my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » A Swiftly Tilting Future (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Swiftly Tilting Future
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-16-2002 05:02 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now, at least for a short space of time, we found ourselves in an interlude between all the wild adventures we had been embroiled in for far too long, able at last to sit back and breath a collective sigh of relief and relax. I checked the controls of the ZZ'Shzq yet again, even though my ever-active sixth sense told me all was well. I heaved a sigh, and sat back in the pilot's seat, turning now to give the ship we were in another perusal.

It was a nice enough Ubrikkian space yacht: armed with Mandalorian plating and a pair of laser cannon, it was about 75 meters long and a gleaming ebony blue, just large enough to give us all some personal space but small enough to be maneuverable and .. at least we hoped... unnoticable to the casual eye. Hovering behind me, Terrin placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a gentle squeeze. "Well--?" he asked, as if reading my thoughts. "What do you think of her?"

I smiled and placed my hand atop his, turning in the seat to face him. "She's nice enough, I'll admit that. Her color will hide her from any visual contact while we're in realspace, and hopefully the shield Rean has on us will hide us otherwise." I paused a moment, sending a fervant prayer heavenward. While to our instruments there was absolutely nothing untoward in connection with the pleasant yacht, Rean had stated several times that the shielding was firmly emplaced about it. We would be invisible to any Force or All-users; there was nothing we could do but trust him in his avowal of that fact.

Even as the thought crossed my mind, I tapped a control and a wide-angle rear-view displayed itself across our viewscreen. Nothing showed there but the brilliance of the myriad stars we slipped amidst; I had to trust that Rean was somewhere out there in his ship as well. My smile turned a bit grim, and I looked down to the claw which Terrin had given to me, and which I had promptly hung for safe-keeping directly on the belt of my flightsuit. While a part of me was quaking in sheer terror for the proximity of the Thing, another part stressed I didn't dare let it out of our sight... or out of my sight for that matter.

Giving Terrin's hand another squeeze, I now turned to Jasyn, who was sitting off to our immediate right at the weapon's console.

"You wanna take over for a bit?" I asked him, trusting in his abilities. "I think I wanna go aft and... well, just get a little exercise."

He grinned and promptly came to claim the seat I was vacating. Impulsively, I gave him a hug. "Thanks, Jasyn," I said with a smile. "You don't have to stay here; I think auto-pilot can handle things if you get bored and want some company.

"But if you stay, holler when we're close enough to the coordinates I set to send a communication before we hit hyperspace. Nothing else we can do now but rest and hope that Seus is still with the Guild."

[ 04-26-2002 07:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.184
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 02-16-2002 06:05 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After making sure to send a message to the Devil-May-Care for Matt or Yaoksi to contact him as soon as they returned, Terrin wandered back aft to join Galen. He smiled a bit wistfully and came to her, wrapping his arms about her.

He had to admit to himself, the fact that Yaoksi and Matt hadn't been in contact since they had redirected to Kessel was really beginning to eat at him. Where the Hell HAD Rean sent Cella Poliani?

When would he ever know without a doubt that he could trust the guy? Or that he couldn't? Or was this all just part of his mistrusting mantra that he'd carried about himself for so long?

Unconsciously, Terrin frowned to himself, analyzing further. He'd really been trusting the guy pretty solidly the past few months, until recently.

Until remnants of the Sith had popped up again. Until Rean had used that blasted device to zap Cella Poliani elsewhere.

And this all so conveniently was occurring as Galen was getting closer to term...

That, in truth, was the very reason Terrin's trust in Master Rean was slipping. They were about to have a baby to raise, one with some very powerful abilities. And now that their two accompanying Jedi seemed to be at odds with one another, something just didn't seem right.

Would it be wise for him to entrust their safety into the hands of Jedi who seemed to be at war with themselves? How could he trust them, when they clearly didn't trust each other?

At last Terrin sighed, finally voicing his concerns to the one single person in the galaxy he knew he trusted. Then he quieted, waiting for her reply.

[ 02-16-2002 06:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.160
Master Rean

Member # 151

posted 02-22-2002 11:14 AM     Profile for Master Rean   Author's Homepage   Email Master Rean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Master Rean sat at the controls for his ship. He kept a very close eye both physically and with the force on the ship that he was trailing. There were two people of great importance to him on that ship and he would see them safe.

