my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » And Space is Around Us Cold (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: And Space is Around Us Cold
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-10-2002 07:31 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Happy, happy Verpine am I!

In my arms a new hydrospanner I am cradling as I wait for the lift to come and back to the docking bay take me. Now soon Devil-May-Care will back beneath my tender touch be, and in no time off to join others we will go!

But what is this-??

The door to the lift whooshes open in front of me. There before me, a wild-eyed being, snarling and frothing and certainly boding no good will toward man nor Verpine.

This will never do. Of the utmost importance is calm environment, or the ship entrusted to my care in top operational condition will never be.

Being is staring at me as if dirt beneath his feet I am. Or under his rather long tail; that is to my liking not.

No harm to others nor my ship. None.

And... very fast are Verpines... something which is to other people always overlooked.

A sudden heft. An indomitable swing, the force behind it more so for the determination which drives it. A brand-spanking new hydrospanner gives its life in defense of ship and crew, colliding against the skull of threatening creature and dropping him like a stone.

I kick the thing with one clawed foot, not wanting my poor new hydrospanner to see. Then to comm unit go I, and call out to others I do.

"Come to lift 287, section 13-A; near docking bay corridor C-12." Turn I now to unconscious and rather strange-looking creature, holding aloft remains of 'spanner; into my large eye a glint now comes. I reach down...
I believe this is called a lightsaber, but a strange one indeed it is....

Now come the others, who secure this being and hustle him back to the docking bay. Not near Devil! I shout into my mind, but no. Away go they with listless burden and into an escape pod they hustle him. A hatch closes, and POOF.

Away he goes as out of hyperdrive we slide. A momentary lurch...

...and back into the comforting starstreaks we are, I know. I nod, and head to their head engineer. Perhaps another unneeded hydrospanner he has for me....

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.197.188
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 05-10-2002 07:42 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron was just about to reply to Yaoksi's question when his comm beeped again.

He hated being the Captain of the ship when things were amok.

"Barnes here."

"Captain, we are rid of our intruder. We have a really fast and intelligent Verpine to thank for stopping him before he caused further damage. We have also just recovered the modified escapepod which he used to board our ship. Staff is taking a look at it--might give us a clue as to who we are dealing with. In the meantime, we've also inherited his lightsaber, thanks to our Verpine pal again."

"K'kihl," Matt mouthed to Aaron, knowing he was probably the only Verpine aboard the Hornett at the moment.

"Well, I'll have to give K'kihl my personal thanks," Aaron said. "Meanwhile I'd actually like to take a look at that escapepod myself," he commented. "I'll be down with a few friends who will be very interested in looking at a piece of this puzzle in just a few minutes."

[ 05-10-2002 07:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.150.213.121
Veren Mechanica

Member # 175

posted 05-11-2002 01:21 PM     Profile for Veren Mechanica   Author's Homepage   Email Veren Mechanica     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
the cold metal chilled Veren as his noiw dim amber orbs opened and flicked around but not able to focus, he struggled to his feet and stumbled over to the control chair in the escape pod, he eased himself into the chair and took a minute to focus on his surroundings.

Once he saw his crippled ship from the viewing screen infront of him he tried to curse outloud but little more that a croak and a trickle of blood came from his throat. With a slow hand he tapped in the commands to the pod and headed for his ship.

Once the pod docked with his ship he had gotten some strength back, he knew his ship wouldn't be able to go anywhere, its engine was smashed but the hyper drive was working but with was to risky to use on his damaged ship....but on a strengthened escape pod....

After a few hours he had completed a task that would take minutes if he was un injured but what seemed like a simple hit from a hydro spanner had affected him much worse because of his species's soft skin and bone.

the escape pod filled with suplies was now ready and Veren set for the pod to go to his home planet where he would heal himself so he could fight another day...

"damn.....you....jeddaih...."

OOC: gone to http://forums.escapepod.net/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000027 (wish you where there)

[ 05-11-2002 01:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Veren Mechanica ]

--------------------

Some dream of Success and others wake up and work hard to achieve it....but i cheat, lie and steal, and achieve it

Posts: 49 | From: Astley Village, England | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 194.117.133.196
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 05-11-2002 05:05 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I dropped the ZZ'shzq out of hyperspace well away from this system's blazing blue giant of a primary, and for the first time in my life came in on a tangent to the equatorial plane that was perpendicular to a direct line between the planet before me and its star.

