my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Catch A Falling Star

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Catch A Falling Star
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-05-2002 03:43 AM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Minna starts this thread as a branch-off from And The Days Grow Longer in the "Empire/New Republic" forums, thank you.))

Although the Bothan's voice was calm, her eyes placid, and her body loose, there was just that one little unspoken something about her attitude which fairly screamed out one word.

Frosty.

She set her cup of Alderaanian ale down with a gentle bang and stared across the table into the Selonian's limpid eyes.

"What do you mean, you have nothing for me?" she asked in her raspy whisper.

A shrug rippled the Selonian's fur. "Know not I more," he answered, taking a calm sip of his own ale. "The one who you seek, not in existence is my thinking."

Minna snorted, and grabbed her cup. "More like thinking you are not!" she shot back, tossing the cup's dregs down her sinuous throat before raising it for a refill. The otter-like creature sitting across from her merely turned to the nearby window, and for a moment just watched the passersby going about their business along Treasure Ship Row. His wince was barely noticeable when the sound of Minna's low growl came to his rounded ears.

"I didn't think you guys went in for... deception."

The Selonian remained still, obviously struggling with himself. Then honor ruled out wisdom; he turned his head smoothly back to Minna with a sigh.

"Know not much, do I," he began, waving his empty cup ruefully. Minna sighed, and motioned to the waitress for a refill. "Reclusive person there was, in distances beyond Tyrena past the Golden Beaches. Unknown being, to himself he kept. Had for awhile a friend, a lady...."

The Selonian paused with a smile as the waitress came to him with a fresh cup of ale. He reached out with almost greedy hands; holding young, as he was, he really oughtn't to be imbibing, but Alderaanian ale wasn't cheap, and he could never afford it otherwise.

Minna snorted again. "So exactly where beyond Tyrena did this unknown person meet with his lady friend?" she questioned raspily, following this with another sip of her own.

The Selonian's eyes grew wide. "Oh, no no no," he exclaimed rapidly, gulping half his ale in one swig. "No longer there, a rumor he was, no lady was there, mistaken was I..."

Now Minna really was coming close to losing whatever aplomb she had. Her face grew remarkably placid as her hand suddenly darted out, taking the Selonian by the throat. The fact that he in turn hadn't the time to swallow his mouthful of ale was evident by the golden liquid now dripping from his nose.

Minna tightened her hold.

"I don't like puzzles... and the people I work for don't either," she said warningly.

"Now, what do you know?"

The Selonian gawped, his cup falling from his fingers as they scrabbled at Minna's own. "He-- he--" he gasped, choking until the Bothan loosened her hold, just the slightest. "No longer on Corellia is he, gone, gone, gone. Rumor only, rumor has it...

"To... to Drall has he fled," he managed before Minna's tightening fingers choked off anything else he might have tried to say, sending him into a sleep which she thought -- but briefly -- into elongating for eternity.

Too messy, she finally decided, rising to her feet and slithering away into the shadows. Soon she was back aboard her ship, with Corellia a glittering jewel in her wake.

At least Drall wasn't far away, and she did have contacts there. A good spy sets up her network before she ever hangs her shingle out to dry, after all.

[ 01-04-2003 11:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

The spy who loves you....

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-21-2002 05:02 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe was sitting in the cockpit of his ship, the "Deceased Star", watching the holographic image in front of him playback again for the thrid time in a row. It was still unsettling just as much now as it was when he first saw it. A melancholy frown crossed his face as the words ran through his ears once more...

"Hello SerKe Da'San, or should I say Mr. Krif'axx. I have something very hard to say, but I should get to the point immeditately-- you were spawned from the DNA of an old Sith, one who faught in the times of the Sith v.s Dark Jedi. He killed himself on the planet of Rori, where he was buried and left a will wtih a blood mark carrying his DNA, along with his skeleton that rotted over the time. I, an explorer found the body when working for the Hutts, who you work for now, and used it for scientific matters, as I am a science explorer. Placing it in the Kamino's hand, I beckoned them to work on you, clone you into a being for the Republic Science legion to study upon. Instead of this, the Hutts got a hold of you after their ecnomoical downfall, and they used you as their Hitman. They knew of your Sith magickal abilities and your study at a young age in the arts of fighting, and in hopes of changing their economical path chose you to use.

