my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » To Gaze at the Stars (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: To Gaze at the Stars
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-01-2002 07:17 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea nodded slowly, at least there was still a chance but where they were she still didn't know, and moreover she hadn't felt thier presence since she had been taken hostage and had been cut off from them. She could see the Jedi's distress at the news he had to deliver and so looked up at him her deep blue eyes opening wide, "We'll be ok, Master Nikhil, I know I'm same with the pair of you."
She reached over and hugged him hoping to lift his spirits a bit. Then still hugging him she turned to look at Shawn to see his reaction.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-01-2002 10:24 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn looked for a moment at Jake and little Thea, his heart aching with the knowledge that the Jedi had most likely been all but entirely wiped out. Perhaps there were some more out there, but at the moment any attempt to set up yet another Praxeum would only be foiled by this Admiral Actar. The one who had the audicity to attack innocents...young children even...

...and if Actar was this much of a threat, what of the ones whom Shawn knew were yet to come?

As he thought this, the comm unit in his quarters beeped. He answered, and Katrina filled him in on the distress call from Shayla, and told him of Erik's intentions to go after her. Shawn debated a bit with himself and then...

"Tell Erik we're right behind him," Shawn said, finally deciding to take charge of what was occuring here.

They had some serious discussing to do just as soon as his sister was back with them safe and sound...

Shawn looked outward to Jake and Thea once more. "I hate that we all just arrived here, but it seems my sister is in some trouble. And aside from this, I think it's high time we realistically analyze the evil that is in this galaxy and headed for this galaxy."

He stooped, and looked into Thea's widened blue eyes. "It's time we start training you, young one. We'll start lesson number one as we travel."

With that he again straightened, looking to Jake, "I think this may be something you will be interested in as well."

With that Shawn took Thea's hand in a rather Fatherly fashion and began leading she and Jake to the main docking bay once more. As he did so, he sent out a call to his other wayward Padawan, Loban Kenobi.

Loban, it would be wise for you to return. I've been remiss in training and guiding both you and Thea since I took you as my students, and I apologize for that error on my part. It is indeed time we started on that training and get back to doing that which I became a Jedi for and you wish to become one for; to help others. We need to rid the galaxy of evil.

And I think it's time we renew our Alliance with the Sith...

[ 11-01-2002 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-02-2002 03:53 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea nodded and hopped up to follow Shawn, finally she would get some lessons again, the Praxeum seemed so long ago. Shawn had one of her hands but as they walked she reached her other one out to Jake, she felt he would need as much connection with other Jedis as she did - if not more.

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 11-02-2002 08:42 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik had been warming the Starlight up, all the while considering just how he might figure out exactly where Shayla had gone. About this time, his comlink went off. Thinking it was one of the Stargazer Corporation crew, he answered it without hesitation.

"Erik Kartan speaking," he said, all the while tweaking a control or two on the Starlight's navboard.

"If you want your little girlfriend," came a dark and foreboading voice, "you'd better head for Bespin space, 2 million credits in hand."

"But how..." Erik started.

"You figure out the how, Mr. Kartan. You have four days to arrive. I'll find you. And make sure you come alone this time."

At that, the connection clicked. Erik frowned.

2 mill? Who the heck would want 2 mill?

Then the figures and the voice...

...how could he have forgotten that voice...?

...suddenly made a connection.

Moff Krenoff.

Erik relayed the information he had recieved, then sat back, frowning.

Either he was going to have to come up with 2 million credits fast, or Shawn and the others were going to have to come up with something really crafty...

[ 11-02-2002 09:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-02-2002 09:48 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After making sure Thea was securely strapped in, Shawn looked to the controls of the little freighter he had chosen for this mission, Jake now sitting in the copilot's chair next to him. He listened as Erik related to him via comm that he believed Shayla had been taken by Moff Krenoff, about the 2 million credit ransom, and about the instructions for him to head for Bespin space in four days with the "order filled," so to speak, if he wanted to see Shayla back again.

