my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Into The Fall Of Night

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Into The Fall Of Night
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-11-2002 04:50 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Strange sensations came wafting into the unhoned perceptions of the little ShaRhylla, sensations bringing a wealth of information she had yet the ability to fully read. All she could do was focus her undeveloped yet strangely acute attentions on the one overwhelming factor that managed to clearly present itself to her:

She was being moved yet again, and into the presence of yet others with whom she felt a strange kind of bonding, a unity springing from deep within her inner being that was more than mere flesh and blood and bone. And accompanying her and these unknown others was that wave-producing thing that, while annoying her earlier, at least had kept her fed and warm.

She kicked and cooed and gurgled in delight, wave-producing being nonetheless. A strength reaching out to seek kinship with that within her slid insidiously into her being, there to trigger a portion of herself which had already delighted in striking out against one demonic imp and one little girl. Somehow she felt an upsurge in that part of her being, an upwelling which laughed in dark joy and reached out figurative arms to be taken up and held in a protective and indoctrinating manner. Even as she reacted on this deep cellular level to the presence of the squad Korr had gathered together, another part of her sensed something akin to the inexorable onrush of time and space about her.

She laughed and cooed again, instinctively knowing that there was something she had yet to recognize as an adventure in the making, a journey which promised her the means of determining all which was about her, once it came to an end. A bit of drool traced a shining trail down her chin as at length she quieted in Thea's arms, her uncanny eyes staring up at her as though challenging her in any attempt to alter as yet unformed but solidly preordained views.

Still beyond her capability of truly understanding, hyperspace ravened, and the pod raced back in the direction from which its mother ship had come.

[ 04-11-2002 04:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by ShaRhylla ]

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.195.197
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 04-25-2002 10:00 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was very frightened now - they were taking her further from the Jedi - her only hope of protection. Still she thought she had to be strong for the baby, and she would do as she had been taught - granted for a very short period of time - she would make the Jedi proud of her, when they found her that was. Carefully and deliberately she closed her eyes and concentrated on emptying her mind as she had been taught, then she attempted to format a simple message - a picture of the ship she had been on and the one she was on now as well as that thing's words - and send it to Jeroc, she still had no idea where Cella was, but Jeroc could help - she was sure. Thea tried to meditate placing the child securely in her lap as she quieted. It was the only way she knew to keep herself calm in the face of what was happening to her.

Suddenly Thea thought of something, she remembered from her time with Galen that that horrid Sith woman had wanted her child, and Shayla was still with that woman. This Thing didn't seem to have anything to do with her, especially now that she had spent time on his ship - and thier manners were so different, perhaps Shayla might help her, if only for the child she held now, later she and the Jedi could get the child away from the Sith but she had to get back first - and she didn't know who could reach them first especially with that Sith woman's way of just snatching people from far away. Thea shivered at the memory but her mind was made up - before she was taken any further from the Praxeum she would try anything just about to escape. Taking an few calming breaths she remade the images in her mind adding the child and thought out very carefully to Shayla through the link that had remained dispite how she felt about the woman's change of heart.
"Shayla, Help me! I need your help and so does this child, they are taking us away - and fast and I don't know to where. I don't know if the Jedi can follow fast enough. Your Mistress's technique may be our only hope. Please Shayla. We were friends once, don't turn your back on me now."

[ 04-25-2002 10:15 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Padme of Hidden Lake ]

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-27-2002 12:54 AM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rhylla lay supine in the lap of the meditating little girl, every so often giving her sturdy little legs a kick of annoyance. The rumbly feeling was once again beginning to well up in her gut; she flailed her arms a bit, then let out a brief but demanding little squawk. Almost as if in response to her succinct cry, the environment about her seemed somehow to change. Though she couldn't understand, she could feel; abruptly she silenced and seemed to listen.

Words which had no meaning came into her ears: one of the Vong was responding to a directive sent to them from the mother ship, now myriad light-years behind them.

"Yes, my Lord," the Vong in command of the little pod replied stiffly as he shot to his feet and saluted the view-villip. That creature's exterior had segued into the semblance of the electric-eyed Abaddonis, who eyed the interior of the little pod with almost aloof unconcern. "We shall double our velocity; the captives shall be back in our headquarters within fourteen cycles." The Vong subcommander ended his comment with a short bow, fist to opposite shoulder, eyes closed.

The caricature of the Dark Lord only sneered. "See that you halve that!" he commanded darkly. "Neither of the two humans can go long without sustenance; if harm comes to them because of your slackard ways you will have me personally to deal with!" The view-villip seemed to shudder in response to the words it was forming, for the image rippled briefly before settling back into solidity once again before the subcommander's acquiescent form.

"I will obey."