"If you would like to learn anything more of your past, go to Korriban...their are scriptures probably within their soil telling of this man, known as SerKe Krif'axx, that you were coneived from...you may find a new path in Korriban as well...a better life then that of a black-market hitman."

SerKe shook his head lightly as he snapped out of the trance the holo-messge put him in. Korriban...where was this Korriban? he had searched his star charts and maps, but there was no trace of this world anywhere, it seemed. But He had to find it...and more information on this man known as SerKe Krif'axx, whom he was spawned. He thought to himself for a few minutes...

"...that's it! I have an idea..."

SerKe grinned as he began to activate the holographic messaging system, and recorded a message to be sent to Minna Manth.

"Minna Manth...I am SerKe Da'San. I have a little proposition for you. If you want to know more, meet me on Cloud City, in Bespin. And if you are as good as they say you are, then no doubt, you know I have pleanty of credits in which to pay you for services rendered..."

SerKe grinned lightly as he stopped the message and sent it out to her ship...

[ 12-22-2002 12:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many...most of the time...

Posts: 29 | From: Parts Unknown | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-22-2002 12:25 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna had been sitting in the Drall equivalent of a saloon, nursing something blue and cold which bit her throat going down, and mumbling to herself as to what she was going to do next. Indeed, the spy had no sooner set Heaven's Forbiddance down in a hidden cove bordering this planet's famous Boiling Sea, had scarcely flowed out from her ship with the grace and stealth which makes her species so successful in the spy business and headed into the nearby town of Mastigophorous to begin hunting her assigned prey, when a steady beeping had alerted her to an incoming transmission. Opening a channel to her ship, she listened to that transmission with growing dismay.

Then she headed toward the nearest saloon, to buy herself a drink and debate where she was going to go next and what she was going to do.

Hang the Imperials anyway, she muttered to herself as she took another sip of the glacially fiery liquid she was imbibing in. Always changing rontos in midstream; now I'm not to follow this mystery man at all...

She sighed, sitting back a bit, and tried to comfort herself with the knowledge that, while she missed out on the big payoff promised to her, she did get some shipwide modifications for her truncated efforts.

There is that, she admitted to herself. And now you're a free agent once again, and don't have to worry about any connections with the Imperials. That's something always best to avoid, if possible; I just can't seem to ever follow my own advice.

A puff of air escaped her, and she motioned to the barkeeper for another drink, and a menu as well. Might as well get some nourishment, she decided...

...when another set of nearly silent vibratory beeps captured her attention again. She frowned in annoyance--

Maybe the Impys changed their minds again...?

--but that frown disappeared entirely as she listened to the new transmission. Her eyes darkened with the prospect of sudden salvation from boredom, not to mention the promise of credits in her pocket.

Bespin, ey?

Nodding to herself, she clicked off the communications link to Forbiddance. Then she ordered and ate her meal, paid, took a bottle or two of the volatile blue liquid she had been drinking, just for a rainy day of course, and returned to her ship.

It didn't take long to leave; Drall didn't have much in the way of air traffic, so she didn't have to wait to obtain a departure vector. In moments she was exiting the planet's exosphere and entering hyperspace, heading on a one-way course to Bespin and its major city floating in the clouds. Her nose wrinkled a little in anticipation of the red tape she was probably going to have to wade through in order to land on Cloud City; then she smoothed it from her features.

After all, she had her contacts there as well.

Now in hyperspace, she flicked the holographic receiver so as to observe that latest transmission in its entirety. A frown creased her features as she saw the rather... unique-looking individual who had contacted her so unexpectedly. Then she shrugged. It didn't matter to her to what species those she dealt with belonged to; fates alone knew that there were plenty in the galaxy, and no one could come to know them all. All that mattered was the credits in her pocket: they were all alike, and they all spent the same.

--------------------

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-22-2002 05:36 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe sat at the controls of the "Deceasced Star", looking over his coordinates. From the look of it, it wouldn't take him long to get to Bespin...it was close indeed. He punched in the coordinates, his brow furrowing lightly. He hated doing such calculations, but they were nessecary. He pivoted along with his chair, and pushed a lever forward. He watched as everything slowed for a second as he jumped to hyperspace.