Rean's mind and heart was heavy with the mistrust he felt from those inside, those he called friends. What would it take before they could trust him both as a jedi and a friend? He was unsure at this point but he knew that the time would present itself, it always does. Until then he kept a force shield around both of them keeping them undetectable by both force and all users until they could reach their destination.

--------------------

Through the force all become one.

Posts: 28 | From: | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 12.216.32.42
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-24-2002 11:26 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shook my head, not so much at the concerns Terrin was voicing aloud rather than at the realization that they were outlining my own. Not responding for a long moment, I silently weighed the pros and cons concerning this Jedi Master who had popped up into our happy little group so unexpectedly.

He came to our assistance when I was at an extreme physical and emotional low, and had lent impetus to my surprisingly rapid recovery from the hideous event spawning said "low." PRO.

He popped up UNEXPECTEDLY, knowing of me, my baby, the evil strength against us. CON.

He has remained with us, helping us, saved me from my own stupidity in regards to that hideous weapon we were STILL stuck carrying around like the biggest target in the Galaxy. PRO.

And he DID pitch that demon from hell into the lava. Another PRO.

He spoke of a relationship with the New Jedi Council. PRO.

I haven't heard of ANY "New Jedi Council," other than via squabbling rumors and suggestions wafting in from here and there. To my knowledge, the center of the building Jedi numbers lay in the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4... to which Cella was affiliated, and from which she had come. CON.

He had zapped Cella away to Kessel, who knows WHERE on Kessel...another CON.

Yet immediately he sends help her way, expressing horror for what he had done. PRO...

...and he had enacted what he did through the use of this "All," which is still such a fresh unknown in my book. BUT... it was definitely something that "normal" Jedi don't use, to my knowledge. CON??

And he did relinquish the Claw to our safe-keeping, agree with our going off on the hunt for Seus, and so far seems to be protecting our ship from harm. PRO.

Seems like the pros outweighed the cons....

I glanced down at my outspread arms, grinning in wry amusement to see my hands see-sawing up and down as I literally balanced what this guy had done for us against what could be seen as action otherwise. Then I raised my eyes to Terrin.

"I just can't argue with logic, love," I smiled at him, slowly lowering my arms to cross them in front of me. I shook my head for emphasis, although perhaps a bit ruefully. "Even though there are a couple quite disconcerting aspects about this guy, he's done more for us than against us, really."

I now straightened up, and raised a hand as Terrin's eyes slit minisculely. "I know, I know." I continued. "Seems strange that we'd have to be actually considering something like this regarding a Jedi, doesn't it? But maybe this guy is somehow, well..."

I paused, my eyes growing vague as I searched inward for what I somehow felt was the truth.

"Not wholely a Jedi after all," I finished in a whisper. Then I brought my attention into sharp focus on Terrin once more.

"But at least he does seem to be wanting to help us... and considering the powers he has, I think we ought to lend him at least a modicum of trust in that department. I know the powers of those against us, love..." I broke off momentarily as a shudder raced through me.

No way in Hell would I ever, ever forget the indomitable strength of those arms as they grasped me, the simple assurance which emanated from that blasted demon that there wasn't a thing I could do to stop his foul act upon my body, the pain and anguish which had scoured me as his clawed hands had ripped great rending tears in my flesh, as his fangs had sunk deeply into my neck, as....

No way in Hell's Seven Circles would I ever forget. But I had gone a step further, thanks to Master Rean. I was able to accept that it had happened... and that I was strong enough to face the fact. That acceptance could have led me to lifelong despair... or burgeoning strength in myself. I had chosen the latter path.

Sure as there's Treasure on Roon I didn't want to forget.

I blinked myself from the momentary distraction, and continued on with my former train of thought. "I know the strength of our opposition, love. Seems to me that it would be a handy thing to have something of that same strength on our side.

"I say we keep trusting him, and see what happens when we get to Seus."

If we can find him, that is, the unwanted shoulder-imp cackled devilishly into my inner ear.

