my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Trouble On Tattooine (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Trouble On Tattooine
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 11-19-2002 05:55 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul smiled softly...hiding the confrontation between his sense of duty and morality.

I have looked away from things Grakko has done...terrible things. For me to act against him would make me somewhat of a hypocrite.

He stared down at the table.

And even if I were to find a way to get off this rock, I'll be heading towards a warzone. Paul sighed, torn between thoughts.

Will it be worth it?

He looked up into IllaAnda's eyes, and saw how much she had been harmed...or was it how much harm she could cause?

The Jedi sat back, pulling his hand away.

"I know of away to....take care of Grakko...and find transportation off Tattooine." he said. "The Hutt has problems with the local Imperial garrison. If we were to, ah, tell them what kind of a slug he is, they'll arrest him and possibly give us a free ticket for the next ship heading out."

Paul scratched the back of his head. "Assuming you and your sister are up to it...and assuming that the guy running the garrison has at least half his brain cells."

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Allaria

Member # 382

posted 11-19-2002 06:35 PM     Profile for Allaria   Author's Homepage   Email Allaria     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Allaria smiled turned into one of something a bit... Different, as though she were filled with a sudden giddieness... "A jedi?! i real live jedi? Ive... Ive never had the chance to meet one... Ive met a few guy's who were once jedi's, but they all left the order for some reason or another... And this is your student?"

She smiled, and took a step back, blushing slighty as she realized how pressing she must have seemed "It is a great honor to meet you both... And yes, i know just the place to get a bite to eat..."

She smiled even more brightly and ushered them off down the road, as she did so her mind reached out stealthily to the minds of the local beings here, finding directions to someplace...quiet.

She led them into a little building, one with dimmed lights, and a quiet atmosphere... it was perhaps even dignified... Or as close to a dignified resturant as one can find upon tatooine...

Now she reached out to the waiter, emplacing a few idea's and random thoughts within the week minded fool...

The man suddenly smiled "AH! Allaria, Welcom, welcom, will these two be eating with you today?"

Allaria simply nodded and smiled over to shawn and thea, leading them to a little booth off in a secluded corner, sitting down she looked at thea with a smile "Well then, What would you like? im sure they would be most please to give you anything your heart desired..."

her eyes then came slowly to turn into those of shawns. "Indeed, you may have anything you want... Its on me tonight... I hope i didnt come off a bit... Odd, earlier, but i... I just... well..."

She sighed and looked away for a moment, before bringing her eyes upon shawns greeny-blue pair once more... They seemed so soft and kind...

"My life is not the most wonderful of lives... Many hardships have i seen... I just needed something to take my mind of things... And i do so love children..."

--------------------

I came to be by taking the souls of mortal men... Yours was the first i claimed, Do you still believe you can rissist?

Posts: 23 | From: A darkness so pure, It blinds | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.128
Jazelle Corona

Member # 363

posted 11-19-2002 08:24 PM     Profile for Jazelle Corona   Author's Homepage   Email Jazelle Corona     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A strange smell reached Jaz's nose. An odd blend of spice and perfume and smoke created a strange haze as she opened her eyes to the face of a beautiful blue Twi'lek, gazing only centimeters from her nose.

"Wake up, sleepy-head," the girl breathed in a sing-song voice. Master's waiting to talk with you, but first, take a sip of this... it will make you feel better."

The Twi'lek held a goblet up to Jaz's lips, but she turned away. Her groggy head was resting on a satin pillow and she realized she was lying on a sleep-couch. There were other Twi'leks in the room of varying colors, all dressed in revealing shimmersilk outfits.

Jaz sat up and pushed the goblet away. "Where am I?"

The blue one smiled. "You were summoned... don't you remember?"

The human woman raked her fingers through her blonde hair and looking down, realized she was wearing a shimmersilk as well, with more coverage but still feminine and somewhat see-through.The Hutt... Grakko... his harem! "There's some mistake. I owe him money and I assume he wants me dead. But if he thinks..."

"Relax," the Twi'lek smiled. "He only wants you more comfortable. Please, drink this. You've been intoxicated and ill, this helps." To show Jaz the drink was not poison, the Twi'lek placed the glass seductively to her lips and took a large, slow sip.

