my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Rogue

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Rogue
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 06-30-2003 12:54 PM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
[I'm new here. This is my character's introduction thread. Just insert your character into the setting if you wish to.]

Cartar slitted his eyes, scanning the seedy canteena. Vapors of one sort or another wafted up and parted against the ceiling. A band played in the corner. Taking a sip from a mug of frothy, blue liquid, Cartar set it down on his table gently. He wore a black robe along the lines of what a Sith would wear. Its hood shadowed the grim features of his pale face. Cautiously he put a hand on the side of the cloak, feeling where his lightsaber hung. Slowly, he took another sip from his drink.
Grisum had had a close call. Darned Jedi... think they can control my future. We'll see about that, he thought angrily.
He had almost been killed, but now Gortankk was dead and Cartar was free. Those pieces of slag had thought they could take him as a boy and brainwash him into their way of thinking. Well, they had been wrong.
But, nonetheless, he sighed. Where was he going to go now? No way he was taking to the Sith, and the idea of the Jedi ever welcoming him back after what he had done was ridiculous. He'd just have to figure something out.
The cantina wasn't too packed. A droid tended the bar, and in the middle of the room three Rodians conversed at a small table. Grisum noted another human, relaxing at a barstool. Cartar chuckled to himself, Smuggler if I ever saw one.

[ 06-30-2003 12:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartar Grisum ]

--------------------

Do not "use the force." Manipulate it. Twist it. Contort it. That is when you shall learn to become a truly worthy adversary. --Cartar Grisum

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.75.8
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2003 03:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Greetings, Carter, and welcome to the Pod. It is usually best to insert your introductory post into an active thread, one in which it would be logical for your character to be. Otherwise you may be waiting a long time for people to jump into your "starter" thread, as their characters are all "busy" elsewhere.

In the event you have not already done so, please read the rules and regs and so on in RP HQ, and the story synopsis. This is "realtime" role play, not storytelling, so characters cannot be in two different threads (ie: places) at the same time.

Once again, welcome! Glad to have you here!))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 06-30-2003 04:06 PM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Thanks, Gray. I'll just move along to another thread. Do I need to connect Cartar's movement to another thread in character?))

--------------------

Do not "use the force." Manipulate it. Twist it. Contort it. That is when you shall learn to become a truly worthy adversary. --Cartar Grisum

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.66.207
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-30-2003 04:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Yes. All role play posts are in character. We have the RP HQ forums for OOC questions/chat/etc... but remember this is role play so collaboration with other authors is a no-no!

Let's see, I think there is still a Sullust thread open, and the Tatooine one is as well. It would be highly illogical for your character to pop into the Sith one, however.

Fnally, you need a character description before posting, thank you.))

[ 06-30-2003 04:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-01-2003 09:34 AM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
Sorry to continue to prod, but I'm still confused and can't find the answer on the website. This may seem like a moronic question (I don't know whether it is or not) but where do I put my character description? Do I write it in the thread I'm about to post on? Is there a special place for it?

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.71.26
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-01-2003 09:42 AM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
((OOC Doh! Doh, doh, doh! Doh! Sorry. As you can tell, I'm pretty newbyish to all this. I just found the char desc forum. Sorry to have bothered you. I'll shut up now and do things right))

--------------------

Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-01-2003 10:18 AM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
After his drink was finished, Carter stood from his seat and headed toward the character on the bar. He took a stool next to him.
"What's a fellow like yourself doing in a scumbag joint like this on Coruscant?" he asked.
The fellow gave him a look and went back to his drink. It took some working, but Grisum finally discovered that the fellow (who was indeed a smuggler, apparentely, and turned out to be convenientely headed for Tatooine... just the place a man on the lam like himself could get a job for some slum-lord or gangster-king). With the addition of a quite affordable fee, Cartar was hitched up for a trip in hyperspace the next day.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-01-2003 11:40 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Is this where you wish to actually introduce your character? There is no one free to join you here...))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-01-2003 01:53 PM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: I already started here and you said I had to connect my movement to Tatooine in character, so I just did. My character description tells about my past and look. Anyway, now there's a Coruscant thread. ))

--------------------

Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-01-2003 01:54 PM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
Woops, I didn't know that that "razz" smilie stuck its tongue out -- lol. Sorry there, I wasn't trying to be smart aleccy, just a mistake.))

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-01-2003 11:07 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Err... I WAS going to delete this whole thread after you made your character intro in an on-going thread... but if you plan on keeping in this one and waiting for someone to come along and join you, then I'll delete all the OOCs.

I'll wait until I see where you go next with this, but one way or another this is going to be altered or gotten rid of altogether.))

--------------------

Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-02-2003 10:55 AM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
I have no prob with you dishing this thread out the window. I've moved along to "Water on Tatooine." I was just a little confused at first as to how thing worked in this forum. My last RP forum website was substancially different. Sorry for the pain in the butt I've been causing. But if this is an illegitamite thread and I need more of an intro in "Water on Tatooine," you can just tell me. Sorry for the trouble.

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.75.121
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-02-2003 11:19 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Umm... this is NOT an illegitimate thread; I never said it was. I merely was pointing out that the other players would have no reason to come into this particular thread to role play with you, as they are elsewhere. I think you need to read the rules and regs: all threads are "realtime concurrent." That is, what is happening in one thread is happening roughly at the same time as in another; the two are separated spatially, not temporally.

Also, please keep in mind: something which has been well-developed over time here is the clear distinction between Sith and Dark Jedi. Dark Jedi = Palpatine, Vader, etc. Sith are a magical race overcome by Dark Jedi 4,000 years ago...

...but things are way different now. You can check out the info you need in descriptions and in the story synopsis.

[ 07-02-2003 11:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-02-2003 12:01 PM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
Basically what I'm asking is, "Do I need to do anything else now?" My character is in the "Water on Tatooine" thread. I've posted my character description. When you say intro were you referring to the description or what?

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.75.121
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-02-2003 01:26 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Beating dead horses is no fun.

Your entry into the current Tatooine thread is your introductory post. (Excluding the above in this thread, which is moot now.) By introductory we mean your character being introduced into role play. The description of your character, including any back history and so on, is in descriptions, which you have found.

Once again, all I was pointing out was the fact that if you introduced your character into role play by starting a new thread (which you did here) rather than by leaping into an open thread, which you have now done, you'd be waiting quite a while until someone managed to come along and join you.))

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Cartar Grisum

Member # 484

posted 07-02-2003 01:34 PM     Profile for Cartar Grisum   Author's Homepage   Email Cartar Grisum     Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Thank you, thank you, thank you. I understand now. I'm sorry for the hassle, please forgive me. *shuts up*

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 68.159.69.224
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-02-2003 01:50 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: End of the story!!! Welcome to our role play!!!))

--------------------

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e