[ 04-26-2002 07:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.174
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 02-24-2002 03:30 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, at least someone else has had the same concerns you've had. At least the "once pirate, always pirate" part of you isn't getting carried away.

At least it isn't getting carried away too much.

And Rean HAD come to their aid when they needed him, more than once. And he HAD taken on that demonic imp...

Terrin shuddered a moment, recalling the feel of that same little creature sinking his teeth into his arm. Then his eyes grew distant again as he continued to reason with himself.

Can't hold anything against the guy for that. Definitely a card in his favor.

And really, what do you know of what is going on between Poliani and Rean anyway? Do you know anything about the padawan that Rean wanted her to go look after? Do you know if said Padawan truly was being ignored?

No.

And remember that Cella Poliani was one of the ones at the Praxeum who let Actar run off with Galen in tow. Granted, she's apologized for that and been forgiven, but it's still an issue in this. Could it be that the Jedi at the Praxeum have grown too lax in defending themselves and others against possible threats, and that THIS is what lead Rean to react as he did to Poliani?

And the Master Jedi HAD, in fact, seemed very regretful that he had reacted as he did. Seemed as though he wanted to give Cella a chance and was keeping his concerns unvoiced until the appropriate time...

...until he'd come in contact with that weapon. A weapon that could only be utilized by someone with abilities in the All.

What the Hell WAS this All? How did it differ from the Force?

As Terrin considered this, something else suddenly occurred to him. Did little Jhin'Darra have All capabilities? You've noticed yourself, on more than one occasion, that in the times she's evidenced her powers through the help of Galen that she seemed to have abilities that extended beyond even that of Force users...

...And if the powers little Jhin had were created in the "change" that turned Galen's exsister into what she now is...

...is that what she too uses? After all, this weapon DID come from her own finger...

Two things were suddenly becoming very apparent. First of all, this "All" could obviously be used, like the Force, for both good and for evil. If that was true then, little Jhin just might need a good example to follow.

One that might come in the person of Jedi Master Rean.

Terrin nodded thoughtfully to himself. Give the Jedi some more time.

Not knowing how long he'd spaced out into his own thoughts, Terrin refocused his gaze on Galen. "Allright," he said at last, smiling a bit, "Trust mode on. I'll wait to see what happens."

Then, laying a hand on her shoulder, he added. "Meanwhile let's enjoy the peaceful moment we seem to have..."

...while it lasts... some little menacing voice added.

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.79
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 02-27-2002 06:43 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn jolted awake when the commboard came alive, flashing red all over.

"What the--?" he started, managing to keep himself from falling on the floor as he flailed a hand out in front of him to rest on the comm switch.

"K'kihl on Devil-May-Care, this is K'kihl on Devil-May-Care. Captain Danner, receiving this are you? Trouble is here on Kessel where we are, assistance we are needing...."

Oh, this was sounding so wonderful already...

"Devil-May-Care, this is Jasyn Lancaster on the ZZ'Shzq, I copy. What's the trouble? And furthermore, how can we help you?"

Then, as he waited, Jasyn activated the ship-wide comm. "Terrin, I don't know where you are, but you better get up in the cockpit. Trouble on Kessel."

After a bit of delay, Terrin replied. "On my way."

Yipee, Jasyn thought sarcastically. Jedi Master sends fellow Jedi to Kessel. Then sends others off to retreive her. Said party of rescuers get into trouble themselves...

As Jasyn continued to await K'kihl's reply, he couldn't help but think I told everyone we didn't need no stinkin' Jedi...

[ 02-27-2002 06:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.90.249.26
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 03-02-2002 01:58 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"ZZ'Shzq, hail of yours is fine in-coming," I affirm briefly. Then to problem at hand I turn.

"Loss of communication between ground-party and ship has occurred. No way to determine whether ship transmission is being received. Party long overdue for rendezvous at landing coordinates. Help we are seeking."

"Loss of communication between ground-party and ship has occurred. No way to determine whether ship transmission is being received. Party long overdue for rendezvous at landing coordinates. Help we are seeking."

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.104.32
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-02-2002 02:14 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin had just entered the cabin when K'kihl's reply came through. Frowning at the idea of some in his party in trouble, he knew what he'd do before K'kihl had even finished his call for help.