SerKe sat there, watching this holo-message again, the thoughts of how odd it was entrancing his mind. A clone of an eons dead Sith Warrior...all the questions he had, all the answers he needed to find...
- bleeep...bleeep -

He almost didn't notice how much time had passed, but the alarms were alerting him he was near Bespin now. SerKe grinned lightly.
Coming out of hyperspace, he switched to manual control, piloting through the clouds of Bespin. And there it was...Cloud City, and the guard ships as always. They came over through audio like clockwork.

"Please transmit ship ID and state your business."

SerKe transmitted one of his myriad fake ID codes, this one imparticular for use on Bespin. They were the best codes he could get, and working for the Hutts, he got the absolute best. Never failed him, not even once. He leaned over, and pressed a button lightly.

"I have business here with someone, trade dealings."

Letting up on the button, SerKe chuckled lightly as they processed his ID.

"Clearance granted, sending coordinates for landing pad now."

SerKe fed the coordinates into his computer, and let it land his ship at the specified landing pad. He grinned lightly. Having been to Cloud City many times before, now one would ask him too many questions. As his ship's landing apparatus came out from the lower hull, he felt a light bump. Good, he had landed. SerKe shut down most all systems, and put main power on stand-by. He exited the ship, and made his way into Cloud City.

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: Parts Unknown | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-23-2002 09:52 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna brought Forbiddance into a soft swirl of a landing on a privately franchised landing platform. She grinned to herself as she powered down her systems to standby.

Nothing like having friends in high places, she mused as her ship gave an electronic sort of sigh before losing itself to a quick catnap. She rose gracefully from her seat and rummaged about in the cabin of her ship, finding some items and stashing them invisibly on her person. Then keying the hatch to open on verbal command, her voiceprint only, she exited the ship and strode off toward the silent being who was waiting for her.

A few pleasantries were exchanged. The being meeting her then gave her a polite half-bow, turning as he did to indicate with a sweep of a hand that she precede the way into his residence. She laughed at his stiff upper lip, placing a loose arm about his shoulders and giving him a quick peck on the side of his face.

"Not today, my friend," her raspy whisper floated out among the clouds. Then she reached into her pocket, and drew out a portable holographic imager. A quick flick of a finger, and a tiny image was displayed, its tinier, tinny voice bidding her meet him on Bespin. After a short pause, the image flicked into nonexistence; Minna turned her limpid and unfathomable eyes up to those of her companion.

A few more words were exchanged; then she nodded.

"The Blue Asteroid," she said succinctly. Then she walked off the platform and onto a side walkway, soon losing herself amidst the growing crowds as she left the residential areas and headed into the central core of Cloud City.

[ 12-23-2002 09:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-26-2002 09:47 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe touched a button upon a small panel secured to his forearm. He decided it best to activate the security systems and voice command of all systems. Never know when some wise ass might try to steal his ship, after all. SerKe made his way through the residential areas to the inner core of Cloud City, thinking. Finaly after a few more moments of walking, he located the ideal place. One of the private lounges.

"Ahh...here we are..."

It was here he would conduct his business with Minna Manth. After all, this was the ideal place to meet someone without attracting attention. If Minna was as good at locating people and things as her reputaion would claim, she would find him in no time at all. SerKe sat down quietly, and waited for her to show up...

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: Parts Unknown | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-28-2002 04:33 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once again the lithe little Bothan found herself sitting at a table, tucked into a shadowy corner of this Bespin establishment, nursing upon that something blue with a chill like deep space itself and the bite of a rancor just before death hits the victim. She took another hearty swig, holding herself perfectly still as the fire of the spheres lashed its way down her throat, to reach her stomach where it rebounded and exploded like a supernova behind her eyes. Once all the fireworks finally died down, she was able again to read the gaudy sign which strobed blue and purple behind the bar:

Welcome to the "Blue Asteroid."

She sighed, letting a finger rim her glass while her eyes now slipped furtively through the milling throng of the club. It was as most others: smoky, loud with song, hot with the heat of many bodies, noisome with the odors of a hundred worlds. She shifted in her seat, wondering whether or not she ought to go back to her friend's dwelling and see to her ship's safety -- although she knew it was probably safer there than she herself was in this lusty place -- when a slight movement captured her eye.

