my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Stars Shine From Kessel

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Stars Shine From Kessel
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 07-15-2002 04:11 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul Arrakeen wandered amongst the caverns, searching for the surface of this world of despair.

And exile.. he thought.

The Jedi master had been searching through the caves for nearly 4 hours now, his hands and clothes dirty from climbing in and out of levels of rock and dirt.

Finally, the Jedi saw the mouth of the cave he was in. The caverns have stopped here, and Paul can almost see the dark night sky ahead.

Seeing his time on this world is now over, he approached the exit...

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 07-18-2002 02:46 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The air became thinner and thinner as Paul walked closer to the cave mouth. He held his breath as he stepped through.

Quickly, he studied his surroundings. Unfortunately, it was like a desert that ends with more caves, leading deeping beneath the surface. However, the Jedi saw an air-producing facility to the west. Seeking refuge, Paul ran towards it...

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 07-31-2002 07:47 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Jedi sat there in the corner, freezing, surrounded by rusting steel and wrecked machines. The air was very thin, but it was all that was left on Kessel.

Now, to find my way off this planet and continue my mission.

Paul began to think of using the old equipment in the facility to construct a device that would work as a radar signal...it was the only hope he had of getting picked up by anyone even remotely close to the Maw.

The Sith are very cautious to send me on this damned world. That's probably the only credit I could give them.

He crawled over to a mess of wires sticking out of the floor and got to work...

[ 07-31-2002 08:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-02-2002 04:08 AM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Elsewhere Upon Spakle

The slightly injuired ship battiered and beatened landed gradually, and catiously within the Quick-Time Inkoperated ship port, to have the quick-motidfying droids work upon his ship. Leaping out upon the surface, he headed slowly through the area, along the soft, grass surface toward the bar area, where he normally waited to get information on rebellions and imperail buisness that rumored about the area at all times.

Snuggling in his seat, he relaxed infront of a human muscular figure. The only cranuim hair features he had were long side burns, rolling nicely into a goatee and mustace. He was attired in the best silk black gown upon the planet, combined with his warming hood that laid nicely over his head. He was motionless before the man, placing his fingers in a damiond shape, plastering the bottom of his neatly positioned hands upon the edge of the table, staring down through the shadow of his hood at the fingers.

The man abruptly manuevered, only slightly with the position of his eye contact, throwing them quickly upward at Sean who had suddenly taken the seat infront of him. The man's eyes ignitted, flashing a sudden yellow, then into a formation of brown. His fingers repositioned to a normal stature, utilizing them to throw his hood back. Exposing his face, Sean discovered a black, weird scar implaced on the left of his neck. Carving the shape of a "B".

"I observe that you expect a humanoid english conversation between us two." The man stated stern, but still in the form of an artifical creature. The unnamed man's lips curled like the tail of a dog, forming a self-confident smirk-breaking through his firm facail expression.

Sean was dumbfounded at the robotical comment that was presented to him, but he quickly grasped his sanity and he watched the facail expression before him be expressed. Throwing his legs up on the table, he sucked in and threw out a chuckle.

"Hey Thranuis." Sean stated, as his laughter pressed against his words, nearly squeezing them into a mummble, while he lingered into a tilt upon his chair.

Thranuis, the silk gowned man before him chuckled back-throwing a bit of his upper bodies weight against the table, tilting it toward Sean. The bald hysterical human threw his head back enjoying the few moments of elatedness that could exisit within the galaxy. The two fadingly came to a sigh, staring back at each other as stern as before.

"So Sean, you want the news I presume." Thranuis spoke clear, and procise-a new tone canceling out the one of before. His voice casual, untouched by the aging rasp that could be presumed in his voice because of his bald head.

"Of course, you know me." Sean stated, leaning casaully back in his chair, spreading his legs with his lips curling into a relaxed form of seriousness.

"Well I learned a bit about the Rebel Alligence that has been rumored about. Alot actually, as you can tell by my neck. A few of these men wear these tatto like burns on their neck, showcasing they are the best at what they do. Being a Rebel. These Renegades base is situated on Kessel, but they have the ability to breath because of the surgery they have done on their lungs. They are really into this thing.

Well any ways, they reside there because no one would dare come there other then non-breathing creatures who they could easily handle, since they aren't many who would even dare to get in those winds too. So, I suggest you check it out, since you are into those fighting kinda things. You might even catch a small job" The bald informational human simply commented, changing the tone of his voice with the structure of his words.

"I guess so, but you know that Im kinda into no side, specially since I reside in the Outer Rim." Sean responded, taking in his breath and sighing slowly, showcasing a sort of boredness.