Again the blue one moved the glass to Jaz's parched lips, and the human reluctantly drank. The concoction was sweet and immediately soothed her. After the last drop disappeared down her throat, the consort took Jaz's hand. "Come... Master will see you now."

Jaz didn't want to follow, but she was now unarmed and in no position to resist. She was led to a large sitting room that doubled as an office, where the Hutt was seated on a large throne-like chair. The Twi'lek bowed and quickly left, closing the large door behind her.

"Hehehe," the Hutt laughed deeply. "So... you can clean up well, human. That's good. You may be able to complete the job I have for you and spare your life."

Jaz gulped, stealthily scanning the room for a possible way out.

"The money was one matter, now you've killed one of my best bodyguards. You owe me a debt. A life for a life."If you're gonna kill me, get it over with! she shouted in her head.

"You were with a man today, at the cantina. A Jedi."At the cantina? A Jedi? The mystery man was actually a Jedi? She tried not to show surprise. "Only briefly. I didn't even catch his name. He was interested in something else other than talking to me."

The Hutt grinned. "His name is Paul Arrakeen. He performs jobs for me, with his Jedi skills. His usefulness has expired, and after his last job recovering my spice, he'll be a marked man."

Jaz wondered what all this had to do with her. She wasn't an assassin, not officially. The Rodian's death was an outburst of desperation and the desire to rid the galaxy of one more scumbag, who probably killed dozens of innocent beings.

"I prefer to have him suffer slowly and for my sport. All I ask of you is to befriend him, make him trust you, keep an eye on him so he doesn't run. Then lead him to me."

"No," Jaz refused, taking no time at all to respond. "I don't track Jedi. I'm not a force-user... they can see right through a tail. Besides," she sighed, "he was much more interested in the two beauties at the cantina."

"Two beauties?" the Hutt asked, his interest suddenly piqued. "Who were they, what did they look like?"

Jaz proceeded to tell him about Allaria and IllaAnda, and how they'd wooed Paul Arrakeen so easily.

--------------------

Business is never personal.

Posts: 32 | From: see catwmnjedi | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.143
IllaAnda

The Seductress You Really DON'T Want to Know

Member # 383

posted 11-19-2002 11:20 PM     Profile for IllaAnda   Author's Homepage   Email IllaAnda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Imperials!"

IllaAnda let the word ooze from between her full lips as if it were something rare and magnificent... and very, very deadly. The hand which had been holding Paul's rose up to finger her lips as a combination of something some beings would call close to fear rose up in her eyes to war with something... other. She let a single shudder ripple gracefully through her body, then sat back in her seat.

"They would more than better any small plot my simple brain could devise." Now she let a smile push away the look of fear and trepidation, and poured a grateful look upon Paul.

"Thank you, Paul Arakeen," she whispered softly. "Allaria and I will do anything... anything at all... not to just get transport off this wretched rock but to see that Grakko pays fully for what he did to-- for what he-- he forced me--"

Her head dropped a moment to the table, and her hands fisted together, fingers tightening until her knuckles were white. But when she raised her head, she was completely under control once again. Still maintaining that grateful aura, she rose smoothly to her feet, allowing the cloak to come about her and surround her dark beauty with its even darker folds.

"I'm ready to go when you are. Perhaps we shall run into Allaria outside; she gets these headaches, poor dear; I'm sure it's because of the dreadfully bright sun this blotch of hell possesses.

"We are not from this place, originally...."

She spoke the latter as she began stepping forward, heading for the door, turning her head now to see if Paul was following her or not. Then she brought herself to a halt, an embarrassed look playing about her features.

"I- I'm sorry, Paul. I have just been alone for so long... so very long; please forgive me if I seem a bit impestuous."

With that she waited quietly, her hands folded in front of her, to see if Paul was following, would take the lead...

...or would depart this cantina as a gentleman would with a lady.

