Role Playing boards, they were rather bland as I had just downloaded the Freeware version. And then after a long period of time, a lot of character development, and a few new faces, Ani had come to me and offered sanctuary without the pop ups, and with a smooth look. And from that comes the Role Playing forums you know today. I noted Bob's all around Role Playing, and it got me thinking...

With darthwicked.com making a quick uprising, soon to be fully online and better than ever, I have my own boards. Now onto my point...

I wanted to know what I should do... and Ani, I want your input also...

1) Return the boards to my site, but leave them here also.

2) Completely leave them here.

3) Return them to my boards, and have Ani turn them off here.

4) Return them to my boards, and have Ani change the ones here.

5) Create new, more elaborate ones on my board and leave the current ones here.

All input is obviously welcome otherwise I wouldn't be asking. I especially want your point of view Ani, since you helped me hack the living hell out of my board. Ta ta for now!

------------------
Darth Wicked

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.126.60
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-16-2000 08:42 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think it takes much thinking to guess what I'm going to say, but since you've asked I'll say it. I think you should leave them here. I see it from your point of view and I see it from mine and that's all I have to say about it at this time...

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.34.181
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-16-2000 08:45 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What was it? Completely leave them here and have absolutely no Role Playing on my boards? Is that your answer?

------------------
Darth Wicked

Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-16-2000 08:50 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I choose option number two. I would express my whole opinion on the matter to you but I don't want to ruin our friendship. But you have my....thing.

------------------
Anakin
Forum Administrator

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.34.181
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-16-2000 09:12 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know this will change everyones opinion, but I want to make this clear. I owe Ani a lot. A whole lot. And I would never dream of purposely hurting him. I couldn't fathom it. I never had any intention of taking the boards from Ani. That would ruin everything we've built. I merely want to start anew on my own.

I have the opinions of a few who didn't want to post them. Things have happened, things have been said. Starting fresh is what I think is best. But still keeping everything as is here. As I stated, I still want everyones opinion. Please. Thanks.

------------------
Darth Wicked

BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-16-2000 09:13 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm gonna say number 2 also just and leave it at that cause I don't wanna damage the friendship we have right now...

All I really can say is that I don't think it would be fair to take them away from thePOD right now and then have the same thing at your boards. It wouldn't make sense...thats all I'm gonna say though.

The decision is yours man...

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.71
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-17-2000 04:10 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I firmly believe that Wicked should leave the current boards where they are at the Holonet, just to avoid the general disruptions uprooting might bring about.

However I also firmly feel he has every right to begin anew on his new site. These boards here at the Pod were his to begin with. Yes, Ani was gracious enough to offer him a place here, since his old site was a little frustrating, to say the least. (Pop-ups and all, hehe) BUT: they were and may I stress ARE still his boards. STILL HIS IDEA.

I believe 100% that Wicked is being extremely gracious in allowing his boards to remain here; in fact, he is basically giving them to the Holonet gratis. This includes the characters inherent to the threads therein.

I know there are certain fears involved here. I believe they have no foundation. The current RP boards stay at the Pod; Wicked has the free choice to create new ones if he so desires. It is illogical to think one may monopolize this genre (SW RP)~ it's an awfully big internet out there, as well as a free country.

And at this point, may I quietly point out that the people who are here remain here by their own choice? Just because another RP board opens up doesn't mean everyone will go stampeding off. Likewise, everyone could up and leave of their own device, RP or no RP. Boards here, boards there... that is not what is the determining factor. People's free will is. I think people will stick with their threads. Perhaps some will go off for new ones. Perhaps some will share, and go to both! Everyone should trust in themselves a little bit more.

It's late. I'm tired. This is my humble opinion, in the "For What It's Worth" department. But I stick to it. Both feet planted, eyes wide open.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.205.79
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 09-18-2000 02:04 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
File this under: For What It's Worth.

I say the current RP boards should stay here, since they seem to have put down roots and all, and Wicked can do whatever he likes on his site -- although I suggest putting a different spin on the RP there so the same people can RP both sites without feeling like they're duplicating their effort.

Some suggestions as for themes for Wicked's new board: the Clone Wars period; the period after the battle of Endor (film canon only -- ignore the books); the time of the "first" official Sith, 1000-2000 years before TPM; the timespan covered in the TOTJ comics, particularly the Sith War; the time between Ep 3 and ANH -- you get the idea.....

It's a big internet with lots of room for everybody.....

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.167
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-18-2000 03:11 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DW, I need to talk to you...soon.

------------------
Anakin
Forum Administrator

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.175.231
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-18-2000 05:07 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bob beats Graysith over the head with yoda stick.

"Who told you you could express your opinion!"

J/k

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-19-2000 03:14 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*Draws self up, eyes glaring, Glyph flaring*

I SAID I COULD EXPRESS MY OPINION. Besides, it was asked for, as well as that of others!

Soo-oo-ooo... "nyah!" (*grins*)

Hoo-boy, late again, I see!

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on September 19, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.34
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-20-2000 06:14 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wicked, I'm with Graysith. I think you should leave the boards here and make some new ones for your site. I don't want to sound like an ingrate, but I like them where they are. Being a relative newbie, I wasn't aware of the situation between you and Anakin concerning these boards. I acknowledge your right to the role playing boards, but...leave them here? Pretty please? I would also be willing to help moderate or think up ideas or whatever if you want to start afresh on your site.

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.139.129.142

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05