my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » To Face A Tyrant.... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: To Face A Tyrant....
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-15-2002 02:02 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith opened her eyes with a start, holding her breath for a moment to take in her surroundings.

Silence... no gentle rumblings of her dear M'wonBo'o, no equally gentle snores of any breathing, human or otherwise, to mar the liquid quiet... only the distant whirs and whines as the unearthly ship suddenly drew itself out of hyperspace to lurk ominously against the suddenly reappearing starfield.

She relaxed into a smile.

They had arrived.

Smoothly rising now, she gave her bandaged hand a lingering glance, then headed for the Sith version of a 'fresher. Invisible fingers reached out to shiver particles born of anxiety and weariness away; when she emerged it was with a renewed sense of purpose and determination.

Donning a simple and flowing gown she found in her locker, she tossed her hair out of her eyes. The reaching for her signature cloak, she threw it over her arm, glanced yet one last time at her hand, and headed for the command center.

There she found Recinis in the act of turning to face her, his hands still finishing their task of breaking them out of hyperspace.

"I see we have come to Tatooine," she commented lightly, nodding her head in greeting toward him. Then she leaned gracefully in front of him to flick a particular switch. A barely discernable thrummm vibrated the very cells of her being as a protective All-shield leapt into being around the ship. Only those able to use the All would be able to penetrate that barrier, let alone sense they were actually there.

"Now we are protected, my protector," she said to Recinis, turning to look him straight in the eye before drawing back to stand quietly beside him. Then she frowned, her attention captured by a particular sigil which was flashing a brilliant red warning.

"What is this?" she breathed ominously, the question half query, half growl. In one fluid motion she sank into the chair next to Recinis, and lowered her brows at what was now revealed to her in the forward viewscreen. Her visage darkened even further, and she turned to her protector.

"Unless Tatooine has suddenly acquired an additional moon, my friend, I believe we may have found our quarry."

Now a slow smile curled her lips, exposing her teeth in an ivory promise to the unknown, but an unknown of which she was all too keenly aware.

"Let the games begin...."

[ 08-15-2002 02:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.49
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 02:21 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla woke up from a surprisingly restful sleep to find somethig-or-other bleeping on the "navboard" of the converted pod. Beside her, Loban slumbered on, so she touched him lightly on the shoulder.

"Hey, sleepyhead," she said, shaking him slightly, "Reversion time."

Slowly, Loban stirred, and without further word went to the task of getting their little ship in realspace. Beside him, Shayla sat up and prepared her senses to be on full alert when they entered realspace.

Ready for whatever might lie ahead...

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 08-15-2002 03:42 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tyberius sat in his quarters, biding his time...

"They are in the system, and are coming in towards us... Master..." The voice came in on the comm system...

Tyberius pressed a button, and replied to the message,"Good, let us see if they notice us..."

Tyberius closed the comm link, and took a very small metallic object, and placed it to his forehead...

He was now in a trance... he could now see things that had yet to come...

"Ahhhh... so, young Lo-Ban, you are full of surprises..."

Tyberius then sent a command to the bridge,"Send a message to Lo-Ban's 'ship'... tell him we shall meet in Mos Eisley..."

The small moon came out of its orbit, and slowly came down, threw the atmosphere of Tatooine...

[ 08-15-2002 03:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

Posts: 80 | From: see loban | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 04:04 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The comm in the modified pod racer came to life...

"You are to set down in Mos Eisley..." Was all the voice said...

"Look there..."

Lo-Ban pointed at a very small moon, falling from orbit...

"The rate it is falling... that isn't natural..." Said Lo-Ban, awaiting Shayla's thoughts on the situation...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 04:07 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," Shayla mused, "Looks like a moon and picks up in my senses as a moon, but that sure as Hell is no moon. Unless Tatooine has sprouted an extra one since the last time I've been here.

I'm betting that's our contact. Follow him down. There's really nothing else we can do just yet..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 04:15 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban piloted down threw the atmosphere, and set down on the outskirts of Mos Eisley...

"I guess we wait..."

Above, the 'moon' was running at a snails pace...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-15-2002 04:16 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis watched the screen as the ships began there course to the planet.
That's an interesting site...a moon landing on a planet
he then chuckled to himself and looked to graysith "should we follow them to the surfice?" he asked. Then returned his gaze to the to the "ship" and the "moon" and chuckled to himself again

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.241
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 04:31 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes, we wait," Shayla said, quietly considering.

A moon landing on the surface of a planet? Now THAT wasn't obvious at all...

She actually laughed a moment at the utter ridiculousness of the situation, but then she sobered.

Things that look as ridiculous as this indicate a person who is one of two things. Either entirely too stupid for his or her own good, or entirely too self-confident in the powers he or she thought they possessed, whether real or not. Although Shayla was banking on the latter scenario, in any case both could be put to use...