[ 11-19-2002 11:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by IllaAnda ]

Posts: 37 | From: The Darker Side of Midnight | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-20-2002 01:34 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After the waitress took care of their orders, Shawn looked back to Allaria, never taking his mind from the words she was speaking to him even now. His greeny-blue eyes met her blue pair in concern. The Jedi in him reached out in empathy to her, sensing that she was distressed. "I must admit," he said at length, his voice kind and soft, "I am on a mission of sorts, but your generosity has taken my attention; it isn't very often you find someone who cares for others on this particular planet. How might I repay you for your kindess to us?"

His greeny-blue eyes never left those of the female as he waited to see what she might reply.

[ 11-20-2002 01:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Jazelle Corona

Member # 363

posted 11-20-2002 06:05 PM     Profile for Jazelle Corona   Author's Homepage   Email Jazelle Corona     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Hutt grinned as if lost in his own little world for several minutes. Jaz finally interrupted his reverie.

"So... I don't think I'll be able to convince Mr. Arrakeen to follow me."

The Hutt nodded and stood from his chair, pacing before her, leaving a trail of slime where his tail dragged on the tile floor.
"You have something else he wants. A ship, a way off the planet."

"Perhaps, if I ever got the chance to offer a ride."

"I have a better idea," he laughed, amused by his own cleverness. "It will require a different type of disguise, but the background check I ran said you worked for Corellia's most notorious and mysterious private investigator. Fake ID, the right blaster... yes... the sort of job you are looking for, hmm?"

Jaz glared at him suspiciously. Working for a Hutt wasn't much better than working for the Imps, but it was work and allowed her to pay off her debt to him without making any compensations of a physical nature. Tangling with a Jedi would be tricky, but the least she could do was hear his plan. In some ways, it might feel good to pull one over on a force-user, turn the tables... a little private justice.

A wicked smile creased her lips as she listened intently to Grakko's plan.

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: see catwmnjedi | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 137.230.1.11
Allaria

Member # 382

posted 11-20-2002 10:47 PM     Profile for Allaria   Author's Homepage   Email Allaria     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Allaria looked at him blankly for a moment, as though payment were something she could not even comprehend...

"Im afriad i do not know... "

She stop then and looked blankly past them all as if considering something...

Oh indeed... They could repay you... Take the child... what greater joy... Corrupt her...

her eyes again took in the scene before her... She knew that such a thing would not happen... That child, in her weak, and foolish inoccents, remains bonded to the jedi...

"i-If you wish to repay me... Then perhaps you could remember me? I fear i might not have much time left in this universe... It would be nice to know that someone remembered me..."

She then sighed and looked down at a glass of water that had been placed before her...

"it is a shame... I dreamed so much of having a child... I supose that dream will never unfold for me..."

again she released a gentle breath. "it doesnt matter i supose... Some are just not meant to be..."

Her hand came upward then to brush away a few tears that had formed within her eyes...

--------------------

I came to be by taking the souls of mortal men... Yours was the first i claimed, Do you still believe you can rissist?

Posts: 23 | From: A darkness so pure, It blinds | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.185
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-20-2002 10:50 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn looked worriedly at Allaria, and actually reached one of his hands to place it atop one of Allaria's that now sat on the tabletop. His eyes were nothing but sincerity and concern. "Tell me, what is troubling you?" he asked, then waited, sensing the despair in the woman's demeanor clearly as he did so.

--------------------

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.104.87
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-21-2002 07:28 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea followed Shawn silently through the streets of Mos Eisley, she left him to do what he needed for that first woman. She had even felt sorry for that woman until they had gotten her to the hanger. Why would anyone want to kill like that? What could be so important? This new woman, however, frightened her a bit. She seemed too nice, and Thea was afraid of what she might want. Still she reasoned that Shawn knew what he was doing he was the master after all, but all the same she snuggled up to him once they had ordered their meals keeping both eyes fixed on the woman across from them.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Allaria

Member # 382

posted 11-21-2002 10:55 PM     Profile for Allaria   Author's Homepage   Email Allaria     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Allaria looked at shawn blankly for a moment, as though she were not sure of herself, before finaly she drew a slight breath, and spoke. "im... Im A... Im.. Im dying..."

slowly she lifted her glass, and took a drink of it, and as she set her drink down she looked up at shawn, eyes full of tears. "Im... Im sorry, I shouldnt be here... Please... Enjoy your... En... Enjoy your meal... I have to go!"