Sure as there's Treasure on Roon, we didn't want to appear to be sneaking up on this particular world!

Settling back a bit in my seat at navigation, I flashed a hopeful grin toward Terrin. "Well, here we go, love," I spoke into a silence which quite suddenly began looming as greatly as did the planetary surface in our forward viewscreen. "I sure hope that Seus remembers me, because--"

My words were abruptly cut off as our bridge speaker squawked into life.

"Incoming vessel, state identification, Captain and destination." The tone of that staticky voice brooked no room for deception; I shot Terrin one final loving look -- in case it would be the last one ever shared between us -- and took a deep breath.

"Ground control, this is Galen Jhin'Dar piloting ZZ'shzq," I began formally. "Captain Terrin Danner wishes to extend--"

Once again my words were cut off as a loud squawk filled the bridge. There was a moment of silence; then over a mechanical sort of rustle a vaguely familiar voice was now heard.

"Galen Jhin'Dar?" it queried thoughtfully, then brightened by several degrees. "Galen! How on Kessel are ya, gal? It's me, remember? Zarkon." The speakers quieted to more staticky chatter, then his voice came through loud and clear.

"Follow docking procedures Alpha-14 to padd 74D; I'm sure you remember from the last time you were here." More static, somehow muffled as though someone were trying to block the mouthpiece on the other end. Then: "You'll be met there, and welcome back!"

I turned to Terrin with a shrug, my eyes wide. "In for a credit..."

ZZ'shzq made a graceful swoop, entered the planet's outer atmosphere, and headed down to dock upon the mysterious and hidden world of the Bounty Hunter's Guild.

((OOC: Follow Galen, Terrin, Shawn and Jasyn into the thread, "The Rise of Memories" in the Complete SW Universe forums, thank you.))

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.56
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 05-12-2002 09:36 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The pod left behind by the intruder was enough to peak any ship-lovers interest.

To any casual observer who didn't know too much about ships, the four claws which had apparently been clinging to the Hornett's hull when they blasted off into hyperspace was enough to prove this wasn't your average pod.

"Strange, wonder who makes this model," Matt said, cocking his head at the salvaged escapepod.

"It's a good bet no Imperial source," Aaron observed.

Matt simply nodded. "Probably not. Who wants to make an escapepod that can cut a hole into their primarily used ships?"

"Some sort of small time dealer then," Aaron reasoned.

"Probably so," Matt agreed. "Some company that sells to bounty hunters and smugglers and the like for the majority of their profits. Think we can find the seller of this thing?"

Aaron frowned thoughtfully, scanning the looks of the others with him. Yaoksi was looking pretty intrigued, but then Aaron wasn't too sure he wasn't more interested in the Twi'lek standing next to him, trying to inconspicuously lean her head against his shoulder. The Jedi seemed troubled even by standards of typical Jedi calm.

Sheesh, this was a WHOLE LOT of fun.

"Maybe we can," Aaron said at last, finally answering Matt's question. "But I don't think that'll help us figure out who this guy was unless we can somehow talk someone into telling us if any Dark Jedi have made purchases lately. How successful THAT will be is debatable."

"I know," the red-headed man said, frowning down at the escapepod once more. "But then, I'd like to take a chance and figure out just who this guy is in case he strikes again..."

[ 05-12-2002 09:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.149
Cella Poliani

Member # 115

posted 05-17-2002 05:52 PM     Profile for Cella Poliani   Author's Homepage   Email Cella Poliani     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cella exhaled slowly. She'd hardly realized she'd been holding her breath, but the tension building up in her slowly washed away. "Praise be for K'kihl, anyhow," she commented quietly. "I do believe he's saved the day for us."

"I'm curious too," she continued. "I'm positive this Dark One wasn't connected with our 'friends' on Khar Delba," she said rather dryly, "and I don't know of any other possible places where this homicidal maniac would have come from. I'd like to find out who he is and where he came from...before he and his friends find us."

