my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Round and Round and Round She Goes... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Round and Round and Round She Goes...
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 12-21-2008 11:00 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran exhaled deeply and let his face relax into a half smile. He actually felt good sitting here, conversing with someone shrewd and sharp, wielding power semi-wisely. He had lived his job for so long he had forgotten what it was like to relax, and it was so refreshing to be able to close his eyes, even for a second, and not fear death.

“You are man of strategy,” he said. “Most people live their lives tactically, jumping from one situation to another and doing the best they can to survive to the next battle. But people such as you can see beyond the immediate concern, can see a larger picture and even learn how to manipulate events to reach a greater goal. That is what I speak to, that part of you with the vision of the grand scheme.”

Thoran leaned forward once more, his face very serious.

“For more years than I care to say I was part of that scheme. Not as a schemer, mind you, but a tactical commander moving events along in a never-ending game of chess. Oh, I was a good soldier, never questioning my orders, always getting the job done. But then I was assigned a very -- shall we say -- ‘unique’ opportunity. It made me question my orders, rethink my role in the grand scheme, and even caused me to step outside of the lines. Now, you may think that makes me untrustworthy, that I cannot follow orders. But what does a commander do when ordered to win an unwinnable battle, and given directives that will surely mean defeat?”

“True, I speak somewhat allegorically. But be certain, I was once part of that greater thing behind that horrible place called the Darker Realms. And there is something greater even than that, and it is playing some strange game where the Sith, your Empire, and other great races are merely pawns being moved about for its greater goal.”

Thoran sat back again, eying Sorben.

“I apologize if I am being cryptic,” he continued. “I’ve always been told I am too wordy. Perhaps you could help me be brief -- tell me, what do you already know of the Yuuzhan Vong?”

--------------------

The ancients are not the oldest, nor the wisest.

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 12-21-2008 11:24 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I narrowed my eyes as Thoran rambled on concerning Dark Realms and Imponderable Manipulators and the like, but it wasn't because I thought he was full of poo-doo. Much to my discomfort, I found something in his statement to be startlingly familiar, like I'd been there, seen that, somewhere before. Where, I couldn't quite recall; this caused me to frown. I didn't like it when my memories played games with me.

Games...

Now I shook my head, pushing aside that eerie feeling of deja vu and leaned forward.

"The Yuuzhan Vong?" I repeated, reaching out for a bit of sweetmeat sitting there begging to be eaten. I thoughtfully obliged, munching away contentedly as I then continued.

"Not much other than what we all learned in schoo-- er, that is, what most kids learned in school. They are a race that is a total antithesis to anything technological, one which manipulates biologically at a genetic level. The came before to our Galaxy, intent on mastering it, and only by the bare skin of our teeth did we manage to defeat them... something to do with the jedi, I believe... and chase them off with their tails between their legs.

"Why?"

I swallowed and gave him a careful look. There was something about his manner, the air of relaxation into which he had eased himself, that somehow sat at odds with what I felt in my gut he was holding back from me.

"You know something about the Vong?" I prompted once more.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 02-08-2009 11:03 AM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I know the Yuuzhan Vong were not eradicated from our galaxy,” Thoran said, sitting back in his seat. All traces of a smile had vanished and he looked at Sorben with serious eyes.

“They surrendered, and given a chance to change. They abolished their warlike ways and were given a homeworld – a sentient, living thing, believe it or not – and went off into the Unknown Regions to live in peace. But the problem with the Unknown Regions, of course, is that they are – well, unknown. Something found them.”

Thoran scratched at the base of horn, thinking of how to phrase his next statement.

“I know you think I am a little crazy, and I certainly can’t blame you. But remember to think about the bigger picture, and hear me out. There is a saying that we’re all only pawns in the game. That is true to an extent, for there is a game being played. I don’t fully understand it, now do I understand just who the real players are. But they do things to us, make us jump through hoops and force us all to deal with situations. The original Vong invasion was part of the game – but it was supposed to be over. Players 1 countered, and Player 2 went off to the next move. But what I discovered…”

Thoran paused, his head hurting slightly.

“I believe there is a Player 3 that has been quiet for a long time. And it is going to use the Yuuzhan Vong remnants, both here and in their original galaxy, to steal the game from the other two. I mean, with quiet maneuvering I think this Player 3 is setting up a checkmate that will mean catastrophe for all of us.”

Thoran looked at Sorben again, his eyebrows raised slightly.

“You’re probably wondering what evidence I have, or what size of a straightjacket to get for me. But I can show you things that would help, and let you talk to someone who knows. He doesn’t realize it, really, because his mind is full of holes – like that one Bothan cheese – but the information is there. In fact, I think you have already met him. But what we need to get to – where we need to end up, I mean -- we need to talk, Sith and Empire, not as potentially warring factions, but as galactic brothers. In essence, it's time for us to stop being pawns and take control of this game.”

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 172.130.188.4
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 04-17-2009 11:15 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I didn't like the sound of where this was heading, not one little bit. It didn't even strike me as incredulous how quickly I was coming to accept what this man was divulging; there was just something about his demeanor that, here and there, managed to trickle through his glib manner of speech, carrying kernels of truth right along with it. I hadn't gotten to my former position in the Bounty Hunter's Guild by ignoring that particularly revealing language used by practically every race I had ever come to meet; I had no reason to believe Thorans's people would be any different.

I inhaled, lifted my chin the slightest, and considered the words he spoke, meanwhile carefully reading those myriad unspoken yet subtly revealed through every nuance of body language he was projecting: the way he sat, when his eyes met mine, what he did with his hands...

And in particular, what words he was actually speaking during those brief moments when his loquacious manner dropped before one of utter seriousness. And I believed his sincerity during those moments to be true; his eyes had been locked in mine, and there hadn't been even the tiniest bit of pupillary change that I could see.

