my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » searching for facts (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: searching for facts
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 05-23-2003 11:32 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The ensign hounding the Todthund's radar snapped to a jittery attention in his seat, the motion capturing the attention of his captain. Jissel moved languidly over to the young man, and leaned over him somewhat casually.

"What have you there?" he asked of the excited man.

"Sir! A ship-- no, Sir; there are two ships departing Obra-skai, Sir!" He turned in his seat, directing dark eyes up into the darker ones of his superior.

"Shall I engage tractor, per General Orders?"

Jissel yawned, and scratched his nose. Leaning over the ensign's shoulder, he studied the screen carefully. Then he reached to a comm unit, and quickly hailed a base on-planet.

"This is Jissel on Todthund," he began smoothly. "We have imaged two small ships attaining planetfall in your location, and leaving shortly thereafter. Have you run into any troubles?"

He waited a moment or two for the officer on the other end to do some fast checking; then a voice crackled over the speakers.
"No, Captain Jissel," it staticked. "All is green here."

"Thank you, Obra-skai. Todthund, out."

He reared back and stretched.

"Negative, ensign," he finally ordered. "There is nothing untoward in progress. Scan both ships; obtain a full signature record of both, and send all data to CCHQ on Coruscant."

Leaving the ensign to his unenviable task the captain turned and left, heading for his ready room where some Darosian hot brew waited for him, as well as a quiet book.

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 05-24-2003 03:25 AM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Its a Dreadnaught alright. Xam, if we run into any trouble, let me take control of the ship. I m a very good pilot, even better than you i guess."

Ken waited as the menacing Dreadnaught drew closer....

Posts: 66 | From: unknnown | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 06:32 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Hey don't sweat it Ken. I can fly this baby well enough. But if i do need your help, I'll say so......They are scanning us....."

Although my stomach knotted up at the thought of an Imperial Dreadnaught, I felt that we could get by fine and without trouble.

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Ruhatt Luthan

Member # 441

posted 05-24-2003 08:13 AM     Profile for Ruhatt Luthan   Author's Homepage   Email Ruhatt Luthan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Just go right by its not going to bother with us, if it was it would have already done so, probably just reporting back to Hq. In other words, I think we should stay away from Imperial ships for a while. So, now that thats over where should we go now." Ruhatt said over the comm.

he passed the Imperial Dreadnught and thought.

Sometimes, I wish Jebbua was still here.

--------------------

"Never tell me the odds."

Posts: 73 | From: | Registered: Mar 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:43 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
" Do you know any place where I can get a mission with good pay? But first, I'll ask Ken if he has any other ideas".

--------------------

Ruhatt Luthan

Member # 441

posted 05-24-2003 07:47 PM     Profile for Ruhatt Luthan   Author's Homepage   Email Ruhatt Luthan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mission with good pay? ruhatt thought about for a minute before replying.

"Sorry can't help you there, but you're more than welcome to come with me. Where ever i go that is."

Ruhatt put in some cordinates on his nav. computer.

"i say we head back to Sullest and try to find that Capt Obvoius and see if he knows anyhting." Ruhatt stated.

He then waited to see if his friends would follow him.

--------------------

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 07:50 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ok, i wouldn't mind.....what about you Ken?"

--------------------

O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 05-24-2003 07:59 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So close to the truth.....

"Huh what? Oh ok, I wouldn't mind going back to Sullust.

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-24-2003 08:21 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Alright, meet you back at Sullust Ruhatt."

Xam activated the Hyperdrive and watched the Stars become streaks of light.....

Sullust here we come....again.

--------------------

Ruhatt Luthan

Member # 441

posted 05-24-2003 08:23 PM     Profile for Ruhatt Luthan   Author's Homepage   Email Ruhatt Luthan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ok then its settled back to Sullest we go." Ruhatt said.

He wanted until the cordinates were set and then pulled back the hyperspace lever.

Man, I wonder if we'll ever stop going from here to there so quickly. He thought.

(((OOC: Follow Ruhatt, Xam, and Ken back to the Stranded on Sullest thread in this same fourm. Thank you.)))

