my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Noplace special (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Noplace special
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-14-2002 09:01 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Soon they had exited hyperspace, and were sitting in the docing bay of a small space station of sorts...

Flac had guided them through many passageway's and into a small room filled with about 5 or so men, whom all seemed to be slacking off, and goofing around.

"Alright boy's, I know i said i wouldnt ever do this, but get DJ prepped for launch, We got bussiness to attend to..."

The men instantly jumped to attention and horried out of the room...

Flac then turned to galen. "we're going to your sister for help... I know you said you dont trust her to much, but she's our best shot at getting darra back, well, the way i see it, she's our ONLY shot at getting darra back..."

he sighed, "give me input later, right now you gotta learn the basics of piloting DJ...Or trust me, we wont get anywhere fast..."

He then grabed her and ushered her away into a room, in which sat a magnificent looking set of armor, all held together upright in a glass case.

Pressing a buton to open the case flac hesetently stripped the armor away, revealing a strange looking flight suit.

he handed the suit to galen and slowly began to explain "My sister put a lot of cash into her ship, she became a bounty hunter, and needed a way of getting around fast... DJ dont have much fire power, but its the fasted damn ship in the galexy, I havnt scene your sith ship in action, but im sure this baby would give it a run for its money... You see, the flight suit is a special cybernetic system, which interacts with the wearers muscle reactions, You have controls like in a normal ship, but on top of that, your ever twitch, and flexation of your muscles will put the ship into its place... You can pull of some amazing manuvers with this system, trust me, ive scene it in action...

DJ uses an experemental engine system, to this day i cant find a replica to match it, but then, my sister didnt have a chance to give me the planet she bought it from... The hyperdrive engines are capable of getting from one side of the galexy, to the next, in about 2/5'th's the time it takes a normal ship with the fastest drives out there to do...

She doesnt have much weaponry, but sis wasnt really a space fighter, most of her space was put to housing engines, and enough fuel to run them, and of course a very high amount of shielding..."

He looked at her and pointed to a room "your gonna have to put that on, and get used to it fast... And no, I cant fly it, sis had the ship rigged, only woman can fly it, safty procotion of some sort... and of course, in her memory, i wont touch it to make it otherwise..."

He then simply sat and waited...

[ 11-14-2002 10:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Flac ]

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.152
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-15-2002 12:21 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked.

I didn't think anything was capable of truly burning through the wall I was beginning to erect about me once again. I truly didn't think there was any way in Hell's Seven Circles that I'd stand a ghost of a chance getting Darra back; since Jester IV was now in the grasping claws of the damned Sith, I really thought a true miracle was going to have to somehow be implemented.

Then out of the blue Flac up and handed me that miracle.

I blinked again, sniffing a little as I reached out to gently stroke the alien-looking flightsuit. This thing had to be by far the weirdest thing I'd ever seen anywhere: kind of a biotic-cybernetic union, with artfully placed, hair-thin and razor sharp diodes just slavering to implant themselves into the wearer's nervous system. I shuddered to view them, even though in all likelihood there was an accompanying anesthetic to dull the pain of their insertion.

Then I firmed. It didn't matter. If I had to cut off my own right hand, I'd do whatever it took, undergo whatever pain that might come on down the spacelanes if it would bring Darra back to me.

I shot Flac a grateful glance, all the while wondering what he meant by his sister never having a chance... then firmed further.

He'll tell me later. I'll make certain there IS a later....

"Thanks, Flac," I whispered. "You and your guys-- well, you don't know what this means; I mean, I don't know what--" I stuttered before coming to a choked halt. Then before I could even think what I was doing, I pressed up to him and kissed him lightly, tentatively, but meaning every bit of it. Then I backed down and turned toward the room he had pointed out to me.

Once inside it was a matter of moments to slip into the suit. I refused to remove my Sith one; thank Khaandon that was of such a form-fitting material that I did not feel bulky in the least once the cybernetic one was fully on. I winced as I closed the final connectors, that act signalling the implants to do their deed. But my hunch was correct; anesthetic kicked in and the pain was muted, soon to disappear entirely.

I returned to Flac, flexing my arms, and came to a halt before him. The look I now gave him was serious.

"We're going to have to go to K'eel Doba... that's where everyone is. And somewhere on that planet... HE is hiding with Darra as well; can-- can I wear the armor that goes with this thing?

"And where do I go to practice piloting?"

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 11-15-2002 12:41 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He had been put into a slight state of shock at her actauly kissing him, but as best he could, he sure didnt let it go to his head... But that shock was sent away as her question came to his ears...

Slowly his gaze turned to view his sisters old armor... That armor...

He almost winced at the thought of seeing it in action again, but refrained, realizing that, while yes, the stuff held a bad rep, it was pretty darned good, according to his sister it made mandalorian armor look like tin foil, but then, she was now dead, wasnt she... But also, he knew she hadnt suffered a normal wound...

He put the memorey of his sisters death out of his head and nodded slowly...

he walked over and picked up the black leg plates, they seemed so light to do what she claimed they could...