[ 08-15-2002 04:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 08-15-2002 04:48 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The 'moon' came roaring over Mos Eisley, and the tiny ship on the outskirts...

It set down 500 yards from the modified pod...

"I think this form has run its course..."

The moon transformed into what seemed to be a gigantic spherical lead weight... in essence, it was lead, to the core...

[ 08-15-2002 04:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-15-2002 05:00 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Baffled by the confusing sense of ability that had came flooding over him, he attempted to ignore it. But it was clear that this task was simply impossible for his mind to throw to the waist side. Picture had flashed within his mind, boggling it to motion his body toward the scene of the crime, or was it even a crime? It seemed as thought it was one, but it held beings filled with little memories of doing crimes, so how could this be?

He ignored those questions as he slowly slipped out of the town, walking on the outskirts, but unkwnoingly his pace was undescrible by a Non-Force Sensetive creature. Falling into a skid, before him laid one ship, and a moon falling toward the surface, and indeed it would land.

"What is going on here?"

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 05:15 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I guess we walk..."

Lo-Ban opened the cockpit, and jumped out...

He could see a man staggering his way in their direction...

"Woah, hold up there... what is the problem?"

The man paid no heed to Lo-Ban's words... He fell onto Lo-Ban, nearly knocking him to the ground...

"What's wrong... get off me..." Lo-Ban said, the man clearly confused...

The man would not let Lo-Ban out of his grasp, Lo-Ban took his lightsaber... with the hilt of his saber, he knocked the man unconscious...

Turning to Shayla,"Nothing new for Mos Eisley... Shall we..." as he led the way towards the huge ship...

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-15-2002 05:30 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean rushed as fast as he coudl. Unable to willingly implace the Force within his being, he had fell into a orgination of his strenght, and speed. Motioning toward them, he slid along the surface, plaicing hands before them, pointing it toward them as if to stop them.

"Do not go to that moon, I can feel it in my mind that something bad will happen. Just leave it to me and Paul, the Jedi...he'll help!"

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 05:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla leaned in closer to Loban and whispered into his ear, all the while keeping her eye on the crazed lunatic in front of them, "Ignore him.""

Then, they headed onward towards their destination. Even so, the young man who had so strangely interrupted them continued to try to block. Before anyone could react, Shayla stepped away from Loban whirled, her leg coming up as she did so. She nailed the young man squarely where it counted.

He stumbled back in surprise. Shayla used that moment. Her right hand came up, balled in a fist. She forcefully pulled it upward til it came in contact with the man's chin. This, in combination with her initial attack sent him backwards. He hit the ground hard and was out cold.

Turning to Loban Shayla smiled sweetly and motioned him on. As they began to move again she grinned, saying, "Never underestimate what a info-smuggler can do..."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 08-15-2002 06:21 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla and Lo-Ban approached the huge sphere...

Out of nowhere an opening appeared... as if a piece of the ship had disappeared...

Two beings came out from the opening, and approached Shayla and Lo-Ban...

"You are to come with us... The boy only..."

The beings awaited a response...

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-15-2002 07:13 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith frowned as the invisible link between herself and her adept continued to show the events proceeding upon the dusty sands outside of Mos Eisley. Every cell in her very being cried out for her to rush down, to attend to the needs of Shayla, to protect her from this new and quite possibly deadly menace, even as Recinis would protect the Chosen Daughter in turn.

It was with the greatest of difficulties she announced the simple word,

"No."

Recinis turned to her in surprise. Nodding in acknowledgement of his concern, Graysith continued.

"Here we are yet unknown, and have the element of surprise should we need it. A wise commander does not act upon the first responses of the initial troops he sends into battle, but lays back to see what information those scouts would eventually bring to him."

She took a step forward, concentrating with all her being to unite the electric bits and currents she was receiving in her mind with the receiver for the forward screen. Quite suddenly the image of what was occurring below them splayed out upon that screen, so Recinis could follow along with her.

"We shall continue to wait here, my friend," she whispered quietly.

Taking an unconscious step closer to the warrior, Graysith crossed her arms about herself and quietly continued to watch.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.182
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-15-2002 08:43 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis nodded and sat back in his chair, at the same time he focused his gaze on the screen.
hmm...first a moon, now a sphere...what technology is this?
muling over his thoughts for a moment, he spoke quietly to graysith.
"while i have not been in this time long, the technology this Tyberius seems to out due even what i have come to know of here... Do you know of anything that could be in use to make a ship seem to transform?"
as he said this his faced seemed to take on a look of confusion, and then returned to its semi-blank expression.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.78
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-15-2002 09:11 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's frown only deepened. A soft clicking sound broke the thick silence as she raised a finger to her mouth and lightly began tapping a nail against her teeth, thinking.

Here came an enigma, indeed. First an apparent moon... now a sphere of lead...