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-25-2003 09:49 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Coming from Water on Tatooine Lumbia, Lanlif and his two droids))

Lumbia pulled the lever as he exited the atomsphere of Tatooine. Heading into the world of hyperspace with his destination being Obroa-Skai. From his knowlege, it held the greatest galactic archive. The best historians on that planet as an extra resource as well. Their was no limit to their historical information on that planet, which was probably the reason why he was sent there in the first place.

The fact that he couldn't come back until he fulfilled the promise he made leaving the desert world of the Outer Rim. The promise to bring back any information he could get on that planet about the earliest Praxuem and the lessons that were to be taught to Jedi students.

These were key elements, but no bigger than the reason of the adventure. To find who he was and what he was seeking in life. This was a question that men searched for their whole life and he watched men grow old and poor on this very question on his homeworld of Urika.

Looking into his palm in the silence and sollitude of the cockpit, remembering all the deeds he took with it. The good, the bad, all very strong--but they were only done out of the posing position. He was not a Jedi, he wasn't even a Dark Jedi. He was just a boy, searching for adventure in a man's body.

A force-sensative one too...which made the burden of adventure even worst.

Yet, he was hungry for that adventure. He wanted it and resisting was only be in vain. Gnashing his teeth, he struck his eyes away from the image of his hand as he stood. Walking out of the cockpit, he headed for a quick rest before they exited hyperspace in Obroa-Skai system.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Lanlif Berayen

Member # 454

posted 05-25-2003 10:40 PM     Profile for Lanlif Berayen   Author's Homepage   Email Lanlif Berayen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was while Lumbia sat and sleep on the luxurious couches that Lanlif took his seat in the cockpit. He had recently been fiddling with some of the spices and found it was only salt. The furry had nearly overwhelm him, but his inherited curiosity consumed even his anger.

The unclearness of where they were heading when Lumbia told him it was a 'mission' from Shawn had intrigued him and now with Lumbia asleep he could fiddle around to find out exactly where they were heading. Staring at the nav board, he stared on auto-pilot destination. Overriding the password with his keen piloting and manufactoring ability to resort to, he found another blockade.

After a few moments of messing around he found the freights desire. It was the world of Obroa-Skai, placed in the expansion region. It was a fascinating place if you had never visited it's libary, but if you had it sucked away the interested. Yet, his curiosity managed to still get the better of him.

The reason of this mission was still unclear and when they landed he would have to find out why they were there.

Exactly when the auto-pilot was placed back on, the hyperspace alert signal was on. They were coming to the destination and would need to be prepared for their approach. Heading off the couch to wake Lumbia up while the hyperspace lever was automatically pushed, revealing the urban planet of Obroa-Skai.

"So, lets land this baby."

And so they did, with Lanlif in the pilot seat after Lumbia took off the auto-pilot. Landing in a public company hangar, the crew exited into the city after paying their credits.

"Now, about the mission. Why are we here?"

--------------------

"I hate how life changes all the time.." -Lanlif

Posts: 42 | From: In space... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-26-2003 12:08 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'll tell you later," The brown haired adventurer said, his lips pushing forward, expressing thought. The four walking down the long, fully glassed skyline hall toward the train transport as Lumbia's mind drifted off. Wandering into a white void of which dark and light once battled.

Yet now it was a different war, involving destiny. The image of a blaster brandishing man with identical features to Lumbia rushing at a stagnant robed figure. They both were Lumbia, but before him he saw it. A war against himself, where destiny was the prize. Where a desicion would be made when the blaster came to the floor of the lightsaber was crushed.

He would find his destiny, whether it would have once been a dream or just a childhood lifestyle. Adventure or Guardian...

"Snap out of it!" Lumbia's eyes blinked, looking into those of the shorter Squib before him. Lanlif had seemed to be standing there for a long period of time, trying to get his attention, but his meditation had sunk so deep that he couldn't manage to pull away.

Beep! It came from the R2 unit after it gave him a quick shove with it's body, nearly throwing him over by the suprise of it's force.

"What was that f--", Lumbia was quickly interupted by the voice of his Squib friend. "No time to waste man. Since we're going to go to the Libary, we gotta catch the transport."