These people had been there for the group when they'd been needed. No way in Hell would he leave them stranded. He'd find them if he had to go to the surface of Kessel himself.

Jasyn turned and looked at him quizzically before replying to the return transmission from the Devil-May-Care. Terrin motioned to the comm unit and Jasyn moved away, letting his Captain reply to the message.

"K'khil on the Devil-May-Care, this is Captain Terrin Danner. We are going to divert to Kessel. Keep sending that transmission to the surface in case someone picks it up. Sit tight, we'll be there as soon as possible...in about...a day. If you come up with anything else, let me know."

Then sitting back, Terrin waited to see if there would be another reply, his mind so set upon the new task at hand that he was unaware if the course change had been set into place or not.

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.43
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 03-02-2002 02:27 PM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
To ZZ'Shzq make I now a reply.

"In compliance with suggestion I shall be. Frequency increase to ground I shall be making. In meantime, awaiting your arrival shall we be."

"Devil-May-Care out."

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.104.32
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-02-2002 02:36 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I didn't need to have Terrin tell me what to do. Having followed him to the bridge of our little ship, I had stopped in utter shock at the entrance.

Oh ye Gods, now what?

I shook that thought away, moving quickly forward and taking a seat at the helm. "I'm on it, love," I uttered hurriedly, bringing our little yacht out of hyperdrive to implement the directional change along the Z-axis. My fingers played a tarantelle upon the navboard; in no time I had the new coordinates set.

I didn't even turn to Terrin but just punched 'er in. The ZZ'Shzq gave a momentary shudder as she dropped from hyperdrive, took precious few seconds to properly orient herself, and then shot off into the ravening maw of madness once again.

I sat back in my seat, crossing my arms and frowning a bit to myself. Sheesh, I've always NOT wanted to go to Kessel....

--------------------

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.32
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 03-02-2002 02:56 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ummm...Terrin, don't you think we should at least notify Master Rean of our course change?"

"What? Huh...oh, yeah," Terrin replied, still pretty deep in thought. He didn't like the sounds of this, not one bit. But then, there would be nothing that he could do until they got to Kessel.

But what would they do? And how did he know if Matt and Yaoksi had even found Cella Poliani yet?

They'd HAVE to go down to the surface in order to get enough of of biosensor reading to find anyone with the landscape of the planet.

Oh boy, THAT was sounding like a load of fun.

But, unless some sort of other brillant idea popped into one of their heads, or unless the party showed up, they'd just have to deal with it.
Kessel, here we come...

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.43
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-09-2002 05:50 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Leaning against a bulkhead, Terrin frowned as he gazed out into the altogether disturbing sight of starlines that were indicative of hyperspace travel.

Why hadn't Master Rean thought about what he was doing before he sent Poliani off to Kessel?

The answer came simply enough. He hadn't thought about it. He didn't even intend for it to happen. But, that Claw had somehow "sensed" his feelings and sent Poliani away.

And perhaps that's why Rean had allowed he and Galen to keep the Claw. Maybe he too was concerned with the results of his having the thing in his possession.

And everyone makes a mistake every once in a while. And every once in a while, they make a BIG mistake.

Terrin had been there himself before, and he knew just how damnably difficult those big mistakes were to live down. But he'd learned through those mistakes that the past was the past, and that a person could indeed learn from the past and change rather than dwelling in it.

Which was just what he'd been doing for the past few months. What he'd been doing since he'd met Galen, really.

Rean deserved the same chances he had been given to move past his mistake. And the time seemed to be drawing closer when the Jedi Master might be able to do precisely that.

He really hadn't any clue if Jasyn had contacted the Jedi Master, but some small kernel within Terrin persisted that he shouldn't worry so much about that. The guy was a Jedi Master after all; he would know what was going on.

Drifting from his thoughts only momentarily to glance at his chrono, Terrin mentally calculated the time til their arrival.Not too much longer, he thought to himself. But hopefully soon enough to be of some help.

And SHEESH, what are you doing standing around like nerf when you could be figuring out the best way to find the gang?