Slinking up to her table came a little mouse droid. It came to a querying halt at her feet, extended a sensor, and for a moment just sat there raking her signature into its systems. Then it let forth a series of tweetling bleeps, whirled on its little servo-motors, and fled crying into the crowd.

Minna blinked. Then she grinned, and rising to her feet departed the establishment, flicking a few credits over her shoulder as she did so. They landed with an unerring clink on the table she had vacated, there to announce to the serving maids that they needed to serve her no longer.

Someone else already had done so.

In moments she was out of the Blue Asteroid, and following the little mouse droid who had patiently waited for her to exit. It led her swiftly deeper into the City Core area, out from where the freighter crews were wont to frequent and into the posher part of Cloud City. Bit by bit the buildings grew simpler yet in that simplicity more elegant; bit by bit the crowds walking along thinned until at length she and the droid were moving alone among the occasional elite.

The little mechanical stopped at a particular door, and bloopled something at her. Then it blinked it's sensor once in farewell, and fled.

Minna eyed the glowing ornate door with a modicum of distaste. Such pretentiousness was not her style. Then fingering her weapon, she entered, her pupils dilating immediately to accomodate for the dim lighting inside.

It didn't take her long to find him.

Moving like a wraith, she flowed amongst the shadows and soon joined him where he sat. She said no word in greeting, but merely nodded her head to him.

"Care to buy a lady a drink?" was all she finally said in her rasping whisper, her hand never leaving her blaster, her eyes never leaving those of the enigmatic Sith sitting quietly before her.

[ 12-28-2002 04:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

Posts: 108 | From: Drev'starn, Bothawui | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-29-2002 05:42 AM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe watched as the Bothan seemed to slowly move toward him like a snake in the night. He shifted a bit as she sat down next to him, and gave no reaction to her nod. As she spoke, and asked him if he cared to buy her a drink, a smile crept upward on his feline face. He called over the droid who happened to be in the room as well, and the looked to Minna. His voice was a bit low toned, and had over tones of that of a large feline's growl.

"Of course, Minna...what would you like?"

SerKe had a look upon his face, one of the toying male and one of pure business all wrapped into one. She could tell he could be playfull, and play such games quite well. But the underlying themes never go away. He was here to search for his past, and he knew she was the one that could do it for him. But always, everything had it's price.

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: Parts Unknown | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-29-2002 11:17 AM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna grunted, her eyes narrowing in the dim lighting of the private club. Never really one for social niceties, she had only used the line she had as an ice-breaker, a means of subtlely communicating to this utterly composed being that while she was here at his request, it was purely for her own interests, of her own free will. Then again, being the spy that she was and beyond merely an adept at reading personal body language, she clearly recognized the toying aspects of this one's demeanor. On one hand he seemed to be acting as though dangling a t'plikk fruit in front of a ronto; on the other, he was perfectly serious.

Only beings supremely confident in themselves and their abilities acted in such a manner; personal experience had pounded this knowledge into her head upon more than one occasion. Her fingers toyed about her blaster's hilt, and her thumb slyly reached out to release the holding mechanism.

There was something about this contact....

The tenseness fled from her body like the wind as she suddenly settled herself comfortably beside him. She turned her expressive and limpid eyes up into his brilliant, if somewhat felinoid, pair.

"My tastes are somewhat... cultivated," she purred at length. "Perhaps more so than you are wishing to afford."

She paused momentarily, shooting a dark and unfathomable look straight through his eyes, as though seeking to decipher every neuron of the brain which was hidden behind them.

"Your choice," she ended with and fell silent, watching him closely for every small nuance of body language he might display, waiting with the innate patience of the hunter.

--------------------

SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-29-2002 02:48 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe let a small laugh slip past his lips. Indeed, she was such the wise creature. SerKe had benefitted from a bit of DNA enhancment when he was cloned, unbeknownst to him, which gave him exceptional hearing and smell. And he heard the light click of the release. He silently motioned for the droid to fetch them something, anything. he then looked to Minna, giving her the same gaze back as if to say 'It won't work'. He spoke in that low, feline-esque voice yet again.

"No need for blasters, Minna."

He grinned coyly as he continued,

"Now...this is what I need from you. Two simple things I need information on. But aquiring this information will not be an easy task, I assure you..."