And with that, they were on the road, heading toward the libary. It dazzled him so how the Squib knew he was going there. Yet it seemed to be a clear reason to come to a planet such as this. It was as if it was the visitor attraction spot of the whole planet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the transport stopped before the next station building that stood beside the Obra-skia libary, the group exited. Heading along the identical glass skyline hall to the Libary that they had went on previously, Lanlif and Lumbia began conversatin.g

"So, why are we going to the Libary? What information do you need?" Lanlif asked, his short frame pointing forward, though his head was stationed upward to the face of force-sensative friend.

Lumbia took his head away, looking out the window, though he did manage to hear the questioning from his blue furred partner. A smile came to his face as he turned his head back, staring down into the face of the naturally curious creature.

"I'm trying to discover something about the Jedi of the New Republic that will help Shawn, that is all." Lumbia said, heading to the security clearance before the entrance of the Libary.

Being cleared along with his friend and his robots, they entered the Libary, with Lumbia's eyes widening. The building was enormous, and the archives were gargantuan. There was nothing bigger that he had ever seen in his whole life other than the temples on his home planet, Urika.

"I guess now I have to search for the infomation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting down, he waited as a librarian headed his way. Placing his datapad on the table before him with a few archive datacards, he began with the procedure of watching them until the old Twi'lek male stummbled his way over.

"So, young man what are you looking for?" He began in voice dry and rusted by age like an unused swoop bike.

"I'm searching for information on the standard training process of a Jedi. I have managed to get all the information I need on the old Praxuem that was once on Yavin IV." Lumbia said, his eyes still pointing to the screen, though he obviously was talking to the scholar beside him.

It was a lull muse coming from the Twi'lek, which the young one couldn't make out, but it seemed to be a confused one. Probably drawn out by the idea of someone actually searching for such a topic.

"I'm sorry sir, I have never stummbled upon anything regarding standard training of a Padawan." The man said, slowly walking away, but his venture away was quickly interrupted by the voice of the visitor.

"Could you search for me...?" Lumbia asked, with the green skinned Twi'lek nodding to him. Walking off, the robe clothed figure searched through archives for him, while he began downloading the holo-info. onto his datapad.

After finishing that, he began with watching the informative vids. on his datapad, with the holograms quickly popping up from the small holo-platform on his pad.

It was a man, sleak in frame, topped with bushy light brown hair hair and suited in an all black. He held a lightsaber handle in his right palm, his voice calmy coming over the speakers.

"I am Luke Skywalker, the Alpha of the New Jedi Order," The man began, with Lumbia's eyes widening from the shock of seeing the Alpha of the Jedi Praxuem before his eyes. "I am here to tell you of the Jedi Praxuem. It is an isolated area on Yavin IV. Though you may not know the origin of the temple we lived in, it was Great Massassi Temple."

Luke stopped for a moment, placing the lightsaber behind his back, with Lumbia waiting for him to begin once more. "In the Great Massassi Temple, there were many areas that involved force users to pass. This made it a more secure enviroment for our Padawan, Jedi Knight and I.

"This is all. Receiving this information will guide you on your destiny. Use it well, and may the force be with you."

Abruptly the holographic image of Master Skywalker vanished, being warped back into the datacard.

Well that's it for the Praxuem job. He mused, leaning back as he waited for the libarian to come.

[ 05-26-2003 10:46 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-26-2003 12:30 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia eyes opened slightly for his rest was disturbed by the coming presence of the libarian who venture back over with the datacard that the brown haired man had requested. Smiling genorously at the Twi'lek, he bowed his head and watched him leave. Placing the datacard into his datapad, he downloaded the information and awaited the beeping noise that would alarm him that the process had ended.

After it finally ended, the young man stood and left the area, giving a few credits to the libary for his usage. Dragging the three others along, he was back on the same path he was once on to enter, but now he was to exit.

Leaving to his ship, they exited, leaving the planet behind, in his past. He was now heading off to a new world, though he was told to return to Tatooine after he attained what he had gone to Obra-Skai for.

Yet he hadn't; he didn't know who he was or what his destiny was. But this question would be soon awnsered on a new planet. Where he could rest in silence and work. A land that was elegent..

"Spira!?" Lanlif screamed as Lumbia went on about his vacation to the island based planet. The Squib in his whole life had never taken a true escape from his smuggling, haggling ways and it didn't seem like it was going to happen this time either. Lumbia requested that Lanlif would go on and do a smuggling job and go back to Tatooine a month.