Well let's see, there's the good ole hunt and peck strategy, but that may or may not prove very fruitful. Even with biosensor technology, it would take time. They COULD try that plus comming Matt and Yaoksi to see if they could get through, but something told Terrin that the ores of the mine would make that difficult.

But then, it was pretty likely that, at the moment, there were only about three living souls on Kessel anyway. That is, he thought with a gulp, If they were still living. What if they'd run into some nasty creature? What if...

Terrin cancelled that line of thought right then and there. They just HAD to be allright. Maybe lost, but allright...

At last, a thought.

All those miserable days of being the lackey of a Moff just might finally pay off for something good. Terrin knew that his personal access to the underground Imperial system was probably null, but he still had a few tricks up his sleeve. He knew the system, he'd been in legitimately. So he could get into it illegitimately, especially with Jasyn's help.

And then they could quite easily snag a few maps of those old mines. Though that might not seem like much, they'd have a clue as to where they were going while they searched. And just maybe taking a good look at the maps would give leeway to more ideas.

"Hey, Jasyn!" he called, finally snapping from his reverie and drawing a quizzical look from his employee as well as his fiancee.

"Yeah?" Jasyn asked.

"Think you can bust into Krenoff's computer system like we used to?"

Jasyn arched an eyebrow, but nodded. "Yeah, sure. But why?"

"I want maps of every one of those mines on Kessel. And I want the genuine article so we can be privy to all possible traps and escape routes. If we're going in, we're gonna go in fully prepared."

Jasyn turned in his seat to face the computer consol at the helm. "I'm on it..."

[ 03-10-2002 08:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.30
Master Rean

Member # 151

posted 03-15-2002 11:18 AM     Profile for Master Rean   Author's Homepage   Email Master Rean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The blast of primal fear screaming through the All was great enough to sidepass reality and find its way into Master Rean’s mind. He doubled over in pain as terror screamed through him from somewhere he could not quite pinpoint.

He shivered with sudden cold suddenly finding himself faced with a quandery. Those in the ship he was trailing were of the utmost importance, Galen’s baby had to be delivered safely and kept from harm. Yet the utterly simply cry for help jarred his jedi soul, he knew he had to go to the assistance of the one calling for help.

Rean frowned for a moment as he got himself under control, then he reached out through the all and just dropped the shield from his personal ship, making sure it was still around the one carrying Galen and Terrin. Taking a deep breath to fortify himself for what horrors might lay ahead he reached out into the All and stepped through following the cry. He could not even notify Terrin and Galen about his move as he didn’t dare risk dropping their shield. Hopefully he would resolve the issue and be back before he was missed.

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Master Rean

Member # 151

posted 03-15-2002 11:20 AM     Profile for Master Rean   Author's Homepage   Email Master Rean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rean is going into Standing On The Edge of Forever.

--------------------

Posts: 28 | From: | Registered: Jan 2002  |  Logged: 207.165.114.21
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-16-2002 11:48 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Terrin?" Jasyn said suddenly, looking slightly away from the consol.

"Yes?"

Jasyn frowned, keying something in on the computer. "We have...an extra lifeform reading on the ship."

"What?!" Terrin blurted.

"There's someone or something aft that doesn't belong," Jasyn replied calmly.

As if not believing it, Terrin leaned over to glare at the monitor, trying to will the obvious away. "Sithspawn. Sithspawn!!! What the hell is on our ship?"

"I don't know, but I'm not going aft until I do know. And I'm not so sure I want to go aft even then."

Terrin shuddered. What if it was that...that...THING? "Seal off the cabin. See if you can get a good lifeform reading. If anything, I think we are close enough to Kessel to stay hunkered in the cabin if that's what it requires.

What of the maps of the mines?"

Jasyn turned. "First off"...here he keyed something in..."Cabin sealed. And now, I'm on the maps again. I think I've just hit on them. But while that is downloading, I'll try to figure what exactly has stowed away aboard our ship..."

[ 03-16-2002 12:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.234
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-16-2002 01:46 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turned from my seat at navigation, somehow not too surprised at this latest disclosure. My thoughts mirrored Terrin's, somehow not entirely unbeknownst to me.

