my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Dark Destiny (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dark Destiny
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 11-22-2006 09:44 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OOC: This thread continues from Behold a Pale Rider in this same forum, thank you.)))

Cardissa nodded once to the Imperial fighter. "Cardissa Mitra," she said, introducing herself, then extending a hand, palm upward, towards the Golden Galaxy.

"One of the finer dining establishments of this otherwise harsh planet. We can find a nice quiet room to discuss my information..."

She trailed, eyeing Rico, "And for you to clean up. I hope what I have to reveal to you will be something of interest to your superiors as well," she then stated smoothly, now tilting her head towards the Golden Galaxy. "Shall we?"

--------------------

Never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who is interested in you. ~~Magneto, XMen II

"You rely on cunning, intrigue. I prefer the direct approach." Diana, V

Posts: 75 | From: Somewhere, scheming | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 11-22-2006 09:52 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The squadron leader made no verbal reply to Cardissa's smooth invitation, but merely nodded his helmeted head toward her in an obliging manner. But behind his blacked visor...

Now, that was another matter.

Toggling a switch with his chin, he opened up a private, scrambled line to his men, and informed them of the immediate intentions of Cardissa and those who were with her. Closing the communication then, he merely stood quietly, waiting for someone to move out ahead of him.

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 11-22-2006 10:18 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cardissa took the lead easily, motioning for everyone else to follow as she then guided them to the doorway of the establishment directly in front of them. As they approached, the doors, automatic, slid open, revealing a quite opulent entry way, floored with plush carpet. On the walls were various pieces of artwork from various cultures and planets. A host approached them.

"Table for five please, in a private dining area," she told him. The host then turned to a waitress, who in turn glanced at availabilities before motioning them to follow her as she took them to a room enclosed by a large greelwood door. Opening that door, she revealed a small room with decorated in a similar fashion to the reception area, only it contained a large greelwood table in its center. She motioned for everyone to take a seat, took drink orders, and then departed, leaving all to wait.

"I've been to this establishment on Kati'shyn frequently, during my studies while I grew up. My father felt by visiting many worlds, I would be educated in knowing the great varieties of civilization in this galaxy."

She paused at that, looking to the Imperial fighter. "I am still finding out about new worlds nevertheless," she continued with. "As an educated individual with a wealthy background, I've taken it upon myself to fund research in various locations, near and far, especially since my home planet of Fierre was destroyed. It is some of the findings which my team has brought to my attention which bring me to this planet now...

...and lead me to have this discussion with you now as well."

--------------------

Never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who is interested in you. ~~Magneto, XMen II

Posts: 75 | From: Somewhere, scheming | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 11-22-2006 10:23 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The squadron leader merely nodded again, remaining stiffly silent in his seat, growing more uncomfortable by the moment that he was indeed sitting and wanting nothing more than to leap to his feet and stand in decent attention, watching and waiting.

But the lady insisted he sit; to oblige her, and to thus learn as much as he could, he forced himself to remain where he was.

But he drew the line at small talk, which was what he considered the one-sided conversation to be thus far.

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 11-22-2006 10:34 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As the Imperial nodded, the waitress returned to bring their drinks, then offering to take any orders. Cardissa raised a hand to stop her from doing so, at least for the moment. "Please, not yet," she said calmly. The waitress nodded, departing then. Cardissa's eyes returned to the pilot. "One of the many of my researchers came upon a drawing of a ship, a very special ship, with proposed abilities I've never dreamed of. I had intended to send a team to the place where the drawing was found, to research it further...

...but through some various intelligences have discovered that there is a blockade surrounding the world. I was hoping that we might come to some sort of arrangement, so that I and my team can get into those worlds...

...perhaps with the compromise that we would let the Empire know what we have found once we go there, if anything at all."

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 11-22-2006 11:26 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The squadron leader remained silent. But this time his demeanor loosened just a touch, for the one-sided conversation had quite suddenly taken a turn away from the mundane.

