my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Beyond The Curve Of The Lens

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Beyond The Curve Of The Lens
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 06-29-2011 10:35 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Follow Kyan and Galen from page 9 in "Where Will You Go," to "Beyond The Curve Of The Lens," both in the "CSWU", Thanks)))

Kyan grabbed hold of Galen’s hands, for this to work he needed to establish a pathway from him through Galen to her raw Force ability. Taking a deep relaxing breath Kyan formed an image of the link between them in his mind. He saw it as bright threads of light that interconnected all life, which was what he knew as a living Force. When he saw the link between them the threads were more numerous and intertwined. From this view he could see his own Force abilities and how they were cut off from him by a wall of darkness. Then following the threads to Galen he could see her raw potential through the Force. Galen did not possess the raw power when it came to the Force as Kyan once did but still plenty to be a powerhouse in her own right.

“Found it Gal’ika,” whispered Kyan. “I traced the outline of your power now this will feel different so hold on.”

Kyan didn’t give her any further warning; he grabbed hold of all of her Force ability and pulled it along the threads back into himself. The feeling of her Force powers almost over whelmed him; he knew a Jedi was not meant to wield the Force in this manner. Powered by the Force he expanded the threads of his and Galen’s life out into a time line he saw how they became intertwined when they first meet back on that Vong planet. He could follow it into the future when suddenly his own line stopped, not separated but stopped.

No time to explore what that meant.

He moved on further down Galen’s own line searching for a clue to indicate what he was looking for when he saw it. Down in her time line he saw a moment when his own line somehow reappeared and briefly intertwined with Galen’s before disappearing again. He was now satisfied what he saw before when the powers were restored to the universe Galen was a flow walk and not a vision. Grabbing hold of that moment he took a hold of that and using Galen’s raw power looped it back into itself pulling both him and Galen to that time. He could feel the physical strain on himself trying to control powers not his own as he and Galen were pulled along, almost burning out his own body in the process. He held on until he felt and explosion of light and what felt like a decompression of an airlock, then everything returned to normal. Opening his eyes he saw he was no longer on the ship and area filled with a deep mist that blocked his vision.

Gal’ika,” said Kyan. “Open your eyes, we are here.”

[ 11-09-2011 11:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-09-2011 11:44 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Curious...

I have never been so utterly, deliciously, and absolutely bombarded with the Fright Of The Unknown as I was in those scant few minutes after Kyan let his talents loose. For the briefest of seconds I was held in abeyance, my very self lowered in respectful anticipation of what might unfold as this quest, or "walk," continued.

But bare seconds after we'd begun, something rose up in screaming splendor, digging ravenous fingers into my very selfness as it did so, and burst me wide open to view:

Lines. Lines of white, shimmering power. A glowing whiteness, vaguely humanoid in shape, from whence a steady white line emanated. It stretched off into a nameless distance, if distance could indeed be ascertained, both thisaway and thataway. I could not see where those lines ended, if indeed they did. Something about one of them seemed to affect the vaguely humanoid shape; it appeared to recoil from the one, and veer off slightly in the direction of the other.

Before anything remotely resembling a coherent thought could begin to form in an attempt to explain this phenomenon, the form and the lines vanished. It wasn't that they disappeared to the dark; it was more that they were covered by something.

Something More. Something...

Other.

No sooner did a glimmering of this begin to dawn on me when that same Something flashed out into a lightless brilliance that devoured everything in whatever it was that I was using for vision, arcing up and up a scale I couldn't even begin to fathom, bringing with it sensations of the strangest kind.

Colors I could taste.
Nameless odors I could feel.

Feelings that blinded me, so brilliant were they, sending me recoiling in ecstatic terror back and back until Something Else, way back somewhere, seemed to rear back in absolutely tangible satisfaction.

And blink it's Great Eyes. Eyes I could hear...

A jolt coursed through me then, as everything sequed into that brilliant non-light once again. What passed for my jaw dropped in recognition of the fact that all this strange, oxymoronish beauty seemed to not merely touching upon me, but reaching out from me instead.

Is this what Sissy feels? a small portion of me managed to think before everything disappeared in an explosion without sound, and I opened my eyes to misty gray. My ears once more registered sound, as Nature intended they do.

I let a single shudder race through me, then turned to Master Kyan, whose words were what I had last heard.

"But--" I hesitated, gulped, then tried again.

