my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » To Follow the Path of the Jedi

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: To Follow the Path of the Jedi
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-24-2002 01:14 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Continued from 'A new direction taken' thread in Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple forum))

In hyperspace...

Lo-Ban placed Thea in a seat, and then addressed the two men,"Everyone in one piece?"

He then sat back, and waited for replies...

[ 10-24-2002 01:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-24-2002 01:25 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn stood from where he'd landed on the floor during take-off and replaced his lightsaber, which was now deactivated, back on his weapons belt. He wandered into the cabin of the ship. "I'm fine," he said. Then he glanced at Erik's arm, the sleeve of his shirt burned in a pattern indicative of a blaster shot. "That looks a little ugly though. Let's get that fixed before we start talking about what we should do next. Loban, care to take over the controls for a few minutes?" Shawn asked, cocking a brow and actually grinning.

[ 10-24-2002 01:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-24-2002 01:37 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban jumped at the chance to survey the cockpit controls...

"Now this is a ship..."

He started to look over the controls, basic enough that he could find his way around them...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-24-2002 02:08 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After helping Erik Kartan clean his wound, Shawn sat cross-legged on the floor, closing his eyes and losing himself to all time as he delved into a Universe of complete concentration. Now, Shawn didn't usually have visions; he and his sister both had never really been ones to be gifted in that area. So, when an image came through, Shawn couldn't help but lock onto it, following the pathways he was seeing.

A flash of red...the cry of an infant?...

He knew that whatever the vision was it had to be related to someone he had close attachment to in order to be having it at all, and seeing as the few images he could make out didn't look like anything related to his past they had to be either from the present or the future. His Jedi premonitions were speaking loudly at him now as the flash of some vague yet very real possible future event continued to flash through his psyche.

His blue-green eyes snapped open, and he hurried to the cabin where Loban Kenobi was yet working at the controls.

"We've gotta change course," Shawn said, his eyes calm yet his soul very worried. "I'm not certain of just who, but someone within our circle of friends is headed for serious danger in the future, I can feel it..."

He paused, running the future images through his brain again. They were so very vague and blurry...

Red...cry...

A thought snapped into Shawn's mind as an association of sorts between the blurry vision of the future and what he knew presented itself. Silencing everyone in the cabin, he reached out to feel a life force he knew well as one Galen Jhin'Dar Danner.

[ 10-24-2002 02:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-24-2002 02:54 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was jolted from his semi-meditative state as the link he'd been following along snapped. He stretched out further, seeking the mind of Galen's daughter JhinDarra to no avail as well.

Well this was familiar. Really familiar. This hadn't been the first time someone simply popped out of existence without a trace, let alone two somebodies.

Shawn knew that he shouldn't be thrown off-track this easily. Something in the future was disturbing him very much, and he simply couldn't let it go.

Maybe there was something else that could help him out here...

From the little blur of the vision he could make out, whatever was happening didn't seem to be occurring Coruscant; the backdrop Coruscant presented would stick out like a sore thumb. And in fact, Galen didn't appear to be on Coruscant at all from the brief flicker of her lifeforce he'd gotten.

Not on Coruscant? Maybe this information could be used to help here...

He turned again to Loban. "Continue on the course I have given you," he said. "I need to return to meditation at least for now. I've got an idea."

With that he returned to the place where he'd been meditating quietly, once more sitting on the floor with his legs again crossed as he stretched out towards someone else entirely...

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-24-2002 05:24 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When Thea finally woke she was curled up on a chair on a ship similar to one she remembered from her first trip with Jeroc and Logan, strange how long ago that seemed now. She was not at all surprised at finding herself somewhere different than where she feel a sleep - she had gotten quite used to that over the past few months. But what did seem strange to her were the dreams of guards and a minibattle, they were not something she was used to dealing with. Thea took a quick look around at the ship, Shawn was sitting and meditating off to one side, Erik was off to another side lost in his thoughts and his arm looked injured which Thea thought to be a bit strange, and Loban was sitting at the helm. Thea stood carefully and walked over to this last person, giving his arm a quick squeeze before hopping up into the seat next to him to watch the star lines flash before her, she had always loved watching the stars with her parents.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-24-2002 06:18 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Hey there, we seem to be out of danger... go ahead and lay back, we'll be in hyperspace for a while..." Lo-Ban said, turning to Thea...

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-24-2002 10:52 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ok, Where are we going? Are we going to find the other Jedi? When will we start training again?"

Thea eyed the older Padawan curiously, interested in hearing all he could tell her about thier journey - and even more so what could he say about the Order in general, what had he done that she had no experience with - yet.

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-24-2002 11:19 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"As for your first two questions, we don't have a specified destination... training wise, I do hope we start soon, but... don't count on it..."

He paused, then took his eyes off the controls, turning his seat toward Thea...

"Tell me... how far are you in your... training?" He quieted, and waited for her reply...

[ 10-24-2002 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-24-2002 11:47 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After much deep meditation, Shawn was at length able to find the presence in the Force that he was seeking. He didn't know if he was following a good lead or not, but he knew what his mind and his heart was telling him, and all Jedi premonitions aside, it even still made a lot of sense. Again standing, Shawn returned to the controls, actually taking them over from Loban as the young man and little girl continued to talk. He tweaked their course once more, going on nothing more than a gut instinct...