With that she stood and rushed away, stopping only a moment, as though she were paying for what they had ordered, then she ran out the door...

As she passed down the streets, she almost laughed...

A jedi... She was not to sure, but she had a feeling this one would be saddened for some time over her troubles...

Soon she approuched the place she had left her sister, and with a deep breath returned inside to take a seat with them once more...

She smiled faintly at them both "im feeling better now..."

--------------------

Posts: 23 | From: A darkness so pure, It blinds | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.73
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-21-2002 11:13 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn watched Allaria's departing back in deep concern.

Dying?

He looked at little Thea, who was now eating yet still very alert to what was occuring. He patted her on the shoulder in reassurance, then pursed his lips in thought.

He was a Jedi healer. Perhaps he could have been of assistance to her had she not left, but clearly her heart was very heavy.

Shawn made a mental note to look into this soon. But, since he also had the time, perhaps there was someone here that could point him in the direction of Loban's residence...

[ 11-21-2002 11:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 11-22-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea looked up at Shawn quizzically, she understood that woman less now that she had told them this. The padawan shook her head at herself, she hadn't been trained enough to understand everything around her yet. She would be patient, in time she would learn. She quickly gave her mentor a comforting squeeze before finishing her meal somewhat quickly, she missed Loban and wanted him back as soon as possible.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Jazelle Corona

Member # 363

posted 11-23-2002 12:50 AM     Profile for Jazelle Corona   Author's Homepage   Email Jazelle Corona     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jaz got a speedy lift back to the Cantina from one of Grakko's guards. This time, she looked different. Her hair was dyed chestnut and she wore a black Imperial uniform, that of a Special Ops Major, flawlessly shined boots and all. She didn't much care if the other patrons recognized her as the smuggler getting drunk at the bar earlier, so long as they were confused which identity was her true one.

Fixing her eyes straight on the Jedi, she marched to him with purpose, briefly smiling at the glass-crushing beauty standing near him. "Sir, if you'll excuse me, I'm hoping you can help me with a few questions. A man of your description has been seen with a certain Hutt. May we step outside a moment?"

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: see catwmnjedi | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.73
IllaAnda

Member # 383

posted 11-23-2002 02:23 AM     Profile for IllaAnda   Author's Homepage   Email IllaAnda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It was all IllaAnda could do to keep a dark smile from her lips, although a faint shadow of something black rose briefly to oil about in her eyes. She cut a quick glance to where her recently returned sister was sitting quietly, a somewhat satisfied smirk beginning to haunt her own lovely features. Illa nodded to her imperceptibly, not fooled in the least by the woman's quick costume change.

"Ahh, this one appears to harbor some... potential within her, my dear sister," she purred to Allaria in her mind, unable to actually send the thought, but knowing her sister's dark force abilities would clearly pick it up.

"Perhaps later...."

Then she appeared to straighten somewhat, and took a quick step back to stand beside Paul. She twined her arms through his, sending a silent message that the pair of them were somehow...

Immutable.

"Excuse me," she spoke up at length in her rich alto, snuggling against Paul's side even more closely. "But I do not believe it a crime to be 'seen' with a Hutt. They-- they seem to have their fingers in many aspects of this planet, from the slave quarters to the pod races; Paul--"

She let her voice momentarily trail off as in one slow motion she turned her head from Allaria, to Paul, and finally to the apparent Imperial. She let her turquoise eyes find a home in the blue pair before her.

"--has done nothing wrong. He did go to a Hutt by the name of Grakko on our behalf, and other than that he has been with my sister and I since arriving here. We can vouch for that, can't we, Allaria?"

Another brief cutting glance to her sister's glacial eyes and she fell silent, the very picture of open honesty and sincerity. Yet there was just the slightest hint of... something about her aspect which struggled to belie that innocence, something which deep down inside her was beginning to slaver and reach out and pant....

She stood there, a little smile now coming across her face, and tilted her head to lay it against Paul's shoulder.