Shawn turned to Jake, pursing his lips as they all listened to the details of Shayla's capture. Shawn wasn't much of a strategist, and he wasn't entirely sure if there was a way to get around Krenoff's demand for Erik to come alone. For now they were at least going to enter Bespin space and see how things progressed...but what if they needed to do something more?

There were other things to consider as well. For instance, it seemed at the moment that Shayla was at least "readable" in the Force, but knowing the tactics Krenoff used when he'd captured her once before, that might not continue since the Moff had access to both Force cages and ysalamiri. And aside from that little issue, Shawn also knew that a Super Star Destroyer could rip apart any of their ships easily if they tried to board and Krenoff and his crew objected to that. He didn't want to take any chances if there were other options available.

Shawn related these ideas and concerns to Jake, and then, "Any ideas on how we might get onto that SSD without him being aware of it?" Shawn asked, looking to the younger man in curiosity.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122
Jake Nikhil

Broken Back Button

Member # 172

posted 11-03-2002 12:44 AM     Profile for Jake Nikhil   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Nikhil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He looked toward Shawn, then to space. He hadn't the slightest clue on how to get into an SSD unnoticed. Surely they would blast you to the unknown regions if you got too close. Only one idea popped in his head, and it wasn't at all plausable.

He was really clueless about what was going on, still getting aquainted with the Jedi he hadn't seen in so long.

"Unless you know the man who has your sister, and can control his mind, then I think you'd better pay the 2 million credits."

He knew Shayla had the power to use the force the moment he saw her, but he didn't understand why she hadn't.

[ 11-03-2002 12:51 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jake Nikhil ]

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 11-03-2002 07:54 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik didn't know what else to resort to at the moment but to comply with Krenoff's wishes. Stargazer Corporation was a small business, and while he could get 2 million credits out of her, that's about all she had to begin with. There was only one solution to the dilemma Erik was suddenly facing, and that would be to sell the company. He didn't want to do this; Shayla would simply die if she knew he'd sold the company for her sole benefit.

But then, Shayla might understand, if they found a buyer who might allow them to keep the company under their names while having ownership.

An idea was niggling. Erik eyed his comm, wondering if this might in fact be the one thing he could do to finally satisfy Krenoff and get to Shayla. For one more moment he pondered his plan, then he made up his mind.

If the buyer he was thinking of would agree to this, a sell might be beneficial for all parties involved...

[ 11-03-2002 08:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-03-2002 09:36 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once Shawn's freighter was safely in hyperspace, he turned to glance at Jake. "I think she'll be allright on autopilot while we head for the back and talk a bit," he said, standing. He gently unstrapped Thea, took her by the hand, and they all headed towards the back of the little freighter to a small drawing room of sorts much like that on the Milenium Falcon of Luke Skywalker's day. Shawn took a seat in one of the chairs and sat Thea upon his lap while Jake took a seat of his own. "We need to talk about something very important, and this may be hard to swallow, so sit tight."

Shawn waited til all eyes were on him. "As Jedi we learn that we should judge people not by their appearances or their name, but by their actions. This is very important; not everything is what it appears. I bring this up because we are in dangerous times for the Jedi. Admiral Actar and his forces have obviously scattered what few of us remain; we've been fortunate enough to find each other.

"A life on the run is not going to lend itself to my teaching either of you in the most beneficial way, and we'd be foolish to try to take on Actar alone regardless...not to mention the other dark forces that are most certainly lurking out in the Universe. We need allies, and strong ones. Tell me, Jake, what do you know of the Sith? And I'm not talking about the famed Dark Jedi who only used the Dark Side, I'm talking about an actual race of beings. Have you any knowledge of them? For Thea and I, as well as Erik and Shayla and even Loban, have encountered them and have found that they are not what history claims they are. Do you agree, Thea, and what know you of them Jake?"

At that, Shawn quieted and waited to see what Jake or Thea might have to say.

[ 11-03-2002 09:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-04-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea nodded slowly in response, "I was a little afraid of them at first, but they helped me when I was taken from the Praxeum by that... thing. They were more harsh than the Jedi but they do what they say they will."