Just then, the droid came back with two drinks, Aldarian Ale to be exact. He placed one in front of Minna and took the other, sipping slowly, before continuing.

"I need to get to a planet named Korriban. It does not exist on any maps of the galaxy I have found. Thats where you come in. I need you to get me it's exact coordinates..."

--------------------

Posts: 29 | From: Parts Unknown | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-29-2002 03:15 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna's dark eyes blinked as something even darker and more primal swirled up from somewhere in her soul, to send its haunting cry chilling into her very blood.

Korriban....

She had heard rumors of this place, but indeed, like many, thought them to be rumor alone. For there were no real Sith, were there? All that noise about black mumbo-jumbo and galactic take-over in days gone by... surely this was nothing more than the dreamfluff remnants of pure myth?

Then her mind dashed back to something she had seen graven upon a wall of a detention cell during one of her snooping forays through Imperial HQ on Coruscant, little more than a single and simply written word:

Graysith.

Gray...SITH.

She couldn't help the single shudder that rippled through her body as she jerked her mind from her own darkening memories, now looking at her contact with new eyes.

Something in those leonine depths spoke of something... ageless.

She shook her head, and reached a remarkably untrembling hand out to take a sip of her ale. Then she set the tankard back on the table. It clattered momentarily, then remained still.

"This quest may take some doing, some time... and the fee is great," she murmured in her raspy whisper, now turning her eyes back to once again fall into his own. For some reason unfathomable to her she simply could not hold that gaze; trembling inwardly, she reached out to grasp her tankard, holding onto it as though it were a lifeline to the real and the sane.

[ 12-29-2002 03:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-29-2002 04:22 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Serke looked to Minna, and his eyes got truely bewildering to her. For he conveyed a sense of determination. He spoke to her, and in his voice, the overtones were evident of how he felt.

"Money is no object. Just get me those coordinates."

--------------------

Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-29-2002 04:32 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna gripped the tankard of ale so tightly she thought it would crumple in her hands. Now she didn't even bother to hide the waves of trembling which came in from nowhere to drown her like storm surge scouring an eroding shoreline. Her eyes blinked, again and again, and her mouth worked a bit in total silence beforre she finally managed to get herself under a semblance of control.

"I-- I will need payment up front," she whispered at length, her voice the sighing of the barest breeze, aimed directly into her tankard, yet clearly filling those rounded and sharply discerning ears. She trembled again, wondering at her own effrontery, effrontery once a so natural part of her very make-up, effrontery which made her into the successful spy that she was....

Effrontery which she now wondered would someday prove to be her undoing, and that by the hands of this very being beside her, who only seemed to lean in more closely and breath hotly upon her throat.

--------------------

SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-29-2002 04:43 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe looked to her and growled lowly. Indeed, now he was begining to anger. He moved in a bit closer, now only a foot from Minna's face, his hot breath beating down on her like the hot sun of tatooine. He spoke quite low, trying to keep himself from snapping.

"Minna...I am not an idiot. You will get half now, half later...deal?"

--------------------

Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-29-2002 04:53 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna nodded into her tankard, her fingers playing about with it to such an extent that at length it slipped from them entirely, knocking onto its side and spilling its contents across the table and spraying upon the both of them. That unnatural action on her part brought her to sudden life; she sprang to her feet and leapt out sideways, removing herself from the booth in which they had been sitting together to stand for a brief moment next to the table.

Refusing to meet his gaze directly, she studied his lowering features in the shimmering pool of spreading ale. It seemed to carry his reflection toward her, as though he was somehow reaching out to her....

For her.

She gasped at that, fumbling in a pocket, and with shaking fingers withdrew a card, one containing upon its sleek surface nothing more than a number.

"P-place the credits in this account, my Lord," she managed to choke, still keeping her eyes totally averted from Serke's.

Then she turned and hastened from the club altogether, frightened out of her wits for the job she had just agreed to take on...

...but entirely too terrified to turn it down.

And as she fled into the teeming walkways of Cloud City, she couldn't help but wonder what in all the universe had prompted the final words she had spoken to him:

My Lord....