Naisra'len cocked her head, lekku waving. "I don't know as much about ships as I do about weaponry, but that pod looks like a custom job to me. I only know of a few manufacturers who'd make something like that, and they're not telling who their buyers are. I'm thinking it's time for a little hacking, eh?"

Cella smiled at the Twi'lek, then her expression turned serious. "I think this pod is probably our best clue to who this Dark One is and where he came from."

Posts: 76 | From: see Rogue Angel | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 172.157.65.91
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 05-18-2002 10:06 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The ZZ'Shzq reverted to realspace to a rather impressive scene. Terrin smiled at the sight of the Hornett, albeit rather darkly. His eyes defocused as a memory surfaced.

""Ahh-- er...Nice fleet..."

The smile shifted to a frown as they approached the opening in the belly of the ship that would lead them into the main hanger.

"So what's our next move?" Jasyn queried into the quietness, his voice actually tinged with a bit of concern.

Hell, the guy could gripe and complain and be completely annoying, but when it came down to it he was loyal and would go the extra parsec without being asked. And the guys rather liked Galen...

Terrin sighed. "Our next move is to get the information we need to make a sensible move, as quickly as we can. This is rather difficult; as we've discussed we have alot of speculation and little fact. I want the solid data. And I'm really counting on Stargazer Corporation to get what I need. We need to go information fishing and find out just who might have had a certain interest in Sith relics. That might be a challenging task, but then, that's what information smugglers do best. And I think it just might give us a lead."

Terrin's words cut off as he devoted his full attention to landing the ZZ'Shzq safely in the hanger. In only a few minutes, the ship was down and systems were cooling. The three men made their way out of the little yacht, Terrin way in the lead.

He only stopped a moment to look at a damaged Devil-May-Care. As he stood there wondering who delivered that sort of damage to Yaoksi's ship, Aaron approached.

"Terrin, it's good to see you. We weren't expect--" Aaron frowned. "What's wrong?"

"It's a long story, but I'll fill you in as we walk to my office. To put it simply though, we have a bounty hunter to find, fast. Galen's been snagged, again."

Terrin turned only a fraction to wave Shawn and Jasyn to follow he and Aaron. As they began to head down the corridors of the rather impressive SSD, Terrin couldn't help but ask Aaron one small question before he bagan his tale. "Aaron, why is there a rather nasty tear in the hull of my ship...?"

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.44
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-18-2002 12:02 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Before Terrin could receive an answer to that question, he suddenly noticed the bustling activity on his SSD.

"What the hell happened here, really?" he asked, turning a quizzical eye to his partner. About this time they were joined by the rest of the crew of the Devil-May-Care and Matt, who had been in a cargo hold just off the main docking bay.

"The ship was attacked by some sort of Dark Jedi who managed to try to blow the Devil into oblivion and then latch an escapepod onto the side of the Hornett. Thus the tear in the hull."

Terrin stopped dead in his tracks, bringing everyone who had started trailing behind him to a stop as well.

What the hell was the Universe coming to?

"What happened to this Dark Jedi?" he asked instead, suddenly eyeing Cella Poliani curiously.

"Actually, K'kihl ran into him and managed to knock him senseless so that we could jetison him in an escapepod and get going again. We haven't seen the cricket since. We've been looking about for him everywhere."

Terrin grinned a bit at that. The verpine was probably trying to keep a low profile. And get a new hydrospanner. The damage done to the Devil-May-Care was probably driving him crazy.

Now...a Dark Jedi aboard his SSD...THAT was a bit disturbing. But this quite obviously was NOT the Sith. Not with the unsuccessful attack tactics. Not with the ease at getting rid of him. They'd figure out what was up with this guy later. Right after...

"Terrin, where's Galen?" Matt suddenly quizzed out of seemingly nowhere.

"A bounty hunter by the name of Sorben Tarnus grabbed her on the Guild World and managed to outsmart us all. She's...with him..."

Terrin's words cut off as his eyes defocused. "I haven't a clue where to start on this, but we've gotta make some sort of move, soon. We don't have enough solid information to know where to go next, but we do have some ideas. We all need to talk, and I need as many heads on this as possible. Yaoksi," here he paused, his blue eyes meeting the ones of the smuggler, "We might be needing K'kihl's brain too, and I know he'd want to be informed of Galen's kidnapping."