He was either very, very good, or...

A genteel chime interrupted my assessment. On the desk before me, a light flashed patiently for attention; I attended to it, and read the brief message that scrolled in front of me in its wake.

"The courier is due to arrive in fourteen standard hours," I commented, raising a hand as I rose from my seat. After giving my uniform a tug and a brush to neaten it, I took a moment to take stock of my quasi-ally, now thinking about his former request.

He was yet attired in the filthy robe I had obtained from the old woman--

I must attend to sending her some credits, perhaps some nourishing food would be in order as well...

--and did indeed look somewhat ragged around the edges. I nodded to the guards; their heads cocked in that peculiar manner once more as they initiated their headsets, then stood in readiness to receive my command.

"Take him to-- well, somewhere that he can clean himself up. He certainly can't go before anyone looking like this. And get him something decent to wear."

The guards nodded in compliance, and arrayed themselves on either side of Thoran, their weapons now held in parade stance. Not threatening, but easy to use if necessary. Just as any well-trained soldier would do.

"I will meet you in the mess hall..."

I paused, a brow now lifting fractionally toward the nearest guard, who bore the yellow patch of squad leader upon his shoulder. Truth be known, I had never visited this base, and wasn't certain what was available in this building. I sure as hell didn't want Thoran wandering from building to building outside, but my momentary concerns were laid to rest by the nod the squad leader now gave me.

"...in one hour. That should give you time to clean up a little; then we can get something to eat and relax a bit."

This courtesy wasn't simply an overt extension of comradely association on my part. While personally I was just shy of utterly and totally believing everything Thoran had said, there was still the miniscule chance he was holding something back. Or on the other hand, simply couldn't recall it, if indeed it existed at all. A body and mind relieved of the little but highly necessary things in life, such as food and rest, clothing and shelter, was far more apt to function at its full potential. And I needed to be certain I knew everything that was rolling around in that mind of his.

Everything.

[ 04-17-2009 11:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 09-15-2009 02:02 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Kani enters RP here.)))

Kani received the message an hour ago and truth be told if not for her training would be able to contain her excitement. After a month of orders to stand by at the isolated Tatooine outpost she had received further orders. Walking down the corridor in her black service uniform all the stormtroopers knew who she was well enough that they all moved out of her way while headed toward the command center. Glancing down at the data pad she reread her orders she received to help calm herself.

To: Major Lrya Kanti

Effictive immediately you are relieved of all present duties and are assigned to Lieutent General Tarnus's support staff as Special Operations Officer. Report in at earliest possible moment.

Kani of course knew when the General arrived, the entire base did but there was no need of her to appear before the General while she was placed in standy status. So it came as a surprise when just right after his arrival she received orders to be reassigned to his command. For the next hour she made sure her uniform was propperly pressed, rank squares correctly aligned and centered, rank cylinder in her left shoulder pocket. And finally centered above her rank the black and gold badge of crossed swords behind the Imperial Insignia, the badge of those who served as a storm commando and the color denoting those few storm commando's that made it into the NightWhispers the most elite stromtroopers in the galaxy. While much of the backstory the Imperials fabricated for her was false they did put her through their boot camp, assigned her to the 501st then using her trainging as a Mandalorian excelled at her duties and was given a commision and transferred to the NightWhispers, nothing about her record as an Imperial Stormtrooper was a fabrication and it showed in Kani's face when she wore her uniform with pride. Arriving out side the Generals office she approched the desk belonging to his secretary. The secretary, a 2nd lieutent rose and offered her a salute which Kani returned.

“Lieutenant,” Kani began. “Inform the General that Major Kanti has arrived to report in.”

The Liutenat quickly began to fumble with his commlink to inform the General of the Major's arival knowing to well not to waste the time of a stormtrooper, but a stormtrooper officer such as the Major.

Posts: 100 | From: | Registered: Sep 2009  |  Logged: 208.79.15.102
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-15-2009 03:38 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran had scarcely exited when yet another genteel chime commanded my attention. My brows shot upward in surprise when I read the words scrolling across my monitor.

Kani Jetiis'ad, a new support staff officer? Why in blazes was I given notice of support staff being assigned to me here, on Tatooine? I had only just showed my face...

I drew back, pondering this latest little mystery. Then the look on my face dissolved into one bordering mild annoyance.

It must have come down from Admiral Actar. He's the only one who could get anything of this sort on the table so quickly. Exactly why I was suddenly being given this honor in such an out-of-place world had yet to be explained. Unless Landarian had managed to get safely back to Coruscant, and had reported the destruction of the blockade.

That would most certainly do it.

I drew back slightly, nodding in satisfaction before flicking the monitor into darkness. My hand moved to the in-house transmitter.

"Send in Major Jetiis'ad, Lieutenant," I said simply. Then I settled back in my seat, even as I typed in a particular code to access what information there was to be had for My Eyes Only concerning this newest aide of mine.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 173.27.75.251
Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 09-15-2009 05:31 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A comm reply came back to the Lieutenant's desk, which Kani could only assume was permission to enter because shortly after recieving it, the lieutenant rose from his desk and held open the door.

"The General will see you now ma'am," said the Lieutenant.

Marching with military precision and diciplin befitting a stormtrooper Kani approached Sorben's desk stopping herself 3 paces from it perfectly centered. Brining her heels together with an audiable snap she brought herself to the position of attention clutching her datapad in her left hand she offer the general a salute and holding it in place.

"Good afternoon Sir," said Kani. "Major Lyra Kanti Imperial Stormtrooper Corps reporting as ordered."

Kani waited until the General returned her salute before cutting her own then handed him her datapad which contained orders along with the service record for one Major Lrya Kanti as well as a hidden record for Kani Jetiis'ad accessible only to flag officer such as the General. Standing perfectly still Kani maintained herself at the position of attention with only the discipline a Stormtrooper could have while the General read her service record and awaiting his command.

