my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » To: Angel, the old Man, and Wicked

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: To: Angel, the old Man, and Wicked
LoganMurroe

Member # 42

posted 09-10-2000 03:51 PM     Profile for LoganMurroe   Author's Homepage   Email LoganMurroe     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I won't Beat around the bush, Wicked you basicly Killed this story. It was to be a story of growth, self-discovery, and even some adventure......... but you had to be all powerful and take control to satisfy your own ego. I hope you enjoy it now, I don't won't some reply from you acting like you're the victim. You did it face up to it.
Where's the story supposed to go when a main character is taken away by an unstoppable force that doesn't even fit into the time line. The Imperial aspect, Nohgri, and unstoppable character are all wrong for the time and story. Maybe if you'd take your head out of your butt and stop act'n like KJA for a second, you'd see that. Angel I need you to back me on this and anyone else who wants to write a good story with others without one person trying to control it all.
And if you still don't get it I'm talking to you, Wicked.......

------------------
"Where are my keys?"

Posts: 21 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.209.193.61
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-10-2000 04:45 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all, go **** yourself Logan. That post was made way before you guys even posted anything towards the ****ing ground troops. That was posted in the Empire and New Republic. I merely brought it over so you wouldn't go fighting something that wasn't there. The ground troops where also done by me, if you've been to ignorant too notice that I play Thrawn.

But there is one large thing you and Rogue Angel just can't grasp. Role Playing is not about creating a huge story and then playing it out. That would be reading a book. Role Playing involves anyone and anything, letting every twist and turn be a suprise so the story never ends. But you have this idea that everything must be collaberated and then followed to a "T" otherwise it's wrong and bad. If you are doing something along those lines, than in the VERY FIRST ****ING POST make it CRYSTAL CLEAR that no one is to join, post, or make any attempt at furthering the story. Oh, and to add this... if you post at the top "Everyone but so-and-so can reply" than I will personally delete that. You must make it clear ONLY who CAN Post. Not who can't. Make a nice little list at the beginning of your post "Only Logan and Angel may post" and nobody will touch it, and if they do I'll delete there post. If you don't understand this, go ahead and contact me personally.

If there are further problems with the way I post and the way I run my role playing forums, take it up with Ani and it can be remedied very quickly.

------------------
Darth Wicked

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Darth Wicked on September 10, 2000]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.124.72
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-11-2000 05:34 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Logan, since both of us are so stupid that we can't understand role playing, maybe we should just leave this to the experts, shouldn't we? All bitterness aside, Wicked, you can't expect me and Logan to come in here and understand every nuance and detail of RP instantly. We're still learning fer cryin' out loud!

I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath and use their Jedi calming techniques...better. We are not going to solve any problems by yelling and cursing at each other, and we are definitely not going to make the story better. So let's just all take it easy, ok?

I think Wicked is right that if we didn't want anyone else to participate in the story, we should have said so from the start. At least next time we'll know what to do. And we do have to be careful with characters and actions that don't fit in the time line! Lack of continuity really sucks. Anyway, that's my 5 cents. It's my OPINION. We're all entitled to have one. I don't care if I get yelled at.

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.161.252.170
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-11-2000 06:17 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHA
*Ani beats Rogue Angel over her head with his yoda stick
Don't express your opinion!!!!!

Anyways, what character that doesn't fit in the timeline are we talking about here?

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.165.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-11-2000 06:37 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahh-hh-hhh... perhaps since the majority of the characters all of us have going here basically do NOT exist at all in the SW timeline, at least not in the strictest sense of the word, I think instead what ought to be given special attention is "realism," as far as the SW Universe is concerned. But where Lucas remains vague, I believe a little artistic license is in order.

And that's my two cent's worth....

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on September 11, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.39
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 09-11-2000 07:38 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So......since we created these characters, we shouldn't use them?

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-
-People bring out the worst in me-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.165.86
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-11-2000 07:49 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ani, was that last post a question directed toward me? If so:

YES we should use our characters! But in the context of SW, right? And where nothing specific is mentioned in that realm, then creativity is in order. Heck, it's a big Universe; Lucas couldn't be everywhere!

*chuckles*

BUT, if we use characters specifically named in the world of SW, then of course we should adhere to them as already portrayed in a manner as realistic as possible.

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.159.187
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-12-2000 06:02 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rogue, nowhere in my post did I say that neither you or Logan were stupid. I merely added you into that, for you brought this up to me before. And Graysith had said nearly exactly what I replied with. And so, I figured yet another post more forward and you would notice it. And, my point was taken.

I would never wish for You, Rogue Angel, to leave the boards. You are an intelligent, kind, and respective role player. You don't make waves, you mediate. And so no, do not leave please.

But please, tell me EXACTLY who doesn't fit into the timeline? Who and what? For I see NOTHING that doesn't fit, and I created that Timeline. So far the Empire is trying to win back it's power which is in the timeline, New Republic is in power, we are merely missing the key characters to all this. Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa Solo, Jacen, Jaina & Anakin Solo. Han Solo. Cheif of State Fey'lya. Those are the only main characters missing, and of course Mara Jade. But everything that has gone on has fit fine into the Timeline.

