my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » ...and Straight on til Morning

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: ...and Straight on til Morning
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-13-2003 08:29 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Continues from ...and Whether Neks Have Wings in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum.)))

Even as the Supernova sped off into the realms of hyperspace and totally out of the system of Khar Delba, an overwhelming sense of something swept over Shayla, much like the feeling she had back on Sullust when she and Erik first came upon Panthar Dantares. Whatever it was it was so powerful that Shayla found it difficult to even breath...

What in the name of the Fates...?

With effort Shayla stiffened, keeping herself from crumpling over onto the navboard of the freighter. And it was then that once more a vision of something glowing bright red clouded her eyesight, almost literally blinding her for a moment.

Even as the Supernova's navcomputer began counting down the seconds to reversion, Shayla couldn't help but gasp one simple question. "Wh...what is this power I sense sometimes when I am near you...?"

And though her eyes were directed towards no one in particular, it was clear the question was meant for Panthar Dantares.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-13-2003 08:53 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar flexed his biceps. “Pure clean livin’ and daily workouts, ma’am. THat's what you're feeling.”

The irritated cough from Erik brought down Panthar’s arms. He looked at the two people sheepishly. THen he brightened.

“I, uh, never got a chance to finish my story back there. There are some things you need to know before we move on, I think. Now, I told you that these two spirits jumped into me, right? Well, like I said, the one guy, Phalomir, just takes control when he wants, which is most of the time. Although I think now he is concentrating on keeping us hidden. He’s a sorcerer of some type, did I mention that? Well, anyway, he pulled out this big crystal yesterday and shoved it inside of me, just whoosh and there it went into my gut. He called the Eye of Rubicks… or Roosh… or something. Anyway, it’s alive or something because it talks. Then we killed that Dark Lord and now he’s in here somewhere, too, I think. I gotta tell ya, it’s getting’ crowded.”

Panthar sat back and took in a deep breath.

“So, that’s my story. I think Phalomir better explain the rest from here. He’ll be done in a minute, he said he’s doing something about adjusting for time differentials and stuff like that, computing coordinates for a place called Khar Delba… that’s where we need to go. Ever heard of it?”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.220
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-13-2003 09:01 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eyes wide, Shayla shook her head, her eyes only for Dantares. "No, never heard of it...

...at least I don't think so. I really don't have a clue what I've heard of and what I haven't anymore, the way my mind is blank lately."

She paused then, another part of Dantares tale slamming home. "It was you who killed that Dark Lord...?" she questioned suddenly, unable to say anything further.

And she didn't have to, for her husband, who had been taking care of the business of getting them back into realspace, added his two cents worth to the mix. "How... convenient of you not to mention that while it was our necks on the line for it..."

[ 07-13-2003 09:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-13-2003 09:12 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“Well, I wasn’t in charge back then. And I’m sure Phalomir had a good reason to not mention it. Maybe it was the secret messages that little… oooo… Jharmeen was sending him. I kinda got a little fried myself during that experience, that Eye thing just swelled up big hunk of power, like a giant loogie, and let go. It sucked stuff out of her, and blasted the big guy with it. But that was after that big guy tried to suck us into the floor, and his freaky female tried to get us too. But the Eye or Phalomir or something took care of all that. It has something to do with that power they all seem to have, but it’s different. Like a valve.”

“Anyway, I think maybe those two, Phalomir and Thoran, were sent here for some kind of mission. You know, like agents? Put in cold storage until the time came for them to act? Come on, don’t you read? Anyway, he’ll tell you more in a minute. Or maybe not, he’s a little secretive.”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 207.32.63.220
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 07-13-2003 09:24 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik leveled a serious brown-eyed look at Panthar, not saying anything for a long moment. Then, "Well, in that your friend is not unlike the Sith we encountered on K'eel Doba. But look buddy, if you intend for us to assist you any further, it's time we get some answers regarding just what you are up to. This is obviously risky business, and this power you have seems to be adversely affecting my wife. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to request that you let us know just what it is we will be getting into if we continue helping you...

...that is if we see that it is even worth our getting into after being informed."

At that Erik fell silent, clearly sensing the arched eyebrow Shayla was sending in his direction while he waited for whatever reply Panthar...

...or his pal Phalomir...

...might give. Even so, he remained firm, unwilling to budge for, Corellian or not, the safety of his wife was one thing he wasn't willing to take a chance on...

[ 07-13-2003 09:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 68.19.230.227
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-14-2003 06:45 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Panthar looked at Erik, eyes narrowing.

“Well,” he said. “If you think it’s not worth it to you, then I’ll pay you for your time and you can drop us…me off at the nearest – safe -- port. But talk to Phalomir first, he’s not so bad. He’s done. See ya!”

Panthar’s eyes widened slightly. Then he looked around, eyes stopping briefly on Shayla, then going back to Erik.

“I am Phalomir. First, allow me to apologize for the… intense… experience you both have gone through the past two days. If I could take it back, I would. But please understand that I too underwent some rather trying times in the past few days, and I think now I understand enough to formulate a plan.

“What I am about to tell you will be difficult to comprehend, even after the wonderful setup that Panthar gave you. But please, hear me out. I am the son of Trelanicus, a Dark Lord of the Sith Sorcerers. He was the keeper of a power, the architect if you will. It was extremely powerful, and he chose to never reveal it rather than deal with the consequences. In his day, the other Dark Lords wished to establish trade with another group of beings, known only as the Dark Warriors. It is a long story which I will spare you, but he learned of treachery within the upper ranks of the Sith to steal the power and use it with this other group. He escaped with his work to a remote planet.