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-18-2009 10:06 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I gazed with some bemusement at my new officer, although I was careful not to let one whit of this be shown in either my eyes or demeanor. But if the truth be known, I had always found the military lifestyle to be one that was rather, well... affected. On the one hand I readily understood the importance of the myriad, life-compassing rules and regulations every soldier lived by; even my own humble self had to adhere to such. But in my heart it wasn't me, not really.

I could never really understand why Actar chose to elevate me to the position he had. It had always bothered me that one day I was but a simple bounty hunter, contracted by him to hit my own wife and daughter. The next... boom. I was third in command of his little galactic empire.

No one really knew the razor's edge that I had to tiptoe across every day. I had to carefully balance my own innate and nearly overwhelming sense of selfness against the hive-mind of a military that was rapidly expanding to cover the galaxy. I had to play the part of dutiful leader, following the direction of those few above me while yet trying to do my part for what I determined to be the good of the galaxy in general. I'd been too many places, seen too many worlds, gone through too many experiences as a bounty hunter to readily accept the simple, "we're in charge now" theory that many thought to be Actar's single mandate.

Perhaps that was why I now was living the life that I was. Perhaps Actar recognized this, and wanted a counterweight to his and Swatzi's actions... even though as far as I knew he still insisted his only goal was one of order and peace for every world in the galaxy.

But yet, maybe I was reading too much into things. Maybe I was seeing only what I hoped to be seeing; perhaps Actar wasn't the benign man I was thinking him to be. It could very well be that, having discovered what had happened on the Sith worlds, he blamed me for the loss of an entire blockade's worth of ships; maybe this major was being assigned to me for more than what it seemed to be on the surface...

I cleared my throat, rose marginally and tossed Major Jetiis'ad a quick salute.

"At ease, soldier," I said as I sat back down. She then extended her datapad, which I scanned quickly but thoroughly. A brow rose at what it revealed; I forced it down as I laid the pad on my desk, raising my eyes back into those of the major.

For a brief moment the passage of time was a thick wall between us. Then I began hammering it down.

"I would like to know exactly what it is you wish to gain in your service, your goals and personal desires, if you will. And please don't patronize me with generalities."

I arrowed my gaze directly into her eyes, maintaining that hold with not a little intensity as I waited to hear her reply.

[ 09-18-2009 10:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 09-18-2009 04:34 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Upon receiving the General’s command Kani went to parade rest, but still remained ridged and motionless until Tarnus asked her his question.

“Sir you have my file and how I have an alternate identity,” Kani began. “My real name is Ka’runi Jetiis’ad, former warrior of the Mandalorian Protectorate and daughter of a Jedi Knight. At 13 I was sent to assassinate Admiral Actar but was captured. I thought I was going to be executed just like I thought my mother was when the Empire showed me the truth. They brought me to the valley of the Jedi where I met the Force ghost of my mother who told me the truth, that the Jedi had become corrupt and the Admiral had no choice but to stop them. Then when my mother sought to help the Jedi survivors they killed her and framed the Empire, and that now the Mandalorian’s had become as corrupt as the Jedi.”

“It was then that the Empire gave me a choice, they could release me and let me return to Mandalore or I could join them. So the Empire created my new Identity Lyra Kani, and let me enlist as a Stormtrooper. As a Stormtrooper I had a new direction because I could see the values taught to us in training; loyalty, discipline, order, honor where present throughout my new life. They gave me the drive I needed to excel above my peers, use my training as a Mandalorian for some force of good. Then about a month ago an opportunity presented its self. While I was with the NightWhispers the order came down to assassinate Mandalore himself I volunteered for it, not for revenge but to save my people. I killed Mandalore in plain sight, uniting them against me. Leaving them open to the Empire for aid to help them.”

Kani noted how she had relaxed her posture but caught herself and returned to her previos state of rigidity, before resuming her explanation.

“So General I’ve already accomplished my goal,” Said Kani. “The Jedi who are responsible for my mother’s death are dead. And the Empire will save the Madalorians. Now I want only to continue on as a Stormtrooper with my brothers in arms protecting the Empire that has done so much for me."

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-19-2009 09:49 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The tiny little hairs on the back of my neck rippled uneasily, and it was only with the greatest dint of effort that I kept any expression of this from touching my face or any other part of my body. My mind raced--

The Mandalorians were yet alive, somewhere. Yet another mysterious resurrection, as with the Sith? Where were they located, and how did they manage to escape the eyes of the Galaxy? Most disturbing, how did Actar become privy to the knowledge that they still lived? And why had I, his Third-in-Command, not been given this sensitive information?

--and I centered my gaze on the datapad once again, appearing to peruse it.

What in blazes was Actar doing? I couldn't help but question. This scarcely followed the parameters of the mandate he had expressed to me. I knew he had retreated to his headquarters on Ambria, and by remaining quietly there was presenting to the empire his apparent reluctance to engage in any further bloodshed. But here he had obviously manipulated a young and idealistic girl into doing with her talents what he himself could not do, no matter how many ships and stormtroopers he could ever send:

That was to secure for the Empire not merely the physical system itself, but the loyalties of the Mandalorian populace as well.

I scrolled down the datapad, but my eyes weren't seeing the digitized characters at all.

How did I know this? From my own pre-Actar history. Although they had always made me feel uncomfortable, I knew full and well the jedi were not corrupt, and with the exception of a rogue jedi here and there, never had been. On one hand I now could see how those in power could interpret their actions as thus, accusing them of behaving above the law, but this was indeed due to the simple fact that they were above the law. They adhered to a Greater Law, that one governing their actions for the good of all the people, no matter if it was a Galactic Senate or self-proclaimed Emperor that ruled those people. But it was to the welfare of those people that they always had directed their focus; again, although I tried my best to avoid them throughout my days of hunting, even I had to recognize this simple fact. A good bounty hunter always considers the big picture in all things, otherwise he usually ends up as dead as the hits assigned to him.