"But Master, where are we?" was all I could manage at the time.

[ 11-09-2011 11:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.105.32.39
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-10-2011 02:06 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Where is not important Gal’ika,” answered Kyan. “The more important question is when?”

Even after arriving where they did the work was not over for Kyan, he still had to maintain the flow walk as an anchor for both him and Galen or else they may not be able to go back. The use of The Force in this manner felt toxic to him, manipulating another’s powers in this way was unnatural Kyan had no idea on how long he can maintain this with just Galen’s Force powers.

Kyan took a calming breath to center his thoughts and control of the walk. As if in response the mist that surrounded them dissipated revealing a stone courtyard with what appeared to be a replica of the Jedi Temple in the background. The scene was almost the same as his last one but with some changes as well. The stone courtyard was devoid of the children that he had seen before; instead of the noonday sun he clearly saw a familiar field of stars.

Mando’a,” Kyan gasped. “This is the Mandalorian homeworld.”

Looking across the courtyard again he now saw to figures before them. One was an human female gray haired with streaks of fiery red through out, she sat on the ground meditating. Off to her side stood a single figure in Mandalorian Armor, which looked very much like his daughter. As he thought of whom the second figure might be both appeared to notice their presence. First both looking at Kyan then to Galen then back to Kyan.

Kyan returned glances to the older woman who smiled in return then to the Mandalorian who immediately look away as if in shame or sorrow.

“I do not know how long I can maintain this Gal’ika,” continued Kyan. “Maybe five minutes or so, but know this. What you are seeing is not set in stone it can and probably will change to some degree but I want you to see what I see in you and what you have to potential to become. So go ahead and ask her what you need to know.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-12-2011 09:49 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I peered at the image of the two people, squinting to see them better against the misty gray that framed them. Even as I watched it looked as if their outlines were becoming wavery, as if beginning to dissolve back into the background of-- well, whatever it was.

No. Whenever it IS, I reminded myself, heeding Kyan's mysterious words.

My forehead creased into a frown as for a moment the face of the human female clarified a little.

Is that me?

I reached out toward the little tableau, the action an almost involuntary one.

"Who- who are you?" I whispered, suddenly not really wanting to know the answer.

[ 11-12-2011 09:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.105.32.39
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-08-2011 11:36 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Why Galen’s questions were not being answered by the woman Kyan didn’t know.

Perhaps when I was here last time the flow walk was for my benefit. Whatever the case Gal’ika will have to figure out that part on her own, now this other figure is somehow for me.

Kyan tried to reach out with the Force to feel the second figure, but it was too taxing to use Galen’s powers to do two different things at the same time. Realizing the futility he tried to think of other ways to solve his problem when he began to sense new things around him in the Force. Not only Galen, but the two figures before him and moreover he could feel them through his own latent Force abilities.

What is this? Why do my abilities work here, what has changed?

No solid theory came to mind so Kyan used his own latent abilities to analyze the Force while using Galen’s to keep them steady in the flow. What Kyan saw astounded him; he could clearly sense and make use of Galen’s Force powers, and through the shared use he could also sense his powers being locked behind a wall of darkness. Beyond that Kyan could sense a more ominous power in Galen one that rivaled the Force and surpassed it. It appeared to react to Kyan’s use of Galen’s abilities chipping holes in the wall of darkness that surrounded his Force abilities so he had to less rely on Galen’s. He was beginning to see why Galen put so much stock into The All if it had the power to defy so much with so little effort; it both excited and frightened Kyan. Using his partially restored abilities while he still could Kyan reached out to the second figure and encountered a wall of sorrow from deep within her, but beneath that an all too familiar presence.

Kan’ika,” Kyan shouted. The second figure looked up and straight at Kyan. Removing her helmet and tossing it aside Kyan could see a face that had to be his granddaughter. Kyan knew then he had succeeded if in this future time Kani was still alive and more importantly back on Mandalore, so why would she be so sad instead of relieved to see her grandfather.

I know that in this time I must already be dead but, why does the site of me bring her such pain.

Kyan knew the answer; somehow he knew it when he saw the convergence of everyone’s line in the Force at the point his stopped. He could feel it through his Force powers, Galen’s Force Powers, and even Galen’s The All abilities. Everything centered on Kyan’s death, and he had to know why.