He sighed and placed the plats about galens legs, returning and placing yet more armor upon her...

When it was all said and done, all save the helmat, flac pressed a little button on the chests armor, and the loose fitting plats seemed to snap together and tighten, making a perfect fit...

He examined her for a moment and nodded, "that will keep you pretty well prettected i think..."

He then lifted one of her wrists and flipped open a little palen on the armor "ok, see this, This thing controls the basic functions of the armor, You got your portable shield generator, your shock immiter, err, in case people get to close for comfort... and errmm... Lasor cutter, the helmats got heat sensing lenses, night vision lenses, light amp adjustment, but i gotta ask you not to where the helmet, unless you think you really need to... It...it holds a few errmm... Memories id rather not think about..."

he then tapped on the platting "this stuff, to my knowledge at least, has its own temperature regulator, if your soroundings get to hot, it will keep you cool, to cold, it will heat ya up... Im not sure what else it does, never really played around with it..."

As he spoke a man came through the doorway and seemed to jump at the sight of a woman in the armor "You... err... Let her have the armor... errmm.... Ah fla-..errr, boss, the ermm... ya... its about ready."

as flac nodded solomnly the man ran off to finish preperations...

"Hmm... Where do you practice? well, first your advised to make sure you can still move in that thing, ive never understood how it worked, but my sister always had some pretty good dexterity in that thing, so im guessing its not suposed to restrict you... But ya, like i said, i havent played around with it to much, i dont have a way for you to practise, your gonna have to just toy around abit in the ship...."

With that he ushered her off, stopping to grab the helmat, just in case...

Soon they had retrieved malf and were standing before a very miraculas looking ship...

"Well galen, theres she is... the famed Dark Court Jester... DJ is quite a ship, im sure you'll have no problems with her, lets get on our way, shall we?"

He smiled and nodded, walking over to speak with one of the men for a second before returnign "we're good to go..."

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.199
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-15-2002 01:23 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but jerk a bit, startled, when I heard the name of this odd yet altogether lethal looking little ship.

Dark Court-- Jester? Hmmm... I think his sister and I could have gotten along fine.... I mulled to myself, all the while eyeballing her sleekly deadly lines and shaking my head to myself. To think, she looked that nasty... and barely had any weaponry to speak of on her. I wondered just what kind of image she would have projected locked and loaded... and who in the name of all Khaandon holds dear were the ones to create her anyway?

I pushed that thought away as another came slamming home even as Flac was gently pushing me aboard.

THIS is practice?!

Oh well, the thought came on its immediate heels. No better way to stay on task then making certain I do it for real the first time. Oughtta be a piece of cake... I wasn't the family pilot because of my size, after all....

I let these smug thoughts precede me to the pilots seat... which wasn't there. I mean, there was a nav-board, that much was obvious. But where there should have been a seat was nothing more than a circular plate imbedded in the decking of the control room; various and sundry wires and connections dangled loosely from the overhead and the control panel itself.

I shot Flac a somewhat nervous look as I came to a halt on that ominous plate. My eyes widened further as the connectors slammed into me like a knife through butter; somewhere deep inside me I could feel something begin to tingle, as though something were awakening as though from a long sleep.

The ship gave an imperceptible shudder. Lights blinked on the navboard like Mos Eisley on Boonta Eve. I just stood there, trying to figure out how in the name of all the fates this baby was to actually lift off. What was I supposed to do, jump?

What the hey. I did.

Oops....

Malf and Flac were suddenly thrown to the deck as if they were rubbish, Flac's eyes wide, Malf's mouth wider and noisier, as DJ was suddenly earthbound no longer. As for me, well... something in that plate kept me upright and somehow protected from the inertia of my green departure; I turned a crooked smile to Flac, wincing a little.

"Oops," I whispered, shrugging and trying to make amends with my body language. "I'll get the hang of it soon, promise...."

I let that apology dangle off into a silence broken only by the oofs and moans as my shipmates climbed unsteadily to their feet. Then as they were seating-- and safety-harnessing-- themselves in, I lent every bit of focus I possessed toward my immediate, if not sooner, self-education as to the running of this little wonder.

The mere raising of my chin... she pitched. Raising an arm... she'd roll left or right, depending upon which arm was raised. Yaw was controlled by my leaning to the right or left, and as for landing...

"Hey Flac, how did you say this thing lands?" I hollered as I kept practicing my control, gradually reducing my body movements from those which were gross to ones of pure finesse.

Oh well... time to figure it out as we go, I suppose. Now if I can just figure out how to tap in the coordinates... I've not forgotten a one yet, nosirree....

DJ yowled on through the darkling night, slavering and frothing at the bit, impatient for me to get my act together and get us into the clean beauty of hyperspace. Which of course I finally succeeded in doing, sending us on our way to the Sith planet of K'eel Doba.

But it wasn't until we were halfway there that the thought struck me that I was heading full blast smack back toward the man I had fled from to begin with.
Oops....

((OOC: Follow us into End of the Hunt in the "Sith Temple/Jedi Praxeum" forum, thank you.))

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1457 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e