I raised my head, settled into my chair and gave the major a scrutinizing look.

She is talented, there is no doubt about that. And idealistic, and young. Not to mention being in a position of some power in the military. And that is a very, very dangerous combination. Without the experience and maturity that time brings along with it as with the case of most rising officers in the Troops, she could quite easily misuse that which has been given to her. Or misinterpret situations she might be having to deal with.

And this might be the very reason Actar had chosen to make her some kind of wunderkind.

I closed the datapad, closing my eyes as well to hide any reflection of another, disturbing thought now rising up in me.

Out of nowhere I was assigned this aide. Was she to assist me, or to watch me? Quite possibly the latter, for nowhere in the My Eyes Only portion did I read anything remotely connected to the destruction of the blockade or orders as where to go from here. In fact, Actar and Swatzi had remained mysteriously silent in this regard; I knew Landarian had made it back to Coruscant to report, for it was to him I had sent the order for a retrieval from Tatooine. And I knew Landarian; by now the entire Empire was more than likely buzzing with the crushing news of my inexplicable defeat in the Unknown Quadrant.

More than likely Actar blamed me for the blockade's destruction. Perhaps he had somehow discovered that my hit on Galen and Darra had been a failure as well. And add to this the simple fact that the Mandalorians yet lived, were secreted away in a place that Actar and a few select others knew about... said others not including yours truly...

I cleared my throat, and set the datapad down on my desk.

"Very good, Major," I said simply. "As ranking officer of my support staff--" a staff which had yet to fully materialize, I might add "--from this point until further notice I am ordering you into strict silence on anything you might discover in the course of your duties, on anything I may in the future order you to do that might at the time seem to you to be unusual. If in the course of those duties you in turn should see or uncover anything unusual, you will report that information directly to me, and not through any other normal channels. Is this clear?"

[ 09-19-2009 10:37 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 09-19-2009 05:10 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kani was surprised by the General’s order, but she forced herself to maintain her surprise so her body language did not betray her. The request itself was not what surprised Kani, but the manner in which it was given.

I have received orders just like this before when I was part of the NightWhispers, but always part of a mission itself. Who am I to question the authority of a Imperial General, the Empire has trusted me to his charge and to question his order in anyway would not only betray the oath I took as an officer, but betray what it means to be a Stormtrooper.

Pushing her thoughts of doubt to the back of her mind, Kani accept the General’s order as if it came from Mandalore himself.

“Perfectly clears sir,” came Kani’s response.

Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 09-22-2009 11:46 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Good."

I cast a quick glance at the chrono. Approximately half a standard hour had passed since Thoran had been escorted off to clean himself; it was nearly time for our rendezvous in the Mess.

"There is a courier due to arrive in 13.5 standard hours which shall transport me-- that is, us to Coruscant," I informed her.

"I shall leave it to you to inform me of its arrival; in the meantime..."

Now I shot a pointed glance at the time-keeper.

"In the meantime I have another pressing matter to attend to." I rose to my feet.

"If you will excuse me, Major--"

I waited brief moments until she cut me a smart salute, then returned it with a fast one of my own. No sooner had she whirled and departed than I was on the comm again, this time summoning the lieutenant in charge of the troops who had escorted Thoran.

"Make certain that mess hall where we are meeting is devoid of anyone other than our, ahh... guest," I commanded, then paused a moment to reflect.

"Prepare something fast and hot to eat, and have it waiting for us. I don't even want the cooks to be present. Oh yes, have an open bottle of Walkn'Fall ready as well, with two glasses. General Tarnus, out."

I smoothed the one-piece I was attired in and nodded with satisfaction. A couple hours of "discussion," with Walkn'Fall to settle any lingering tensions, a good night's sleep, and we would be fully prepared to depart the base when the courrier arrived.

I headed off to the Mess, arriving there before Thoran's arrival. Nodding to the tiny squad of honor guards arrayed outside the door, I entered and headed to the lone table set for two. The Walkn'Fall bottle glinted in the somewhat subdued lighting, and I allowed myself a rueful grin.

It's been awhile since you've had this, hasn't it, pal?

Not bothering to think about anything else at the moment I merely seated myself, poured myself a stiff one, and took a good long drink. But, oddly enough, the rushing fire which then cascaded throughout my body did nothing to assuage the myriad thoughts which flitted through my head like so many nightbats. Far from it.

First the blockade, then the possibility of the Vong returning, now this sudden uneasiness that my very gut sensed was slowly creeping into existence regarding my position with Actar and his little Empire. It was enough to make me go back to Quee and beg readmittance into the Guild.

Almost...

[ 09-22-2009 11:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 09-26-2009 04:11 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
First thing Kani did upon exiting the General’s office was head to the Combat Operations Center of the base. As expected upon arriving at the COC Kani entered a room filled with many terminals each displaying a different thing, one had an the city on Tatooine overlaid with the position of patrols moving about, another displayed the assets the empire had in this sector of space. With so many terminals one would assume it would be easy to be confused to interpret all the data, which is what the officer of the watch must have assumed when he approached her. Before he even had a chance to speak Kani raised her hand demanding his silence until she required anything from him. Ignoring the officer of the watch, some boot lieutenant who probably never seen a day of hard work in his life Kani approached a young Corporal who manned a terminal displaying all inbound and out bound flights for the base. When the Corporal noticed the Major staring over his shoulder he immediately jumped from his chair and began to report his post.