Oh, this just keeps on getting better and better and better!

I turned a concerned face up to meet my love's eyes; the intensity I read therein didn't do much to making me feel any more at ease. Suddenly the ZZ'Shzq had shrunk to an extremely miniscule and altogether too vulnerable size.

For a moment all I could do was exchange looks with Terrin. Then an idea struck me.

"Here's a chance for Rean to maybe prove himself, if he still needs to, love," I brought up, bringing everyone's attention to the fact that we still had him hiding back, our ace-in-the-hole, so to speak. I shifted in my seat.

"Jasyn, why don't you contact him as well, and let him know what's up here? I think this is a situation of enough potential danger to warrant the interruption of that download of the Moff's information; we can always hook back up into that if an outgoing transmission would break our coded link."

I then turned back to Terrin, willing him to come over to me and take me in his arms. It was all I could do to beat back a growing fear that something was going to happen, something terrible....

Expecting Terrin's response to my determinedly pointed thoughts, I began to rise up from my seat. I didn't get far when a sudden stabbing pain ripped through my abdomen. It felt for all the world like some giant fist had grabbed my innards, and had given them a monstrously indomitable squeeze.

I gasped, and one hand flailed upon the navboard to maintain my balance. I still nearly slipped, so slippery had the palm become with sweat, sweat that likewise suddenly began to pour from my brow and develop between my shoulderblades. I froze there like a gandyrak in headlights, afraid to move, afraid to breath, almost afraid to think, but a small primeval cry did manage to manifest itself in something more than mere mental imagery.

Oh ye gods... NOT NOW!

[ 03-16-2002 01:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.181
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-16-2002 02:26 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Before Terrin could respond to anything, Galen grabbed onto the navboard as some sort of nearly-overwhelming pain slammed into her.

Uh-oh...

He flew over to support her, his eyes meeting hers in question. She didn't have to tell him anything. He knew what was probably going on.

"Jasyn...contact Master Rean, right now," he said, not bothering to turn and look at the other man. Terrin knew Jasyn wouldn't argue the order.

"Ummm...Terrin..."

"Now, Jasyn..."

"That's just it. Rean...isn't replying to the hail."

How Terrin managed to jerk around and throw a look of horror at Jasyn while still supporting Galen, he wasn't quite sure. But he managed. A sick feeling started creeping up his spine. "Oh, please tell me that you are joking."

Jasyn looked down, sighing. "Afraid I'm not. And I just did a lifeform scan on Rean's ship. There ummm...isn't anyone on board."

The sick feeling started to get even worse.

"And our stowaway...the body signature would indicate that it is...a Noghri..."

"Where is he?" Terrin growled.

"In the cargo hold."

"Cut off life support in that sector of the ship and seal it off."

Jasyn fairly fell out of his chair. Terrin just glared.

"Just do it, Jasyn. Do it now. This isn't the time to be playing nice."

"But if we do that he'll know we're onto him. Thusfar he hasn't moved. He just might if we cut off his life support."

Terrin sighed, conceding the point. "So what do you suggest?"

"Well, cargo hold doors ARE closed. He won't be alerted if we simply seal them closed. I can keep a monitor on him and cut off life support if he gets on the move."

Terrin bit his lip in thought, then nodded. "Allright. Do it."

Then, he returned his attentions to Galen, who he still was holding supportively. His blue eyes looked into her brown ones in question. He knew very well what the answer would be.

[ 03-16-2002 02:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.82
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-16-2002 02:48 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I pressed my body as hard as I could against Terrin, as though that contact would assuage the waves of pain my body was now being assaulted with. Time stood still for a seeming eternity, then gradually began ticking once more as the crashing waves subsided a bit. I managed to stand upright, and drew in a shaky breath, my eyes never leaving Terrin's.

I read a multitude of concerns there, which wasn't unexpected. I just hoped he didn't think my next firm suggestion wasn't being uttered out of pain-induced insensibility. I meant every word I managed to gasp before another blast of pain doubled me over.

"Don't you DARE divert from Kessel because of me!" I hissed through my clenched teeth. "I won't be the first to have a baby au natural, and something is telling me we're gonna be needing Cella more than we realize. We have to get to her first, that's all there is to it!