Suddenly her eyes widened, and she stepped back, almost as if recoiling from the screen. Her eyes cut to Recinis.

"Nothing may block the All except the All, my friend," she whispered in near shock, turning back to blink at the screen in a confusion which bordered shock.

"Who is this Tyberius?"

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.182
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 09:14 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla remained coolly aloof, but she turned to Loban at the beings' directions.

No use irritating someone she knew nothing of yet...

"Go," she told him, crossing her arms. Then she waited.

[ 08-15-2002 09:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 09:19 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban entered the ship, with the two beings on each side of him...

He was led to a conference room, he entered to find Tyberius sitting on the far end of the room...

"Come in, Lo-Ban, I congratulate you on your success..."

Lo-Ban nodded,"I thought you wished to speak with her?"

Tyberius gave no thought to those words, only one thing on his mind..."Where is the device I gave you, young one..."

Lo-Ban didn't understand,"What about Shayla?"

Tyberius shot out of his seat, filled with anger,"TO HELL WITH SHAYLA!!!..." He collected himself and lowered his voice... "Where is the device?"

"I.. left it on Khar Delba... I didn't need it any longer... and since you had so many, I didn't find the need to return it..."

Tyberius gave this some thought,"No matter..." he said with a smile on his face... "You did a good job, now you may leave..."

Lo-Ban stood there a moment, and then asked a question,"What about the Council, and me becoming a Jedi?"

Tyberius' smile grew..."I lied young one, you really should learn not to trust so easily..." A little laughter mixed in at the end... "Now, be off with you..."

Lo-Ban turned and walked off... the two beings no where to be seen...

MasterTyberius

Emissary

Member # 314

posted 08-15-2002 09:33 PM     Profile for MasterTyberius   Author's Homepage   Email MasterTyberius     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Tyberius stayed sitting, contemplating his next move...So... They must have left Khar Delba for good... or the young one is lying.. no matter... I will use one of my own this time...

Tyberius pressed a button, and gave an order,"Ready someone else to complete the task..."

"And the young man?"

"Hmmmmm, good question..." Tyberius paused briefly, then continued..."HOW ABOUT KILL HIM, is that alright with you!?!?!"

Tyberius closed the comm,"I am surrounded by friggen idiots..."

[ 08-15-2002 09:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by MasterTyberius ]

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 10:45 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban went snooping around a bit, on his way out...

"Stop there..." came a voice behind Lo-Ban...

Lo-Ban turned, and faced a man holding a blaster up...

"Only one of you? Really..."

The man stared down at his blaster, he only held half of it now...

By the time the man came to his senses, Lo-Ban was behind him..."You were to close, my friend... you better know a way out of this ship, for your sake..."

Lo-Ban let him lead the way, keeping a tab on his every move...

"Here is a hatch... all you need is a hand imprint..."

Lo-Ban gave him a look, then..."We can do this the easy way, or the really easy way... you choose my friend..."

After hearing this, the man placed his hand to the pad, and the door opened...

Lo-Ban took the hilt of his saber, and knocked the man unconcious..."I can't have you setting an alarm off..."

He exited the ship, and started circling it to find Shayla... after a bit of jogging, Lo-Ban had found Shayla...

[ 08-15-2002 11:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 11:16 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla arched an eyebrow as Loban came to a stop.

Something is very wrong here...

"Well...?" she asked. "What is going on?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 11:27 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lo-Ban caught his breath quickly, then addressed Shayla...

"I don't think he was after you... all he cared about was that damn device..."

Lo-Ban waited for Shayla's response...

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-15-2002 11:48 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned. "This is wrong. This is very, very wrong..."

She pursed her lips, thinking.

What was so very important about that device? Why would they be more interested in it than her? And furthermore, why would they use that device to track her if it was so important? What else, in fact, might they be trying to find with it?

Shayla thought a bit more on that.

She was a missing Padawan who had been taken by a Sith, that much was known. So someone MIGHT go looking for a missing padawan...

Her thoughts froze at that...

...to find the Sith? Was she somehow some sort of method for Tyberius to find the Sith because, for some reason, her blood sample was accessible when Graysith's or one of the other Sith's were not? Should she continue to stand her ground and try to find out more of this puzzle, or leave while she still could?

Then, something else slammed home. She whirled to face the sphere, something completely inscrutable clouding her eyes.

When Loban had gone onto that "ship"....

...he had simply disappeared. And furthermore, if this was a ship or something of some sort and at LEAST Tyberius was aboard, the thing was looking like and acting completely like nothing more than a sphere...

"We need to investigate further," Shayla said at last. "You remember the way in?"

[ 08-15-2002 11:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-15-2002 11:58 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Follow me..."

Lo-Ban led her to the passage he had just escaped from...

They entered quickly, Lo-Ban dragged the body outside, and closed the hatch...

"Where should we start?"

[ 08-16-2002 12:04 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e