“At ease Corporal,” said Kani. “There will be a certain courier craft to arrive in about 13 hours. Notify me on this frequency when the vessel arrives in system and when it is 15 minutes out.”

Jotting down the frequency for the commlink built into her armor Kani quickly departed heading to her quarters to prepare for the Courier. Quickly Kani changed over from her uniform to her armor, sort of a cross between imperial guardsman armor and stormtrooper armor matte black in color. Donning her helmet Kani ran a quick check of her armor and weapons, finding everything in perfect order Kani packed her uniform and extra gear into her sea bag. Grabbing it and heading out of her quarters Kani handed it off to one of the passing stormtroopers with instructions to take it to the flight line and stage it for when the courier arrived. Heading to the mess Kani found the honor guard standing by outside the door of the mess. Without instructions to enter Kani remained outside the hatch to the mess with the honor guard standing by for when the General called for her.

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 10-05-2009 11:53 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thoran sat quietly in the room to which he had been led, his feet propped up on the table and his back pressed into the cushion of the chair. He had been this way for what seemed like hours, not making a sound and not moving. His elbows rested on his chest and the fingers of either hand pressed against its opposite.

But as calm as he appeared on the outside, his head was a sea of tormented thoughts that railed like a hurricane against the logic that still stood before him.

If I am right, it probably knows I know. he thought, buffeting against the whirlpool of ideas and random images that he allowed to play within his head. The raging storm of blurred concepts was his own defense, learned from a master long since forgotten. It was the best defense against telepathy, more so than clearing a mind. A clean, pristine head was too easy a place for a mentalist to find information. It was like looking for a chink in a shiny, glistening suit of armor – keep looking systematically and you’ll spot it. But a dirty, cluttered mind, a whirling cesspool of thoughts and random information – that was a bitch.

But just in case it doesn’t know… Have to keep Tarnus safe, long enough to talk to Phal.

Time ticked on, but it not register to Thoran. Somewhere in the minutes preceding his vigil he had cleaned up and donned the attire set before him. He gave the cameras and the listening devices no courtesy either, saying nothing and making little motion. So when an hour had finally passed and the door to his temporary prison had opened, he was able to stand and smile with an earnest sense of security.

At least from this Empire, for the time being.

He was not taken in chains, not visible ones. The presence of the storm troopers was enough display for Thoran, he was not out to cause trouble and hoped that Tarnus would see it. But what he was proposing did sound crazy, and perhaps the Empire itself was safest if Tarnus did not fully believe, at least not yet.

Enough!

The doors to the mess hall opened, and Thoran stepped inside, followed and preceded by white-clad soldiers.

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.19.198.196
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 12-28-2009 02:02 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I looked over the rim of my glass of Walkn'Fall, alerted to Thoran's approach by the subtle whoosh of the mess doors as they gave him admittance. Then I placed the glass on the tabletop, my eyes narrowing a bit as I scrutinized the big red being. His manner looked easy enough, but not too much so.

Good. He's more than likely not trying to hide anything, not worrying about how he should behave in front of me.

It was amazing, actually, the way a sudden, invisible weight seemed to drift away from me. I hadn't even been aware that there was one, at least not where my "traveling companion" was concerned. But I trusted my hunting instincts, and at the moment they were hollering for all they were worth that Thoran more than likely had something he wanted to say to me. Easy and truthfully clear; no spectres of subterfuge to worry about.

But yet it seemed as if there were ghosts...

I rose halfway to my feet, then settled back as he joined me at the table. Behind him the mess doors closed upon the backs of the departing troopers.

"I trust you are feeling more refreshed; perhaps this might help a bit as well," I began, pouring him a glass of the gleaming, if deadly, ruby red liquor. He seemed to pause but a moment before taking hold of the glass, raising it before his eyes to stare into its mesmerizing depths.

What an appropriate color. It so well matches his skin. I do hope it is not a portent of things that are to come.

A flicker of a somewhat annoyed frown glanced across my face; uttering a tiny grunt, I chased it away with another swallow of my own glass of Walkn'Fall. Then I leaned back in my chair, running a finger along the rim of the glass while I pondered what to say.

What to say? Now, that was truly a quandary!

I wanted to rise up, grasp him by his shoulders, shake him like a rag doll and scream, "Tell me everything you know!" That, however, would not be my best interests, of course, not to mention in the best of those in a higher command level than myself.

Instead I smiled a little before letting my expression grow more serious.

"You rambled on about a lot of strange things, Thoran," I opened at length. "I must admit that some of it is nothing new to me. I, as you might already have discerned, am aware of the power of which you speak; it has been described to me as something called The All.

"But who wields this power--" Other than a certain flamboyantly deadly lady I have come to know and distrust with my entire being "--is something of which I am unaware. As am I to the mysterious 'game players' that you spoke of.

"And as for knowing what you apparently do about the Vong, not to mention white spiders..."

I let that thought trail off into a suggestive silence, saying nothing more but letting the few words I had spoken act upon their own behalf. Thoran wasn't stupid; I'm sure he would figure out exactly what it was I was asking of him.

I raised my glass and smiled, knowing the next moments would determine into which direction the last, tiny motes of doubt I yet harbored toward Thoran would be sent running.

"Suffice it to say that I sit here with a genuinely open mind," I finished, startled at the sudden realization that I meant every word of the final sentence I had just uttered.

--------------------

I am not a droid

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 12-28-2009 03:43 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“That’s good,” said Thoran. “You’re really going to need it. There are forces at work here beyond us, controlling us, playing with us.”

Thoran sat, his face earnest and non-threatened as he took in two deep breaths.

“I will tell you what I know,” he continued. “And what I fear. There are vast mysteries in the universe, of this you must be aware. You have seen in person one of those mysteries when I brought you through the Darker Realms to escape our captivity. That is a realm of existence that parallels our own, like a symbiotic twin. Neither realm can exist with the other. They are like two halves of a coin, one light and one dark.