Rhylla gave her legs another kick as she instinctively felt the aura of subservience oozing off of the Vong, who was by now turning from the wilting villip to implement his Lord's latest demand. What had been said between the two, and now between he and his own troops, wasn't in the slightest bit comprehensible to the little halfbreed. But the aura he exuded was.

She delighted in it, somehow recognizing it for something quite naturally due to her, and cooed in response.

Then that coo dissolved into another demanding cry as, the rumbly feeling suddenly deepening, she kicked again to gain the attention of the thing still holding her. Food was in order, and she wanted it immediately.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.199.47
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 04-29-2002 08:10 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was startled out of her meditation but a swift kick from the baby. Carefully she picked her up and rocked her,
"You're hungry aren't you? I don't know what there is to give you around here... I wonder if these things could understand me if I asked them for food."

Thea carefully stood up holding the delicate yet lively little bundle in her arms and carefully yet deliberately walked over to her captors.
"Excuse me but she's hungry. Do you have anything I could give her?"
Thea stepped back a bit and waited for their response.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

unregistered

posted 04-29-2002 01:45 PM       Edit/Delete Post
The Vong Subcommander whirled about in response to the unexpected bravado of their captive. His tattered and scarred face sneered in revulsion as his eyes raked over her little form, and that of the babe she held carefully in her arms. His first reaction was to lash out and send her on into the Darker Realms, but the directive of his Lord and Commander was, fortunately for her, still searingly fresh in his mind.

Drawing into himself to avoid physical contact with the little girl, he just stared down at her. At length he spoke, deigning to accent his words with a brief wave of his clawed and thorn-ridden hand.

"Are we a Dining Hall to be at the beck and call of the likes of you?" he grated with an imperial snort. His hand took in the entire interior of the escape pod they were confined in, as well as the few other Vong sent along to accompany him. They all glared at Thea in disdain, then turned back to what they had been doing.

The Subcommander did not turn away, however. He merely crossed his arms upon his broad chest and stood in silence, for some odd reason actually waiting to hear what more their captive had to say: this one of a pair so oddly important that it was necessary to bring them back to their home world in the great barred galaxy in which the Vong dwelled.

Logged: 64.12.101.164
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 04-30-2002 11:05 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I just thought maybe you might have been given something for her, babies can't go long without food I thought your boss might have known this and been prepared." Thea replied sullenly, then turned and went back to where she had been sitting by the wall sinking back down onto the floor. She rocked the baby gently, trying to quiet her without the neccessary food.
"I'm sorry little one, I'm trying." She gently leaned over and kissed the girl's forehead lovingly. This child was all she had now and Thea fought back tears, not understanding why neither the Jedi nor Shayla had answered her. She was lost and alone with only a child who couldn't talk and who needed her constant care to survive. And Thea had never cared for a baby before, she didn't quite know what to do, she only new that without food the child would die like all living things. Thea gently hugged her close to herself and rocked her. She could no longer keep the fear from welling up inside of her and she began to softly sob.
"I failed you Cella, I'm sorry. I can't do it, I'm not strong enough to overcome my emotions." she thought out into the depths of space, sure that no one could actually hear her.

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 04-30-2002 01:44 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The feeling of despair welling up from the little girl flowed around and into little ShaRhylla like a dark and inviting river. The babe felt herself encompassed by it as it took her in, becoming stronger and stronger with every passing minute, momentarily turning her focus from the aching pit in her stomach outward toward the wave-producing thing which yet kept a firm grasp upon her. Drops of moisture, tiny satellites of that haunting river, dropped upon her face as she turned it now to aim her uncanny eyes in Thea's direction.

For a moment all remained stalemated thus. Then a small battle began waging inside the primevial mind of the little halfbreed. This thing had been producing wave after wave of annoying sound and love. Now it was producing waves of darkness, and of such magnitude as to momentarily capture her focus away from the annoying rumbles which were increasing steadily within her stomach. An odd and unconscious sense of kinship with the thing suddenly sparked into life inside Rhylla as that dark within her reached out seeking kinship with yet other dark. That blanket spread out from her, encasing Thea in its muffling folds and connecting the two of them on a level so deep neither one was consciously aware of it.

Then the rumbles broke through that blanket as another insistent complaint launched itself from Rhylla's stomach. The babe now turned her strange eyes away from Thea's direction, and began to kick and cry more vigorously.

Nothing happened. Nothing came from nowhere to be placed in her mouth and fill the growing void within her. Nothing happened at all; the arms about her didn't even seem to tighten in response. Then-- perhaps they had; the babe wasn't aware of it if indeed they had strengthened their grip about her. All she was aware of, on a deeply primal level, was that she was hungry, and none had come to her command.

Intolerable....

Something suddenly flashed out from the kicking babe, something unseen and totally unexpected; something similar to what had leaped out from her twice before when she had first subconsciously used the abilities within her to flail out at Maladius, and then Thea. But during those two times, what had flared out had done so in response to mere annoyance. This time it was fueled by anger.