Thea looked up at her Master, wondering why he asked this.

--------------------

Jake Nikhil

Broken Back Button

Member # 172

posted 11-04-2002 07:19 PM     Profile for Jake Nikhil   Author's Homepage   Email Jake Nikhil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Two things bothered Jake about what Shawn had just said. Jake had no intention of having Shawn as his teacher, as far as he was concerned, he was ready to become a Knight, his training in the past year had seemed pointless to him, just a redundant act. The second thing bothering him was the mention of the sith. He knew what Shawn was getting at, and strongly disapproved, "I've never met any sith, but I know they're evil...dark. They may not be dark jedi, but as far as I know, they're worse. To ally one's self with the dark side is to insure your own deadly fate."
Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-04-2002 09:55 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn smiled down at Thea, sensing her curiosity at the meanings of his questions. "All will be explained very shortly," he told her and Jake both. Then he cocked a brow at Jake. "And on what basis do you judge the Sith? On what experience?" With that, he quieted, well aware that Jake's view of the Sith was pretty much the same as his own view once upon a time. And there was another emotion of sorts that Shawn felt radiating from the younger man. It was a bit vague, but it could have been something akin to pride...or rather, a wounded one. Considering all these things, Shawn continued to wait to see just what Jake might reply.

[ 11-04-2002 09:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 11-04-2002 11:14 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After a bit of calling around, Erik was able to make contact with the buyer he had in mind. His heart was heavy concerning this decision even though he was certain it would work out for the best; he didn't like making a decision like this without Shayla's input. Of course, if he didn't do something Shayla might not be around to make any decision about anything.

He shuddered at that thought then, agreeing to meet his buyer in person en route to Bespin so this transaction could be in cash, Erik closed the comm frequency and guided the Starlight out of the corvette's main hanger bay and off into hyperspace, his mind set on one goal:

The rescue of his fiancee.

(((OCC: Follow Erik to A Demon From the Past in this same forum. Thank you.)))

[ 11-05-2002 12:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-12-2002 11:10 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
An awkward moment passed into what seemed to be an eternity as Shawn waited to see what Jake might reply to his last question. It was obvious, or at least fairly obvious, that his mention of the Sith disturbed Jake. So he simply waited in silence, allowing the younger man to collect his thoughts, til at length he sensed through a link he shared with his sister that she was safe and well out of danger.

This meant that he was free to either follow she and Erik or...

Shawn pursed his lips, thinking of his wayward padawan Loban Kenobi. The young man had begun to make so much progress before his abrupt departure, and Shawn wasn't ready to give up on him. After all, he saw alot of potential there...

But where on earth had the kid gone?

Shawn considered what he knew of Loban which, much to his shame, wasn't all that much. He did know, however, that aside from his time with the Sith Loban pretty much hadn't seen a thing in the Universe aside from the desert of Tatooine; it made some sense that he might have returned home since he really had nowhere else he'd probably run to if he was upset. Shawn reached for the controls of the freighter he was piloting and tweaked them. The ship oriented herself, then in moments glided off into starlines that in turn became hyperspace. He turned to Jake, and looked to Thea, who was still sitting in his lap. His greeny-blue eyes settled on those of Jake's.

"Before we discuss anymore concerning the Sith," Shawn started, "I feel it is important that I go look for a student of mine named Loban Kenobi who has probably headed to Tatooine for a bit of quiet. Although I am not certain that he is there, my instincts are leading me in that direction. And I think it's important I find him; he's got alot of potential and I think I owe it to him after all he's endured."

He paused, and glanced down at Thea. "We can work a bit on your Force-awareness of another during this journey; you have been around Loban enough to probably begin to sense him a bit, even if somewhat distantly."

Then he looked up again at Jake once more. "I hope you do not mind accompanying us on this journey..."

[ 11-12-2002 11:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.163
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-12-2002 01:55 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Follow Shawn, Jake, and Thea to Trouble on Tatooine in this same forum. Thank you.)))

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.156.163

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e