“Countless ignorant cultures have created their own fabled versions of the Darker Realms, even suggesting a third realm of total light where the ‘good’ souls are taken upon death. The fact is that the races that were granted an immortal soul are indeed bound to return to the darkness, but not for reward or punishment. They simply go back home.”

Thoran paused and bit lightly on his lip. He tried to read Sorben’s reaction but the man was quite good at hiding his thoughts.

“Here is the really difficult part to put into words. I do not fully understand it myself, but I know enough. Galaxies upon galaxies float in the vastness of space. Each is populated with its own races, and each of these in turn are tied to the Darker Realms in their own way. You see, the Darker Realms has galaxies as well, it is just as vast as this universe.

“But there are beings that transcend these realms. I don’t know who they are or why they do what they do, but each galaxy is run – ‘owned’ if you will – by a number of these beings. Caretakers, perhaps? I’m sure some cultures would look to them as gods, and that is really closer to anything else I can offer. Our particular galaxy has caretakers are engaged in an enormous, epic game. Whether it is merely to pass the time or something vital to the way of running things, I don’t know. But each of the players uses the races of our galaxy to play out the moves in this game.

“I can imagine you think I am mad, but here this out as well. The races are given gifts. Think, look around, and you will see it. Those races deemed important to the caretakers – the races with souls – they are given things that can be used in this game. Intelligence, physical abilities, knowledge… they are granted as gifts and expected to be used. Move after move, you will see races come and go, all part of this game – pawns, that’s all we are. But we are content with that because we don’t know that’s what is happening.”

Thoran stopped and took a sip from a glass on the table. He then looked to Sorben again to see if there were any questions so far, or to gauge if his time was running out already.

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.219.114
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 12-28-2009 05:11 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stared Thoran straight in the eye, all the while using every bit of strength I possessed to keep my face utterly expressionless, my body totally still. For while yes, an innocent bystander would indeed more than likely leap to the obvious conclusion that the man before me was crazy as a wet nek, there was just something about his earnestness that translated itself to the fact that he was being completely honest with me. Not to mention the additional little fact that I'd experienced the horrors of the Darker Realms myself, twice in fact. And that was two times too many.

But Thoran was telling the truth, if indeed only as he knew it.

Only as he knew it...

Now, that brought up another interesting little tidbit. I leaned back in my seat, ran an idle finger around the rim of my glass again and continued to stare quietly into his face. I hoped the words I was about to speak wouldn't provoke him into putting up any unnecessary defenses; if what he was saying was indeed the truth, as I felt it to be, we as an entire galaxy of beings were going to have to unite ourselves against...

Against what, Sorben? Something that for all intents and purposes was little less than a god?

I sighed, and set my glass on the table.

"You seem privy to an awful lot of information concerning these Darker Realms, as well as these 'Caretakers,' as you call them," I rejoined since the man was obviously giving pause for me to speak.

"I would like to know just how it is you know so much about all that you've just revealed to me."

[ 12-28-2009 05:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Thoran

Really Nice Member

Member # 493

posted 03-23-2010 08:46 PM     Profile for Thoran   Author's Homepage   Email Thoran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Privy?” asked Thoran. “Cursed, is more like it. It’s not an honor to know of these things, and I’m sure I’ll pay for telling you about them. If you believe me or not. But I can’t really tell you how I know it, and have any chance at all of you believing or even understanding. You know about the Darker Realms, therefore you know that things exist beyond what humans can comprehend. Can you, for now at least, allow that to suffice? I’ll try to explain at some later point, but right now we just don’t have the time.”

Thoran sat back and shook his head.

“You’re probably thinking I’m mad, but worried that I’m not. What can we do against these sorts of beings? Well, nothing really. We can’t fight them, nor should we really. But we can take steps to control our own moves, to not allow ourselves to be driven into senseless slaughter of each other at the whim of an immortal thing. Instead of fighting each other we can be united as one, something that has never been done before."

--------------------

Posts: 265 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 173.21.222.117
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 03-24-2010 11:00 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Impossible."

The word was out of my mouth before I had realized I had said it, so conditioned was I to the slings and arrows of the billions of beings inhabiting the Galaxy. At least generally speaking; for every sentient world we were aware of, I was certain there were dozens yet unfound, yet uncharted. Who in all the known Universe knew how they ran their lives; all I knew was how the populations of those worlds now coming under the auspices of the New Empire ran theirs.

The mandate had been "each to his or her own, but we're the uniting factor" from the beginning. I saw nothing wrong with this -- indeed, if I wished to remain in the position Actar had placed me in I sure as hell better not see anything wrong with it -- but in that seeing had plenty of opportunity to understand the workings of the great diversity of minds that were out there, all for the most part alien to each other.

Yeah, we humans had a foothold on some worlds... but at the moment it was merely that. What we called "the aliens" who managed the affairs of their world, who decided just how they would fit into the Grand Scheme of things in light of all the other worlds out there alien to them, all had different thought processes, different beliefs, different paradigms, just plain and simple differences that they used to identify themselves from the maddening horde.

How the hell would they all be able to unite into a solid whole, when more than likely each one had a very different universal view of what the "correct parameters" of that whole ought to be? Who set the standard?

These... Caretakers?

I shook my head, took a drink, set my glass down carefully upon the tabletop.

"I don't know," I went on, surprising myself with the honesty that I was directing against this Sith who seemed to know more about things than anyone I had ever met.

Even Galen, and that woman got her nose into more nooks and crannies...!

I thrust that thought aside, concentrated on what Thoran was saying.

"All right," I said suddenly, switching rontos in mid-stream.