Strangely enough, the mysterious force left Thea unharmed. It lashed through the entirety of the little pod though, striking each and every Vong there and knocking them to the deck with its uncanny strength. As they lay there, shaking their collective heads and trying to recapture their rattled wits, the interior of the pod seemed somehow to blink... and the All obediently responded to the little babe's first real demand of it.

Out of nowhere, a female Nek appeared, obviously taken from her own young as evidenced by her swollen milk-bags. It stood there in startled fear, snarling and growling and trying to focus its attention in every direction at once. Then it's carnivore eyes found Rhylla, and its entire demeanor changed.

The snarls of the Nek slid down the scale from threatening visciousness to purring affection. It padded forward on its clawed feet and, totally disregarding the absolutely motionless Thea, reached down and plucked ShaRhylla from her lap. It then carried the babe to a nearby shadowy corner beneath a protruding control panel where it curled up, placing the infant down alongside her. Slowly she began licking Rhylla's head as in turn the babe found the necessary equipment and began at last to still her hunger.

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.195.192
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-02-2002 09:06 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was startled and more than a little frightened by what had just happened still she was happy that the baby had something to eat, at least she wouldn't starve to death. Thea shivered at the thought as she watched the child suckle, if they had not thought to bring anything for the baby who needed nourisment so often, would there ever be anything for her? Thea shuddered involuntarily and curled her knees up to her chest, there was nothing she could do now but wait to be rescued. Seeing the child was well cared for for the moment she let her head drop onto her knees, her hair falling to envelope her in darkness and closed her eyes, she might as well try to sleep while she had teh chance.

--------------------

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

unregistered

posted 05-02-2002 11:53 AM       Edit/Delete Post
The Vong Subcommander clambered to his feet, shaking his grotesque head from side to side in the attempt to clear it. Although whatever it was that had struck him flat on his face was something entirely new to him, he was heartily glad his Dark Lord had not been present to witness his ignominious fall. For some reason he was aware that Abaddonis would have not tolerated such weakness, and quite probably would have killed him and his entire little contingent of warriors.

He shook his head again, now peering about to see what had hit them.. All seemed absolutely untouched... save for their human captive, who was now curled up empty handed trying to sleep, still wracked with occasional tremors of fright. And as for the tiny one....

His eyes widened in the closest approximation of fear he had ever allowed himself to experience as they took in the form of the growling beast and the red-haired baby suckling alongside it. They locked on the incongruous figure the two presented to him, then slit as he began to take a step forward. The Nek sensed him, and raised her head, growling a warning deep in her throat.

The Subcommander suddenly stopped as the impact of what had just happened finally really sunk in. He stood there a long moment, staring back and forth between the animal and baby, and Thea. His eyes slit yet again as he weighed the evidence displayed before him, finally coming to an almost thoughtful halt on the curled form of Thea and resting there....

His Dark Lord, instead of enslaving or just killing these two as was the usual modus operandi of the Vong, had commanded they be brought back to their world unharmed. At the time he had briefly wondered as to the reasoning behind this variance from the norm; now he seemed to have been given an answer.

He grunted acknowledgment with himself and his line of reasoning. Then he stepped forward, pulling an object from his belt-bag as he came to a halt in front of Thea. He nudged her into startled wakefulness with his toe, tossing a pod of some sort, plump and covered with moisture-dripping bumps, onto her lap where the babe had so recently laid.

"Keep yourself nourished and alive with this, human," he snarled down at her. "We have yet some time to travel."

He then whirled on his heel and stalked back to his men, there to continue overseeing their flight back home. Although not a speck of this was shown in his demeanor, he suddenly was filled with a pressing sense of urgency. He wanted nothing as badly as he now wanted to get back home, and be rid of his two uncanny passengers.

Ahead of them, the great barred galaxy grew larger and larger with every passing moment.

Logged: 152.163.204.188
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-03-2002 09:46 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was startled at the warrior's sudden change in attitude towards her, but happy that she wouldn't have to starve. As he turned his back on her she carefully took a bite of the... well she thought it might be some sort of fruit. She was careful to only eat a tiny bit as she wasn't sure how long the trip would actually be and she wanted to save some for later, when she needed it again. The juice was slightly sweet she noticed contentedly and after eating very little she felt satisfied. She carefully wrapped the rest in a handkerchief that had been in her pocket and tucked it securely in her belt pouch before curling up again to sleep. She only hoped it would last until either she was rescued or they reached thier destination - a destination she hoped had more food to offer her for the long run.

--------------------

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

unregistered

posted 05-09-2002 12:09 PM       Edit/Delete Post
The Vong ship had by now breached the outskirts of the barred spiral galaxy it called home, heading in an unerring line toward one of the inner arms swirling about the gigantic and brilliant nucleus this galaxy possessed. There lay the darkly foreboding home of the greatest and most powerful race of beings ever to take breath... or command of others.