About one hundred and eighty degrees away from it, in fact.

Leaning forward just a bit to indicate his interest, he merely nodded toward Cardissa, indicating that she continue. Hidden beneath his helmet though, he once more toggled a switch, opening a scrambled link with the trooper he had ordered to remain aboard his fighter.

"Monitor and send whatever follows to Sormontato," he ordered tersely. Then he reached out with his tongue and flipped another switch, thus opening up his receiver that the trooper would be able to clearly hear and record anything further Cardissa might have to say.

--------------------

Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 11-22-2006 11:38 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The world is deep in the unknown regions, even deeper than we already are. I do not even know the name of the planet, if there is one...

...but I'm curious as to whether or not there are any of these ships there, and if there is any civilization there. The researcher I refer to provided no such information, and I feel this data must be acquired. If someone there had the ability to create the ships I speak of," she continued, looking towards Bon Foyagee, "Perhaps they had other wonderfully powerful technologies as well. My travelling companion has the drawing of the ship I refer to."

She paused, her gaze falling on the little blue furball. "Mr. Foyagee?"

--------------------

Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 11-23-2006 12:01 AM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bon began to fidget, I could almost feel his fur rising. I looked at him hard, and I swear he was about to burst. I couldn’t believe she was doing this to him. I mean, this little bluebell hated everything about the empire. He hated their power, he hated their ships, and I could pretty much assume he hated their uniforms too. I remembered him telling me about this discovery, and hoping to find ships that would give his new rebellion an upper hand. I bet it was all he could take just being here in the same room with this pilot.

What the heck was this lady doing?

Well, whatever it was, it was all about to go out the window because blueface here was about to go ballistic. I did the only thing I could.

“Hey, Bon, it’s all right,” I said, reaching my hand onto his shoulder. He jumped at my touch, and as I quickly felt for that certain spot in the back I turned my head to Cass.

“He’s having another episode. Call for some water and I’ll bring him out of it.”

I almost had it. I looked over at the helmeted pilot – how was he going to drink or eat in that thing? – and gave him an apologetic look.

“He has a weird little kind of blue fuzzball seizure thing, this tends to calm him.”

I had the nerve and twisted hard. Bon froze up like a Popsicle and settled down. I reached across with my other hand and slid the notebook over to me. I released Bon’s back and he slumped a little. Knowing he’d be more or less immobile for a few minutes, I opened the book and took out the picture he had traced earlier, and handed it to Cass.

“You know how he can get,” I said to her.

--------------------

I never fly faster than I can see, and besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 172.161.44.250
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 11-23-2006 12:10 AM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cardissa arched an eyebrow, then nodded, taking the drawing then handing it to the pilot.

"Any chance I could have some conversation with your superiors?" she queried then, having nothing further to say.

--------------------

General Ahem

Member # 341

posted 11-23-2006 12:15 AM     Profile for General Ahem   Author's Homepage   Email General Ahem     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in from Behold a Pale Rider in these forums, thank you))

General Ahem's conversation with Josiah was interrupted yet again as his desktop began bleeping quietly at him. This time he raised both a hand to the man in front of him as well as a brow to the words which were now scrolling across his screen.

Words, according to their subject header, that were coming to his ears from the surface of Kati'Shyyn, from an establishment there known as the Golden Galaxy.

He had never been to either the establishment or the world it was planted upon, but that didn't make him a whit less interested in the strange garble of words being reported to him. Frowning just the slightest, he opened a private communication with the squadron leader, and was soon privy to how and where the pilot had come to be where he was, as well as all that had gone on before he had decided to broadcast the one-sided conversation on to Sormontato.

A grim smile curled across his rugged face and he nodded absently toward the screen.

That one's on a short track to fast promotion, he couldn't help but think idly as he continued to watch the words scrolling along, Josiah Darksaber all but forgotten before him.