"Let us assume that what you are saying is the best thing that should be obtained for the welfare of everyone in the Galaxy; hell, for every living thing in the entire damned Universe. Do you have any idea how difficult this is going to be? How the hell is this going to happen? Attempts at getting the attention of different worlds just for starters usually involve some sort of swift but short punitive measures, followed by obvious attempts to let them run their own lives, but lives now altered with the knowledge that there is another player involved in their private little world-life.

"This is exactly what Actar did, and what we are continuing to do! Don't you see that? And unless you have any other great notions about it, this is the only way I can see to continue on, just as Actar mandated. Unfortunately, in the early phases this is something that most beings instinctively react to as being war, or invasion; we need time for them to realize that is not what we're about."

An unsettling feeling suddenly crept over me that this, although being how I was viewing Actar's actions, how I hoped them to truly be, might in actuality not be his battleplan at all. Perhaps he was really out to become another Palpatine... just one who was a bit more sugary, relatively speaking, than the former Real McCoy.

I shook myself mentally, went on.

"Time is something you say we are running short of. So... any suggestions you might have in this arena would not only be taken in the utmost seriousness by me, but indeed would be greatly appreciated."

[ 03-24-2010 11:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 05-31-2010 06:25 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kani waited patiently outside the mess hall, the General gave her no instructions outside of the stand by for the shuttle and alert him when it arrives. By that same token she did not take it as do nothing but alert me when the shuttle arrives, she had taken it upon herself to assume command of his honor guard standing by in case his guest were to try something. Besides that she had the personnel files for the entire base at her disposal and that of the remaining task force in orbit. Besides her billet in official capacity as the General’s Special Operations Officer she also had her black ops team to form and train for anything the General needed taken care of, off of the books.

Most of the bases personnel left much to be desired, it seemed as if this was where the empire sent all its washouts it did not want to deal with elsewhere. The blockade while a step up but many did not have what it took to keep up with her let alone the average Mandalorian. There was one candidate that stood out, a Sergeant who was a former 501st, some of the most elite stormtroopers the empire had to offer. This particular Sergeant had an impressive record as a Designated Marksmen while attached to the 501st, that is until he was injured and lost his non-dominate eye in a botched operation. He refused a prosthetic claiming another could better use the empire’s resources, in response he was reassigned to the blockades commanders Personal Security Detachment. Kani knew she would need him in her team, using her new found authority from the General’s office she wrote up new orders reassigning the Sergeant from his current assignment to her personal staff. Once prepared she opened a channel to the flagship of the blockade and was connected with the blockaded commanders staff.

“Task Force Tatooine this is Major Kanti over,” Said Kani.

“Major Kanti this is Task Force Tatooine go ahead,” answered the voice over the comm..

“By order of General Sorban trooper IC-889 is released from his present duties and reassigned to my command,” continued Kani. “I am transmitting orders to confirm have a shuttle prepped and transport him to the surface within one hour, acknowledge receipt of orders.”

“Acknowledge receipt of orders,” answered the comm. “But the Captain is pissed you are suddenly taking his men.”

“They are not his men,” Snapped Kani. “They are the Empires men, and right now the General is third in command of the Empires military so it makes it his men. If your Captain has a problem with it he can take it up with the General for all I care, but in the end IC-889 is coming with us. Major Kanti Out.”

Posts: 100 | From: | Registered: Sep 2009  |  Logged: 96.10.58.62
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-12-2010 11:56 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Shawn enters the thread from Another Shade of All in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forums.)))

As the little TIE fighter Shawn had been given reverted to realspace and the sensors began to alert him to this, Shawn snapped out of his meditation. Although he could not meditate with the Force as his ally, he certainly could still use the techniques he had long been taught to establish the same tranquility and mind state. And for the time being, Shawn felt it was of the utmost importance to do exactly that...

...and to share with any others that might be out there that this was still possible. For whether or not they could feel the Force, Shawn believed it was still out there...

...and he also felt that perhaps learning to live without its connection was key to reestablishing the connection once more.

Stretching slightly, Shawn let his greeny-blue eyes adjust to reality and focus on the TIE fighter's small navboard. The monitor read a small blockade of ships around the planet, which didn't really surprise Shawn. He keyed in a general comm frequency so all could hear him, and hopefully they would help him out. For the moment, Shawn wasn't certain if getting passage to Tatooine was the first logical step, however. He didn't know if there were even any developments regarding the construction of a new Jedi Praxeum...

...and he was certain that it was lacking in teachers and students. This needed to change, and soon.

"Imperial blockade, this is Jedi Shawn Petrolu, requesting regarding the Jedi Praxeum construction. I fear little has been done, and not due any negligance on your part...

...but due to that of the remaining Jedi who are willing to step forward. I have information the Jedi out there need to be made aware of, as well as the galaxy in general. I desperately need to speak with someone in authority...

...and as soon as possible."

Leaving his message at that, Shawn pressed the send button which would deliever his words across a general frequency that anyone could pick up. And he waited.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
Kani Jetiis'ad

Member # 944

posted 06-12-2010 11:19 PM     Profile for Kani Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kani Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It seemed no sooner than Kani closed her comm link with the blockade commander that another one opened. She was about to yell in frustration at her orders being questioned when a message came through not from the blockade but on a general frequency.

"Imperial blockade, this is Jedi Shawn Petrolu, requesting regarding the Jedi Praxeum construction. I fear little has been done, and not due any negligance on your part...

...but due to that of the remaining Jedi who are willing to step forward. I have information the Jedi out there need to be made aware of, as well as the galaxy in general. I desperately need to speak with someone in authority...

...and as soon as possible."

Kani ground her teeth in anger at the very word Jedi.

Jetiise scum, you betrayed your own beliefs and tried to enslave the galaxy. The empire had no choice but to try and stop you, then when my mother tried to convince your remaining forces of your folly you killed her in cold blood and spread your lies how it was Admiral Actar attacked you, and you did nothing wrong, then how my mother was killed by the empire. But I have learned the truth.