Leaning forward a bit anxiously, the Subcommander willed the pod to go faster. Two days at the most, and he would be home. Two more days in which he still had to bear the sight of various and sundry milking creatures popping in and out of his little ship.

He shuddered at the mere thought of them. Always they had come from the very air, and always had they disappeared when the tiny entity had finished suckling. Never again had that unexpected and mysterious blast repeated itself; while the Subcommander didn't have actual proof of it, he highly suspected that it had been produced by one of their captives... although why such power had yet to actually attempt freeing them was beyond him.

The mere thought made him shudder again; the possibility of jeedai being allowed safe entry into his very front door--? Fighting against rising questions and concerns, questions he had no right to be considering, he shot a sideways glance toward the babe now sleeping in the little girl's arms. He gritted his teeth.

Soon, soon he would be home and rid of these two. No coward he... but the idea was suddenly very, very appealing.

He straightened and stared out the forward view-villip, glorying in the brilliance of the stars laid before his eyes like millions of jewels sparkling in the night, and wishing to himself that they could somehow increase their velocity from the topspeed at which they were already racing.

Home never looked so good to him before.

[ 05-09-2002 12:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yuuzhan Vong Warrior ]

Logged: 207.165.114.22
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-16-2002 10:15 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The time seemed to drag eternally for Thea she concentrated on the little girl as much as possible and with the rest of her strength tried to get through to the Jedi but she was starting to lose hope - she hadn't even been able to sense them in so long. Only her responsibility for the child kept her from crying out in fear at the loss of contact with her family at the Praxeum.

--------------------

Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 05-23-2002 12:20 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea woke startled and screamed then looked around her and leaned back against the wall picking up the still sleeping baby and cuddling her close. "A dream, it was only a dream," she told herself but it frightened her just the same. Her family dying - her new family that was - something in the Praxeum - she couldn't see what it was but everything was red. Then Cella running - she had tried to call to her but she didn't know what she had tried to say - the sound had been swallowed away from her. Shivering Thea closed her eyes, "A dream it was only a dream, only a dream - they are ok they will find me, just a dream or please be just a dream..."

--------------------

ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 05-23-2002 01:19 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The little babe move fitfully in Thea's arms, somehow sensing, in what could only be termed approximations of dreams, that elsewhere a pooling darkness beckoned. It pulled at her, tugging at her with barely realized fingers which reached somewhere deep inside of her on a purely instinctive level, turning her elementary attentions away from the darkness which yet lay ahead and directing it backward.

Slowly her uncanny eyes opened wide and peered into sights no one but she could sense. Other than that one small movement, she lay utterly still in Thea's arms, not even minding that the little girl was now hugging her in a desperation born of yet another rising fear. In this manner she remained absolutely quiet, letting her instincts decide for her just which of the two beckoning darknesses would prove the more enticing to her.

Were she able of conscious thought, she would had shrugged and muttered, "That is anybody's guess...."

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 207.165.114.22
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 06-02-2002 01:45 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the days dragged on, Thea lost even more hope for herself, even her meditations didn't help her anymore as she only saw destruction and turmoil, the loss of all she held dear. "Why must I be so weak, why can't I do anything to help this baby and myself?" she thought. But through it all she had begun to get a sensation that familar lines were reaching out towards them from a distance but they were so blurred she couldn't make out who - or what they were coming from.

--------------------

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 216.238.141.156
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 08-27-2002 08:40 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thea was growing more and more desperate by the day. The more time past the more she felt she had to do something - she knew she wouldn't survive mentally too much longer away from the Praxeum. If only she had had more time there she thought, she would know how to act now...

--------------------

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 09-04-2002 03:08 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That his ruse had failed was more than obvious, and had no need to continue. Now questing further into the wonderful mysteries of all the forces known to exist, he easily ripped that portal wider, stuck both hands into that searing cold, and viciously took hold of that which he now sought.

Spacetime closed with a little "pop" as in one fell swoop he wrenched the young Thea and his daughter back into his presence. The human was immediately discarded; a quick thought sent for his crony Desolist to come deal with her, as for the moment Entaris seemed to be nowhere about. Instead, he only had eyes for his daughter.

Turquoise orbs stared down into violet-ringed ones which otherwise matched his own. The little babe considered him in uncanny recognition... and then reached up her tiny arms toward him, her fingers wriggling in something akin to delight.

"Da-da," she said, then fell into paroxysms of cooing and bubbling laughter in the arms of her father, the Dark Lord of the Warrior clan of the Sith.

Who had every intention of maintaining that title.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-04-2002 03:20 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow ShaRhylla and Thea into the Evil Among Us thread in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT  

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e