[ 11-23-2006 12:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by General Ahem ]

Posts: 63 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.116.135
Josiah DarkSaber

Member # 732

posted 12-06-2006 07:00 PM     Profile for Josiah DarkSaber   Author's Homepage   Email Josiah DarkSaber     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"General, perhaps this meeting could be benificial to the both of us."

I took one of the chair in front of the generals desk and took a seat.

"Like I said before I was bored when I blasted off the planet, ever since I've retired from active service I have been without the means to futher my goals. So I have resorted to selling customized weapons. All done leagaly with the proper documentation I assure you, I take great pride in my work."

"However with the conficts as of late orders in the private sector have been lacking as of late, many people perfer weapons now with the view of quantity over quality."

I gave a brief pause to let my words take effect and to catch my breath.

"I can tell that your a man of charecter, as the level of discipline your men display is second to none. Not one of them are suprised by a human with a mutation that makes him appear as a demon. I have many things I can offer the empire, weapon designs, training in how to use them... but I have a project that I'm working on that could benifit us both, one that I have devoted the last 15 years of my life on... Interested."

Posts: 17 | From: | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 65.184.238.14
Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 12-27-2006 02:48 PM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched the pilot take the paper and look at it. At least, I thought he was looking at it, hard to tell with the stupid helmet on. I wasn’t too thrilled that he had it, but if could buy us passage then I guess it was all right.

Or was it?

I mean, here we were, sittin’ down and showin’ hospitality to a guy that was working for the brute squad of the galaxy. I mean, I had nothin’ against the Empire personally, even did some work running stuff for them sometimes, but this was gettin’ a bit, well, stifling.

Several seconds ticked by, and I just that goon was talking into his helmet to someone else. That was so damn rude! Before I burst I had to say something, anything.

“So,” I said. “Whatcha think, there, buddy? Pretty wacky design, wouldn’t you say?”

--------------------

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 12.106.111.10
General Ahem

Member # 341

posted 12-27-2006 03:56 PM     Profile for General Ahem   Author's Homepage   Email General Ahem     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In his ready room aboard Sormontato, Ahem frowned. He hadn't risen to the rank he held by being foolish, nor by taking appearances at their face value.

Holding up a hand to put on hold anything else Darksaber might have to say, he directed his full attention to the continuing transmissions from Kati'shyyn. After reading for awhile, he pulled out a keyboard, typed in a reply:

Ascertain why my presence is being requested, he sent off, then turned to the impatiently waiting Josiah.

"Forgive me, but something has arisen which has momentarily taken command of my full attention. But now, sir, it is yours."

Blanking his monitor, he folded his hands atop his desk and leaned toward Darksaber.

"Might I inquire as to this rather grand... project of yours, that has taken up so much of your time over the years?" he asked politely.

Posts: 63 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 12-27-2006 04:09 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The trooper took one look at the image on the paper he held... then before anyone could say or do anything he flipped another switch. Next to the visor on his formidable looking helm, a tiny lenscap cycled open. He then held the tracing up to the lens, moved his tongue to flick another switrh...

...and the minaturized digital cameral took what might prove to be the most damning photo it ever had.

Once he was certain the image had uploaded to Sormontato, he held the tracing back to Cardissa.

"Miss," he said, stiffly but politely; conversation after all was not his forte. But he had his orders; stiffening to attention in the seat, he continued.

"The General is a most busy man, ma'am; he does not have the time to speak with each individual who asks, no matter how--"

He paused, searching for words.

"Pretty," he ended.

An uncomfortable pause ensued, one in which the silent blueberry began to fill with a series of awakening squalls. The trooper cocked his head fractionally toward him.

"Silence him," he ordered, before turning at length to Rico.

"What I think of the image is irrelevant," he said simply before turning back at last to Cardissa.

"As I was saying, ma'am, the General is a most busy man. He sends others to ascertain whether those who wish to speak with him and what they have to speak about have merit to do so."