Posts: 37 | From: The Darker Side of Midnight | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Jazelle Corona

Member # 363

posted 11-23-2002 08:00 PM     Profile for Jazelle Corona   Author's Homepage   Email Jazelle Corona     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was definitely something about the young woman with Paul Arrakeen that didn't sit well with Jaz. She couldn't place a finger on it... the woman's behavior had been odd enough earlier, a momentary loss of control with the glass that suggested she was not everything she seemed. Now her eyes held a sweetness that seemed out of place, though Jaz could not explain why. She was used to picking up oddities in beings she would track or profile, but now, trying to decipher the woman's character, it was cloudy and confused.

Not knowing what these strange women really wanted from the Jedi, and not caring... much... Jaz cleared her throat and forced a cool smile.

"I don't recall saying that Mr. Arrakeen here is under arrest. I merely wish to speak with him concerning information he has about the Hutt name Grakko. It does not," she stood an inch taller in her boots, "concern you. However, if you have a statement you'd like to make against the Hutt, I'll hear it after my conference with your... friend here." She gazed again at Paul, wondering if he recognized her, if this time he might respond.

"Well, Mr. Arrakeen? I came alone, no more armed than you are. Shall we have a quick chat? I won't take up too much of your time. I can see you are... busy."

She smiled again, waiting for his reply.

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: see catwmnjedi | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.61
IllaAnda

Member # 383

posted 11-23-2002 08:55 PM     Profile for IllaAnda   Author's Homepage   Email IllaAnda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
IllaAnda's eyes darkened imperceptibly as once again she shot a quick glance toward her sister. Those uncanny turquoise eyes then returned to the Imperial who stood before them so full of herself and her authority.

The barest tip of a gleaming white canine peeped out from Illa's sensuous mouth as she let her upper lip curl, just a little.

"How odd..." she began in a soft voice, almost as if thinking aloud. She squeezed Paul's arm, and then untwined herself from it to stand fully erect beside him and somehow... ready.

"How odd," she repeated. "that a major should be undertaking the affairs of her underlings. It is not usual that the high and mighty come down to the level of those they normally send after their... vic-- ahh, that is, send after those with whom they wish to... discuss matters.

"Or at least that is what I have come to... understand."

She fell silent for a moment, and simply faced off against the supposed Imperial, a look beginning to spawn in the depths of her eyes which stated, You are not fooling anybody but yourself, and shot directly into Jaz's eyes.

Refusing to lighten her stance she remained thus, and waited to see if the Jedi would also fall for the rather simple ruse being played out before them.

And hidden deeply within the soft folds her her cloak, unnoticed by all, Skemmdarvargur seemed to twitch as if in anticipation....

[ 11-23-2002 09:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by IllaAnda ]

Posts: 37 | From: The Darker Side of Midnight | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-23-2002 11:09 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn couldn't help but frown slightly as he reevaluated the things which had so recently occurred. His Jedi senses were drawing him to go help Allaria, but he also still felt it was very important to seek after Loban.

But Loban was a healthy Jedi Padawan, currently residing in his home. He WASN'T a dying woman, possibly in need of a little support, if not perhaps something more than that.

Shawn made up his mind at that moment, taking his own last bites of dinner then standing and directing Thea outside once again...

...and directly back towards the cantina where he had aided the drunk woman not so long ago. He needed to find out anything he could about Allaria, and perhaps the cantina might be a good start, not to mention a very good place for Thea to see and possibly interact with some others. She was, after all, nearly eight years old and a Jedi student; it really was not too early for her to begin learning a bit more about the shadier side of life. Besides, to assume everyone on planet was shady or untrustworthy was a grave error; it again lead one to judge the cover of the book rather than what was inside.

Shawn pursed his lips at that thought, considered for a moment longer, then frowned again as if just realizing something. He stopped in his tracks and turned to Thea, the look in his eye somewhat stern.

"Tell me, my young student, why is it that you never once spoke to the woman who was just with us, even when she asked you questions?"

[ 11-23-2002 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Allaria

Member # 382

posted 11-23-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Allaria   Author's Homepage   Email Allaria     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Allaria watched it all as though disconnected from the world, silent and unmoving, save brief nods here and there whenever her sister gave her a glance...