After all, Galen HAD said the Verpine had saved her life before. Sheesh, here the Verpine had been with them for months and he STILL didn't know the story behind that. And he didn't know how Galen and the Verpine knew each other to begin with.

But at the moment, that was probably an inconsequential bit of information.

Breaking himself from this momentary diversion of thoughts, Terrin addressed Yaoksi again, "You might wanna comm the K'kihl and let him know we could use his help..."

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.44
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 05-18-2002 12:49 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I frowned with concern to hear the dark words Captain Danner was speaking. I had gradually found myself taking on a sort of "big brother" attitude toward Galen, ever since I had trailed her time and time again to the surface of Sullust where she had gone seeking her own personal solace after the awful experience she had undergone in the hotsprings there. She was a tough fighter with a ready humor and from what I understood from the few times we had managed to chat, was a whale of a pilot and navigator. I had always wanted a kid sister like that, but no--

Sheesh, I thought to myself as I dialed up the Cricket's personal comm frequency. I sure hope nothing terrible is happening to her. That lil gal has already been through so much hell--

My voiceless thoughts were interrupted as K'kihl's chittery voice came over my comm in a burst of static. "K'kihl this is," he said simply. I raised my wrist to my lips.

"Hey buddy, there's a meeting coming up you, umm... don't want to be missing out on." I paused, floundering, knowing that nothing but the truth would drag the Verpine from the Devil, but unwilling to say the only words which would accomplish that task. I chewed my lip a second, a second in which his voice piped up again.

"Have for me a hydrospanner found... again?" He sounded remarkably calm for the one who had managed to offhandedly save the Hornett and her crew some major damage at least, not to mention man-hours away from our original plan of action in dealing with the shoddy Dark One who had tried to create havoc with my ship and this one.

I couldn't help but grin at that. "Ahh... no.

"But I'm sure I we could scrounge one up for you." Here I quirked my brows to Captain Danner, and mouthed a silent query. Then I turned back to the comm.

"Just get your carapace up to Captain Barnes' --er, Captain Danner's ready room--" I hastily amended. There was no getting around it; I could hear the silence on the other end lengthening out into a well of negation. I took in a deep breath, and then let the words shoot out all at once.

"Captain Danner's fiancee has been kidnapped, buddy, and he needs every capable mind on this... now. So just get up there; I'll explain more when you arrive."

Without going into any more detail than that, I slammed off my comm unit and took Nassy's hand in mine.

"Let's get this show on the road," I said, then turning from the strangely adapted little pod and averting my eyes from my poor Devil-May-Care, I stepped out to follow the others who turned as one and left the docking bay.

[ 05-18-2002 01:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.101.177
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-18-2002 01:38 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Frowning I am, but going as well.

What is happening to Galen? I am wondering as hurry I do away from the poor ship which into my care has been entrusted.

Frown I again deeper.

Really, hydrospanner I must get. Hydrospanner I am needing....

A sigh I am making now as hurrier I go, and soon at the door to the ready room I am finding myself. Other crew members hurrying are as the door ahead of me opens and into the room, with familiar faces is crowded, I now go.

To Captain Joao I am turning my gaze, and to his side I am going. "Here am I," my presence I am announcing... then into sudden quiet I am falling.

Everyone so dark and angered is looking....

Now I am pausing, waiting for someone to speak.

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.101.181
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-18-2002 02:08 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned to himself more to anyone else, then waved a hand expansively, indicating that everyone should have a set around the ready room table.

Then he turned first to K'kihl, who probably was waiting for someone to fill him in on why he'd been disturbed from repairing his ship.

