my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » Rules of the Temple

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Rules of the Temple
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2000 11:27 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just want to make a formal agreement with the "Rules of the Temple" Bob Palpatine posted for the Jedi Praxeum. I personally think these should apply across the board, as they are sensible and fair and geared toward maintaining ongoing stories, which is what this RP Board is all about. I will adhere to these rules, though they do not yet officially apply to the SW Universe (in which I am currently posting) or to the Sith Temple, in which I am an associate moderator.

I sincerely hope all role-players will think about following these as well.

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.200.32
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-12-2000 01:00 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Out of pure curiousity, where's the uh....rules?

------------------
Anakin
[monger=ff0000,ffffff]Holonet Jedi Master[/monger]
Forum Administrator

-Have you mowed your lawn today?-
-Trying is the first step towards failure......-
-Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates.....-

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 166.62.44.70
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 08-12-2000 01:34 AM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all, Anakin the rules appear in the Jedi Praxeum.

Graysith, the reasons these rules came about was because of a few posts in the Jedi Praxeum. That is the only reason we brought these into play. Unless I see otherwise, they will stay only for the Jedi Praxeum. If I see problems arise, I will take care of them. As the ancient saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

-Darth Wicked

------------------
And saith unto him; 'All these things will I give thee if you will fall down and worship me...'

Lord Wicked is NOT a Chiss, but human. I just love Thrawn.

[monger=FF0000,FFFF00]Role Playing Administrator[/monger]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.125.139
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-12-2000 02:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But I trust I can still follow these if I wish? In all honesty, a completely omnipotent character is no fun for anyone else to post against; as for fighting: I personally like developing my character(s) in an ongoing storyline, which is what I have been doing so far. And so far, it's been great.

------------------
"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.188
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 08-12-2000 01:56 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree wholeheartedly with Graysith about Bob Palpatine's rules for the Jedi Praxeum -- they are good, basic rules to roleplay by and they are the same tacitly agreed-upon rules I have always roleplayed by. Therefore, I will consider them as applying to the entire roleplay board and abide by them at all times.

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.179.198.21
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 08-12-2000 03:00 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you wish to abide by those rules throughout all the forums, that is fine. I agree that omnipotent characters are bad for Role Playing as well too much fighting is. But as stated above, until I see a problem, the rules stay as they are.

-Darth Wicked

------------------
And saith unto him; 'All these things will I give thee if you will fall down and worship me...'

Lord Wicked is NOT a Chiss, but human. I just love Thrawn.

[monger=FF0000,FFFF00]Role Playing Administrator[/monger]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.125.139

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05