Quite suddenly she rose to her feet in a graceful manor, standing tall, though in reality she was of average hight, and not truly any higher in elevation then any present...

She stepped gracefully between her sister and the woman, eyeing both with a look that read "Enough" though she knew her sister would read it as "my turn"

She turned fully now to gaze at the woman dressed in imperial clothing, her eyes shining with an innocents mingled with curiousity.

"Tell me... What is it that causes this deep routed... Obsession, with Mr. Arrakeen? if... When this disguise does not work, What then will you come as? a jedi? and then what will you be? A damsel in distress?"

She trailed of then and walked over to the woman, setting a hand gently against her shoulder.

"You need not hide behind lies and deception... If you wish to speak with Mr. Arrakeen... You are free to do so... But is there something so important, so urgent... So dreadfully horrid, that you can not speak to his friends as well?"

he eyes seemed to water slightly. "We wish not to drive you to lies... Can we not be friends? My sister and I have so few companions... so few that actauly took the time to speak with us... Most are like yourself... And simply seem to dispise us for no reason..."

Her other hand rose gently to put itself on her other shoulder, looking her pleadingly in the eye, a tear falled down her cheek. "please... be not an enemy... Be instead an allie... A companion... Be instead... A friend."

He hands then droped to her sides and she stepped away... "i will not bar your path... I wish not to cause you troubles..."

--------------------

Posts: 23 | From: A darkness so pure, It blinds | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.24
Jazelle Corona

Member # 363

posted 11-24-2002 12:50 AM     Profile for Jazelle Corona   Author's Homepage   Email Jazelle Corona     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Why do they want to be friends so badly? Jaz wondered. She was not accustomed to being "friends" with anyone, her former life required a certain distance maintained from others, at least on an emotional level. Now she could recall only ever having two friends, Striker and the faithful sidekick he befriended before meeting Jaz. She no longer had anything to do with either one, though not by her choice.

Of course, the sisters didn't know that was the reason for her lack of congeniality.

"Very well," Jaz nodded and met Allaria's gaze. "My intention was not really to fool anyone here. I'm dressed this way for a reason, which I preferred to explain to Mr. Arrakeen outside, but..." She turned to Paul again. "I've met with your Hutt employer who decided to have me get his spice shipment back instead of you. Seems he smells a double-cross, and plans to do the same to you. This get-up is to convince the garrison commander to turn it over to me." She turned to IllaAnda, "I need to out-rank the commander, and something confiscated of such value surely would be of interested to the higher-up Imps, perhaps even an admiral, who wouldn't trust the job to a flunkie."

Jaz had said all of this in slightly more than a whisper, so the other patrons couldn't hear her above the buzzing conversation and the cantina band. Again, she turned to Paul. "Seems we both need a little cash, Mr. Arrakeen, and neither of us has much love for the Hutt. Perhaps we can help each other out. I do have a ship, but the hyperdrive generator is being held hostage until I do this task for him, as payment."

Glancing at the sisters again, she added, "If your lady-friends wish to play a part, I think that could be arranged. Grakko is somewhat interested in them as well. Perhaps we can bait him a trap."

She waited patiently for their response to her plan.

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: see catwmnjedi | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.94
Paul Arrakeen

Member # 319

posted 11-24-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for Paul Arrakeen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Arrakeen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Jedi scratched the back of his head...again.
He felt caught in the middle of a warzone, and even after the fighting stopped, he can still sense the tension on both sides.

It sickened him to see another victim to the Hutt's malfeasance...and it made Paul curious to how well Jaz was able to impersonate herself as an Imperial officer.

The Jedi also saw how IllaAnda, seemingly innocent and harmless, become so defensive, harsh, and somewhat agitated by Jaz. Her sister was the same.

Something...something is going on here...

He shook his head, and quickly eliminated the thought (though he himself didn't know why).

I can't risk anymore lives...but if I don't...we're all dead anyway.

"If...if what your saying is true," Paul sighed before he continued,"then my original plan in addressing the Imperials about Grakko's crimes is out of the picture. He'll hold onto your hyperdrive generator even when his carcass is thrown off a cliff."