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 12-16-2011 11:11 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even as confused by the vision that I was, I could clearly feel wave after wave of sheer happiness that emanated from Kyan, each one stronger and more insistent than the last. They washed over me like those upon some wild and distant shore; shocked, to say the least, I flicked my gaze from the odd duo and concentrated upon my new Master.

Another jolt struck me.

He isn't aware of it!

What could cause such happiness? What odd revelation could turn confusion into something bordering upon delight? For indeed, now that sensation was becoming stronger than ever, now causing my brow to wrinkle the slightest bit as I tried to figure out just what in Hell's Seven Circles was going on. I closed my eyes, just so I could concentrate better.

And that's when I saw it.

There it was again, the strange tableau: the young Mandalorian woman, the red-headed human. While not positive, I was beginning to think the former was some relation to Kyan; why else would she be here? As for the latter, why...

It was me.

A little grunt escaped me as that tangential fact bit into my awareness.

Ok, so it was me. So I was there with someone of Kyan's race, someone close to him, judging by the look on her face. And as for why we were both together...

That's when what was lurking in the impossible shadows suddenly clarified, and I saw it. It stayed away, back, as if somehow far removed from us. But even as I watched, it inched the tiniest bit closer.

A ship of yorik coral.

Even as I watched, it zoomed suddenly closer. Surprised, I opened my eyes in defense, backing instinctively away as I did so, only to realize that this vision-thing wasn't coming to me, but I to it. Understanding dawned; drawing in a breath, I closed my eyes once more and let the vision continue.

The living surface of the Vong ship approached at seeming hyperspeed. One moment it was lurking far behind the now-frozen tableau; then it was smack before me, then...

I was in it.

He stood there, his aquiline features curled in a sneer of derision, of satisfaction, as if he was aware of some impending fortune that not one soul in the great multi-verse of which we were a part could come close to comprehending. His lip drew up, exposing delicately carved fangs, his head turned and those eerie eyes seemed to seek me out...

Again I found my eyes flashing open, my feet moving back as my body chose reflexively to have nothing whatsoever to do with this powerful and enigmatic being. Both women in the vision tossed their gaze upon me then, and the redhead seemed to sneer while the other burst into tears.

I understood. I closed my eyes...

Back I was again, re-engaged with the masquer-cloaked being. The battle grew more heated...

...and then I realized that he too was seeing something. And it wasn't me.

I pushed closer, now forcing myself to stare into his eyes of chrome, letting myself fall into his electric pupils in which I saw shadowy figures moving around. I pushed more closely, shuddering now as it began to seem that he was now really looking at me; one thorn-backed hand raised in my direction, fisted slowly then dropped. My blood was ice; I refused to back off until I could see what it was he was really looking at.

I knew I could do it. Somehow, I just knew...

Brilliance flooded me then in a wave of tsunami proportions. It pounded from his eyes, lines and membranes and entire geometric planes of pure energy that once more beat me back, flowed not only against me but into me, shoving me back step by unwilling step until my back impacted upon something. I let a tiny part of myself wonder what that something was; then new realization struck.

It was Kyan.

I pushed back, swam up that flowing geyser of light, up and forward and back and into, battling ever stronger storm surges, ever more energetic waves, behind which something not electric blue but chrome and violet struggled not to be seen...

And with a final, mighty effort burst into the being's pupils, only to see:

Sissy. And Dark Lord Aelvedaar. And off to one side stood Blondie, and Big Red's buddy, and another Sith who I couldn't quite see...

Behind this all, the white light seemed to pulse, as if in battle with some strangely tangible dark that was trying to contain it. Back and forth, like an electromagnetic metronome, it brightened and darkened, brightened and darkened before in one final volley a thread of light lanced out from it and struck me square in the heart.

When I opened my eyes again, it was to discover that I was on my back, everything once more a misty gray around me, the two women both on their knees now, the expression on both their faces being the epitome of sorrow. But even as I struggled to my feet, my gaze riveted to that future me.

Her head turned in my direction, and she smiled.

[ 12-16-2011 11:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 99.196.64.57
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-17-2011 02:13 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan felt Galen’s excitement and terror through the Force but only flashes no glimpses of the vision she experienced. Then all at once she was thrown to the ground.

Gal’ika,” Kyan shouted. Rushing to her side to access what had just occurred when he was cut of from by future Galen who simply motioned him to stop. He began to wonder why when Galen started to stir and sit up. Future Galen merely smiled and projected an ‘I told you so’ smirk at Kyan.