...and on the path of a lifeforce he had quite some experience with before.

Then he turned to Loban, Thea; Erik had gone to the back for some time now. He felt that they both had rights to know what was going on. "I had a vision of the future when I was meditating," he started. "I have a very vague and uncertain sense that Galen Danner is headed for some trouble in the near future if things stay on the path they are currently headed on, and I'm currently following a lead that I hope will get us to her before trouble finds her first, although this could be in the very distant future as much as it could be in the near future. And there's always the possibility of things changing at any time; the future is always in motion, and even at that I could be reading the vision incorrectly. But for now I feel it is very important that I follow my instincts and do everything I can to find her...

...and hopefully stop whatever this thing is that may be yet to come."

[ 10-25-2002 12:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-25-2002 02:55 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Tell me... how far are you in your... training?"

Thea looked at Loban carefully considiering, thinking back.

"Well," she started, "I have learned the basics of meditation and was exercising with some of the other kids out in the jungles everyday, but other than that I didn't know how to read or write or anything when I got there so they were teaching me that first so I could do work from the books and such, I've not done much really."

She looked up at Shawn who had just come over when she finished answering Loban, waiting for the Jedi to speak. She listened carefully as he explained their course and thier mission, just hoping he'd say something about training in the meantime. All the same she just knew that their adventure was far from over and she ought to get used to moving around alot.

--------------------

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-25-2002 10:11 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn was still manning the controls, occasionally listening to conversation when something jolted through him that was the equivalent of an iron burning every inch of flesh on his body. The feeling didn't relent; rather it started in the vicinity of his heart and spread outward, causing him to unconsciously grip the navboard to keep from being slammed to the ground with the unforseen blow.

He didn't know quite where the feeling was coming from; could have been from the person he had been trying to track, could have been from two others that he was hoping to find; either way, the feeling was indicative of something Shawn truly didn't want to have to face.

Failure.

He sat motionless, unable to speak at that moment. Rather he closed his eyes and quested outward and was slammed with yet another image, this one a bit clearer.

And much more painful.

Beads of sweat from absolutely nowhere began to form on his brow, and he sat in completely stunned silence...

[ 10-25-2002 10:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-26-2002 12:52 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn nearly stumbled back into the seat, as Lo-Ban came beside him...

"What is wrong, master??"

He then waited for Shawn's reply...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.138
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-26-2002 09:26 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn closed his eyes for a moment to clear the fog of images in his head. Only after this had been achieved with a modicum of success did he open his eyes once more, again restored to their eeriely calm greeny-blue.

"I sensed that..."

He paused, his eyes shifting to young Thea Morgan as he hesitated. Then he continued with, "That vision that I had...the feelings are still very blurry but, somewhere deep inside of me, I fear that the vision has come into reality...

...I fear that Galen Danner and her daughter are dead..."

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-27-2002 12:42 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban suddenly felt sick to the stomach...

Although he barely knew Galen, that one conversation they had was enough for him to truely miss her from this galaxy...

AND THE BABY?!

Lo-Ban cares for animals and infants alike, no matter the situation...

This was hard for Lo-Ban to swallow, he felt his blood heat up rapidly, his face beet read...

He wouldn't accept this...

"There must be a mistake, you can't be sure of such things... I mean, how can you know for certain?"

He then quieted, realizing he might be outside his authority toward his new found master...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.106
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-27-2002 12:49 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn pursed his lips, a wave of compassion and empathy radiating from him. "No, I can't be absolutely sure of it. This is, after all, a vision of sorts that I've been having. And although things seem to point to this, the truth is that I haven't felt Galen's or Darra's lifeforces for sometime."

He paused, considering.

"But the vision was so very real..."

For the first time in his life, Shawn had serious doubts about the Force gifts that had been given to him before birth, though to be honest he wondered if indeed the doubt was nothing more than his heart wishing to deny the truth...

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-27-2002 01:54 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Are we heading toward their location, Galen and Darra..."

He then quieted, waiting for Shawn's response...

--------------------

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.106
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 10-27-2002 02:45 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea stared at the two men startled, that woman was dead? And a baby? But how why? All the same Thea knew better than to interupt as they talked about something so important and she sat back closing her eyes trying to block out the horrible feeling welling up inside her.

--------------------

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-28-2002 02:30 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment Shawn didn't reply. He merely quested outward, again seeking those two lifeforces that had been missing for quite some time, again not finding. Then he thought this over a moment, and made up his mind, replying. "No, I think..." he paused a moment, trying to word this the correct way, "I think for now our best course of action is to head for the Stargazer Corporation fleet. The Sith may be giving up hope, but I'm determined we simply cannot; there is far too much evil still lurking about this galaxy and far too little Force-users and others who are currently willing to oppose that evil.

It's time we start doing just that, my Padawans."

With that final statement Shawn turned for the controls, tweaked them once more, then sat back quietly to see if either of his two students would have anything to say, his thoughts still littered with feelings and and a vision he didn't care to face, Jedi or not.

[ 10-28-2002 10:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 10-28-2002 09:51 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Follow Shawn Petrolu, Thea Morgan, Loban Kenobi, and Erik Kartan to To Gaze at the Stars in this same forum. Thank you.)))

--------------------

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e