The Jedi looked at the two sisters for a moment, then back at Jaz. "What did you have in mind?"

--------------------

"I'm tired of talking, Fuchs. I just want to go up to my shack and get drunk." -The Thing

Posts: 60 | From: The Pit of Eternal Despair | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
IllaAnda

Member # 383

posted 11-24-2002 01:43 PM     Profile for IllaAnda   Author's Homepage   Email IllaAnda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
IllaAnda took up Paul's arm once again and snuggled against him, the look in her eyes wide and close to horrified.

"B-bait?" she finally managed in a choked whisper, letting an artfully crafted shudder race through her body. Her lips trembled again; then with an effort that was apparent to all she gained control of herself and straightened a bit. Tilting her head a bit, she captured Jaz's blue eyes with her own once again.

"If my sister and I assist in your gaining this... this piece you seem to need so badly, will you take us away from this horrid planet? For this is why we seek friendship; I cannot take the time to go into great detail myself, but suffice it to say that I hold no personal love for Grakko and desire greatly to get away from him and Tatooine altogether. I did manage to flee his-- clutches with the assistance of my sister; I assume he desires me back for-- for--"

She looked down, letting her voice choke off again, and remained silent as though struggling with almost unbearable pain and self-reproach. Her long hair tumbled down, completely hiding her face, and hiding as well the little smile which now played about her full lips.

"The possibility of blood and havoc and fracas... how lovely...."

The words brushed like wisps of ghosts within her mind. But as before, although she could not actively send this thought, she knew her sister's dark talents were easily able to read it, as well as the fact that none other could.

She snuggled more closely to the jedi, her hidden sword becoming a stark stripe of vibrating and anticipatory bloodlust against her hip, a searing agony only she and Allaria were aware of.

[ 11-24-2002 01:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by IllaAnda ]

Posts: 37 | From: The Darker Side of Midnight | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-24-2002 03:52 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a moment longer Shawn waited quietly with a look of sterness in his eyes as his young student directed her blue ones up into his apologetically. After a moment more he turned and began to once again lead her along, still clearly waiting for an answer to his question while at the same time feeling the urgency to keep moving. His stride lengthened to the point that, although he wasn't a very tall man, Thea had to nearly trot to keep up with him. As they neared the cantina, Shawn kept his pace but said yet something more for his Jedi student to consider:

"Please remember that, while not EVERYONE is a Jedi, EVERYONE deserves a fair first chance to show you who they are."

With that quieted once more, allowing her to consider this along with his spoken question as all the while the Mos Eisley cantina grew closer and closer into view.

[ 11-24-2002 04:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Jazelle Corona

Member # 363

posted 11-24-2002 04:07 PM     Profile for Jazelle Corona   Author's Homepage   Email Jazelle Corona     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Nodding slowly at IllaAnda, Jaz suddenly realized the woman's desperation and desire to cling to Paul so fiercely. She'd been abused by that slime before, Jaz shuddered to think of it, remembering some of the fears that went through her mind at first when she woke in his harem's chamber. No doubt IllaAnda's horrific memories were the subject of the Hutt's mind holos when Jaz had mentioned meeting the twins.

"Of course you can have a ride out of here," Jaz's voice softened. "I'm heading for the Core, back where the action is," she stole a brief glance at Paul, "but I can drop you off where you like." She surprised herself by reaching out and rubbing the girl's arm. Such an empathetic gesture wasn't something she easily gave. "And don't worry about being bait. The Jedi and I won't let either of you be captured."

Next she faced Paul again to address his question. "You and I both know none of us will be rid of that slime's clutches until somebody dies. Even if we leave, he'll send a bounty hunter after us. Gangsters don't let 'personnel' or slaves go free... our lives expire when our usefulness to him expires. He already plans to kill you." Jaz lowered her voice again. "You're a Jedi, or was, and I don't doubt you could take him if you could get to him. But we can't do it that way, or you'll be a wanted man forever. Your idea to get the Imperial's help was a good start, but I don't honestly think they'd be interested enough in going after him over just what a few travelers to this planet tell them. But...," she smiled, "if the Imperials on Coruscant were informed that the Hutt busted into their database to give me this ID, they wouldn't appreciate it. They might be motivated to hire a bounty hunter to bring him down. That makes me a target too, impersonating an Imperial Officer, but what the heck, I've probably already got that on my rap sheet," she laughed. "At least it keeps you safe from an arrest warrant, Paul." Jaz realized too late she used his first name and blushed, grinning back at IllaAnda as if to playfully, silently say, What is it about a force-user that's so damn... uh... attractive?