So are there any other problems?

------------------
Darth Wicked

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.124.203
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-12-2000 07:02 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wicked I know what they are talking about...its the Nohgri. Something I don't wholey agree that your character should have. The Nohgri I don't think would go to your character especially if they had to fight against the Jedi or the NR. They have dennounced the Empire and anything that represents it. But its not my choice to what kind of characters you have. So I'm fine with it I guess.

And Logan you are my friend but you blew up and we do not need that on the boards. We do not need the bikering that you created. This should have been handled over Email or IM. Next time you know. And don't start stuff like this if you don't know about RPing very much. If you think something is wrong. Ask if that is the way it is done...

Um...this is my 1379871435978 cents...if anyone cares

------------------
[monger=ff0000,ffff00]I'm from the Lou and I'm proud...[/monger]

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.59
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-12-2000 08:32 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see.... the Noghri..... well, if you hadn't noticed they pretty much haven't been used for a while now. But the reason I chose Noghri to have as an NPC, is because they are a character of strength, honor, and unbreakable will power. Also, I have yet to kill a single character aside from the NPC's I brought into the stories myself. The three main Noghri have yet to do anything to anyone, they were just there to add to stories. I mean, they haven't done a single thing.

But I got to thinking, if anyone so chooses to have a Thread where only certain people can post, then that is just a side story that will have no significance to anything in our ongoing additions to the timeline. Because, in Role Playing, it is a Universe I started. A Universe where ANYONE and ANYTHING can RP, and anything can happen. Whether your new to Role Playing or not, new to Star Wars role playing or not. Anything.... you are welcome. And so, if you wish to have something that only a few people are allowed to enter into, then it will be considered Fan Fiction, and have no significance to anyone or anything not involved. Because anything can happen in an entire universe, and if you say "No, that can't happen and you aren't allowed to Post here" then you are completely going against everything that Role Playing is, and merely acting out a play write. So on my last note, you may do threads like the above mentioned, but that will only be for you and the people involved, and will never have any significance, or reference in the ongoing timeline we are building.

------------------
Darth Wicked

BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-13-2000 08:34 AM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ohh...dude its ok bout the Nohgri...its not my choice so I'm not worried bout it.

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.148
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-13-2000 02:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a thought:

Ok folks, speaking from purely a strategic standpoint, may I offer a suggestion? Perhaps it would be a good idea if we all took it upon ourselves to keep up with what is going on in threads other than our own. As Lord Wicked has clearly provided, we are not writing a bunch of unique stories, each unto their own. We are manipulating characters of our own device in certain situations in an entire, same-time Star Wars Universe. It would therefore not be impossible for a character in one thread to suddenly appear in our own, especially if this has been given foundation in something pre-written in another thread.

Logic dictates for one to know what's happening, to understand where that other character might be coming from. This holds true concerning other characters alluded to in threads, I would think. For example, let us suppose someone writes Leia Organa as being kidnapped. It would be illogical for a character in another thread to be holding audience with her after the kidnapping has been introduced into our Universe.

Think "whole," of which we are all unique parts. As with the real universe, all unique parts can interact with each other. Circumstances determine whether a possibility becomes a probablitiy.

And circumstances here refers to the creativity of our writing, our skill!

Oh yes, one more Noghri comment: who's to say that there can't be any renegade Noghri lurking about, still loyal to what they perceive as being the stronger elements of the galaxy, that being the Dark Side and its users? I mean, if a particular Noghri named in a SW novel is definitely portrayed as being loyal to the New Republic, then it would be illogical and confusing to have him now loyal to a Darth. But Noghri in general, characters invented by ourselves, if given background as to why they are now loyal to the dark side... don't see why this can't be used!

And now, after having rambled on long enough, I'll be shutting up....

(The above is not written in stone. It is a mere written representation of the thoughts of the author of the character, "Graysith" and therefore falls into the category of "humble opinion.")

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on September 13, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.217
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 09-13-2000 05:46 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry bout the Nohgri comment but in all the books they are told to be a completly loyal race and that not one of them would dare turn their backs on their kind or to whom they owe their life debt...I just get from the novels that they are not a kind of race to go off and do that. Sure it is possible that there are a few that are renegades. But I don't see the number Wicked has as that. This is just my opinion though. I will not know if there is Nohgri that don't support the NR cause its not written so its no biggie to me I guess...

------------------

BobPalpatine
Holonet Moderator

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.121
Rogue Angel

Jedi Knight

Member # 33

posted 09-13-2000 07:34 PM     Profile for Rogue Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Rogue Angel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Wicked, the Noghri were what I was talking about. I think Bob has already expressed my opinions and concerns on that subject. I am not planning on leaving this board anytime soon! especially considering as how I'm a mod.

I have tried to speak to Logan about his lack of restraint but he will not listen to me. As for me, I'm not looking to make enemies and I'm going to keep my inflammatory opinions to myself.

------------------
"Is that a lightsaber in your pocket or are ya just happy to see me?"

Posts: 357 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 172.170.48.112
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 09-13-2000 08:39 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, that only makes things worse Rogue. Just voice them in a kind, mature manner. Unlike my friend Logan.

------------------
Darth Wicked

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05