Now," I continued, trying to lighten the tone of my voice. "If I could just lie down somewhere...."

Then my words cut abruptly off. I didn't have room in my mind to formulate any more of them at the moment.

[ 03-16-2002 03:00 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.181
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-16-2002 03:06 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Divert from Kessel? The idea hadn't even actually crossed his mind yet. And really, could he leave Yaoksi, Matt, Cella, Naisra'len and K'kihl there alone? No. He'd told them that he'd come. And he meant every word of it.

"We won't divert," he whispered, shaking his head for emphasis. "Jasyn, how is that sealing off coming along?"

"It's done, Terrin. The little bugger should be stuck til we arrive at Kessel. THEN we'll get the hell off this ship and get rid of the imp before we return."

"How far is Kessel?"

"A while yet, but not too far. Maybe we'll make it before ummm...there are four of us here instead of just the three of us."

Terrin couldn't help but grin a bit at that. "Allright. Open the cabin doors. And lock them behind you. I'll let you know if we need you."

Jasyn nodded.

With no further discussion, Terrin headed into the ship with Galen, glancing around suspiciously as he did so, as if suspecting something to jump out of them at any moment. But they made it back to their quarters safely and without any trouble.

As he helped Galen lay down and get comfortable, Terrin couldn't help but wonder what the hell that little bugger was doing on their ship if he wasn't going to even act against them.

The answer that was niggling in the back of Terrin's mind was enough to prompt him to lock the door behind them.

[ 03-16-2002 03:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.82
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 03-17-2002 11:29 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Jasyn practically jumped out of his boots when the commboard went red.

Oh what NOW?!

Hesitantly, he switched the comm on. "Jasyn Lancaster aboard the ZZ'Shzq," he said.

"Jedi Shawn Petrolu. I'm looking to speak with Captain Terrin Danner."

Jasyn arched an eyebrow. "He ummm...can't come to the comm right now." Petrolu? As in "Shayla Stargazer Petrolu? What gives?

"Mr. Lancaster, this is urgent. The Jedi Council has instructed me to get in contact with him."

Jasyn rolled his eyes. Here we go again. ANOTHER Jedi.

"Allright. I'll see if he'll reply. Hold a moment.

Sheesh, what am I? The switchboard operator? Jasyn mused a bit darkly as he switched over to the ship-wide comm. "Terrin, you have a comm coming through. From a Shawn Petrolu."

A few moments passed before Terrin replied. "Excuse me?"

"Yeah, that's right. Shawn Petrolu is on the comm."

More hesitation. Terrin probably thought that Jasyn was pulling his leg. "Allright," he finally said. "Put him through."

[ 03-17-2002 11:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.43
Shawn Petrolu

Trustworthy Jedi Knight

Member # 154

posted 03-17-2002 11:47 AM     Profile for Shawn Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sitting in the cabin of the Starlight, Shawn waited patiently for Captain Danner to take the comm.

"This is Captain Terrin Danner," the commboard at last crackled. "Is this really Shawn Petrolu?"

Shawn grinned a bit at that. The last time he and Mr. Danner had been in contact, they hadn't been on the best terms. Terrin had been after his sister. Now the situation was much different.

"Yes, Terrin, this is really Shawn Petrolu. The Council has sent me to help you, but I've gotta have a rendevous point."

The line went dead a moment. "If the Jedi Council is so interested in helping us, why don't they send us someone who will stick around and act like a decent Jedi?" Terrin growled.

Allright, Shawn thought, That's fair enough. "I take it Master Rean is up for questioning?"

"Master Rean has disappeared," Terrin snapped. "Mind telling how you came to be our next savior?"

Shawn remained calm in the midst of the questioning. Terrin was no doubt stressed out and had been through alot. "You know as well as I do that if anyone is going to stop Shayla I'd have the best shot."

Terrin seemed to consider. "Would you now?" The question wasn't a hostile one, merely a thought. "She is your sister. And I was chasing her."

Terrin was cooling down. "Times apparently change. And whether Shayla is my sister or not, this baby is important."