"As long as we get to that spice before Grakko does, and keep some to sell on the open market, we all get the cash we need to get off this rock, and I'll even take the risks with the deal, since I don't have a conscience problem selling spice," she grinned at Paul again, then held her dark blues eyes on his for an endless moment, wondering what he must think of such a woman, who enjoys to walk the line and doesn't care which side she falls on at a given moment.
No matter what I was thinking earlier, getting justice against a Jedi to make me feel better about what Striker did to me, there's no way I can betray this one, Jaz decided to herself. His eyes... how I wish... oh damn, get over it, girl! Just be happy you can help him out with a ride off this hell hole. You haven't got a prayer with IllaAnda hanging around, and you don't need another heartache anyway. He's just another shooting star in the universe, like the millions you've seen before.

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: see catwmnjedi | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.7
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 11-24-2002 10:51 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Keeping Thea close to him, Shawn guided her inside the doorway to the cantina, his eyes and ears alert as he sought out someone, anyone who might lead him to Allaria. Several of the various and sundry costumers looked at him quizzically, probably wondering why in the name of the Fates he'd brought a child into a bar. Thea seemed to cling to him even more so in response; Shawn made note to address this issue soon. Meanwhile, he stepped up to the counter, prepared to lean over and ask the bartender if he'd seen anyone matching Allaria's description...

...but then he spotted them. To the front of the bar was a small gatherng of people--3 females and one man--and one of the four was most definitely Allaria.

Shawn didn't even hesitate, and quite frankly, he didn't see any need to do so. Quietly yet quickly he approached the group of people, all of whom seemed to radiate some sort of worry or concern. Shawn couldn't help but wonder if they knew, but he decided it would be best to keep things quiet, just in case Allaria hadn't told these others, who at least appeared to be friends or aquaintances, of her situation.

Then he paused, realizing one of those aquaintances seemed vaguely familar...

...for a moment he glanced at the faces in the group til his eyes fell on the face of a blue-eyed, chesnut-haired woman. Her identity registered in his senses, seeing as it hadn't been too long since he'd helped her from this very cantina.

Good grief. Back for more already?!

Figuring this second run-in with her was nothing more than coincidence and that her change in appearance was unimportant for the moment Shawn turned to Allaria, laying a hand gently on her shoulder and pulling her to the side, making sure to keep Thea near at the same time. He let his greeny-blue eyes fall into her icy blue pair. "I am sorry to follow you like this, but I was worried," he started. "I am a Jedi with gifts in healing...perhaps I can assist you..."

[ 11-24-2002 10:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Allaria

Member # 382

posted 11-24-2002 11:15 PM     Profile for Allaria   Author's Homepage   Email Allaria     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Allaria looked at the jedi for a moment, allowing her eyes to become slightly dampened as she lost herself in his soft, caring gaze...

slowly she began to speak, almost unable to do so... "y-y-ou... You ca... You came after me!"

seeming to discard all cares of what she might appear as she smiled burried her head into his robes sobbing slightly, she then spoke quietly, her words for his ears alone "i thought my sister was the only one that cared.... but then... you and her are the ones that know..." She then pulled back slightly and looked into his eyes once more, leaning forwards to whisper in his ear. "please... Dont tell anyone... Act as though we are old friends... None can know... I beg of you... Please..."

Slowly she wrapped her arms about him and snuggled her face into his robes. "while i am certain i can not be cured... it is indeed a wonderful thing to know there are those that truly care..." still her words were for his ears alone, as she continued she looked again into his eyes. "thank you shawn..."

--------------------

Posts: 23 | From: A darkness so pure, It blinds | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.81

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e