"I'll be there," Lumbia said, his smile growing as he patted Lanlif on the back. "Don't worry about me, I have this all planned out. You just go on and pilot this ship like you were born to do. I have to find out now what my destiny is...you already know yours."

With that being the last word they'd share for a month of time, Lumbia evacuated with a bag of items as the ship landed. Heading off to the restful grounds of..

...Spira.
((OOC: Watch as Lanlif and his two droids head off to Stranded on Sullust where they'll find their own adventure.

Meanwhile Lumbia will go off to Drifting Amoung Stars in the same forum.

So, May the Force be with you. ^_^ ))

[ 05-26-2003 07:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 06-28-2003 06:57 PM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: Ken returns from "Minds Like a Seive" in the same forum))

When the ship touched down on Obroa Skai, Ken wasted no time in getting to the great library.

It was night on Obroa-Skai but the library was open. Ken slipped in and headed for the nearest data booth.
Search: Starscream......please wait.......
.....1 match found.....

Ken accessed the file. "Project Starscream".
Project Starscream headquarters: Kiva....... That was all the file had.

Kiva..... Ken ended his current search and typed in a new search......Search: Kiva.....

Yes, the computer came up with a planet Kiva. Ken wrote down the coordinates and excitedly hurried out of the Library. He had to get to Kiva. Maybe there he could learn tthe truth about himself.

O-B-1 Kenobi

Member # 467

posted 07-01-2003 07:00 AM     Profile for O-B-1 Kenobi   Author's Homepage   Email O-B-1 Kenobi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ken went back to the spaceport. The old freighter pilot was nowhere in sight. It was already late at night and there were not many people around.

No this would not do. Ken had to get to Kiva as soon as possible. Well desperate times call for desperate measures.

He could not remember where he learnt it from, but the correct way to override a ships security locks and the knowledge to fly just about any ship, came to him instinctively.

Within 15 seconds of him stealing the ship, Ken had already taken off....despite the protests of a very sleepy control officer.

Just then, Ken realised that the ship did not have enough fuel. The furthest it could go was to Tatooine.

Ken had no choice but to set course for the Tatooine system. He pulled back on the hyperspace lever and watched the stars turn to streaks. Ken hoped that the Imperial Dreadnaught which Xam encountered on their previous visit to Obroa-Skai would not track him down.

((OCC: Ken goes to "Water on Tatooine...." in the Jedi Praxeum, Sith Temple Forum))

The Empire

Member # 386

posted 07-01-2003 12:03 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The young radar officer on Todthund sat back with a satisfied smirk crossing his face. The pilot of the departing craft was a canny one, hitting hyperspace while yet well within the Obra-Skai gravity well... but he had not been quick enough to elude detection entirely. Even as the vessel disappeared in a flash of white light the officer had managed to obtain its signature and probable course vector. He hurried to his superior officer with the information, who called it in to Captain Jissel.

That worthy Imperial was in the middle of a game of dejarik with his second. His holographic monster had just twisted off the head of his opponent's monster when the call came through. Sighing, he put his game on standby and went to see what was happening in Obra-Skai now. For a sleepy little hole-in-the-wall library system, he was certainly getting a lot of communications.

And the system was getting way too much activity for his liking, he thought to himself after disconnecting from the Officer on Deck. For a moment he frowned to himself, then strode to a small door in the back of the lounge area in which his private dejarik game was prominently displayed. Entering his ready room, he moved to his private communications board and opened up a private channel to ICC on Coruscant.

After a short conversation he closed the link, sitting back with a smile. He loved it when his instincts were correct: one did not rise to his position by running to the Top Neks the moment something untoward raised its ugly face. But this system was beginning to get a touch wee too... magnetic.

He returned to his game, still smiling, assured by the fact that a fleet of Imperial ships was now en route to this system and that Obra-Skai would be totally blockaded before the day was out. He cast a quick glance at his chronometer.

Hmmm... just about five standard hours or so from now. These guys are speed-demons!

He nodded to himself. More than enough time to finish his game...

...which he managed to win, just barely, just as the first of the ships in the massive blockading fleet popped out of hyperspace and started easing into it's assigned orbit about the planet.

[ 07-01-2003 12:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e