Shawn didn't have to say anything else. He knew from the vibes on the other end of the line he had Terrin's attention. "So will you give me a rendevous point, or do I have to hunt you down?"

"Yeah," Terrin said, his voice lightening. "I'll give you a rendevous point. Circumstances being what they are, I think we just might be in need of your assistance," he said. Then he added, almost as a bit of a taunt, "Jedi though you are."

Shawn smiled in response, "Yeah."

"Coordinates headed your way. Now I must go...seems we have a baby on the way. And I do mean on the way. Hurry."

Shawn nodded. "I will. Petrolu out."

[ 03-17-2002 11:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shawn Petrolu ]

--------------------

Please shoot me, I'm surrounded by idiots.

Posts: 553 | From: See Mara1Jade | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 146.201.34.43
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-17-2002 12:54 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The waves of pain, which by now appeared to be converging upon some mysterious central point somewhere in the vicinity of my navel, released me momentarily from their iron grasp. I let out a huge breath of relief, simultaneously releasing the death's grip I had put on Terrin's hand. My other hand toyed distractedly with the moist sheets I was laying upon.

C'mon... c'mon! I berated myself inwardly. You can do this... piece of cake...!

Another contraction lanced into me and a moan originating in my toes erupted from my lips. I think that one got Terrin's full attention, but I couldn't be certain. Love of my life though he now was, there are just times when one's priorities get properly aligned. And at the moment, mine were aimed at bringing little JhinDarra into the world without attacking Terrin.

Strange the workings of the female mind in labor....

The second wave subsided into a dull throbbing, and I was able to focus my eyes on my surroundings again. Terrin was sitting beside me, mopping my sweaty face with something, the most concerned and actually somewhat vague look that I had ever seen planted upon the strong planes of his features. Seeing that look, I smiled, and gave his hand a more loving kind of a squeeze.

It was then that I realized he was talking to someone over the comm... and it wasn't Jasyn. I perked my ears as best I could to listen before another contraction could interrupt me again.

A Jedi??? ANOTHER Jedi??? Yeesh... if he's smart, he'll avoid us like the Plague! the thought came briefly to my mind. Those who hang with us seem to be dropping like flies....

Feeling the onset of another involuntary muscular spasm, I waved a hand feebly at Terrin. "J-Jedi?" I parroted my own thought, but this time managed to follow it with another. The hand dropped to lay on my rock-hard abdomen.

"Help...." I could say no more about it, my voice trailing off into another miasma of life-giving pain.

[ 03-17-2002 12:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.181
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-17-2002 01:07 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin took her hand in his again as another contraction rocked her, trying for all the world to look like he was completely in control.

Yeah right buster. You haven't got the first clue about raising a kid.

Not that this is necessarily a BAD thing...

Refocusing his attentions on Galen, he paid mind to what she had asked before her contraction as her grip on his hand began to gradually subside again. "Yeah, Jedi," he said, planting a somewhat bemused expression on his face. "This one seems to have a personal stake in all of this," he explained. Then he leaned in a bit, almost whispering. "He's the brother of Graysith's Adept. And judging from what I know of him, he's one of the most dedicated people I know. And he's offering us his help."

With that Terrin leaned back again, waiting for any reply and the next contraction.

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.39
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 03-17-2002 01:14 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A warning flag shot up the moment Terrin sat back. Although it was probably one indicating the approach of yet another muscle spasm, I couldn't help but worry a bit over what he had just told me.

A Jedi with a personal stake, whose sister is MY "ex-sister's" Adept? Now, what did I see wrong with this picture...?

Except maybe the possiblity of him hauling us closer to that evil which every sense I owned was screaming at me to stay far, far away from.

I opened my mouth to voice this concern, but all that came out was an ascending shriek. Something told me something... or rather, someone,was going to be popping soon.

[ 03-17-2002 01:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1458 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.181
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 03-17-2002 01:21 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned a bit, noticing the concern that was crossing Galen's face.

Not that those concerns didn't mirror his own.

And not that he had an opportunity to voice his opinions one way or the other, either.

Galen gripped his hand with death's own hold, the scream erupting from her lips snapping him alert.

Something told him little Jhin'Darra was about to make her entrance...

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1189 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.39

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e