He twitched, smiling coldly behind the enigma of his visor.

"Call it a weeding out process."

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 12-27-2006 07:31 PM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Well, then can we get weeded out so we can be on our way?” I said, maybe a little too impatiently. But dab nabbit, I was tired of sitting here already, and the food wasn’t even here.

All right, maybe that was a bit too sudden. I tried to smooth it over.

“Look,” I said, pressing the nerve on Bluebell again. “We’ve just been waiting a long time to get where we are now, and I’m not fond of being in port. A spacer like you should know what I mean, right? We don’t mean to impose on his majesty the General or anything, but you can see that this is pretty cool stuff here, right? All we’re asking is permission to go research it. We’ll share the results!”

Well, duh, they’d expect that.

I really started to get a bad feeling about this.

--------------------

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 12.217.207.196
Josiah DarkSaber

Member # 732

posted 12-29-2006 08:28 AM     Profile for Josiah DarkSaber   Author's Homepage   Email Josiah DarkSaber     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I took out a small holo pad and set it on the table and proceded to activate it reveling what appeared to be a young woman.

"This is the design for an enhanced human-replica droid. It is undetectable by even the most sophisticated medical scanners and even will fool most jedi dure to its presence in the force."

Sticking a few keys on my data pad the image shifted to a more technical readout.

"It accomplishes this feat through its design. Current designs use a sythaflesh layer to simulate life signs to fool scanners. Although there are ways to detect this, current models have a body tempture about 10 degress cooler then the average human and the useing cell aging it can tell if a 27 year old looking human replica droid has 3 old sythaflesh."

"I have found a way to fool all these sensors. Using Sparti cloning chambers we can selectively grow what flesh we need and atrificialy age it to appear the correct age. This also makes a body tempture consistant with most humans."

"The finishing touch was how to fool a jedi, they would obiously be fooled by a human with no presence in the force. Using the method of entrenching a human mind can be uploaded into one of these droid bodies and will have a faint presence in the force, not like a jedi's but more like you or I."

I tapped a button on the holo pad and the image vanished.

"Think about it General, this is a small overview of the entire process but the aplication is enormous. You could have the most supieroir special forces in the galaxy that could even take on most jedi or even sith. You could even obtain immortality. And I will give this to you in exchange for a very small fee."

Posts: 17 | From: | Registered: May 2006  |  Logged: 138.162.128.52
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 01-14-2007 05:01 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cardissa's look hardened. Waiters and waitresses arrived to deliver food and drinks, and for a long moment not a word was said.

But Cardissa had had quite enough.

"Very well then,” Cardissa said evenly enough. “I trust that the information I have given you will be quite enough to prompt your superiors to speak with me in time,” she continued, much to the chagrin of her companions. “But you will understand, of course, that my team and I in the meantime will continue our research...

…one way or another.”

Pausing at that, if for effect or not, Cardissa took a long sip of the drink now before her, her dark black eyes all the while staring through the lenses of the trooper’s helmet.

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 01-14-2007 09:41 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The trooper met that stare, hardness for hardness, keeping his own eyes steadily to Cardissa's even though he knew she could not see his through his visor. He remained stiffly silent for a moment longer, waiting for any instruction from Sormontato until the lengthening silence from that ship led him to the conclusion that his superiors approved of his current path of action.

Therefore, he reasoned further, he was given leave to continue dealing with the situation in an autonomous manner.

"I believe in order for you to capture the General's full attention, it's going to take more than a mere caricature sketch and speculation," he finally said. He shifted a bit in his seat, giving forth the impression that at any moment he would rise and take his leave from them.

[ 01-14-2007 09:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 01-14-2007 09:54 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"And yet you see the need to blockade the world where this ship was purported to have been seen," she answered flatly. "If you would allow us admittance to investigate further...

...while remaining in contact with you of course...