Terrin got straight to the point. "K'kihl, when we were on the Bounty Hunter's Guild World looking for a sith ship Galen used to pilot we were jumped by a bounty hunter named Sorben Tarnus. He has taken her." Now he turned to the whole group. "And that's about all we know, excepting that once upon a time Galen and Sorben worked together and that they'd related to the Guild that Galen knew about a site with Sith ships. From what this Seus fellow, who is the leader of one of the guilds said, that certain site was found to be empty, and that Tarnus's accounts were completed liquidated. I'm wondering if he might have sold some of the Sith ships he thought he had, only to find out they weren't there. When his buyer found out that there were no ships, the buyer wanted his or her money back. Either Tarnus had to pay the debt and now wants his money back, or something even more complex is going on involving the fact that Galen was the person who located the ships to begin with.

Of course, this is all speculation, and won't get us anywhere towards finding her," Terrin commented, looking rather wistful. He sighed. There might be something else here they all needed to know. "Sorben and Galen were...romantically involved for sometime. In fact, her baby is his. I'm concerned that..." Terrin paused another moment, frowning at his own thoughts, "...that Tarnus has been looking for her for some time now, and found out she was with me. He did manage to imply he'd be back for me before he knocked me out. Not that I'm concerned about myself," Terrin continued. "I'm more concerned about how Sorben will react to Galen if he has been angered by this. I've been in his shoes before, and I know how much finding out someone you loved, or at least thought you loved, can affect you. I know how I reacted. Thank goodness I ran into Galen when I did, or else there's no telling where I might be now."

Terrin quieted at that, searching inwardly for that one spark of inspiration on how to find Galen before something did happen. Nothing was coming at the moment.

"I guess I just don't know where to go with this. We've gotta help Galen find the baby, but we just can't do that without her. And I love her too much to just leave her hanging, especially when I know how worried about her little girl she is. I need suggestions, so anything you've got will be of help here."

Then, Terrin simply clammed up at that and waited for someone to say something.

[ 05-18-2002 02:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.107
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 05-18-2002 02:55 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The room before me out of focus is.

Blink would I, could I.

Oh Boss Sorben, into what troubles have you yourself fallen...?

Eyes to me are looking, searching, I am realizing. Gulping am I; no great orator have I ever found myself. But--

From Boss Yaoksi's to Captain Terrin's eyes am I now looking. Open mandibles I am... closing them not.

Words coming not.

Difficult-- my partner for so long he has been.... Boss Sorben, what dark path tread you now?

Again I try.

"Know well I this bounty hunter of which you speak." Words crashing into stunned silence like crystal waves on hard-rock shore. "Worked with him many years, have I. Partner to him for years have I been.

"Saved him and this poor Verpine from Dark One called Wicked, did Galen. Saved us with Sith ship, did she."

Now silent I am falling.... My head with minutia is filled, but the words to my mandibles come not. So difficult is this....

My shoulders now are slumping, my voice now sighing. Like small and soft creature coiling for the night, it as well is coiling into whisper.

"For some time together they were, pursued by Wicked, and other Dark Ones as well. Gravin Dark, Darth Desolist..." Ticking them off on manipulatory appendages now pause I for doing. Then I am continuing.

"Rescued Varsala, wife of Jedi Master Quee, did they. But at risk of Boss Sorben, who taken to Wicked was. Later discovered we that Wicked there was not, and taken to Sith Lady Graysith was instead."

Pause I again. Oh, silence, silence so dear is now to me beckoning....

On, push I. "In frightful panic was Galen. Loved Sorben very much, did she. Loved her much as well he did, although at time admitted it not. Later married I thought they would be... To Seus with "bounty" she went, returning Lady Varsala to Guild. Later Guild to Quee Varsala gave, I am deducing." Pause I for shrug; hurry on, before words too cold are growing.

"Agreed, did Seus, a ship to Galen give. But at knowledge of our destination in payment... to this did Galen agree, and then to the place of Death did we go."

Yet again I am pausing. My head to one side is cocking; Devil-May-Care to me is calling, is crying....

Onward.

"There did we find that which seeking she was. Sith ship liberated we from rock... and off to Khar Delba we go. There to surface Galen departed... lost contact with her did I. Back to Seus was only my hope... to us in mystery later were they returned.

"Adventure with Desolist then did we find... and end up in Dalius City together did we. With child did Galen discover herself-- and one night in more mystery did she leave us there."

Now longer I am pausing, my head is bowing before the weight of words inside. Visions in my eyes are arising, I am liking them not. My voice quieter grows.