“The work was encased within a crystal, known then as the Eye of R’lous. He modified it somehow… I will not go into detail at this time. He was tracked down and killed. But, before that, he laid plans into the crystal and hid it away. He had meant to hide it with the Tun… on Sullust… but was interrupted. What he was forced to do was… was…”

Phalomir paused and wiped a tear away.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-14-2003 07:57 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla couldn't help but listen intently, her interest piqued to say the very least. Though she didn't understand it, the information smuggler within her yearned to learn and know more. And something else deep within her--

--so deep in fact, she wasn't quite aware of it--

--yearned to know if perhaps this was something she could help with. And after all, she had little memory of the past couple of years...

...so what else was there for her to do?

Somewhere even deeper inside, something in Shayla's very heart of hearts cried out in sadness. But she wasn't at all aware of it; not at the moment. So instead she leaned forward a bit, keenly entranced in Phalomir's tale.

"What was it he had to do...?" she queried quietly and then fell silent once more.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-14-2003 08:47 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
‘My father planned to push his spirit into the Eye and wait until the time was right to return. But the plans were ruined, and in order to try to protect me and leave some hope for success he did a very difficult thing for both of us. I and my squire, Thoran, had our spirits removed from our bodies and placed inside the Eye. Our bodies were turned to stone, and another squire escaped with them to go to Sullust. As my father tried to escape with the Eye, he was mortally wounded. He managed to retreat to in an inner chamber, and sealed it with a rockslide. There he died, and there we waited in the crystal.”

Phalomir sighed.

“For 4500 years.”

He looked up at the couple. “Thoran protected me, using the power in the crystal he kept me asleep. He remained in constant vigil over me, and the years of that drove him mad. Finally, one day someone opened the chamber and touched the Eye, and we were both moved from the Eye and into Panthar. I was not fully cognizant of what had transpired and needed several days to achieve even this level of awareness. I believe you have already met Thoran, back on K’eel Doba.

“The Eye has a purpose, I do not yet understand it. However, it involves the survival of the Sith race and is of utmost import. I am in need to return to K’eel Doba in time, but first I must become complete. I must be Sith once again. K’eel Doba holds the answers, but I cannot return there in a human body. Which is where I need your help…”

[ 07-14-2003 08:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by patternghost ]

--------------------

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-14-2003 09:03 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
“I see by the looks on your faces that you are skeptical of what I ask,” Phalomir smiled.

“The statues you loaded are the bodies of myself and Thoran. I have information from the Eye on how to restore myself, but it must be done on Khar Delba, the planet of the Sorcerers. Once I am restored, the knowledge of how to revive Thoran should be available to me. I am told by the Eye it somehow involves you, dear lady.

“Once restored, the full power of the Eye should be available to me. If fortune is with me, Thoran and I shall be able to proceed on our own and you shall be free to go. I have entrusted Panthar with a large sum of currency which may be used for whatever the three of you deem necessary.”

“All I ask is passage to Khar Delba, and your assistance in restoring our spirits to our bodies.”

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-14-2003 09:12 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla couldn't help but momentarily glance over at her husband, somehow clearly aware he wasn't at all thrilled with the prospect of her being involved in the revival of someone who had been disembodied for 4,500 years. But she was so curious as to how she could possibly have anything to do with it...

..and even though she could see the hesitation and concern in her husband's eyes, she turned and looked directly at Panthar aka Phalomir. "We'll do it," she said. "But just one question..."

...where is Khar Delba...?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 07-16-2003 09:11 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A warm smile suddenly crossed Phalomir.

“Khar Delba is in the heart, and in the blood” he said, “traveling close to the soul as a lover in warmth of the night.”

He reached into his pack and pulled out a digital notepad. “It is also at these coordinates, if you prefer the less romantic version.” He made some notations and handed the device to Shayla.

“Khar Delba was my home for all of my natural life. Rarely did I have reason to travel away from it. We lived in the city of Choyapenthe, a magnificent wonderland in a world of wonders. In those days, my father would escape the populace and remove himself to a hidden home in the wilderness. He took me with him once, just before we went into hiding. It was there he performed his research, and it is to there I must now travel. It is a small area in the northern mountains, which even after all this time I would hope is still out of reach of the general populace. There will be a small clearing for landing, spaced between several peaks. The northern mountains are deep in the arctic wastelands, winds will be high and temperatures will be low. Do you think you can land this ship in such conditions? I will have powers available to assist you if need be.”

He leaned back. "I just hope the Eye is correct."

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 165.206.168.28
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 07-16-2003 07:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Keying in the coordinates she'd been given, Shayla snorted even as she heard Phalomir's query. She turned, eyeing him. "Of course I can land in those conditions," she said quite frankly. "I've landed in worse. We might want to check the back of the ship and see if there is any cold weather gear, however..."

Again she turned to the navboard, her fingers going to work once more, bringing the Supernova around in a smooth three-hundred and sixty degree turn. Then she reached for the hyperdrive lever, placed a hand on it, and spoke one final thing before pulling it. "Hold tight everyone...

...cause here we go again."

And with that she pulled the lever down and once more the stars of space splayed themselves out into the lines of hypertravel.

(((OCC: Follow Shayla, Erik, and Phalomir (aka PatternGhost) to Down the Rabbit Hole in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple, thank you.)))

[ 07-16-2003 08:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e