Abruptly his lips curved back in a enthusastic smile and he thrrew himself upward and fall on his back because of th emomentum of the chair. Leaping back and forth with great exposure of joy, he went rushing toward his ship off to Kessel.

Bumping through the droids he jumped in his ship, and impressed hte number key for hid Pilot ID, with the sound of the droids him through the intercom that his ship had been prepared and placed with the certain materails for flight.

Skying through the heavens, he was off once more from the land of Spakle for a joying adventure...

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-02-2002 11:21 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Posts may be deleted by their author if no one has replied to them. The last post I remember reading here yesterday was Knot's where he ended crawling toward wire sticking up... as the post of Seans' immediately follows that one, even though it appears to be a different one by what M1J is stating, it may remain.))

[ 08-02-2002 11:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-06-2002 11:18 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul was not a technician, and the only experience of engineering he had was cleaning off an X-Wing. Yet, despite the mess of live wires, broken gears, and dead generators, he has used the Force to guide him through constructing the beacon.

It won't be pretty...but it should get the job done.

Hours have passed, and Paul's "beacon" was almost finished, having been built on top of the group of wires he had started with before. He had connected it with the power supply of the air facility, thus creating an energy signal large enough to be picked up by another ship flying by.

An energy signal on a dead planet should be enough to touch someone's curiousity...

Unfortunately, the facility will be shut down temporarily, so Paul would have to make due without air.

Taking a deep breath, he switched on the beacon...

[ 08-06-2002 11:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-07-2002 03:11 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean's ship went through hyperspace, abruptly stopping before the frontier of the planets surronding Kessel. He slowly dived downward, as a signal appeared iwthin his locationing, picking up the planet's beings. A creature was situated somewhere within the terrain, probably trapped in pain, or even looking for help to get back to his Rebel Sheltering. This could help him on his small quest of enjoyment, so he quickly dived toward the foundation, splurring up sand and speeding forward like a speeder.

Rushing through the surface, and tearing through the strands he came to an abrupt stop before the signal's vacinity, and put on his oxygen mask and grasped a small tank with him to put on the man if he was ot find him. Adventuring forward, he looked thorugh the dusty terrain, watching it flow by his eyes, and he stared forward at a man kneeling. Placing the tank mask ove rhis mouth, and the tank tube for oxygen on his back, he helped him slowly to his ship and placed him down in the back. Taking of his tube he quickly asked him the question that any one else would.

"Who are you?"

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-07-2002 06:59 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The voice was enough to force Paul to open his eyes. He felt as though he just woke up from a coma, and his body is still fighting to keep it that way.

"I'm...a messenger. A prisoner. And a soldier from a war only I had fought in."

Ah, best to give that much info about me until I know who my 'rescuer' is...and hope he's not from the Empire. he thought.

The Jedi master thought about sitting up, but decided on relaxing a bit from his long wait...

"So, who are you, friend?"

[ 08-07-2002 06:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-07-2002 09:17 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean slowly raised an eyebrow at the explaination of the man's life, as it all fit the critera of a Rebellion Squadron Employe. Sean ignored the question presented to himself, as his mind had logged in a new obsuption that clearly was bigger in his picture frame.

"Where is the Republic Rebellion Base?" Sean questioned, his fist tightening along the cockpit navigational control as he began pressing with his other hand along the control panel, beginning to depart from the surface, and modify the installment of a oversheild speeder that he had installed within his ship long before the Enterprise attack.

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-08-2002 09:53 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The question completely took Paul offguard. He can only assume this person was either a soldier or a spy.

Or both. he thought. This one could be trouble...

The Jedi slowly moved his hand towards his lightsaber, being cautious that he doesn't move so fast that it catches the attention of the other man.

"Republic Base? I have no idea what you're talking about!" he replied, his words taking an angrier tone.

If I could keep him guessing a little bit longer...

Paul sensed something...something strong. He touched the hilt of his lightsaber with his fingers, but stopped there.

Strange. I sense that the Force is strong within him.

[ 08-08-2002 03:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-09-2002 12:29 AM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean stared with a sense of non-understanding, his lips curving down into a bulging frown of disapproval. He quickly turned his head from the mans view, and twirked his eye into a twitch, looking down at his controls. He began clicking on the locater keys, bringing up a projection that could help him on his situation.

"Not a singel-What the?" He stated as slowly a figure drenched in the skin coloration of dirty brown. It came stomping along the surface toward them slowly, roaring with furious anger.

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-09-2002 04:31 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Force went off like an alarm system. Paul acted swiftly. He jumped onto his feet, pulled the lightsaber from his belt, and switched it on.

Both he and and the other man were illuminated from the blue glow of the blade. Paul took a defensive stance.

"What is it?" he simply asked.