"A year... a year sought Sorben and I, his love and his child to find. A year... away from Seus did he turn. No more jobs did he have, money to hunt soon running out... then one day, money did we have and on the hunt again did we go.

"But in vain. No Galen did we find. Back to Dalius City did we then go, another trail to there pick up maybe. But there did Boss Sorben push this poor Verpine away... and there did I Captain Joao meet and join.

"Other than this, nothing else do I know. Except... that when pushing away, stated Boss-Sorben that too dangerous for this Verpine it would be, to assist further with hunt for love and child... and that Devil-May-Care from negligence is crying. No more have I to say, I am knowing. To my charge I must go...."

Stop I now, to Boss Yaoksi am I looking. Pleading crashes into wide green pools which his eyes have become.

[ 05-18-2002 03:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by K'kihl ]

--------------------

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.204.188
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 05-18-2002 03:13 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I gaped at Terrin, and then at my engineer. I hadn't quite caught the name he had mentioned in his earlier and somewhat muttered disclosure, but now it slammed back into me like a ship out of control.

Now I know I watched too many holovid space operas as a kid...!

I opened my mouth, flapped it like an opee out of water for a bit before words finally escaped my lips. I didn't know to which of the two I should address my opening statement, so I just let it fly into the middle distance between them.

"Buddy, are you telling me that Sorben Tarnus is the guy who took Galen?!?"

No one answered that rather stupid remark. Terrin just cut his eyes to me for a quick moment and then focused them back on the Verpine. K'kihl just worked his mandibles with a little clack.

I managed to get myself under more semblance of control, but I couldn't help the one hand which sneaked up to massage my throat at the mere memory of how I had met the my engineer in the Blue Asteroid on Dalius City's seamier side of town. For a moment I just stood there. Then--

"We're going to have to be cautious, friends," I suggested, letting my hand drop. "This Sorben Tarnus is smart, fast, unbelievably strong... and probably a very dangerous kinda guy altogether."

I then dropped into silence, releasing my squirming engineer back to the Devil with a nod as I gave Nassy's hand a reassuring squeeze and just stood there waiting to hear what would be spoken next.

[ 05-18-2002 03:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.204.188
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-18-2002 03:45 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin didn't know what to say. Didn't have a clue where to start.

He hadn't known that K'kihl was Sorben's partner, and apparently good friend. He hadn't known...

He stared rather blankly at the departing verpine, trying to avoid the fact that all eyes had basically turned in his direction and were evaluating him quizzically.

Suddenly he would have liked nothing more than to crawl under the table. He figured they were probably all wondering how in the Universe it was that Galen had loved Sorben so much yet was now with him.

And what if Tarnus HAD been really angered when he'd discovered that Galen had found another?

Somehow Terrin knew that Sorben just had to have known about he and Galen. How else could he have ever found her on the Guild World anyway?

And just who had tipped him off to their whereabouts to begin with?

And what were Sorben Tarnus's intentions?

Trying to hide the expression of complete dread that was probably crossing his face, Terrin turned and walked to the viewscreen and stared at and past it blankly, trying to figure out just where to begin when he finally knew what it was he was going to say after these revelations.

Oh gods, but he hoped Tarnus didn't hurt her...

...she'd already been through so much. Couldn't Sorben see that? Shouldn't he KNOW that, even if he'd been hurt that Galen was with someone else?

And didn't the bounty hunter see something at all wrong with the fact that Galen had obviously delivered a baby, yet there was no baby in sight? What was he thinking?

"We've gotta go after her, despite the possible risks," Terrin said at length, still not turning around to face the others. "I'm truly, deeply concerned about her saftey," he added, finally turning, his blue eyes still distant with worry. "If Tarnus has been seeking Galen out all this time, I wonder if he could have bumped into someone who was interested in finding Galen as well. Maybe, with his loss of credits, Sorben resorted to working for whomever this person was to help find her. Or perhaps he's been using this person's funding all along in an effort to find her for himself, not ever intending to follow through with presenting her to his employer if he did find her.