Kani wanted to order the blockade commander to blow the ship right out of the sky or better yet capture it so she could kill the Jedi slowly, but she remembered her duty was first and foremost to the empire. She opened a comm link first to the blockade and ordered a squadron to fly out and escort the craft in. Then she opened a link to the craft itself on the same frequency it transmitted on.

“Jedi vessel,” Kani began. “This is Major Kanti, I am sending a squadron to escort your craft in planet side to our space port on Tatooine. I will deliver you message to General Sorban, who will see you whenever he sees fit. Failure to follow our instructions will be considered an act of aggression against the empire.”

Closing the link Kani copied the text of the Jedi's original message to a data pad. Entering the mess Kani walked up to the General’s table which he shared with a being who even she could not identify the species. Ignoring the General’s guest Kani held out the data pad for the General.

“General, an unknown vessel just dropped out of hyperspace outside of our blockade and transmitted the following message. I am having a dispatched a squadron to escort it in, what should I do with him when he lands?”

Kani waited until the General took the datapad and caught the General’s guest starring at her and her mother’s lightsaber, which only caused her to grip it tighter.

Posts: 100 | From: | Registered: Sep 2009  |  Logged: 96.10.58.62
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 06-13-2010 01:17 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Force or no, Shawn clearly heard the disgust in Major Kani's tone. He frowned a bit, wondering just what its origin was...

...then settled on finding out if and when the opportunity arose for him to do so. As a squadron of Imperial fighters--ones which were quite obviously much newer and sleeker than the one he was flying--formed up around him, Shawn set himself to the task of landing as he was guided to atmosphere in the spaceport as Kani had directed. As the TIE figher settled and Shawn began to cool its engines, he retrieved a datapadd containing the images he had taken when he departed Khar Delba. Popping the hatch to the fighter, Shawn departed it rather effortlessly, as though he had been confined in a solitary space for a short amount of time rather than several days (aside from the TIE's hyperdrive being much smaller than a usual ship, its age also meant the drive was far slower than newer models).

Shawn was not surprised that he was greeted with guards who would no doubt lead him where he would be required to wait to speak with the Lt. General. He was somewhat concerned, however, at the way some of them eyed the lightsaber on his belt.

Even after all this time, people still have hesitations regarding the true intentions of the Jedi, Shawn thought sadly. I fear they will view the Sith in much the same manner...

Placing these thoughts aside, Shawn nodded in respect to the one who seemed to be in the lead and waited to see if anyone would address him at all and where he would be directed next.

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 76.122.53.74
The All

Member # 144

posted 06-14-2010 11:20 AM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Cross-over from Where Will You Go? in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

That which some have come to think of as Which Was reared its wonderful one-ness back into the omnipotent non-ness of what it was/wasn't; cradled its quite unique non-ness into the accepting arms of the all-encompassing one-ness and let go a little, virtual smile. It took a look about its non-self, taking in the grandeur of ALL there was, the ALL of which some little portions of it were now being allowed to awaken to the fact that their gradually progressing perceptions of it were on the right track.

There was a time Man thought HE was the center of it all. In response to that silliness time was given; Man then thought his little celestial body was. Then his little stellar; oh, such wonderful beings those stellars. Perhaps one day their language would finally be deciphered by the other pieces at play.

He/she/it shook a figurative head, smiled more smugly at the Progression Of Things, which albeit slow was at least on an accurate track.

One day those little motes awoke to the fact that there was more, oh indeed quite more; their tunneled little view expanded its paradigms and took a leap of faith.

Stellars existed, vast quantities of them in wonderful pin-wheeling units. At first only each individual one was recognized by the motes inhabiting it, but slowly, bit by bit, in a manner yet evolving, each little bit grew cognizant of the fact that there were more, there were hundreds, millions, billions of those units, each in turn encompassing billions of stellar brothers.

That the stellars were the true Life of the Universe was not yet understood by the little motes dwelling in the All-ness; it was enough that they now looked out toward a universe with tiny eyes that were gradually opening in recognition of the fact that perhaps the better term was in fact Universes...

"Hey, unfair move! That's partiality!" The cry from him/her/itself came from behind him/her/itself.

That-Which-Was took up some stuff of what is, coalesed it into the brilliant ultraviolet-and-chrome Eyes of which he/she/it had become quite fond, and cast them behind his/her/itself.

A figurative sigh was heaved.

"We hoped we wouldn't have noticed..." it non-said, then muttered in further rejoinder, "But a fair move had been made."

Nothing back but a snort; he/she/it sighed, and then waved a figurative hand.

The fabric of Stuff which wove together existence of both forms, be it living or non, rippled, gathered into an immensely tiny little bunch, and exploded outward in the virtual equivalent of a Big Bang.

Here and there certain motes began waking up, some in surprise, some with regret, but one by one those certain few began to wake up as if from a deep slumber.

The Other still wasn't satisfied. "We're not just giving it away!" it protested, the non-words loud and born in total effrontery.

That-Which-Was merely snorted.

"Of course not. Balance must be maintained; it must always be maintained. We know that, and some of us still know it at different degrees, at different levels than others.

"We'll see now..."

The Other muttered beneath its non-breath. "We still think you're making up the Rules as you go along! But we'll wait.

"Now let us think..."

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 06-29-2010 01:51 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Message coming from Where Will You Go in CSWU to Shawn Petrolu, thank you)))

"Jedi Petrolu, this is Jedi Master Jetiis’ad. Not long ago my apprentice felt something is the Force. Due to circumstances that would take too long to explain over such a means of communication I need to know if you have felt anything through the Force as well."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 173.133.118.74

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e