...then maybe we can verify these claims."

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 01-14-2007 10:06 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The squad leader remained absolutely still.

"And now, dear lady, if you would be so kind as to reveal to me exactly why we should let you through our blockade, when we now have all the information necessary to research this ourselves?" he asked simply, then falling silent once again.

Unseen by the others, his lip curled into a tight little smile.

[ 01-14-2007 10:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 01-14-2007 10:19 PM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Right,” I said, slapping my hand lightly on the table. “Look, Cass, I think this has all gone on too long. Leave a number where they can reach us if they decide they want some help, and let’s just leave it that. If they want to do this themselves, then hey.”

I looked at the pilot, wanting to say something but thinking better of it.

Ah hell, let’s say it anyway.

“I don’t get why you are so suspicious and all,” I said. “I mean, what’s the deal? All we’re asking is permission to do some research in an area you seem to have control over. If it’s an off-limits place then just say so and we’ll leave it alone. Hell, I wouldn’t want to piss you guys off, I’m just trying to do the job I get paid for. So, hey, sorry. No chance of talking to anyone else at all?”

--------------------

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 01-14-2007 10:34 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The trooper now turned toward Rico, the smile behind his helmet tightening even futher.

"There are reasons for what we do; if a world is blockaded, it would be wise for one to be as far from it as possible."

Now he did rise to his feet, wavering with the idea of bringing them up to Sormontato anyway; all this interest in a world the Empire was keeping tabs upon certainly could bode no good.

But-- there was the other side of the coin to consider, and that was the simple fact that Admiral Actar wished nothing more than to bring order to chaos, and well being to all. Acting in a manner that shadowed the Empire of Palpatine's day would not go very far in erasing old suspicions and fears.

"I suggest you remain distant from this world, Ma'am. If it bears no name, one can only deduce that it is one unknown to us, and quite possibly dangerous. Trust me when I say the New Empire wishes only the best for its citizens; I can only believe this blockade is placed where it is to prevent injury or death to anyone, and if any threat should arise from it, that threat would impact upon soldiers trained to deal with such."

He bowed stiffly from the waist, marveling to himself for his sudden burst of fluency.

"In leaving, may I suggest further that it would behoove you to remain in contact with us. And now--

"Lady, gentlemen..."

With that he whirled in a crisp military about-face and began walking to the door of the establishment, typing in an order that every identifiable marking of Cardissa's ship they could ascertain be logged in the memory banks of their computers, that if they ever came across it again it would be easily recognized.

A standard protocol, after all...

[ 01-14-2007 10:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Cardissa Mitra

Member # 731

posted 01-14-2007 10:43 PM     Profile for Cardissa Mitra   Author's Homepage   Email Cardissa Mitra     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something dark flickered in Cardissa's eyes, then faded. "I am the daughter of Tigris and the grandchild of Hethrir and Rillao," she commented almost off-handedly at to the trooper's back. "My heritage brings along with it vast resources...

...and great knowledge. If there is the possibility of such a dangerous threat to the galaxy that it would require blockading an entire system with ships, then perhaps I have more to offer you than merely a team who would like to go and research on that world."

--------------------

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 01-14-2007 10:47 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The trooper stopped in his tracks, cocking his head fractionally but not turning round to face Cardissa properly.

"We shall keep that information in mind, and thank you for it, Lady," he said then continued toward the door, his smile growing broader and more satisfied with every step he took.

--------------------

Rico Riven

Member # 603

posted 01-14-2007 10:49 PM     Profile for Rico Riven   Author's Homepage   Email Rico Riven     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I let go of Bluebell and put my hand gently over Cass’ mouth.

“Sorry, boss, but don’t say another word,” I said so very quietly. “This ain’t no stupid grunt we’re dealing with here, cut our losses and let him get out of here.”

[ 01-14-2007 10:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rico Riven ]

--------------------

Posts: 107 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e