Terrin frowned again, the sickening feeling of being completely oblivious as where to find Galen nearly overwhelming him. "But at least we do know he's been looking for her relentlessly, to the point of losing his own job. Yet somehow he's managed to get the funding to continue his search. I feel something terrible is going to happen if we don't get on this right away. Shawn?"

The Jedi, who had been standing quietly in the corner taking in everything, nodded and focused his blue-green eyes on Terrin. "Have you contacted Stargazer Corporation?"

Shawn nodded in the affirmative. "I've been waiting to see what they can dig up."

"Well, please, call them again and encourage them to dig faster. Time is of essence."

"I'll be right on it Terrin. And I'll see if I can get a Force-lock on her again."

Terrin nodded once in approval. "Thank you."

With that the Jedi left, and Terrin turned to everyone else yet again. "If anyone has any ideas as to what to do here, I'm more than open for suggestions..."

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.107
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 05-18-2002 05:29 PM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shawn quietly trudged along the corridors of the expansive Hornett til at length he found himself in a quiet enough place to comm back to Katrina aboard the Stargazer.

"Jedi Shawn Petrolu requesting to speak to Katrina Mandraff."

"Speaking," a female replied. "We have some information you might find of interest."

"Okay, spill."

"Back not too long after Shayla first disappeared and Erik was looking for her himself, we stumbled upon some information about this Tarnus fellow working for some sort of Sith or Dark Jedi named Gravin Dark. We thought there might be a link for a while, but we never really got any trace on the bounty hunter or his employers. Dark's name has come up again recently however in connection with an Imperial take over of the Galaxy that has been lead by an Imperial Admiral by the name of Actar. That's all we've got though."

Shawn frowned to himself. "Thanks Katrina. And keep digging."

"No problem. You be careful out there, Shawn."

"I will. Petrolu out."

As Shawn mulled through this new information, he couldn't avoid the worry creeping up inside him. He'd known there was something evil and dark spreading through the Galaxy...and apparently a Sith or Dark Jedi had been behind it. And he could bet big credits this Sith knew about Galen's baby. How convenient for him to have hired the father of the child to get to her. Chances were that Tarnus had been given certain "conditions" to work for this guy to begin with.

In a few minutes, Shawn returned to Terrin's ready room and related what info he'd been given.

Terrin, as well as the others in the room, were postively gaping. But none so much as Terrin. The emotions rolling off him borderlined on complete horror. Shawn shot a greeny-blue gaze at the taller man, a suspicion creeping up in his mind.

Terrin knew something about all of this...

[ 05-18-2002 05:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 146.201.34.107
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 05-18-2002 05:49 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What if he'd helped in this Imperial takeover all that time ago when he'd been the Moff's lackey??? was about all Terrin could initially think.

But then he thought of her, alone with Tarnus, who was possibly working for someone really evil...

Terrin tried to get far enough away from his own horror to say something that seemed coherent. Shawn was looking at him oddly, but then Shawn didn't know Terrin knew of Actar, and probably didn't think he had any regrets about working for the Moff.

"Look!" Terrin suddenly blurted. "That Admiral Actar has been after Galen and snagged her at least twice that I know of. He's got an itch to bring the Empire back, and he's been really wanting to get a hold of Galen's baby. He's never been all that effective, but this Dark guy..."
Where had Terrin heard Galen mention Dark before??? He knew she had...

Then it hit him. "If Gravin Dark is somehow linked with an Imperial takeover, we are simply in deep bantha doo-doo. Not only had he been after Sorben and Galen, he'd been searching for a weapon called the Nar Khelba--which could kill the soul of a Force user--and that we once had in our possession til..."

here he paused and shuddered a moment. "...til I lost my arm in an attack by one of the Sith's creatures. I don't recall if Galen told me, but I'm pretty sure Gravin was somehow linked with the Sith. And if that's who Sorben is working for and planning to take her to now...

...she and the baby, as well as Sorben Tarnus, are all in considerable danger...even if Tarnus doesn't think so."

[ 05-18-2002 05:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-18-2002 06:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: Follow Terrin, Matt, Jasyn, Cella, Yaoksi, K'kihl, Nassy and Shawn --did I miss anybody??? --and their crew members into "Against All Odds" thread in this forum, thank you.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.102.172

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e