[ 12-29-2002 05:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-29-2002 05:11 PM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
SerKe looked to her as she trembled and the tankard fell to the side. He looked down into the spilled contents, and saw Minna's face reflected back at him. He reached up to take the card from her, and so he did with his clawed hands. He sliped the card into a pocket, and stood up. Those words she spoke rang out in his ears...My Lord...odd.

Still though, it was time to leave this city in the sky. making his way through the core and out past the residential areas, he came out to the landing pad his ship was docked on.

"Open."

SerKe uttered the word lowly, and the ship's bay door lowered for him like an obidiant servant. As he walked in, he uttered the word 'close' and so it did. He climbed up into the cockpit and sat down. touching a small, blinking blue button, the ship's power came back on line in a millisecond. He brought up the acount number Minna gave him, and transferred 125,000 credits from one of his myriad accounts. The rest would be transferred upon delivery and verification of the coordinates he wanted.

SerKe then hit another button, and the engines of the 'Deceased Star' roared to life, as SerKe got ready to leave Cloud City.

--------------------

Minna Manth

The Spy Who Loves You

Member # 388

posted 12-29-2002 05:41 PM     Profile for Minna Manth   Author's Homepage   Email Minna Manth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minna ran through the walkways of Cloud City, at first entirely unaware of the fact that she was doing so. All she could see in front of her were those feline eyes glinting in an almost predatory manner, all she could feel was the hot breath as it had stroked the flesh of her throat, bringing with it a close approximation of what it would feel like indeed to have those fangs her contact bore sunk into the flesh thereof....

Gradually, though, her headlong race slowed, and with each step she now took she brought herself more and more under control. By the time she had entered into the freightyards of Cloud City she was striding along with her old elan, every cell of her being radiating confidence.

False though it might be at the moment.

A small sound bleeped behind her, and she whirled. There was the little mouse droid, hovering there, tweetling expectantly.

She didn't give it time to explain its presence. Her hand flashed, the blaster held loose and ready and utterly controlled. The droid disappeared amidst sudden smoke and a curtain of melting circuitry.

Feeling much better, Minna holstered the blaster and continued on her way. It did not take her long to regain the private residence of her friend, where she spoke a hurried farewell before boarding Forbiddance. The terror she was pushing farther and farther from her with each passing moment did not interfere with her usual precautionary scrutiny: carefully checking every aspect of her ship, she found no untoward nor hidden devices of any nature, either inside her or without.

Nodding in satisfaction, she fingered the controls, and sent her ship off into the billowing clouds of Bespin. Her target: the jeweled city-planet of Coruscant.

She wondered what the hunter would have to say upon her premature arrival there, then shrugged. Indeed, she'd rather face an entire battalion of Imperials than that Sith Lord she had just managed to flee from.

The one who has hired you, Minna, she reminded herself as she left Bespin's exosphere and sprang into the cool otherness of hyperspace.

Don't you dare ever forget that, or who he is.

And don't you dare tell a soul... not if you want to remain alive.

[ 12-29-2002 05:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Minna Manth ]

--------------------

SerKe Da'San

Sith Mercenary

Member # 396

posted 12-30-2002 07:06 AM     Profile for SerKe Da'San   Author's Homepage   Email SerKe Da'San     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Serke traveled through the stars at sublight speeds, wondering what to do next. He now had Minna Manth searching for those coodinates that would bring him to Korriban. But now...now he had to take care of some business with the Hutts. It could wait a long time though, as he had enough credits to last him 5 years. Good thing he kept them scattered throughout the galaxy. Myriad accounts, vaults, and so forth. So, he decided to take a trip out to Tatooine. After all, it was a good place to pick up information, and perhaps he could find out if there were any other Sith amoung the living. After all, he refused to beleive that a civilazation in this galaxy could ever truely be eradicated. After all, he was here, wasn't he?

He tapped the controls to the nav computer, and everything was set.Time to go meet your destiny, SerKe...

And with a push of the button, the 'Deceased Star' hurtled away into the stars.

((OOC: Follow SerKe to Tatooine in the thread Shattered green... in the CSWU forum. Thank you.))

[ 01-02-2003 12:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SerKe Da'San ]

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-04-2003 03:10 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Minna (after she returns briefly to Sorben in And The Days Grow Longer in the "Empire/New Republic forums") to If Wishes Were Horses in "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e