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-09-2002 08:50 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I dont know, Jedi! But Im getting out of here." He grasped onto the control panel navigational control, and speed off, whirling through the sand. It sliced like butter, splitting into two gusting winds horiziontally heading at the heavens like waves in the water.

"Where are we going to go??"

[ 08-14-2002 09:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SeanHortkron ]

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-10-2002 06:19 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"WE aren't going anywhere..." The Jedi said, switching off the lightsaber but still holding it in a ready position. "Not until I know who you are and what you were doing on Kessel."

Probably being curious, like a suspected. he thought. Paul realized he had another problem at hand.

Where we are going indeed. I can't move against the Imperials on Corellia; not yet. I have to destroy their supply of Reborn troops first...

The Jedi looked at his rescuer, both waiting for his answers and thinking up a cunning plan...

[ 08-10-2002 06:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-14-2002 02:36 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean ignoredthe questioning, and quickly manuevered his hand along the navigational stick. Motiioning the speeder into the heavens, the installment process of a ship began. Luckily he had the gas mask over their face during the time, as the sand would have thrusted into their lungs, collapsing them.

As the finishing touches came to piece, Sean grabbed the Jedi's lightsaber quickly and threw it inside his lap. His teeth cringed against each other, as he began vigorously stated:

"No damn lightsabers in here. You damn Jedi's cause too much trouble, and gain too much hatred. I dont need that....now to the new problem. Now lets get to Tattonie, its a better resorting spot, and its sometimes quite beautiful..."

[ 08-14-2002 03:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SeanHortkron ]

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 08:49 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul simply laughed.

Does he really think he can just take me lightsaber away and... The Jedi's eyes widened.

"T-Tattooine?" he said, almost to a whisper.

Oh, no. My apprentice is there...and if he's there... The Jedi started shaking his head.

"No. Not to Tattooine. Perhaps we should t-try a different course?"

[ 08-14-2002 08:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-14-2002 08:54 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean simply frowned at the reaction and response to his statement. He really didn't care for the Jedi that much, but he was the only lead to a Rebellion Force, but that didn't mean he couldn't throw his lightsaber out the window. Sean grasped tightly onto the lightsaber's hilt, and as they slowly reached the atomsphere limitation, he threw it out the window downward to the surface, splattering onto the ground. Breaking into many pieces, and throwing out the cracked crystal, it was to be hitten there forever as he closed the window, ejecting into the atomsphere.

Sean Hortkron too a sly smile on his face, looking over his shoulder at the Jedi being, with his lips curling into a smooth smirk.

"Well then, that shows I wont be told to go around. We are going to Tattonie, I need some parts from there anyway, and I have to meet up with someone." They inserted into hyperspace right after that two setence speech, logging in that they were to land in Tattonie a day from now...

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 09:03 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul felt anger rise up in him...but not for the loss of his lightsaber.Damn fool. He has no idea who he's up against! The Jedi turned away from the stranger, still not knowing his name, and stared at a viewport.

Lightsaber can be replaced. It's only a tool, and the Force does not rely on it. Still, he had to teach this one some respect...

"When the time comes, Sean Hortkron..." he said, still not looking back but probing the man's mind with the Force. "You will regret your feelings and actions to the Republic. And that time will come very soon..."

[ 08-14-2002 09:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by TheKnot ]

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-14-2002 09:13 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sean's eyes slowly sled to the side of his eye, as if going down a small hill. His eyebrows gashed downward, roaring out anger. His lips curved back into a snarl, as he sloely excereted the words he held back before, when he found that the creature was a Jedi.

"You Jedi think you deserve all the respect in the world. Shut the hell up with that mind stuff, you cant scare the Best Pilot in the Galaxy with those baby tricks. Now leave me alone...Now if you dont mind, Im hungry.." Sean came to a end of his speech, releasing all the stress and anger that had been concealed within his mind and heart before. Pressing his finger against the button, a slot came out and with it was a small protien bar. Grabbing it, he began biting in. Smiling slightly from the delicious smell, and taste of it he leaned back lesiurally in his seat.

--------------------

TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 09:24 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Paul sighed as he looked out the viewport, thinking about battles long past and ignoring the pilot's boasting.

Jakob...my apprentice...how far will you go into the Dark before you see the errors of your ways?

Paul looked down, for he already knew the answer to that ridiculous question...

(OOC: Uh, we better end the thread now.)

--------------------

SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-14-2002 09:27 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Sean Hortkron and Paul to the wonderful planet of Tattonie, where their adventure will continue. Many troubles will be following in this journey, in the thread of Tattonie Orbit. Will they survive or not....that is a quesiton only the followers can know. So follow them to the Outer Rim, where the story shall unfold))

--------------------

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e