So that was her doing, she has become proficient.

Returning his attention to future Kani, Kyan wanted to know why his sight pained her so much. He reached out his hand and rested it on her shoulder; in that moment he thought he felt the heat of a lightsaber pierce his chest. Then the scene before him disappeared, he looked up and saw Galen only it was neither the Galen he knew nor the future Galen from before but another entirely. He looked upon her and a single thought seemed to enter his mind.

Jedi Scum

The words came from inside his head but were not his own. Kyan could feel the hatred in those words. Looking past the Galen figure another stood beside her someone whose armor he recognized instantly, his own.

The Traitor, Your responsible for her death.

He did not from where but the mind of the person who he was experiencing this vision from grabbed hold of a vibro bayonet and charged the other Kyan. From this perspective he watched the savagery of the fight between whoever this was and the other Kyan. The fight seemed even with the other Kyan gaining the upper hand until the person he was experiencing shouted out one word.

Ba’buir,” it shouted. The other Kyan froze in his stance giving the other the chance it needed. It threw the vibro bayonet at the other Kyan’s helmet causing him to raise his lightsaber to block. The figure raised up its had grabbing Kyan’s wrist crushing it with its iron grip forcing Kyan to drop his lightsaber. Grabbing the lightsaber as it fell the figure pressed it up into the armpit of Kyan’s armor and pressed the activation button engaging the saber straight into his heart. Through the reflection of Kyan’s visor he could see who’s mind he was watching these events unfold, Kani’s. In that reflection he could see Galen rushing to Kyan her own saber in hand. Kani was about to turn to face her as well when she was thrown to the ground by a giant invisible hand.

“No Gal’ika,” the other Kyan commanded. He appeared to move unhindered by what was a killing blow holding his hand out as if to pin Kani to the ground. “I will take care of it.” Walking over to Kani he placed a hand on her head then the vision vanished.

Back in the court yard he was clutching his chest were the lightsaber had slayed the other Kyan. He was covered in a cold sweat.

That was no vision, that was one of her memories, Kani’s memories.

Kyan knew what he saw no one was ever meant to see, their own death. He knew it was soon the Galen he saw then was to similar to his own unlike the future Galen from before. Maybe 6 months maybe a year but Kyan could feel he didn’t have much time. He had to move quickly.

(((OOC: Man I wrote this after being burnt out by finals and forgot to read Galen's post clearly, if Kyan's post goes to much against Galen's vision let me know so I can change what Kyan saw... sorry)))

[ 12-17-2011 02:25 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kyan Jetiis'ad ]

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-22-2012 12:51 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I lay on my back, utterly stunned, totally spent, lost within myself yet strangely focused on two little words that spiraled down upon me, a leftover vortex of light:

It's me. It. Is. ME.

Then even that faded; with a groan I sat up, one hand raised to my head. The other me let her smile fade beneath a terribly intense look, almost as if she could reach into my head--

Hell's Seven Circles, it was her head too, wasn't it?

--and then without any ceremony whatsoever quickly and quietly began fading from view. The misty gray reached out to her, to the other armored woman, gathered them up in a velvet embrace, and in one final swirl disappeared back into the whatever it had come from. Behind it, it left nothing, no women, I couldn't even see Kyan; there was nothing but the sight of the room we had been training in, which in turn began to coalesce from nothing into something...

((OOC: Follow Galen back into Where Will You Go, in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

Posts: 1459 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.107.96.58
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 03-22-2012 01:14 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kyan could still feel the heat of a lightsaber piercing his heart, a remnant of the memories he just experienced. Because of this he was rapidly loosing control of the flow walk.

I need to end this before I lose complete control.

He needed to return them to the ship, but his priority was Galen's safety. He took in one more burst of Galen's powers then centering himself he saw the flow and placed Galen as gently as possible back into that time.

With Galen back in the proper time he was suddenly cut off from his means of controlling the flow walk. He could feel the flow walk now trying to right itself pulling him back into the proper time as well. Kyan tried to use his abilities and some of the Force connection that was repaired, but it was not enough to slow down the sudden pull he felt coming on.

Sheb... this won't be pretty.

(((OOC:Follow Kyan back into Where Will you Go, in the "CSWU" forums.)))

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e